Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies (21952 Views)

Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies / Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attendrallies / Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies (punch News) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 01, 2015
cole265:

Why is it always shear for GEJ and like for GMB?...why not the other way round?
it's still d same bruh smiley
Re: Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies by abdul01(m): 9:27am On Feb 01, 2015
Hello @all someone should please post this nice article I just read on punchng here on NL:

www.punchng.com/feature/interview/jonathans-biggest-economic-mistakes-pat-utomi/

It was an interview with prof. Pat Utomi

Modified: Nigerians are really gullible, just about 10 days to election and what we're still (made to be) busy with courtesy of d ruling party are unnecessary distractions, while the real issues like d ones raised by prof in d above interview are swept under d carpet. Likewise we've been made to forget abt d report of d forensic audit of NNPC that we were promised!
This is really pathetic!
Re: Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies by folahann(m): 9:29am On Feb 01, 2015
snowprince59:
Sentimental APC's again. One dat is politically wise wud know dat parties do all these things to encourage people to come out in mass and support them. All parties do them. That's y I hate APC cos they always claim to be gud and holy. Meanwhile their members were once corrupt eggs in PDP, spoiling d party. But thank God dey are gone.

Here is the deal, there's a huge difference between Mobilising and renting. People should get things right. Mobilising is what I know APC does, trust me I'm in this.
Whenever there is a rally at the state capital, all the party members at the grassroot level will be informed. Some of them from remote LGs might not have the fund or know their way to travel to the state capital. They meet at an agreed location, usually a party leaders house. Buses will be provided to convene them and they given feeding allowance for the day. That is mobilising your supporters to campaign ground which is not renting crowd.

1 Like

Re: Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies by authenticated: 9:30am On Feb 01, 2015
This system has been in place since the onset of politics in nigeria. So why criticising it now. More over, who will go out for a job and will not demand a wage. I beg next.
Re: Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies by mooregan(m): 9:30am On Feb 01, 2015
Both PDP n APC rent crowds. When Buhari came to my state, we were given 500naira. When Jonathan came, we were given 2000naira. For us, it's business.

3 Likes

Re: Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies by deebsman1(m): 9:32am On Feb 01, 2015
i am not surprised after all, i did made mentioned of it yesterday in 1 of my posts. look at any pdp rally and even apc to an extent, u will c the pattern, always regular, same clothes for a lot of people belonging to different group. its just so painful that in 2015 we r still in this mess in our dear country nigeria for pipu to still be collecting moni for this kind of things, thou i can't blame them, cos the politicians av succeeded in impoverishing my pipu, the most painful part of it will be during the election proper that they will still be collecting money from them to be voting for many other years of poverty. angry angry

1 Like

Re: Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies by mooregan(m): 9:34am On Feb 01, 2015
folahann:

Here is the deal, there's a huge difference between Mobilising and renting. People should get things right. Mobilising is what I know APC does, trust me I'm in this.
Whenever there is a rally at the state capital, all the party members at the grassroot level will be informed. Some of them from remote LGs might not have the fund or know their way to travel to the state capital. They meet at an agreed location, usually a party leaders house. Buses will be provided to convene them and they given feeding allowance for the day. That is mobilising your supporters to campaign ground which is not renting crowd.

Stop deceiving ur self with English. Its called mobilization everywhere, but d reality on ground is that pple r given money at d end of d rally and thats y pple turn out.

2 Likes

Re: Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 01, 2015
b0rn2fuck:
I trust Nigerians, do you think the crowd are freebies, even the one in my area are collect 500 naira for just councilor rallies and u come think say dem mumu to dey run after fellow when dem sabbi say nigerian government are all about embezzlement..... if dem like make dem die because the person who have been sending them to jail in the past for fraud and stealing is coming back again like Jesus to save Nigeria .

Anti-corruption is around... dis one no bi virus infected at all, he finer than jonah, good than jonah and even sabbi Bleep than jonah, that's why he has more wives.

Sai Buhari
Sai Osibanjo

Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies by Wuna(m): 9:36am On Feb 01, 2015
We shall see come feb 14
Re: Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies by joseph1832(m): 9:45am On Feb 01, 2015
Well I happen to know many who went to APC rally in Lagos and they weren't given dime!.
Re: Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 01, 2015
So the other parties have accepted that they don't have a place in the race abi? Why don't they campaign as well?

1 Like

Re: Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies by snowprince59(m): 9:53am On Feb 01, 2015
Aii mr knows. Ur point is sentimental, covering up for APC rather dan d fact. U had beta acclamatize d political system in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies by menesheh(m): 9:56am On Feb 01, 2015
spott:
PDP is the one renting these rallies with their N21B and looted funds.

“I don’t have dollars to give you but I will give my all to Nigeria” - Buhari. I love this man!! smiley

to GEJ supporters: "May God run your family the way GEJ is running Nigeria, can i hear u say AMEN!!!"

Amem

" May God run your family the way GMB run Nigeria in 1983 to 1985, may i hear u say AMEN?"

If you didn't type amen that means u are delusioned

2 Likes

Re: Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies by chocmanne(m): 9:57am On Feb 01, 2015
mtcheeeeew
na today yansh just dey for back?
e don tey nah

1 Like

Re: Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies by tonjeola(m): 9:57am On Feb 01, 2015
It has been like this since time of Abacha, not a new thing!

1 Like

Re: Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies by loomer: 9:58am On Feb 01, 2015
MAKE THEM DE RENT GO NA

1 Like

Re: Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies by o42austino(m): 9:58am On Feb 01, 2015
APC Rented Crowd in Enugu,they paid between 500-1500 Even when they know that they can't get 70votes in Enugu state

2 Likes

Re: Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies by DaBullIT(m): 9:59am On Feb 01, 2015
searay:
Very true.
APC gave us N25000 for my group of 10 members.
I contacted PDP too and they gave us N40000.
Well! The money sweet share.

Sharp guy ,

but unpatriotic Nigerian, sometimes in the future, some of your buddies will remind you how you undermined politics in Nigeria by selling your conscience for 65k
Re: Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies by OLADD: 10:07am On Feb 01, 2015
fitzmayowa:

http://www.punchng.com/news/parties-pay-supporters-n2000-each-to-attend-rallies/

I used to think Punch is a responsible tabloid but its reportage since the begining of the electionering campaigns have really shown how despicable they are. All their stories have been selective and pro-APC and that's inimical to our journalisim landscape. Renting crowd is an anomaly that cut accross all parties and not peculiar to PDP as against the picture been painted by Punch.
Re: Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies by yemmynoni: 10:07am On Feb 01, 2015
how much APC want give all those people in kano , Lagos , and pH
Re: Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies by Chinazaekperem5: 10:11am On Feb 01, 2015
fitzmayowa:
[s]I just laugh when i see thread with titles like 'massive" crowd at campaign venues...

All our political parties do is pay the crowd to show, and we see comments like, those that came to the rally were not given a dime...etc

While we see some e - warriors here screaming crowd! crowd!! crowd!!! as if their lives depend on it...SMH[/s]

90% of apc crowd are genuine
Re: Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies by b0rn2fuck(m): 10:16am On Feb 01, 2015
mobuch:

Rubbish
Bleep U

Re: Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies by tonero230(m): 10:17am On Feb 01, 2015
Whether rented crowd or not in 13days time we shall decide and see.
Re: Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies by Pharmb(m): 10:19am On Feb 01, 2015
TIME FOR MOBILE MARKETERS

I will give u access to complete Nigerian phone numbers categorised into 36 different states in Nigeria including fct for a token of #2500
Chat me on whatsapp @0816539fourtyfiftyone
political party members act fast
Re: Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies by tonero230(m): 10:24am On Feb 01, 2015
Whether rented crowd or not in 13days time we shall decide and see.

They will still come with their greek gift to entice you at the polling unit.collect the money and vote your integrity afterall it's our

Fellow compatriots,for our country to be like America,it's on our hands come 14th feb.
Re: Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies by menesheh(m): 10:24am On Feb 01, 2015
Ifetex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCvABrOpN6g

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hahahahahhahah you people no go kill just laughing like monkey
Re: Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies by menesheh(m): 10:24am On Feb 01, 2015
Ifetex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCvABrOpN6g

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hahahahahhahah you people no go kill just laughing like maonkey
Re: Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies by Ezebinaugwu(m): 10:25am On Feb 01, 2015
spott:

“I don’t have dollars to give you but I will give my all to Nigeria” - Buhari. I love this man!! smiley

to GEJ supporters: "May God run your family the way GEJ is running Nigeria, can i hear u say AMEN!!!"

STORY FOR THE gods

1 Like

Re: Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies by kay29000(m): 10:25am On Feb 01, 2015
cole265:

Why is it always shear for GEJ and like for GMB?...why not the other way round?

Okay...why don't u do it that way then.
Re: Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies by rildwanullahi(m): 10:34am On Feb 01, 2015
spott:

forget that thing APCheats dey rent crowd and in some cases force junior workers to come their rally no be only PDP

1 Like

Re: Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies by ceejayluv(m): 10:39am On Feb 01, 2015
Re: Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies by FlyboyZee: 10:45am On Feb 01, 2015
How far would you go, Punch Newspaper? In Bayelsa, the APC paid everybody you see gathering there N2000, but one of the APC stalwarts in the State diverted the money to his personal use.

The Punch has tacitly and tactical carved the PDP as the culprits while painting the APC as saintly again. No matter what you write or publish, we know the truth that all political parties are guilty of this charge.

In Rivers state, it is an issue of who pays more money and since Amaechi is the Governor, he has been paying heavily as much as N5000 per individual. The Punch you are biased and being sponsored by the APC and that we know. You have joined the ilk of PremiumTimes and Osun Defenders shitty journalism. Shame on you and füçk your ragtag...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Crisis: Buhari Steps In, Raises Three-man Liaison Team / Edo 2020: Police Withdraws Orderlies From VIPs, Warns Thugs / Yahaya Bello's Thug Confesses To Killing Ojo Enesi, In Okene - Natasha Akpoti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.