Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,794 members, 7,851,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:07 AM

Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers (51872 Views)

Boko Haram Members Killed By Army As They Tried To Attack Soldiers From Sambisa / Boko Haram Crossing Sambisa Forest From Komala Killed Today By Army / Boko Haram's Sex Enhancing Drugs Seized By Army (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Nobody: 1:46am On Jan 31, 2015
I dont believe this letter came from any army officers. The same corrupt officers that deny soldiers their salaries, would now turn around and accuse GEJ of negligence of the army. From what we have seen so far, 'BH is more equipped than us' is because you let BH to capture your own weapons of warfare. I dont believe this bunch are anywhere as patriotic as those that have lost their lives (RIP to the dead).
I see them as people who want to eat their cakes and still have it. cry cry cry

7 Likes

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Godisnear(m): 1:46am On Jan 31, 2015
my dear country
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by publicenemy(m): 1:47am On Jan 31, 2015
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by chronique(m): 1:47am On Jan 31, 2015
*sighs*

While I do not like to believe anything from sahara reporters,I also think it's pertinent to look into some of these re-occuring accusations of corruption in the military high command. Honestly,I can't remember the last time I heard anything from our chief of defence staff(Alex Badeh),and our chief of army staff(Keneth Minimah). Since rear admiral Ola A'sad and Onyeabo Ihejirika left,things haven't been the same. I can't remember if boko haram captured any territory during their reign. It pretty looks like the new guys aren't up to scratch,or are simply being overwhelmed by the insurgency war. I know the army has tried its best,given the special circumstances that surrounds this operation but I feel more needs to be done. I don't like hearing news like this. It irritates me.

7 Likes

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by oliy24(m): 1:48am On Jan 31, 2015
gej
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Nobody: 1:48am On Jan 31, 2015
Nobody knows what the real truth is. If truly GEJ can stop this BH, and yet failed to do so, then it is terribly bad.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Nobody: 1:49am On Jan 31, 2015
Oya over to you Maj Gen Olukolade...what do you have to say about this open letter, although about 80% of what you dish out to people is proven to be lies but what can one do? You are the only mouthpiece of the Army. Tell us about the initial letter addressed to the Prisient and its content. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by sassas: 1:50am On Jan 31, 2015
I don't believe this.
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by kpolli(m): 1:50am On Jan 31, 2015
By APC owned Sahara Reporters....

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by ideyvexnow: 1:53am On Jan 31, 2015
Propaganda, Propaganda, Propaganda.

APC, una no dey tire to dey lie?

Abeg, NEXT!

4 Likes

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Chris95(m): 1:54am On Jan 31, 2015
If dis is true den its a pity, dis country is a big joke!

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Zitoangels(m): 1:55am On Jan 31, 2015
OYA, let the blaminq beqinq to roll! 'cos I know some people will still come to say "its just another propaganda aimed at the president". When they see the truth, they wear thick sunshades! LION NO FIT BORN GOAT NAU...Clueless president,clueless supporters.

7 Likes

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Lamexx(m): 1:57am On Jan 31, 2015
cycline404:

See Us

Bros no vex...you know as things dey be nahh. we just dey buy the available land before the omo oniles of nairaland go sell am finish
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by agabaI23(m): 1:58am On Jan 31, 2015
Hahaha, sahara reporters
Who else?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by agabusta: 1:59am On Jan 31, 2015
Seun:
Some parts of the letter seem politically oriented. However, it names some specific names, which is helpful, but I was hoping for more info.

The name that would have been the most important release is that of the person that wrote a letter to the president. I wonder why they decided to keep the name. Spilling out the name would have given the letter some more credibility.

Well, for now I guess they just want our attention to be on the Chief of Operations and the ADC to the president.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by sonnie10: 2:01am On Jan 31, 2015
Dear concerned officers, reading through your letter I can infer that there is an undertone of ethnic divide in your message. Then, I have one piece of advise for all of you. Call your boko haram brothers and talk to them in your mother language, the same language you both spoke while growing up in the same household. These people are your brothers and you can not deny them now. Tell them to stop all these wicked acts and embrace peace.

You know you can talk as brothers and I would assume you still do. You honestly know that you really do not need weapons to stop your brothers. Call them to order because no matter how bad a person is, there is still someone they will listen to. If they do not listen to you, involve your mothers, wives, sisters.

Do you really need GEJ before you can talk to your brothers? Remember, you were brothers first before you became an army, and you are still brothers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by chigoizie7(m): 2:04am On Jan 31, 2015
hyfr:
""You don't want to go into public details of your frustrations because doing so will boost the morale of your enemy"". This guy has no chill, I guess is one of their cheap propagandas at work

yeah, seriously? he doesn't want to go public my foot, i wonder what this very "OPEN LETTER" is, going private. mtcheeeeeeeew.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Sanchez01: 2:06am On Jan 31, 2015
A man who had no military record and was made C-I-C of the armed forces, surrounds himself with the likes of FFK, Doyin Okupe, Reno Omokri and the runaway Maku. What do you expect

agabusta:

The name that would have been the most important release is that of the person that wrote a letter to the president. I wonder why they decided to keep the name. Spilling out the name would have given the letter some more credibility.
Well, for now I guess they just want our attention to be on the Chief of Operations and the ADC to the president.
And you think by doing such the soldier does not expose himself to danger I don't believe this came from army officers though, more like those at the receiving end of a cane

4 Likes

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by merits(m): 2:07am On Jan 31, 2015
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Lamexx(m): 2:08am On Jan 31, 2015
Godisnear:
Land for Sale

grin cheesy grin You don buy land finish. Now you wan sell am. How much per plot cool
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by hyfr(m): 2:08am On Jan 31, 2015
chigoizie7:

yeah, seriously? he doesn't want to go public my foot, i wonder what this very "OPEN LETTER" is, going private. mtcheeeeeeeew.
dude have u ever thought of how biafra is going to be? A small nation of hard working individuals with lots of crude oil,gold,coal,lime stone, etc to spoil the nation with? cool. We already have made moguls like uzor kalu, andy ubah, innoson, etc to bring in foreign industries to develop the power sector, academic sector, agriculture etc mehn Biafra is the BOMB

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Chigold101(m): 2:14am On Jan 31, 2015
hyfr:
Because he doesn't have a relative there? Lmao this guy is a sure member of Boko haram, continue writing your love letter
...love letter indeed...lolzzz
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by atlwireles: 2:14am On Jan 31, 2015
These are same officers donating weapons to boko haram.

http://www.punchng.com/news/military-arrests-general-senior-officers-over-baga-attack/

The authorities of the Nigerian military have arrested senior Army personnel on attachment to the Multi National Joint Task Force.

Those arrested and placed under movement restriction are a Brig. Gen, a Lt. Col. and five other officers of the Nigerian Army deployed to the Baga headquarters of Multinational Joint Task Force, which was attacked and taken over by members of the Boko Haram sect on January 5, 2015.

Investigations revealed that the military authorities arrested the Brigadier-General and six other officers including a Lt. Col. in Maiduguri and moved them to Abuja for questioning.

The arrested officers are expected to answer questions on the loss of men and location, and military equipment which were taken over by the insurgents.

It was learnt that Baga came under attack barely 48 hours after the Army moved weapons to fortify the place in anticipation of a well-coordinated onslaught against the insurgents.

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:17am On Jan 31, 2015
hyfr:
dude have u ever thought of how biafra is going to be? A small nation of hard working individuals with lots of crude oil,gold,coal,lime stone, etc to spoil the nation with? cool. We already have made moguls like uzor kalu, andy ubah, innoson, etc to bring in foreign industries to develop the power sector, academic sector, agriculture etc mehn Biafra is the BOMB
What did a mogul like Orji Uzor Kalu do for Abia State?

Abia State is in rot. The allocation given to them is being wasted. From Aba to Umuahia to Onitsha.

The leaders here should wake up and stop asking for more. Remember the story of the talent?

They have gotten enough to develop the East and the Niger Delta.

7 Likes

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by cold(m): 2:18am On Jan 31, 2015
What are these concerns? Yes an officer has made some serious allegations but it behoves on these officers if there is any truth they wrote that letter to re-state the problems they face,allegations of corruption,etc with incontrovertible proof.
There's no doubt that there are fundamental issues affecting the Nigerian military but the president needs to see proof to believe. Not the 'everything is under control' stories he hears from his army chiefs.
It took a video from Channels tv about the rot in the police academy to jolt mr president into action. May be a video clip like that from the north east will do trick. It's really tragic how we continue to lose officers & men to a rag-tag group

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by hyfr(m): 2:21am On Jan 31, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
What did a mogul like Orji Uzor Kalu do for Abia State?

Abia State is in rot. The allocation given to them is being wasted. From Aba to Umuahia to Onitsha.

The leaders here should wake up and stop asking for more. Remember the story of the talent?

They have gotten enough to develop the East and the Niger Delta.
I dey talk something u dey talk another thing. Uzor kalu will curb unemployment go to lagos and abj and see youths he employed. I'm talking about biafra not singling out a single start to explore
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Nobody: 2:23am On Jan 31, 2015
Lamexx:
@ControlX...you forgot the railway line that has been resuscitated after years of inaction. Maiduguri to Port Harcourt by rail will soon be commissioned. Truely GEJ is working.

On a final note, GEJ may not be the best but Buhari is simply not an option.
Dont mind the propagandist party... they think we are foolish enough to swallow their red zobo & open lies. Yimu... I checked up and saw that majority of Nigerians are not fooled. GEJ is continuing till 2015

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Nobody: 2:24am On Jan 31, 2015
Lamexx:
@ControlX...you forgot the railway line that has been resuscitated after years of inaction. Maiduguri to Port Harcourt by rail will soon be commissioned. Truely GEJ is working.

On a final note, GEJ may not be the best but Buhari is simply not an option.

Dont mind the propagandist party... they think we are foolish enough to swallow their red zobo & open lies. Yimu... I checked up and saw that majority of Nigerians are not fooled. GEJ is continuing till 2019

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Nobody: 2:26am On Jan 31, 2015
hyfr:
I dey talk something u dey talk another thing. Uzor kalu will curb unemployment go to lagos and abj and see youths he employed. I'm talking about biafra not singling out a single start to explore

The man is right.

I was in Abia state during the tail end of the Kalu regime....and honestly I felt disappointed with what I saw.(The most sad bit was seeing the Golden Guinea factory dormant....and I don't even drink)

Why should Kalu be curbing unemployment in Lagos and Abuja?(And Abia now is about to fall to APGA because PDP has messed up)

You Nigerians....one reason why I do not support secession is that the kind of leaders who will lead you are the same old corrupt clones who are already there now. And you won't like it. (And there ain't no Ojukwu....who was not perfect....but who was at least visionary)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by winioluwa: 2:30am On Jan 31, 2015
ControlX:
Cheap talk....
Corruption in the army did not start today. It started in the hay days of Buhari & IBB though they try to sugar coat their failures and cover it up with cheap propaganda. Passing all the bulk to one man's table because he is the sitting President doesn't add up. Even OBJ couldn't deal with Army corruption effectively hence he sacked top army officers. Leave GEJ alone. The problem does not start and end with him. Even you all complaining now when you get to prime military positions tomorrow, you will do worse than the current ones. Stop making yourself a stooge in the hands of these political jobbers of a party called APC because of the coming elections.
Yimu® undecided

Why do we say things we do not understand? Please be aware that during the military regime of Major General Bulgaria corruption was low and not 89% where it stand presently as a rating. However, irrespective of the report published of the military officers the present administration should be pleased to investigate what has gone wrong because we as Nigerians acquire wealth at the expense of others. When are we ready to change and make it a way of life instead of life taking sides. Corruption is a sin.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NSIP: Are They Paying Ghosts? - Ben Kalu Questions Maryam Uwais / Zarah Buhari Indimi At APC Women And Youth Victory Dinner / PHOTOS: President Buhari With His Former Classmates In USA Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.