Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,750 members, 7,840,918 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers (51853 Views)

Boko Haram Members Killed By Army As They Tried To Attack Soldiers From Sambisa / Boko Haram Crossing Sambisa Forest From Komala Killed Today By Army / Boko Haram's Sex Enhancing Drugs Seized By Army (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by JuanDeDios: 8:52am On Jan 31, 2015
Seun:
Some parts of the letter seem politically oriented. However, it names some specific names, which is helpful, but I was hoping for more info.
Their primary reason for writing wasn't to supply information. It was to redirect the president's attention to a previously written letter which it appears the president has ignored, preferring to believe his service chiefs that there is no problem in the military. It appears the man hasn't the common sense to sense what the reports of mutiny and desertions and court martials point to.
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by PenSniper: 8:58am On Jan 31, 2015
ControlX:
Despite all this Is President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Really Bad? He has done well. I challenge the Buhari supporters give me 10 things Buhari has achieved for this country.
1] Goodluck Jonathan signed FOI bill that
Obasanjo
refused to sign and you join then in saying that
Goodluck is bad.
2] Goodluck approved N18,000 Minimum wage
from N7,500 Which Obasanjo refused to sign and
you say that Goodluck is bad and NYSC
allowance
from N7,500 to nearly approved N39,500, yet they
say he is bad.
3] Goodluck dualized federal roads (about
25,000km) which Obasanjo and past Govts
abandoned and you say Goodluck is bad.
4] The rail system is working now, with little
budget But Obasanjo Sunk billions of dollars
without result, other pasts leader ignored and you
say that Goodluck is bad.
5] Goodluck has been conducting free and fair
elections whereas the ones conducted under
Obasanjo are Shameful and national disgrace yet
you say Goodluck is bad.
6] Goodluck established 12 new universities, 9 in
the North to improve learning and knowledge and
increase the Jambites admission rate, yet you say
that Goodluck is bad.
7] Goodluck established the Almajiri system for
Northern abandoned street children and those
deprived of education by their own people and
you
say Goodluck is bad.
8] Goodluck has been building dams and
improving
the country's power from 2500mW to 6,000MW -
And successfully privatized the sector which
many
analyst believed is the best way to go and you
joined them say that Goodluck is bad.
9] Agriculture have been revamped and for the
first
time in Nigerian history, Food prices came down
during Christmas, instead of skyrocketing and you
say that he is a bad President.
10] 2013 and 2014 was the Christmas in Nigeria,
where Nigerian did not sleep in filling stations for
to 4 days to get Petrol or 100s of people being
roasted alive in attempts to get fuel in petrol
stations, wickedly, you joined them to say that
our
God given President is not performing.
11] Airports are wearing world class looks and
every zone have International airport and you say
Goodluck is bad.
12] This administration has employed more
people
in their 5years in office than any other in the
history of Nigeria [Via Agric, Energy sector,16
New
Car Companies, 12 New Universities, 3,826
primary
Health care Centers, Teaching Hospitals] SURE-P,
YOUWIN and you say Goodluck is bad.
Now do you think that General Muhammadu
Buhari
will perform magic, which he could not do when
he
was in his 40s, if you vote him?
What else do they want from President Goodluck
Ebele Jonathan?
APC is a party of propaganda so we all know where these demeaning reports are coming from. It all about 2015 and the fact remains that no matter their propaganda and mudslinging, BUHARI WILL NEVER BE PRESIDENT... NOT NOW, NOT EVER.

My bro, am taking this issue personal. All you have stated are verifiable facts plus the fact that GEJ is the only humble, listening, tolerant and accormodating president Nigeria has ever had. My point is, Where are the image makers for the govt. and the PDP? Why cant they drum on these points loudly enough. They have weapons for campaign but are not using it? Added to that is Buhari's non-performance, illireracy and other issues. The only weapon the APC use is corruption whereas all of them and Buhari are corrupt. Anyway, i am Yoruba and i decree that cursed be any Yoruba that vote for Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by olafemi(m): 9:06am On Jan 31, 2015
I simply believe this letter a great deal with the current corruption of high ranked Army officers.GEJ isn't the problem but the Army Oga's.
An Army friend once told me the FG gives each battalion of Army the sum of 60M every month and an average soldier goes home with less than a 100k every month.

See list of the fear of Army as stated by my Army friend.

1.A soldier goes home with less than 100k monthly for risking their lives in the Boko haram fight.

2.The army fights having in mind that they have a wife and children at home will the ideology of a boko haram is to die and to meet allah

3.The boko guys waste bullets as an average Army does not want to waste his bullet as trained-in other word a boko guy can wish to just shot 1000 bullets in an empty forest.

4.The Army goes on dry ration while at war in the forest while chopper brings arms and food on weekly basis into the sabisa forest for the boko guys-How do you expect a hungry man to think and shot properly-remember they are human beings oh

5. While at war there is no body taken cover for the army while they advice.

6. Do Nigerian have an Idea of how big that forest is?

Please nobody should blame GEJ.If you have ever managed and give instruction to 10 person in your life then you would have an idea instructing million of persons.

Wish us luck
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by PenSniper: 9:09am On Jan 31, 2015
Lamexx:
I have a gut feeling that there is an 80% chance that the new above is false. I smell sabotage among the ranks and file of the army.

Just heard in the news today that 5 officer were arrested for the attack at Baga. They were informed of the attack but refused to act.

Bro, know the truth -
1- Religion is an issue also in the army, some officers and ranks are in sympathy with BH.
2- Some conmanders dont deploy allowances meant for the soldiers well if at all.
3- Some soldiers who served in UNIFIL,others years back are yet to collect their deserved allowances paid to the army by the UN and they draft them to go and fight not minding their morale.
4- Some of the officers still listen to most of these corrupt retired generals. Got it ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 31, 2015
True talk GEJ has done a few tangible things past admins couldnt do but for the fact that he has allowed our symbol of unity (nigerian army) to be ridiculed is highly unacceptable. Its high time he looked into the corruption going on in NA and do something about it. In my own opinion, he shouldnt be contesting this election because he doesnt have what it takes to sustain and maintain the unity of Nigeria
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by didactic70: 9:09am On Jan 31, 2015
ControlX:
PLEASE HELP ME SOLVE THIS PUZZLE.... IT HAS BEEN GIVING ME HEADACHE FOR A LONG WHILE NOW.
I am an something. I am 73yrs old. I have no Certificate and I want to rule Nigeria.... What am i??
grin grin grin
GEJ TILL 2019
SULE LAMIDO 2019-2027grin
THEN GEJ 2027-ARMAGEDDONgrin
Haters go and hug your street transformers tongue
Let that something be B.Since he is 73.B=73.-C-N=0.No vote n a fraud.Where C is no certificate n N is no chance of ruling Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Emdee590(m): 9:10am On Jan 31, 2015
We are sitting on a time bomb here in
Nigeria called
the politicians. Instead of praying to God to
destroy
all the enemies of our great country, we
are busy supporting the politicians that did not
know of our
existence. When the bombs go off now and
the war
begins, they will run away with their
families leaving we the masses to kill ourselves. Ibos
remember
Ojukwu He didn't die in the civil war o
but some
of your parents did. Yorubas, did OBJ die in
the war? No, in fact he was a president for
two terms
99-07. he still lives and your family
members are
still missing. Hausas, what of IBB and
T.Danjuma?? They are still alive o. The civil war did not
consumed them. My middle beltans,
Yakubu Gowon
is still alive o while some of you had gone
with the
Rivers Benue and Niger. So, if should happen. You
and I will be killed but GEJ, Nyako,
Oshoimole,
Almakura, El-Rufai, Buhari, APC, PDP and
their co
travellers will survive. We should stop seeing
ourselves as Yoruba, Ibo or Hausa, South or
North.
We should see ourselves as Nigerians
having
common troubles & enemies. And say NO to the
Politicians trying to use us for their selfish
interests.
May God destroy all the enemies of our
great
country, Nigeria. Oh God, take care of those saying
Nigeria will not be in existence by 2015,
and or
have negative plans for the future of our
beloved
home Nigeria for us. My God nothing is beyond
You, save our Nigeria from the hands of
GREEDY
politicians and give us leaders that will
make us
proud anywhere we find ourselves in this world. God
Bless Nigerians. 1 Nigeria, United we
stand!!![color=#990000][/color]
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by organic973: 9:10am On Jan 31, 2015
I smell politics and sabotage in this letter though contain some truths.
But I kick against the line that state GEJ turned blind eye to corruption. This one is a lie.
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by joeyekembele: 9:16am On Jan 31, 2015
lordcornel:
hMmmmmmm!!! I smell lies n conspiracy..y e b say na saharareporters go get dis letter.. but seriously gej should look into dis I believe BH r still existing cos of d rot in our system..something is wrong somewhere...

This open letter is a clear case of APC propaganda to further their unfounded allegation against the president. Anyone with military background who reads this letter knows that it was not written by a military personnel as the use of English and terminology are not military. Both the tone, choice of words etc are civil and not military in presentation. What do you understand by a provost marshal in the military? May be the writer was referring to the civilian police force.
One thing I realised withe the APC is that, they tend to be cunning by playing a smart game. But they are not smart enough to tell a convincing lie. Look at it from when they forged the Buhari statement of result, zooming the result clearly shows forgery even by a blind man. Nigerians, disregard this letter as the Nigerian military is doing more than enough to eradicate BH. The military personnel have flesh and blood also, remember. The ABOKIS in the north including Buhari have the key. If they come together and tell their boys to stop the acts, they will stop.
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by PenSniper: 9:22am On Jan 31, 2015
agabusta:
Every wise heart should know that this portends danger to the unity of this country. History will never forgive GEJ if there is a breakdown of law and order among the rank and file of the military.

Infact, this will lead to balkanization of Nigeria with different militia in control of different parts of the country and an endless war of attrition. The resultant bloodshed and confusion cannot even be imagined.

I have no reason to doubt this letter giving the rate at which soldiers are being court martialed at this time. And also due to my interaction with an army officer I gave a ride sometimes back.

I think it is time the council of state told the president the plain truth that some corrupt senior military officers needs to be punished in order to restore confidence and the morale of the rank and file.

And the issue of welfare and adequately equipping the army, especially those at the theatre of war should be giving a priority if we don't want to experience a wide spread mutiny leading to chaos and anarchy.

He that hath ears, let him hear.

Some retired generals still have some clout in the military and may be responsible for some of these things in order to frustrate GEJ. Did you not hear of IBB' s statement recently when he said the boys in the military are boys to all of them old ones by esprit-de-corps ? There is a grand conspiracy against GEJ. Do IBB and OBJ not have terrible corruption issues ? Plus the fact that Buhari has been a sworn enemy of IBB. But against the interest of nigerians, the three of them have pallied to endorse Buhari on the understanding that he must not rock their boat "if" he gets there. Please get wise to their gimmicks.
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Rexyl(m): 9:22am On Jan 31, 2015
oyb:

You pathetic louts wil not stop this played out denial. It is the north, it is APC, it is Chad it is america, it is everything except your incompetent cinc who has allowed a ragtag band of thugs to grow into a regional threat.

Every other day, we are hearing of strange happenings in Enugu. If massob takes a leaf from bh,'s script, you lot will be in the same predicament. The incompetence of gej and its manifestation in our armed forces means any thug with an agenda can scatter this country

I can't just get you: you mean your terrorist brothers in the North are tugs. Tugs are not deadly and power hungry like those brothers of yours. Stop blaming Jonathan for your evils. Before Jonathan declared states of emergency, what has been success of your governors over the tugs ... as you want us to believe... that needed involvement of President Jonathan? That shows how your leaders are a failure.
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by 13july: 9:22am On Jan 31, 2015
ControlX:
Cheap talk....
Corruption in the army did not start today. It started in the hay days of Buhari & IBB though they try to sugar coat their failures and cover it up with cheap propaganda. Passing all the bulk to one man's table because he is the sitting President doesn't add up. Even OBJ couldn't deal with Army corruption effectively hence he sacked top army officers. Leave GEJ alone. The problem does not start and end with him. Even you all complaining now when you get to prime military positions tomorrow, you will do worse than the current ones. Stop making yourself a stooge in the hands of these political jobbers of a party called APC because of the coming elections.
Yimu® undecided
if he can not do the job let him leave. Stop giving excuse . We put him there to fix it not neglect it.
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by agabusta: 9:27am On Jan 31, 2015
maestroferddi:
You appear to love dishing out gratuitous advice and indulging in scaremongering.

I expected you to have the insight to realise that there is no how the above letter could have emanated from a serving soldier.

Don't join the enemies of Nigeria for whom the bell is tolling.

Be wise.

When these things come up, a wise man considers it and take the necessary steps to right any suspected wrong whether the letter seems to be true or not. There is nothing like scaremongering in what I wrote, if urgent steps are not taken in Nigeria we may find ourselves there.

You saying a soldier cannot write such is because you have not been pushed to the wall, in a situation where you cannot protest or question your superiors. This is like a warning that there is growing discontent among the junior officers. If you are close to the military you'll know this is true. Infact, just try and involve any military officer close to you in a discussion and you'll get the answer yourself.

It is better the leadership of this country takes the necessary steps now before we have a coup in our hands. When there is discontent and murmurs among the junior and midlevel soldiers it usually ends up in a coup attempt.

I'm very sure a coup attempt at this time will fail, but the end result may not look good at all. It may result in a break of command among the different military formations.
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by mkbadeniyi(m): 9:29am On Jan 31, 2015
lordcornel:
hMmmmmmm!!! I smell lies n conspiracy..y e b say na saharareporters go get dis letter.. but seriously gej should look into dis I believe BH r still existing cos of d rot in our system..something is wrong somewhere...
are you serious @ all? Where did those guys get helicopters that bring food and arms for them? And you are telling me the president doesn't know anything about it? Do you know why USA have refused to help?

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by joeyekembele: 9:33am On Jan 31, 2015
lordcornel:

This open letter is a clear case of APC propaganda to further their unfounded allegation against the president. Anyone with military background who reads this letter knows that it was not written by a military personnel as the use of English and terminology are not military. Both the tone, choice of words etc are civil and not military in presentation. What do you understand by a provost marshal in the military? May be the writer was referring to the civilian police force.
One thing I realised withe the APC is that, they tend to be cunning by playing a smart game. But they are not smart enough to tell a convincing lie. Look at it from when they forged the Buhari statement of result, zooming the result clearly shows forgery even by a blind man. Nigerians, disregard this letter as the Nigerian military is doing more than enough to eradicate BH. The military personnel have flesh and blood also, remember. The ABOKIS in the north including Buhari have the key. If they come together and tell their boys to stop the acts, they will stop.e
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by obaayo2: 9:35am On Jan 31, 2015
im beginning to pity Jonathan.. for them to write him a letter is showing frustration, jonathan will not ne able to bear the consequence... God bless Nigeria and the ruler that ll make things better.definitely not Jonathan.

but i dont think this letter is from the military.
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 31, 2015
Rexyl:

I can't just get you: you mean your terrorist brothers in the North are tugs. Tugs are not deadly and power hungry like those brothers of yours. Stop blaming Jonathan for your evils. Before Jonathan declared states of emergency, what has been success of your governors over the tugs ... as you want us to believe... that needed involvement of President Jonathan? That shows how your leaders are a failure.

Typical tanoid.

Only one persons has called bh brothers and that is gej himself. It is only gej supporters who like their master thrive on division, that will call bh a nortern agenda.
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by obaayo2: 9:40am On Jan 31, 2015
joeyekembele:

One thing I realised withe the APC is that, they tend to be cunning by playing a smart game. But they are not smart enough to tell a convincing lie. Look at it from when they forged the Buhari statement of result, zooming the result clearly shows forgery even by a blind man. Nigerians, disregard this letter as the Nigerian military is doing more than enough to eradicate BH. The military personnel have flesh and blood also, remember. The ABOKIS in the north including Buhari have the key. If they come together and tell their boys to stop the acts, they will stop.e
what can i say?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 31, 2015
contineu smelling lies untill ur own person wil b involvd k....wiked citizens
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Rexyl(m): 9:46am On Jan 31, 2015
oyb:

Typical tanoid.

Only one persons has called bh brothers and that is gej himself. It is only gej supporters who like their master thrive on division, that will call bh a nortern agenda.

You made me laugh. When leaders such as Buhari, El rufai, Tukur among others stated that boko boys are freedom fighters, and fighting them means fighting the North.

Don't call me what I am not... I am not supporting any party. I will just describe wicked roles some ppl you keep supporting have played.
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by PENCILLER(m): 9:48am On Jan 31, 2015
Despite all this Is President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Really Bad? He has done well. I challenge the Buhari supporters give me 10 things Buhari has achieved for this country.
Obasanjo
Goodluck is bad.
allowance
say he is bad.
you say Goodluck is bad.
that Goodluck is bad.
you
say Goodluck is bad.
improving
many
first
our
Goodluck is bad.
people
New
primary
Buhari
he
Ebele Jonathan?
APC is a party of propaganda so we all know where these demeaning reports are coming from. It all about 2015 and the fact remains that no matter their propaganda and mudslinging, BUHARI WILL NEVER BE PRESIDENT... NOT NOW, NOT EVER.... U said he conductd free&fair election, where&when
u also fail 2 mention ELectricity,unemplyment of our youth, FUEL SUDSIDY, wht about d missng billion dollars, Insecurity whre our soldiers run frm battlng field throwing their weapons entering neighb countries. Shey U 4get ol dx achievmnts abi
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 31, 2015
ur jus a big fool,u dnt knw wat dos sojas n inocent civilians lik u ar passin through ova dere.u can nt even sympatizd wt dem atleast.....hartless ppl....
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 31, 2015
Rexyl:

You made me laugh. When leaders such as Buhari, El rufai, Tukur among others stated that boko boys are freedom fighters, and fighting them means fighting the North.

Don't call me what I am not... I am not supporting any party. I will just describe wicked roles some ppl you keep supporting have played.

This is not your village square. Give us verifiable quotes, not the usual metuh noisemaking.
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by olisafincy(m): 9:56am On Jan 31, 2015
any news from Sahara report is no news.
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by annurhaske(m): 9:59am On Jan 31, 2015
Jonathan is devil
We would vote him
Out come 14feb

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Zaha(m): 10:07am On Jan 31, 2015
YoursGEJ:
Later he will come and tell us say those that are accusing him of sponsoring boko haram are mad. Foolishness at is peak, when was d last time faibuhari condemn any bokoharam attack, i pity u, i also pray for u dat may God run ur life d way faibuhari ran dis country wen he was head of state

What does his body language towards the insurgency tell us? When was the last time he condemned a boko haram attack? He was commiserating with France on the terrorist attack that killed 17 people and didn't say anything when 2,000 Nigerians were slaughtered in Baga. Why are helicopters dropping off supplies to the insurgents? No aircraft should be in Nigerian airspace without the knowledge and approval of FAAN and thus the FG. And Reno Omonkey falsely tried to link SLS to the insurgents. In Owoye Azazi's own words, a few days before his "accident"; PDP is boko haram and boko haram is PDP.

Yet some people who escaped from the psychiatric ward of Yaba hospital will come and blame Buhari.

As for all of you in support of GEJ, I will keep praying that your lives will be run exactly how GEJ is running this country. Amen. You are welcome for the prayer don't menshun
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by ocelot2006(m): 10:08am On Jan 31, 2015
The last letter sounded genuine and made sense. This one looks totally cooked up.
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Zaha(m): 10:11am On Jan 31, 2015
YoursGEJ:
Later he will come and tell us say those that are accusing him of sponsoring boko haram are mad.

What does his body language towards the insurgency tell us? When was the last time he condemned a boko haram attack? He was commiserating with France on the terrorist attack that killed 17 people and didn't say anything when 2,000 Nigerians were slaughtered in Baga. Why are helicopters dropping off supplies to the insurgents? No aircraft should be in Nigerian airspace without the knowledge and approval of FAAN and thus the FG. And Reno Omonkey falsely tried to link SLS to the insurgents. In Owoye Azazi's own words, a few days before his "accident"; PDP is boko haram and boko haram is PDP.

Yet some people who escaped from the psychiatric ward of Yaba hospital will come and blame Buhari.

As for all of you in support of GEJ, I will keep praying that your lives will be run exactly how GEJ is running this country. Amen. You are welcome for the prayer don't menshun
Foolishness at is peak, when was d last time faibuhari condemn any bokoharam attack, i pity u, i also pray for u dat may God run ur life d way faibuhari ran dis country wen he was head of state
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by kman1090(m): 10:16am On Jan 31, 2015
ControlX:
Obasanjo
Goodluck is bad.
allowance
say he is bad.
you say Goodluck is bad.
that Goodluck is bad.
you
say Goodluck is bad.
improving
many
first
our
Goodluck is bad.
people
New
primary
Buhari
he
Ebele Jonathan?
APC is a party of propaganda so we all know where these demeaning reports are coming from. It all about 2015 and the fact remains that no matter their propaganda and mudslinging, BUHARI WILL NEVER BE PRESIDENT... NOT NOW, NOT EVER.
u ar a bloody liar whc nysc allowance dd dt cluless increased....deceptionist
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by Orikinla(m): 10:19am On Jan 31, 2015
ControlX:

[size=18pt]Those who are ignorant of the facts of Nigerian history ask for the achievements of Gen. Muhammad Buhari (retd).
GO AND READ!
PDF]Oil Shock Vulnerabilities & Impacts: Nigeria Case Study
http://r4d.dfid.gov.uk/pdf/outputs/Misc_EcoDev/61062Case-Study-Nigeria.pdf

The Sins of Buhari by Professor Tam David West
April 14, 2011 at 3:45pm

General Muhammadu Buhari is a man revered for his honesty, transparency, integrity and desire for justice for the common man. The idea of a Buhari Presidency is dreaded by some Nigerians who have looted the nation to stupor. These selfish politicians who want to keep Nigerians in poverty often embark on a campaign of calumny by framing up accusations against Buhari in order to prevent Nigerians from voting for a leader who loves the masses and has the mind to change the fortunes of Nigeria for the better. Other anti-Buhari commentators have admitted that they are prejudiced against him (for no just cause). Some do not even know the truths about the allegations. Some misunderstand the man because of his straight forward and disciplined approach to life. Below is a compilation of the so called sins of Buhari obtained mainly from The Sixteen Sins of Buhari, written by Professor Tam David West, a man who worked closely with Buhari as Minister for Petroleum when General Buhari was Head of State. Facts have also been sourced from a few other sources to help Nigerians know the truth about this man whose presidency will undoubtedly change Nigeria for the better. Going by his unassuming nature, Buhari will not fight to protect his own name. This is why concerned Nigerians have decided to take up this fight. We must no longer let mischief makers who do not want the good of the average Nigerian deceive the
Nigerian public.

Human Rights Abuse
Human rights must be protected and must not be abused. However, those who single out the military rule of Buhari for human rights violations are biased.

The Buhari regime was a military regime. Military regimes have not been known to uphold the same standards of human rights as democracies. There was hardly any military regime in Nigeria that was not characterized by dictatorship and violation of fundamental rights. Military Heads of States gave orders that violated human rights. Some have accused Buhari of ordering executions. However, unlike other military Heads of States who single handedly ordered executions, Buhari never took decisions unilaterally. He practiced democracy even as a military Head of State. Decisions were taken by the Supreme Military Council (SMC).

President Buhari will not order the execution of accused persons because it is the responsibility of the judiciary to pass sentences. President Buhari will not be a dictator because he has matured into a democrat and has participated actively in the democratic process since 1999. President Buhari cannot be a dictator because the democratic environment is different from the military environment. General Buhari has shown his faith in the democratic process by contesting for the presidency twice. When he lost under controversial circumstances, he demonstrated his faith in the judiciary by challenging the results through the laid down procedures of the court system. Therefore Nigerians should welcome whole heartedly Muhammadu Buhari, the democrat.

Retroactive Laws

General Buhari has been attacked for making retroactive laws by which he targeted corrupt practices which robbed Nigeria of vital income. Decree Number 20 of 1984 on bunkering and illegal oil deals was aimed at stopping the theft of oil which at the time cost Nigeria over $2 million per day. Again that was the only way a patriotic and zealous military Head of State could have saved Nigeria from the clutches of corruption. That retroactive law put an end to the theft of oil. Other Nigerian military Heads of States also made retroactive laws. The United Nations tribunals at Nuremberg and Tokyo which tried perpetrators of World War II atrocities operated based on retroactive laws. Retroactive laws simply fulfilled the maxim, "desperate diseases require desperate remedies". A democratic government will be different at least because it is characterized by separation of powers. As such, President Buhari cannot and will not make retroactive decrees as it is the duty of the National Assembly to make laws in a democracy.

Islam Fundamentalist

Buhari has been accused by mischief makers of religious fundamentalism. He was quoted out-of-context as saying that muslims should vote for only muslims. If this were true, can he be hanged for it when Christian clerics have also been known to advocate that Christians should vote only for Christians? But Buhari’s rebuttal of this charge, "I am not a religious fundamentalist …" was published on Saturday Sun on 3 July 2004. Do you know that as Head of State, General Buhari bulldozed mosques that were constructed illegally? Do you know that he arrested and detained a number of Islamic preachers for violent sermons? Do you know that as an army commander, most of Buhari’s men from platoon to division were Christians? Do you know that it was Obasanjo, not Buhari who took Nigeria into the membership of the Islamic Bank? Do you know that it was Babangida, not Buhari who sought to secretly take Nigeria into membership of the Organization of Islamic Countries? How then can Buhari be said to be an Islam fundamentalist? Buhari is simply a devout muslim who is committed to his faith without trying to impose it on anyone.

Decree 4 and Press Freedom

Admittedly, Decree 4 seemed to negate some principles of press freedom. Again, it must be stated that the Buhari regime was a military regime. Military regimes are not known to guarantee press freedom as well as democracies. Those jailed under decree 4 included two journalists reporting for a major Newspaper. The newspaper was fined N50, 000. Its offence was that it published before the official time the list of Nigeria’s ambassadorial postings. This was invariably a breach of state security. Governments all over the world seek to preserve information that is essential for state security. Even the United States, the chief advocate of press freedom is seeking to arrest the founder of Wikileaks for publishing state secrets. Despite this, the Buhari regime should be applauded because it never closed down or proscribed any newspaper or magazine. Other military regimes, particularly the Obasanjo and Babangida regimes seized and proscribed newspapers and magazines with impunity.

Decree 3 and Shagari Regime Politicians

The Buhari regime passed the Recovery of Public Property (Special Military Tribunal’s Decree No. 3 of 1984) to try the corrupt politicians in Shagari’s government. Admittedly, the sentences handed over to the culprits may have been outrageous but this was again characteristic of military regimes, not just Buhari’s regime. Some military regimes were known to hand down life sentences to persons against whom they framed up accusations. Did Buhari frame up accusations against anyone? Certainly not! Even Buhari’s critics have admitted that the Shagari’s government was outrageously corrupt. In the process, Buhari saved Nigeria hundreds of millions of naira. Again in a democracy, President Buhari will not hand down sentences on anyone because it is the responsibility of the courts to do so. Other governments including civilian administrations have been known to manipulate anti-corruption agencies because they had something to hide or someone to protect. Not so for Buhari. He has nothing to hide and no one to protect.

The 53 Suit Cases Saga
Below is an excerpt of a profile of Muhammadu Buhari written by Oluwarotimi Fashakin and published on Elombah.com:
Owing to the damaging effect of currency trafficking outside the Nation’s shores, the Buhari administration decided to change the colors of the currency notes in April 1984. This yielded the desired result as N5Billion excess liquidity was mopped off! As a back-lash on this exercise, there was insidious story from a section of the media that the Buhari regime allowed the Emir of Gwandu, Alhaji Jokolo to bring in 53 suitcases during the currency change, thereby insinuating a case of double-standard. Let it be said from the onset, the opinion tenaciously held on to about this incident was what was sold to the unsuspecting Nigerian public by a section of the press. So much hoodwinked that Buhari's explanation had never been heard!

This is what Buhari said about this:
"This is a typical case of the press believing what they want to believe. I hope it is not a reflection of the Nigerian society. I hope one day you will find the time to interview the Vice President (Alhaji Atiku Abubakar) on this. I understand he was the Customs officer in charge of the Murtala Mohammed airport, perhaps he knows more about it than myself. I have explained this so many times but the press write what they want to write and not what is factual."

Going down the memory lane, he added: "I recall the day in question. We were playing squash with my ADC when his father, the late Emir was returning to the country. He was a well-respected person. I prompted Jokolo to go and receive him even when he had no intention of doing so. By some coincidence his father was returning with my late chief of protocol who was an ambassador in Libya. He returned with his three wives and about 16 children. Everything about him including the handbag of his wives was counted as a suitcase. I explained this myself but nobody believed me."

It is believed that these false allegations were cooked up by persons who secretly sought to discredit Buhari in order to overthrow him. Let him that have eyes read between the lines. Let those who falsely accuse an honest man have a rethink for it is the height of injustice.

The N2.8 Billion ‘Missing’ Oil Money Poppycock

In 1980, during the administration of President Shagari, a case arose of some N2.8 billion allegedly missing from the NNPC in the previous administration of General Obasanjo when General Buhari was the Minister for Petroleum. A Judicial Commission of Inquiry headed by a Supreme Court Judge, Honourable Mr. Justice Ayo Irekefe, was set up to examine the allegations. The MD/CEO of NNPC, Chief Festus Marinho, an oil technocrat was temporarily moved out of the NNPC to allow for investigations. From its findings, the Commission, satisfied that no such money ever got missing, dismissed the scandal. It is interesting to note that even before the allegations were dismissed by the Commission, Buhari’s name was not mentioned among those suspected. This was reiterated by General Obasanjo in 1990 in his book "Not My Will" in which Obasanjo praised Buhari’s "honesty", "moral probity and rectitude".

https://www.facebook.com/notes/dr-tunde-bakare-apostle-of-jesus-christ-by-the-will-of-god/the-sins-of-buhari-by-professor-tam-david-west/202366893131188

[/size]

Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by ttmacoy: 10:33am On Jan 31, 2015
And you wonder why America has been trying to distance itself from nigeria and it's army.
Re: Open Letter To President Jonathan By Army Officers by nortcentrallord(m): 10:35am On Jan 31, 2015
Who are these army officers please? Are they of Northern origin? Hehehehe. If na to beat civilians, dem sabi that one well. Handle boko boiz na story for left, right and centre. If it is true, please can we have the names of this officer so that their story can be verified?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dele Momodu Encourage Atiku To Pick Up His Phone And Call Buhari / NSIP: Are They Paying Ghosts? - Ben Kalu Questions Maryam Uwais / Man Who Criticised Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 Visits Him,begs Him For Forgiveness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.