Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,039 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

MTN 'BetterMe' Election Monitoring App - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN 'BetterMe' Election Monitoring App (11847 Views)

Hurray, MTN Giving Free 1gb On Betterme Promo / Mtn BetterMe Bundle Offer For unlimited Megabytes, Free Calls And free Sms. / MTN My2015 App And Betterme Bundle Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN 'BetterMe' Election Monitoring App by luigiajah(m): 8:16am On Jan 31, 2015
Telecommunications service provider, MTN Nigeria, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), and the National Orientation Agency (NOA), on Friday in Abuja unveiled an innovative software application, called “BetterMe App”, designed to bring transparency to the electoral process through real time online election monitoring, voters education and engagement.

Speaking at the unveiling ceremony, the General Manager, MTN Consumer Marketing, Mr. Richard Iweanoge, said the application which was now available to over 60 million MTN subscribers had inbuilt content on voter education ostensibly geared towards deepening the country’s electoral process; adding that Nigerians would now have the unhindered access of monitoring the coming February through their mobile devices.

He said: "A subscriber can access information on candidates for the elections, their plans and manifestoes as well as their strategic thrust and policy direction of the various political parties."

In a remark, INEC Chairman, Prof. Attahiru Jega, represented by Mr. Oluwole Uzzi, a Director at the commission said the purpose of the collaboration was to bring more credibility to the entire electoral process through voter education and engagement.

He said: "When the idea was mooted, we were quite excited because of the positive benefits that the app has in engaging the voter and enhancing their participation in the electoral process. INEC went into partnership with MTN because of the reach of its network." Jega commended MTN and Mr. Fola Akinmolayan of NEO 2 limited, the designer of the app, adding, "Without being prompted, they have developed the app to help enhance access to information and voter education."

According to the INEC boss, for elections to be credible, voters must participate in the electoral process in an informed manner. The BetterMe app, Uzzi said, had unusual application security agencies, election observers, the Civil Society Groups and other stakeholders, adding that other public and corporate organisations should key into the application for the country’s overall development.

Also speaking, the Director General of NOA, Mr. Mike Omeri expressed satisfaction that the app was developed by a young Nigerian, adding “This uplifting that the BetterMe app was developed by a Nigerian, an indication of the country’s potential in the IT world.

With the app, he said Nigerians both within and outside the country would be able to witness and participate fully in the electoral process.

On the safe guard of the app from hackers, Akinmolayan assured that the app had inbuilt curators that would make it will very difficult for hackers to distort the streaming of content because the content would directly emanate from INEC or any other credible agency like NOA. He said MTN had the capability to fully monitor all that was generated to ensure that it was coming from the right source.

"Creating content in real time has been made possible by INEC. Social media content are curated from INEC website, syndicated news about the election and other relevant information as released by the commission." he said.

Akinmolayan said: "MTN will be able to curate and allow people to upload contents like videos. we are looking forward to integrating features where we want people on election day to show us information around their areas and the way the voting is being conducted.
Story: www.thisdaylive.com/articles/february-polls-mtn-inec-noa-unveil-election-monitoring-application/200588/

Official Page of MTN BetterMe App: http://www.mtnonline.com/betterme

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN 'BetterMe' Election Monitoring App by prince4pro(m): 8:30am On Jan 31, 2015
Hummm My Country Too Lky Comedy ooo
Re: MTN 'BetterMe' Election Monitoring App by Tolexander: 8:36am On Jan 31, 2015
Mr. Richard Iweanoge, said the
application
which was now available to over 60
million
MTN subscribers had inbuilt content on
voter
education ostensibly geared towards
deepening the country’s electoral
process;
adding that Nigerians would now have
the
unhindered access of monitoring the
coming
February through their mobile devices.
He said: "A subscriber can access
information on candidates for the
elections,
they could as well partner with mikano to supply each polling unit a generator to power our mobile devices for proper utilisation of this application.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MTN 'BetterMe' Election Monitoring App by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 31, 2015
Uninterested.
Re: MTN 'BetterMe' Election Monitoring App by morhsuud22(m): 1:14pm On Jan 31, 2015
EMPTYHEN?? sighs
Re: MTN 'BetterMe' Election Monitoring App by just2endowed: 1:43pm On Jan 31, 2015
Space book
Re: MTN 'BetterMe' Election Monitoring App by ayusco85(m): 1:49pm On Jan 31, 2015
A plane was about to crash and there were only four parachutes in the plane.

Meanwhile, there were five people in it.

The first person was Cristiano Ronaldo and he said: I'm the best footballer, I cant die now". So he took one parachute and left.

The second person who was Aliko Dangote said, "I'm the richest man in Africa and I'm too young to die". So he took the second parachute and left.

The third person was President Jonathan and he said: "I'm the smartest president in the world so, I can't die now, my people still need me". So he took one and left.

Then it was left with Pope Francis and a little school girl.
The Pope said to the little girl "take the last one, I'll sacrifice my life for you". The little girl replied no need for that "there are two parachutes left.
The Pope asked her: "how come?"
The little girl replied: "the Nigerian President took my school bag" thinking it was a parachute.

Na Joke i dey oooo

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: MTN 'BetterMe' Election Monitoring App by mytime24(f): 1:50pm On Jan 31, 2015
Brb
Re: MTN 'BetterMe' Election Monitoring App by daftpikin: 1:50pm On Jan 31, 2015
mtsheeew
Re: MTN 'BetterMe' Election Monitoring App by iluvweed(m): 1:50pm On Jan 31, 2015
grin

I just got this text from MTN.... cheesy

" Jonathan will be president of Nigeria, to get more jokes text febuhari 14 to 2015 "

grin grin grin

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTN 'BetterMe' Election Monitoring App by DickDastardly(m): 1:50pm On Jan 31, 2015
?
Re: MTN 'BetterMe' Election Monitoring App by KenJak(m): 1:50pm On Jan 31, 2015
Ok
Re: MTN 'BetterMe' Election Monitoring App by yuzjet(m): 1:51pm On Jan 31, 2015
Hmmm! Better them app.
Re: MTN 'BetterMe' Election Monitoring App by Diesel1(m): 1:51pm On Jan 31, 2015
They should give us free MB for that
Re: MTN 'BetterMe' Election Monitoring App by Joshkid(m): 1:52pm On Jan 31, 2015
grin
Re: MTN 'BetterMe' Election Monitoring App by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 31, 2015
Not a bad idea. Nigerians are inherently corrupt.

1 Like

Re: MTN 'BetterMe' Election Monitoring App by klem93(m): 1:52pm On Jan 31, 2015
and will this also fight rigging?
Re: MTN 'BetterMe' Election Monitoring App by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 31, 2015
someone just stole my idea. angry

Re: MTN 'BetterMe' Election Monitoring App by Oziddy: 1:52pm On Jan 31, 2015
Finally PDP has failed in Abia state, their rigging won't work this time. APGA all the way, Dr. Allex Otti we know.

#GejTill2019
#DrAlexOttiTill2023
Abia 2015
APGA for Govonor
PDP for president

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN 'BetterMe' Election Monitoring App by PerfumeRepublik: 1:52pm On Jan 31, 2015
Nice One
Re: MTN 'BetterMe' Election Monitoring App by TOBIeee68(m): 1:53pm On Jan 31, 2015
na dem megabyte mi nid oo
Re: MTN 'BetterMe' Election Monitoring App by Tenim47(m): 1:54pm On Jan 31, 2015
everywhere u go

next. one go b u can now vote 2ru ur cell phones

just to drain mb
Re: MTN 'BetterMe' Election Monitoring App by bunmioguns(m): 1:55pm On Jan 31, 2015
Ok
Re: MTN 'BetterMe' Election Monitoring App by dstnd: 1:55pm On Jan 31, 2015
we don't want
Re: MTN 'BetterMe' Election Monitoring App by kennydee05(m): 1:55pm On Jan 31, 2015
Good move
Re: MTN 'BetterMe' Election Monitoring App by pekeyim: 1:58pm On Jan 31, 2015
Nice 1

But I hope it won't be hijacked by the usual

"Oluwole" people sha.

1 Like

Re: MTN 'BetterMe' Election Monitoring App by jamex93(m): 1:58pm On Jan 31, 2015
if dem no go hack DAT tin make I mess..
Re: MTN 'BetterMe' Election Monitoring App by johnwizey: 1:59pm On Jan 31, 2015
Oziddy:
Finally PDP has failed in Abia state, their rigging won't work this time. APGA all the way, Dr. Allex Otti we know.

#GejTill2019
#DrAlexOttiTill2023
Abia 2015
APGA for Govonor
PDP for president
Most confused man on nl

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTN 4.5GB Is Now N2,500...all Day, All Night! / Pictures From Paris Game Week As Infinix Shows Nigeria's Capacity / NCC Fines Telecommunication Operators For Poor Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.