Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 - Jobs/Vacancies (245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 (884425 Views)

Nigerian NAVY Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 24 Enlistment.2016 / Nigeria Navy Direct Short Service Shortlisted Candidates / Nigeria Airforce Direct Short Service Course Aspirants ( DSSC) 2015/2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (289) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nwaotu10(m): 7:15am On Oct 14, 2019
tenderlaw:

The website is open. Go to the site and check whether your course was listed as one of the required ones.

It was enlisted. However, I was told that they rarely accept those with b.ed English, regardless of its enlistment in the portal.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by woswobi(m): 2:04pm On Oct 14, 2019
Nwaotu10:

It was enlisted. However, I was told that they rarely accept those with b.ed English, regardless of its enlistment in the portal.

What is the challenge exactly?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by emeritus007: 5:08pm On Oct 14, 2019
Nwaotu10:

oga considering that they pick not more than 3per state, everyone is in same tight competition. apply and focus on passing the exam for now.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by chineduugwudike: 5:36pm On Oct 14, 2019
Please any one with past questions or GMAT related navy past questions thanks my mail is chineduugwudike@yahoo.com

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Singingbae(m): 6:37pm On Oct 14, 2019
enesi009:
I don't know but woswobi can shed more light on dat
Please I registered, but I studied B.Sc Physics. I applied under education.
Please what are the chances of being listed. And how many per states
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nwaotu10(m): 7:57pm On Oct 14, 2019
woswobi:

What is the challenge exactly?

The challenge is that, there's a presumption that my course is quite irrelevant in Navy, and I now want to ascertain it's veracity before applying.

I was told that they rarely accept those with b.ed English.
You know, some courses like: engineering, medical, sciences are at advantage.

Please bro, tell me what you know exactly about it.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by gcardcodes: 1:23am On Oct 15, 2019
Hello everyone. I want to ask a question. It might seem not relevant now but I guess it is very important coz it will keep everyone notified.

1. Biko who knows how much they pay during the training ?(if there will be no payment, make I carry my own money go if accepted)
2. Are there any extra payment/allowances or benefits when going home after the training ?
3. Who knows the actual allowances a navy officer receives during their service ?

Thanks . I hope someone could explain and give me answers
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by ELJC(m): 8:35am On Oct 15, 2019
gcardcodes:
Hello everyone. I want to ask a question. It might seem not relevant now but I guess it is very important coz it will keep everyone notified.

1. Biko who knows how much they pay during the training ?(if there will be no payment, make I carry my own money go if accepted)
2. Are there any extra payment/allowances or benefits when going home after the training ?
3. Who knows the actual allowances a navy officer receives during their service ?

Nawa see people way get sure odd grin

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by gcardcodes: 9:06am On Oct 15, 2019
ELJC:
Nawa see people way get sure odd grin

Bro abeg ooh. Na question I dey ask. Na God hand everything dey . i never even apply. I no wan go rush put for somsthing wey i go cry later...Biko who know the question asked
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by woswobi(m): 9:28am On Oct 15, 2019
Nwaotu10:

The challenge is that, there's a presumption that my course is quite irrelevant in Navy, and I now want to ascertain it's veracity before applying.

I was told that they rarely accept those with b.ed English.
You know, some courses like: engineering, medical, sciences are at advantage.

Please bro, tell me what you know exactly about it.

The competition is not your qualifications it’s how good you are and how well you can beat your village people. No course is at advantage if they can’t show for it. The only thing is department, they’d select particular number as per department and that’s Education as a department not English as a course.

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by woswobi(m): 9:28am On Oct 15, 2019
gcardcodes:

Restricted Info

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Mrbllymer: 9:45am On Oct 15, 2019
woswobi:

Restricted Info

My oga, my question goes thus,

I have B.tech computer Engineering which is specified under information and communication technology even though I have knowledge on Web design, programming but not 100% with no certification in these courses. But I'm registered with NSE ( Nigerian Society of Engineers) but my course isn't listed under engineering. Though I'm defending my M. Eng in Elect/elect soon but might not meet up with the closing date.

So should I apply under the info tech or engineering taking into consideration points stated above?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by woswobi(m): 1:27pm On Oct 15, 2019
Mrbllymer:

My oga, my question goes thus,

I have B.tech computer Engineering which is specified under information and communication technology even though I have knowledge on Web design, programming but not 100% with no certification in these courses. But I'm registered with NSE ( Nigerian Society of Engineers) but my course isn't listed under engineering. Though I'm defending my M. Eng in Elect/elect soon but might not meet up with the closing date.

So should I apply under the info tech or engineering taking into consideration points stated above?

The first consideration for you enlistment is your qualification at bachelors level, not experience or masters degree, your M. Eng might just determine that they’d ask you advance questions at your vocational test. Apply under Info Tech where your course is listed.

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by ELJC(m): 1:06pm On Oct 16, 2019
Wakanda dry thread is this, my ph people una dey here?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by ELJC(m): 1:07pm On Oct 16, 2019
Atleast let’s keep ourselves busy at the moment
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by mr11(m): 1:41pm On Oct 16, 2019
ELJC:
Atleast let’s keep ourselves busy at the moment
please how many people will they take from each state.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by ELJC(m): 4:42pm On Oct 16, 2019
mr11:
please how many people will they take from each state.
Other year was 3 per state don’t know about this year
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by gcardcodes: 6:33pm On Oct 16, 2019
ELJC:
Other year was 3 per state don’t know about this year

Is it like for the training or for the first stage which is the aptitude test ?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Mrbllymer: 7:00pm On Oct 16, 2019
woswobi:

The first consideration for you enlistment is your qualification at bachelors level, not experience or masters degree, your M. Eng might just determine that they’d ask you advance questions at your vocational test. Apply under Info Tech where your course is listed.
thanks a bunch.. Just applied.. Onto GMAT study.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by ELJC(m): 7:48pm On Oct 16, 2019
gcardcodes:

Is it like for the training or for the first stage which is the aptitude test ?
It’s for the final list, but for first list they shortlist upto 100 per state for the exams
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by gcardcodes: 9:09pm On Oct 16, 2019
ELJC:
It’s for the final list, but for first list they shortlist upto 100 per state for the exams

Thanks for the info brother
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Singingbae(m): 9:55pm On Oct 16, 2019
ELJC:
Thanks for the insight bruh! But is the final 3 shortlist, is it according to the highest scores in the exams
And please, what does the questions of the exam looks like? Any past question?
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by ELJC(m): 11:22pm On Oct 16, 2019
Singingbae:

Thanks for the insight bruh! But is the final 3 shortlist, is it according to the highest scores in the exams
And please, what does the questions of the exam looks like? Any past question?
This exercise is divided into 3 phases. 1st phase: Shortlisting of names. 2nd phase: Is the exams "mere formality”. 3rd phase: Medicals, physical, mental, oral exam and board before the final list which consists of 3 or less candidate’s. NB after the exam in the 2nd phase, only 20 candidates out of the 100s per state would be selected for the 3rd phase. Goodluck.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by NCANCHAIR(m): 11:47pm On Oct 16, 2019
The referees who going to use for this application, would it be same or different from the referee that would be used during screening? And there was nothing like certificate upload or anything like that, just passport upload. Please house, I need a concise answer. Please Treat as urgent. Warm regards
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by AmalAtta: 2:15am On Oct 17, 2019
Please people,
I am a 1.63m female applicant and the height requirement is 1.65m. How strict is the Nigerian Navy on this?
As for having a member certificate from your professional body, I'm an Architect and it's almost impossible to procure this before age 28. What do I do?
The Acknowledgement Form and Parent/Guardian Form, how do I secure/do these?
I just went through a list of the successful candidates, and it would seem that females are scarcely consisered. Please apart from the obvious reason of strength, why does it appear so?

These answers may have been given already but forgive me if I haven't been able to go through a thread of 245 pages.

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by JezCalMeJay(m): 10:45pm On Oct 17, 2019
AmalAtta:
Please people,
I am a 1.63m female applicant and the height requirement is 1.65m. How strict is the Nigerian Navy on this?
As for having a member certificate from your professional body, I'm an Architect and it's almost impossible to procure this before age 28. What do I do?
I just went through a list of the successful candidates, and it would seem that females are scarcely consisered. Please apart from the obvious reason of strength, why does it appear so?

These answers may have been given already but forgive me if I haven't been able to go through a thread of 245 pages.

Bout your height, I'd advice you put it to the required height cause disparities occur in height measurements, +1 or -1, I hope you get..

Bout the selection, I still feel it's not gender biased, cause the ratio of sharks *male* is always higher than the dolphins *female* even in registration

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Boyka007(m): 1:55pm On Oct 18, 2019
AmalAtta:
Please people,

lol 245 pages and u r complaining? come to Army thread where we have 441 pages but still ask people to start reading from page 1
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by JezCalMeJay(m): 4:11pm On Oct 18, 2019
Boyka007:

lol 245 pages and u r complaining? come to Army thread where we have 441 pages but still ask people to start reading from page 1

( grin
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by jesusvictory: 4:34pm On Oct 18, 2019
#JOINMYTEAMTODAY!
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by AmalAtta: 6:16pm On Oct 18, 2019
JezCalMeJay:

Bout your height, I'd advice you put it to the required height cause disparities occur in height measurements, +1 or -1, I hope you get..

Bout the selection, I still feel it's not gender biased, cause the ratio of sharks *male* is always higher than the dolphins *female* even in registration

Thank you so much for the reply
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by AmalAtta: 6:19pm On Oct 18, 2019
Boyka007:

Lol. Well then thank GOD I'm not on the Army thread.

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by ELJC(m): 7:07pm On Oct 18, 2019
Well the army thread is actually fun and lively unlike this that’s like a military burial ground

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (289) (Reply)

Access Bank Calling For Aptitude Test (entry-level) (2014) / Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment / FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme