Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,555 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Foreign Films In Yoruba Voice Translation: Which Of Them Is Your Favourite? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Foreign Films In Yoruba Voice Translation: Which Of Them Is Your Favourite? (7362 Views)

Three Nigerian Films In Top Competition At FILM AFRICA 2016 In London / BBC To Launch Broadcasting Services In Yoruba And Pidgin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Foreign Films In Yoruba Voice Translation: Which Of Them Is Your Favourite? by Nobody: 6:26am On Jan 31, 2015
Hmmm...
Yoruba people have come out in a new dimension to give more fun and interest to foreign films. Ask me, and I will tell you that I may never have attempted wathcing some films, especially AMERICAN FILMS because of their fast dictions and phonetics(I be phonetic teacher but their own pass my power grin )which are not clear to my hearing. However, some strange, well-meaning Yoruba guys which I haven't seen before stepped into the game to make series of REMIXES to translate these foreign films into YORUBA so that even the old grandmas in the village could sit down to enjoy and comprehend CHINESE, KOREAN, American and Mexican films. I can't imagine how 3 Idiots would look like in the YORUBA VERSION cheesy

As for me, what I enjoyed most is the exaggerations they do add into it. I can remember watching KUNGFU HUSTLE from time to time and ROTFL. It is my favourite anyway, with the notorious EGBE ALAAKE gang. Which of them is your favourite, I hope it isn't BADOO? wink

Oya, let's talk, but don't abuse OP o cheesy Na play I dey o.
Re: Foreign Films In Yoruba Voice Translation: Which Of Them Is Your Favourite? by olexjay(m): 9:05am On Jan 31, 2015
I don't really like the way dem translate it to yoruba but the elder really like it dat way.

Well I think I like dat of "drunken master"

1 Like

Re: Foreign Films In Yoruba Voice Translation: Which Of Them Is Your Favourite? by OloweDeborah: 8:39pm On Jul 22, 2021
Oke langbodo, but it's so sad i don't know the real title of the movie. Any one that knows should please tell me

(1) (Reply)

Best Nigerian Film Ever: 'Last Men Of New Jerusalem'? / New film production crew, care to join? / How To Pass A Movie Audition, Even If It Is Your First Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.