Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Why You Shouldn't Reject Your Next Sales Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why You Shouldn't Reject Your Next Sales Job (4695 Views)

This Is An Indian Company You Shouldn't Work For In Nigeria Because Of Racism / Do You Need A Sales Job Or Want A Better One? SALESMANSHIP CENTRE / BEFORE YOU GO FOR ANY SALES JOB! Free Lessons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Shouldn't Reject Your Next Sales Job by acidtalk: 4:05pm On Jan 31, 2015
* The fastest post to get promoted to the top in any organization is SALES.

*The fastest position to move from one organization to another is SALES.

* The fastest way of meeting Elites (people that matter in the society is SALES.

* The best position to have time to do your personal running around even while being employed is SALES.

* The job that builds your esteem and confidence is SALES.

* The job that makes you patient and humble always is SALES.

* The job that gives you knowledge on most facet of business and life is SALES.

* The job that gives your financial freedom the most is SALES.

* 95% of Successful businessmen all started as sales representatives.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why You Shouldn't Reject Your Next Sales Job by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 31, 2015
*The job that turns you to a pauper with worn out jeans and nothing to feed is SALES

Road to success is truly Narrow and rough

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Shouldn't Reject Your Next Sales Job by acidtalk: 4:13pm On Jan 31, 2015
Yungwizzzy:
*The job that turns you to a pauper with worn out jeans and nothing to feed is SALES

This is the mindset with most unemployed lazy folks out there.

Who is better? A sales man with worn out jeans who is learning on the job and gathering experience or an idle jobless man with worn out jeans who survives only from begging from family and friends?

You shouldn't dream of being a successful entrepreneur in future if you dread sales.

20 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Reject Your Next Sales Job by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 31, 2015
acidtalk:

This is the mindset with most unemployed lazy folks out there.

Who is better? A sales man with worn out jeans who is learning on the job and gathering experience or an ideal jobless man with worn out jeans who survives only from begging from family and friends?

You shouldn't dream of being a successful entrepreneur in future if you dread sales.

We're on the same path Bro

I never said it was bad but...

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Reject Your Next Sales Job by ArchEnemy(m): 4:27pm On Jan 31, 2015
Yungwizzzy:

lol
Re: Why You Shouldn't Reject Your Next Sales Job by acidtalk: 5:01pm On Jan 31, 2015
Yungwizzzy:

We're on the same path Bro

I never said it was bad but...

I feel you fear. just like any other job it has its stress. Only sales look more tasking because you Tend to move about. Do you know Robert Kiyosaki, Brian Tracy, Warren Buffet, Richard Brandson and almost all American and European successful businessmen today all started with sales.

Once you can discover the secrets of being a successful sales person, it is the most interesting career out there.

YOU CAN NEVER BE A BANK MANAGER WITHOUT PASSING THROUGH SALES.

7 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Reject Your Next Sales Job by Nduxzy: 5:55pm On Jan 31, 2015
The Job that open your eyes to great opportunities is SALES

The Job that awakens your Entreprenueral ability is SALES

Why Wait and Wail? With Sales you can Sail through!

6 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Reject Your Next Sales Job by acidtalk: 7:40pm On Jan 31, 2015
^^^ You have trolled every single thread. But I understand you are just being a salesman.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Reject Your Next Sales Job by acidtalk: 7:46pm On Jan 31, 2015
Nduxzy:
The Job that open your eyes to great opportunities is SALES

The Job that awakens your Entreprenueral ability is SALES

Why Wait and Wail? With Sales you can Sail through!

GBAM!!! So onpoint.

Unfortunately our youths are only concentrated on the pay package at the end of the month and not the bigger picture.

Imagine someone feeling so comfortable with N30,000 as a receptionist because she does nothing from morning to night. Only receives calls, go and buy amala for her younger ones, and receive letters. While sitting under a/c from morning till evening watching dstv.

Same thing she does for 5years and she is angry with God that she hasn't gotten a breakthrough.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why You Shouldn't Reject Your Next Sales Job by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 31, 2015
im coming with a "robust" response.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Reject Your Next Sales Job by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 31, 2015
still coming
Re: Why You Shouldn't Reject Your Next Sales Job by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 31, 2015
ControlX:
still coming

Don't Come on my head ooo grin shocked shocked grin grin
Re: Why You Shouldn't Reject Your Next Sales Job by acidtalk: 9:16pm On Jan 31, 2015
FriedPlantain:
Hey guys, I intend to start a large scale production of packaged dodo for sales in my hometown here in Nassarawa and I'll be in need of young, vibrant, dynamic and intelligent marketers to push my dodo to the public. if anyone is interested, you can reach me on my mail frieddodo@yahoo.com

friedplantain

Do you have marketing experience yourself/
Re: Why You Shouldn't Reject Your Next Sales Job by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 31, 2015
taiwolusol:

Don't Come on my head ooo grin shocked shocked grin grin
Pervert!
Who asked you to quote me?
Oya move to romance section quickly before you derail this wonderful thread.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Reject Your Next Sales Job by mrking3(m): 10:00pm On Jan 31, 2015
Op thanks for sharing this!! After Nysc I started as a bloody foot marketer but today! I'm a proud Sales person with one of the FMCG company!! I work with a Ford Hilux van which I take home. Sales is one of the best job anyone could think of coz it gives you freedom to be where you wanna be! More importantly, with sales, you can easily switch to Bigger firms with better prospect.

5 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Reject Your Next Sales Job by acidtalk: 10:04am On Feb 01, 2015
ControlX:
im coming with a "robust" response.

Still waiting for it.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Reject Your Next Sales Job by akanbiaa(m): 12:53pm On Feb 01, 2015
Hmmmmm

5 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Reject Your Next Sales Job by Nobody: 1:34pm On Feb 01, 2015
acidtalk:

I feel you fear. just like any other job it has its stress. Only sales look more tasking because you Tend to move about. Do you know Robert Kiyosaki, Brian Tracy, Warren Buffet, Richard Brandson and almost all American and European successful businessmen today all started with sales.

Once you can discover the secrets of being a successful sales person, it is the most interesting career out there.

YOU CAN NEVER BE A BANK MANAGER WITHOUT PASSING THROUGH SALES.
You mentioned only European and American successful business men.... How many successful Nigerian businessmen started off as marketers or sales persons? ?

As far as I know,most sales/ marketing job in Nigeria is slavery. . Unrealistic targets, inconducive means of transportation and most marketers are hired as contract staffs which sees them getting lesser pay and denied of many benefits even after hustling on the street.. Also, many employers don't keep to their promise of giving certain percentage of profit gained when marketers make sales/bring new customers et al, most times employers give them below what's due to them... Most times, they're under alot of pressure that's why many of them don't look good atimes.... If I were to be an employer, marketers will be paid most because they're actually the people driving sales and making profit for the organisation. ..

The above was borne out of you saying many unemployed graduates are lazy that they can't take up sales/marketing jobs.. Don't blame them, some have learnt the hard way, sales job in Nigeria isn't favorable at all except for some companies mostly multinationals. ...That aside, I agree with the rest of your points as regards meeting influential people, building confidence et al..

9 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Reject Your Next Sales Job by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 01, 2015
akanbiaa:
As long as they don't over exploit you and they don't expect you to spend more than you are being paid for moving around and they don't give you ridiculous targets with threat of being sacked or not being paid at the end of the month because you were given say a target of 10 million naira a month and you get 6 million. vote Buhari to strengthen our Labour unions so as to improve proper working conditions to thrive. The escarole of those that made it in sales from other countries like the warren buffets etc they were in a well structured economy that does not exploit. Try to work with Indians and Lebanese and all your idea about sales is good is going to vanish fast. Except the product you want to sale is yours them you can sell at your own pace for now but if it's for companies make sure the money they give you is enough for transportation, feeding and hunger at least, with expectation that you have free accommodation maybe with friends or relations.
Op, what do you have to say about the bolded?
Also, you see many employers sacking a marketer because the person didn't meet the traget for a particular month despite seeing the person's efforts and a good past record of meeting targets..
Re: Why You Shouldn't Reject Your Next Sales Job by acidtalk: 2:26pm On Feb 01, 2015
MarvellousGod:
You mentioned only European and American successful business men.... How many successful Nigerian businessmen started off as marketers or sales persons? ?

As far as I know,most sales/ marketing job in Nigeria is slavery. . Unrealistic targets, inconducive means of transportation and most marketers are hired as contract staffs which sees them getting lesser pay and denied of many benefits even after hustling on the street.. Also, many employers don't keep to their promise of giving certain percentage of profit gained when marketers make sales/bring new customers et al, most times employers give them below what's due to them... Most times, they're under alot of pressure that's why many of them don't look good atimes.... If I were to be an employer, marketers will be paid most because they're actually the people driving sales and making profit for the organisation. ..

The above was borne out of you saying many unemployed graduates are lazy that they can't take up sales/marketing jobs.. Don't blame them, some have learnt the hard way, sales job in Nigeria isn't favorable at all except for some companies mostly multinationals. ...That aside, I agree with the rest of your points as regards meeting influential people, building confidence et al..

MDs of Eleganga, Coscharis, Seplat, Glo, Zinox, and so many many others all stated through sales. You all need to get yourselves enlightened.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Reject Your Next Sales Job by acidtalk: 2:33pm On Feb 01, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Op, what do you have to say about the bolded?
Also, you see many employers sacking a marketer because the person didn't meet the traget for a particular month despite seeing the person's efforts and a good past record of meeting targets..

It must be a target not met for consecutive months and not just a single months.

Do you know if a company says you must make N10, 000, 000 give or take they expect you to make N4,000,000 or N5,000,000. The target is raised to high so that you don't feel too comfortable. Even when you make their expected target they still make it appear that you have under performed to put you on your heels.

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Reject Your Next Sales Job by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 01, 2015
acidtalk:

It must be a target not met for consecutive months and not just a single months.

Do you know if a company says you must make N10, 000, 000 give or take they expect you to make N4,000,000 or N5,000,000. The target is raised to high so that you don't feel too comfortable. Even when you make their expected target they still make it appear that you have under performed to put you on your heels.
Nothing like praising a work well done, gives one alot of motivation to push further. . Your last sentence is the reason why most marketers are under pressure all the time.... Really, most marketing jobs are frustrating. ...It's well shaaa....

4 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Reject Your Next Sales Job by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 01, 2015
acidtalk:
* The fastest post to get promoted to the top in any organization is SALES.

*The fastest position to move from one organization to another is SALES.

* The fastest way of meeting Elites (people that matter in the society is SALES.

* The best position to have time to do your personal running around even while being employed is SALES.

* The job that builds your esteem and confidence is SALES.

* The job that makes you patient and humble always is SALES.

* The job that gives you knowledge on most facet of business and life is SALES.

* The job that gives your financial freedom the most is SALES.

* 95% of Successful businessmen all started as sales representatives.

I agree completely.

* The person who will most likely achieve the above is someone who has a thing for sales.

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Reject Your Next Sales Job by acidtalk: 6:43pm On Feb 01, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Nothing like praising a work well done, gives one alot of motivation to push further. . Your last sentence is the reason why most marketers are under pressure all the time.... Really, most marketing jobs are frustrating. ...It's well shaaa....

I agree with you that some employers take the pressure a bit over board but the truth still remains that a rugged and tensed marketer will be a great entrepreneur.

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Reject Your Next Sales Job by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 01, 2015
Marketers shud knw dat d pressure is meant for them to sit up. They shudnt tk it serious and tense themselves up. They shud learn to b hapi always and by so doing, manage stress.

Remember; Its nt wat happens to u..., bt how u handle it dat matters most.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Reject Your Next Sales Job by acidtalk: 7:17pm On Feb 01, 2015
The people who are never out of job are good and dedicated marketers.

While banks sometime threatens their staff with query and possible sack, they dare not try same with their good sales people. Good sales people use their employers for "shakara" instead of the other way round.

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Reject Your Next Sales Job by Fourwinds: 10:52pm On Feb 01, 2015
acidtalk:
The people who are never out of job are good and dedicated marketers.

While banks sometime threatens their staff with query and possible sack, they dare not try same with their good sales people. Good sales people use their employers for "shakara" instead of the other way round.
most marketers in banks are ladies and a lot if kitty cat are murdered in oda for chief Yusuf, Alhaji Jimoh., Dr. kehinde and co to bank with dem. don't doubt my opinion.: my former girlfriend was almost a vitim. she confessed to me
Re: Why You Shouldn't Reject Your Next Sales Job by acidtalk: 11:14pm On Feb 01, 2015
Fourwinds:
most marketers in banks are ladies and a lot if kitty cat are murdered in oda for chief Yusuf, Alhaji Jimoh., Dr. kehinde and co to bank with dem. don't doubt my opinion.: my former girlfriend was almost a vitim. she confessed to me
Do your findings well. The people who pull in the biggest accounts (billions of naira) in UBA, Zenith, Fidelity, First Bank, Diamond, IBTC, and GT are guys. Are they equally gays?

3 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Reject Your Next Sales Job by crudedude(m): 1:53pm On Feb 02, 2015
Some of us are not just wired to do sales.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ongoing Recruitment At Bradfield Consulting / Urgent Job Opportunity In Ibadan And Osogbo / When Will Sss Start Dis Years Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.