Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

ROM Interface To A 7-segment Display. Any Help? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / ROM Interface To A 7-segment Display. Any Help? (2568 Views)

Promo!!! HP Mini 4 Sale With External Dvd Rom Wireless Mouse & Bag @27k / Fix Hdcp Compliant Display Error When Watching Netflix Video In Safari On Mac / Lenovo Partners With Razer To Tackle Gaming PC Segment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ROM Interface To A 7-segment Display. Any Help? by laykhorn(m): 12:27pm On Jan 31, 2015
Anyone has any resources on
"Architecture and Development of a ROM interfacing to a 7-segment display"
I need your help. I have to submit a report on this topic by Friday and the project March 2nd.
CC: baba11 and other hardware gurus
Re: ROM Interface To A 7-segment Display. Any Help? by baba11(m): 2:23am On Feb 01, 2015
laykhorn:
I need your help. I have to submit a report on this topic by Friday and the project March 2nd.
Which project?
Re: ROM Interface To A 7-segment Display. Any Help? by laykhorn(m): 1:51pm On Feb 01, 2015
baba11:

Which project?
Its more like a semester project for Computer Engineering Lab
Re: ROM Interface To A 7-segment Display. Any Help? by baba11(m): 3:10pm On Feb 01, 2015
laykhorn:

Its more like a semester project for Computer Engineering Lab
I don't have it besides, I don't know you have anything to do with engineering

Whatever you do,I wish you successful in it!
Re: ROM Interface To A 7-segment Display. Any Help? by onegig(m): 4:58pm On Feb 01, 2015
Start from here.

ece.uprm.edu/~ahchinaei/courses/2013jun/inel4206/0135038952_pp10a.ppt

That's presumably that you don't know what Rom interfacing is.
Re: ROM Interface To A 7-segment Display. Any Help? by laykhorn(m): 7:31pm On Feb 01, 2015
baba11:

I don't have it besides, I don't know you have anything to do with engineering

Whatever you do,I wish you successful in it!
Thanks bro. Jazak
Re: ROM Interface To A 7-segment Display. Any Help? by laykhorn(m): 7:41pm On Feb 01, 2015
onegig:
Start from here.

ece.uprm.edu/~ahchinaei/courses/2013jun/inel4206/0135038952_pp10a.ppt

That's presumably that you don't know what Rom interfacing is.
Thanks. I know about ROM interfacing but I'm thinking PROM or EEPROM
Re: ROM Interface To A 7-segment Display. Any Help? by baba11(m): 5:45pm On Feb 04, 2015
laykhorn:

Thanks. I know about ROM interfacing but I'm thinking PROM or EEPROM
Will you be able to program it?
Re: ROM Interface To A 7-segment Display. Any Help? by acorntree(m): 6:11pm On Feb 04, 2015
laykhorn:
I have never heard about rom interface to seven segment display. do you mean interfacing seven segment to a microcontroller. ROM IC can never drive a seven segment display without micro, rom is just a memory. Try to reframe your topic
Re: ROM Interface To A 7-segment Display. Any Help? by laykhorn(m): 9:06pm On Feb 04, 2015
acorntree:

I have never heard about rom interface to seven segment display. do you mean interfacing seven segment to a microcontroller. ROM IC can never drive a seven segment display without micro, rom is just a memory. Try to reframe your topic
Thats the problem. I've seen some works on 8085,8086 microprocessors and Basys, Basic 8088, 80188, Z8 encore, Qsys and even Arduino Microcontroller but none on direct interfacing without a Microcontroller or some chip..
Re: ROM Interface To A 7-segment Display. Any Help? by laykhorn(m): 9:13pm On Feb 04, 2015
baba11:

Will you be able to program it?
Since I plan to use a reusable memory like EPROM and EEPROM, I think I should be able to do something. I'm planning to use my solemn allegiance with C to bring things up but I think Assembly; my most hated which is closer to the hardware and is better.
Nothing up asides arduino chips and my seven segment attached to breadboard
Re: ROM Interface To A 7-segment Display. Any Help? by laykhorn(m): 10:22pm On Feb 04, 2015
acorntree:

I dont know how else to reframe. Ok! Architecture and Development of a 7-segment display that uses a ROM.
Re: ROM Interface To A 7-segment Display. Any Help? by baba11(m): 6:13am On Feb 05, 2015
laykhorn:

Since I plan to use a reusable memory like EPROM and EEPROM, I think I should be able to do something. I'm planning to use my solemn allegiance with C to bring things up but I think Assembly; my most hated which is closer to the hardware and is better.
Nothing up asides arduino chips and my seven segment attached to breadboard
So you intend to use pre-programmed ones.Godluck!
My major concern is on how you'll be able to determine the internal circuitry, it's functions and how you could be able to harmonise its operations for efficient output.
If I'm not even mistake n,it works with counter which consist of flip flops like jk and others and needs to be time too
I think this is where the programming is needed!!!
Goodluck once again!!!!!!
Re: ROM Interface To A 7-segment Display. Any Help? by baba11(m): 6:14am On Feb 05, 2015
laykhorn:

I dont know how else to reframe. Ok! Architecture and Development of a 7-segment display that uses a ROM.
ROM?
Re: ROM Interface To A 7-segment Display. Any Help? by laykhorn(m): 10:58am On Feb 05, 2015
baba11:

So you intend to use pre-programmed ones.Godluck!
My major concern is on how you'll be able to determine the internal circuitry, it's functions and how you could be able to harmonize its operations for efficient output.
If I'm not even mistake n,it works with counter which consist of flip flops like jk and others and needs to be time too
I think this is where the programming is needed!!!
Goodluck once again!!!!!!
Thats the problem. I've sketched some logic diagram but no assurance from Electronic workbench and CircuitLogix used for simulation. No specific circuit yet, I'm still in it.
You're Very Correct sir. Thats the plan
Re: ROM Interface To A 7-segment Display. Any Help? by baba11(m): 5:30pm On Feb 05, 2015
laykhorn:

Thats the problem. I've sketched some logic diagram but no assurance from Electronic workbench and CircuitLogix used for simulation. No specific circuit yet, I'm still in it.
You're Very Correct sir. Thats the plan
Then you'll need to read up!

(1) (Reply)

Windows 10 Toshiba Satellite A100-596, 3gb, 250gb, 1.7ghz Dual Core 38k / Microsoft Surface Book 2.. I7, 16gb, 1TB SSD, Touchscreen. / How Do I Subscribe To Glo Data Plans?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.