Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,062 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest (4194 Views)

Evil Forests Destroyed In Aboh Mbaise, Imo By Youths, Chief Priest Flees / Priest Who Marked Independence On Refuse Dump In Owerri Sent On Transfer. Photos / Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:20am On Feb 01, 2015
Here is a pic of the pope meeting the Supreme Chief Priest of Vodun, Dagbo Houna in Benin.

if the head of christianity can fraternize with a priest of an African Traditional Religion, the why is it that Africans born and bred in Africa are quick to condemn and criticise anything or any persons associated witht he faith of their forefathers as witchcraft, satanism, etc..

Is the pope here fraternizing with an agent of the devil?

why are most christians (Nigerian especially) so backward in mentality?

Nyigblin Priests. Mama Kponu (centre).

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by ojimbo(m): 11:43am On Feb 01, 2015
How i wish you know how foolish nigerians are

6 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by kevoh(m): 12:10pm On Feb 01, 2015
They are both Chief Priests. smiley

3 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by Jameselias: 12:17pm On Feb 01, 2015
Pagan9ja are u a true practioner of african religion if u are which of them?
Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by mmsen: 12:18pm On Feb 01, 2015
They're both involved in the same hustle - keeping people blind to knowledge so as to maintain control over them.

Most of the sheep, African or otherwise react negatively to non-xtian religious images because that is part of the in-group indoctrination integral for the spread (and strengthening) of the disease.

Christianity all but wiped out native pagan European religions, largely by incorporating many of the practices and celebrations - hence Easter and Christmas.

3 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by Nobody: 1:06pm On Feb 01, 2015
the primary objective of the first missionaries in Africa was to eradicate any trace of ancient alien visitations.
our forefathers worshiped powerful aliens (space travelers) a.k.a gods whom they saw fell from the sky, they made images of them and shrines were built for worship,
christianity is a fake religion fabricated to keep people blind on the real knowledge of their past, so they (humans) can easily be controlled

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by Nobody: 2:32pm On Feb 01, 2015
If only all religious leaders think like the Pope and allow tolerance reign rather than inciting hate amongst their adherents.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:22pm On Feb 01, 2015
Jameselias:
Pagan9ja are u a true practioner of african religion if u are which of them?

Yes ooo

Hausa religion. (Maguzanci/Boori , etc.)
Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by Jameselias: 4:38pm On Feb 01, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

Yes ooo

Hausa religion. (Maguzanci/Boori , etc.)
pls what are some of their spiritual practices never head about the religion.can ur priest perform magic.
Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by gatiano(m): 5:17pm On Feb 01, 2015
The so called Blackman, Blackwoman or so called Africans or indiginous people are in the era or cycle of self-forgetfulness or sleeping or evil, the cycle or era is finally going out. They intentionally caused their own self-forgetfulness only to experience what iits like.
All religion of the world as i have come to understand comes or are developed from less than 1% of the African Traditional Religion (which is purest mathematics, science, astronomy and cosmology). These religions were pure and true until the devils infiltrated all the religions, they were also able to infiltrate African traditions, but before they could, The sacred knowledge of African Traditions had already been hidden. all black people are or were in the state of self-forgetfulness for 6000 years now except for 168, 84 Blackmen and 84 Blackwomen. 24 custodian of divine unity and 144 custodian of all universal force and energy.

The pope (the head rep of the devil's kingdom is running around looking to extending their time, begging.) But when GOD says, He does. The time of ressurection from that self-forgetfulness and sleep or death is now.

correct me if i'm mistaken but with facts.
Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by macof(m): 6:34pm On Feb 01, 2015
mmsen:
They're both involved in the same hustle - keeping people blind to knowledge so as to maintain control over them.

Most of the sheep, African or otherwise react negatively to non-xtian religious images because that is part of the in-group indoctrination integral for the spread (and strengthening) of the disease.

Christianity all but wiped out native pagan European religions, largely by incorporating many of the practices and celebrations - hence Easter and Christmas.
How has African religions kept you from knowledge?

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by macof(m): 6:35pm On Feb 01, 2015
DrJoe1:
the primary objective of the first missionaries in Africa was to eradicate any trace of ancient alien visitations.
our forefathers worshiped powerful aliens (space travelers) a.k.a gods whom they saw fell from the sky, they made images of them and shrines were built for worship,
christianity is a fake religion fabricated to keep people blind on the real knowledge of their past, so they (humans) can easily be controlled

Lmao grin aliens really?!
Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by mmsen: 7:50pm On Feb 01, 2015
macof:

How has African religions kept you from knowledge?

African religion hasn't kept me from anything - I have never been exposed to it.

But the reason so many of the Nigerian peoples were willing to adopt foreign religions is because it wasn't a great alteration to go from one fairytale to another - they kept the idea of a supreme being, witches and other superstitions. No great change.
Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by gatiano(m): 8:27pm On Feb 01, 2015
That was the deceit of the white missionaries and maybe the white arabs to fool us into thinking that we did not contribute nothing to civilization, when infact we created and made all things through our Ancestors of course. since the whiteman can explain for example the making of the Pyramids all over the world and universe and the flying unidentified vessels amongst many things, They decided to give the credit to an outside being. instead for the whiteman to give a blackman credit, he will give it to greymen, elfs , neanderthal, etc.
So how can the owner of a house be an alien to his own house?

Yes there are some ridiculous looking humanoids around, highly intelligent and deceitful, They are all made here on earth.

How did our forefathers just simply accepted the foreign and strange religion? what happened? it is more than what meets the eye.

DrJoe1:

Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by GooseBaba: 11:27pm On Feb 01, 2015
gatiano:
The so called Blackman, Blackwoman or so called Africans or indiginous people are in the era or cycle of self-forgetfulness or sleeping or evil, the cycle or era is finally going out. They intentionally caused their own self-forgetfulness only to experience what iits like.
All religion of the world as i have come to understand comes or are developed from less than 1% of the African Traditional Religion (which is purest mathematics, science, astronomy and cosmology). These religions were pure and true until the devils infiltrated all the religions, they were also able to infiltrate African traditions, but before they could, The sacred knowledge of African Traditions had already been hidden. all black people are or were in the state of self-forgetfulness for 6000 years now except for 168, 84 Blackmen and 84 Blackwomen. 24 custodian of divine unity and 144 custodian of all universal force and energy.

The pope (the head rep of the devil's kingdom is running around looking to extending their time, begging.) But when GOD says, He does. The time of ressurection from that self-forgetfulness and sleep or death is now.

You Ask for facts, but all you spewed up there was stories.

FACT..!! No African Traditional preist /religion believes in your story up there.

FACT..!! Nation of Islam is not african myth or folklore.

FACT.. Africans do not believe in one allah..

FACT.. African do not see themselves as people who self inflicted "forgetfulness on themselves for experimental purpose "

Now can you name just 3 of the divine custodians you speak of..? Or are you just regurgitating more interpretation from the quran and bible..?

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:43pm On Feb 01, 2015
Jameselias:
pls what are some of their spiritual practices never head about the religion.can ur priest perform magic.

Its similar to other religions. There is sacrifice etc..offered to the spirits, prayers, etc.. A major ritual includes spirit posession , oracular activity and so on..

Magic? Is my Priest a magician lyk david copperfield? My guy....do you know the difference between spirituality and magic?

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:46pm On Feb 01, 2015
gatiano:

Nice story @ bolded. Mixing biblical trash into our tinz. I have a feeling you are akata.

I understand ur passion bu please dont mix lies into it. Gives us lack of credibility. Makes us a mockery. U sabi me?
Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by GooseBaba: 11:53pm On Feb 01, 2015
gatiano:
That was the deceit of the white missionaries and maybe the white arabs to fool us into thinking that we did not contribute nothing to civilization, when infact we created and made all things through our Ancestors of course. since the whiteman can explain for example the making of the Pyramids all over the world and universe and the flying unidentified vessels amongst many things, They decided to give the credit to an outside being. instead for the whiteman to give a blackman credit, he will give it to greymen, elfs , neanderthal, etc.
So how can the owner of a house be an alien to his own house?

Yes there are some ridiculous looking humanoids around, highly intelligent and deceitful, They are all made here on earth.
[b]
How did our forefathers just simply accepted the foreign and strange religion? what happened? it is more than what meets the e[/b]ye

Colonialism happened. Our forefathers did not just accept foreign and strange religion overnight. The colonialist and the missionaries worked hand in hand to promote their rule. Their technology was overwhelming.

They killed those that rebuked their foreign culture, language and god. And replaced them with puppets. The leaders and people who still refused to bow before their god where exempt from economic participation, thereby reinforcing their lies that african traditional worship was backwards, hence the mass exodus.

One does not need to be spooked or bamboozled about why it happened. Face reality my guy and address issues with what we "KNOW" not what we believe.

An african that knows about his ancestoral contributions to civilization but still holds on or claims the religion of their oppressors is of african origin is mentally disturbed.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by Jameselias: 12:00am On Feb 02, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

Its similar to other religions. There is sacrifice etc..offered to the spirits, prayers, etc.. A major ritual includes spirit posession , oracular activity and so on..

Magic? Is my Priest a magician lyk david copperfield? My guy....do you know the difference between spirituality and magic?
by magic i mean obtaining one's desire(money) though not evil anyway.....via the aid of spiritual forces .
Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by GooseBaba: 12:10am On Feb 02, 2015
mmsen:

African religion hasn't kept me from anything - I have never been exposed to it.

But the reason so many of the Nigerian peoples were willing to adopt foreign religions is because it wasn't a great alteration to go from one fairytale to another - they kept the idea of a supreme being, witches and other superstitions. No great change.

The reason many of our forefathers adopted foreign religion was mainly for survival not worship. You have to realize the colonialist controlled the economy, while the missionaries controlled the schools. Something had to give.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by Nobody: 1:48am On Feb 02, 2015
The worst part is when grown up Africans who reverence the judeo-christian religion believe that the power to save is vested in the skeletal hands of a dead Jewish man. The issue is beyond brainwashing. I am yet to find out.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by mmsen: 8:19am On Feb 02, 2015
GooseBaba:

The reason many of our forefathers adopted foreign religion was mainly for survival not worship. You have to realize the colonialist controlled the economy, while the missionaries controlled the schools. Something had to give.

Behind all superstition is an element of fear, a weak attempt to understand the world. That does not mean that some of these people were not genuine in their irrationality.

I do however take your point that there will always be those who will profess to believe something to placate those in positions of authority.
Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by Jameselias: 10:08am On Feb 02, 2015
Pagan9ja what do u mean by oracular activity
Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by macof(m): 12:14pm On Feb 03, 2015
mmsen:

My guy in other words you are smart and have all the knowledge in the world as you have nt been exposed to African religion
You have nt been exposed yet you know African religion so well that you are sure it keeps people from knowledge, you know what they thought and why some left for christianity and Islam

Keep deceiving yourself
Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by Weah96: 12:30pm On Feb 03, 2015
datalossvictim1:
The worst part is when grown up Africans who reverence the judeo-christian religion believe that the power to save is vested in the skeletal hands of a dead Jewish man. The issue is beyond brainwashing. I am yet to find out.

This is neither here nor there, but you are one hell of a fine chick. I just had to take a peek at the female who posted this. I apologize for putting you on the spot like this.
Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 03, 2015
Weah96:

This is neither here nor there, but you are one hell of a fine chick. I just had to take a peek at the female who posted this. I apologize for putting you on the spot like this.

Lol thanks! It's okay. smiley
Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by mmsen: 1:13pm On Feb 03, 2015
macof:

My guy in other words you are smart and have all the knowledge in the world as you have nt been exposed to African religion
You have nt been exposed yet you know African religion so well that you are sure it keeps people from knowledge, you know what they thought and why some left for christianity and Islam

Keep deceiving yourself

I know about some African religions in the same way that I know about Islam, from what I have observed and read.

'Religion' is about getting people to buy into a myth for which there is no proof. There is also a large ceremonial part to keep the sheep amazed - the masquerade shows have that we still see at traditional shows and carnivals are the remnants of those beliefs.

If you can show me that African religions are not an exercise in power, that they are about enlightenment then please do so.
Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by paulGrundy(m): 2:55pm On Feb 03, 2015
PAGAN9JA:
Here is a pic of the pope meeting the Supreme Chief Priest of Vodun, Dagbo Houna in Benin.

if the head of christianity can fraternize with a priest of an African Traditional Religion, the why is it that Africans born and bred in Africa are quick to condemn and criticise anything or any persons associated witht he faith of their forefathers as witchcraft, satanism, etc..

Is the pope here fraternizing with an agent of the devil?

why are most christians (Nigerian especially) so backward in mentality?

Nyigblin Priests. Mama Kponu (centre).

Picture looks photoshopped.
Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by macof(m): 4:11pm On Feb 03, 2015
mmsen:

I know about some African religions in the same way that I know about Islam, from what I have observed and read.

'Religion' is about getting people to buy into a myth for which there is no proof. There is also a large ceremonial part to keep the sheep amazed - the masquerade shows have that we still see at traditional shows and carnivals are the remnants of those beliefs.

If you can show me that African religions are not an exercise in power, that they are about enlightenment then please show.

You just said you have never been exposed to African religions so you have no say, and ur opinion is more like rants of a mad man

come back when you have been exposed
Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by mmsen: 4:15pm On Feb 03, 2015
macof:

You just said you have never been exposed to African religions so you have no say, and ur opinion is more like rants of a mad man

come back when you have been exposed

It is possible to educate yourself on an issue and form your own opinions. The problem with religion is that it usually stands as a barrier between people reading up on subjects - hence why most subjects were not literate in nsibidi, latin or hieroglyphics and other languages which contained the codified religious beliefs.

You seem very angry about this issue - more interested in attacking me than discussing the issue.

Your argument that those who were not raised within the same religious context as you do not have a valid opinion sounds like the same ignorant statements that many a Muslim or Xtian like to make in here. It is an obvious and weak attempt to protect yourself and your beliefs from criticism and introspection.

I asked you some questions which you have sidestepped, resorting to personal insults instead.
Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by macof(m): 4:51pm On Feb 03, 2015
mmsen:

It is possible to educate yourself on an issue and form your own opinions - the problem with religion is that it usually stands as a barrier between people reading up on subjects - hence why most subjects were not literate in nsibidi, latin or hieroglyphics (and other languages which contained the codified religious beliefs).

You seem very angry about this issue - more interested in attacking me than discussing the issue.

I asked you some questions which you have sidestepped, resorting to personal insults instead.

How do u expect me to discuss African to you when you are a novice on the matter and already made conclusions. You said you have no exposure in it, the reason why is not important
Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by mmsen: 5:10pm On Feb 03, 2015
macof:

How do u expect me to discuss African to you when you are a novice on the matter and already made conclusions. You said you have no exposure in it, the reason why is not important

I didn't make my conclusions prior to doing my research.

I approached other religions with an open mind because I was not indoctrinated into them. Sadly, even thought the script may be different the intention appears to be the same.

If I am wrong please show me, I am willing to listen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is The Rise Of Atheism In Nigeria A Direct Reaction To Flaws Of Pentecostalism? / 10 Spiritual Signs You Are About To Die / Abolish Religion ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.