Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,697 members, 7,862,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:43 AM

Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES (36498 Views)

Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES / Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES / NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES by Doyin2(m): 9:15pm On Feb 01, 2015
Is this a debate? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I weep for Nigeria! cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

So what is a debate?

Debate is a formal contest of argumentation between two teams or individuals. More broadly, and more importantly, debate is an essential tool for developing and maintaining democracy and open societies. More than a mere verbal or performance skill, debate embodies the ideals of reasoned argument, tolerance for divergent points of view and rigorous self-examination. Debate is, above all, a way for those who hold opposing views to discuss controversial issues without descending to insult, emotional appeals or personal bias. A key trademark of debate is that it rarely ends in agreement, but rather allows for a robust analysis of the question at hand. Perhaps this is what French philosopher Joseph Joubert meant when he said: “It is better to debate a question without settling it, than to settle a question without debating it.”

10 Likes

Re: Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES by galadima77(m): 9:15pm On Feb 01, 2015
Tolexander:
probably the winner of this debate will meet Osinbajo and Sambo in the final.

lolz...guy u nailed it....
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES by GbengaOGA(m): 9:19pm On Feb 01, 2015
Fellow compatriots, which Television station is broadcasting the debate?
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES by Pamcrest(f): 9:20pm On Feb 01, 2015
What a boring "debate". This is just a Q&A naa....no punchlines, no interaction, so dull unmotivating....arggghh. The prepared questions were handed down to d panel, even their follow up questions were very lack luster.
I expected the debaters to take each other on....at least be allowed to ask each other questions? Why was there no audience participation..read questions from social media, etc?
In summary NEDG should rebrand that so called debate or scrap it...waste of my precious time. cry
My humble submission

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES by Chitumu: 9:21pm On Feb 01, 2015
laykorn:
Ishaka Paul from Alliance just finished his opening speech.

He talked about free food, free health. Free freee freee!
Ayamlaykorn
cheesy
laykorn:
Ishaka Paul from Alliance just finished his opening speech.

He talked about free food, free health. Free freee freee!
Ayamlaykorn
Chai!! did he realy know about a town called freetown? nothing is free there o!

2 Likes

Re: Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES by Kentrasso(f): 9:22pm On Feb 01, 2015
Eastherbunny:

Sambo kEep saying what there have or are doing always twisting everything.

He's right to an extent cos that's all he got... the best of Jonathan is in the past. If pdp comes back to power they'll have nothing else to offer. Simple

3 Likes

Re: Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES by Doyin2(m): 9:23pm On Feb 01, 2015
What is a debate?

Debate is a formal contest of argumentation between teams or individuals. More broadly, and more importantly, debate is an essential tool for developing and maintaining democracy and open societies. More than a mere verbal or performance skill, debate embodies the ideals of reasoned argument, tolerance for divergent points of view and rigorous self-examination. Debate is, above all, a way for those who hold opposing views to discuss controversial issues without descending to insult, emotional appeals or personal bias. A key trademark of debate is that it rarely ends in agreement, but rather allows for a robust analysis of the question at hand. Perhaps this is what French philosopher Joseph Joubert meant when he said: “It is better to debate a question without settling it, than to settle a question without debating it.”
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 01, 2015
O boy eh I haf laff sotey am tired na tension make those women dey yarn any how ni?

That's none of my business though!

Sai Baba Buhari ne mu ke so!

5 Likes

Re: Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES by Kentrasso(f): 9:26pm On Feb 01, 2015
laykorn:
VP Sambo was asked about his plans and he keeps talking about what they have done.
Ayamlaykorn

That's everything he has..
First impressions are usually the best. By this time, 5th year in power, they are tired already

1 Like

Re: Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES by agabaI23(m): 9:27pm On Feb 01, 2015
okok0bioko:

He is not lying, according to the Financial Times, power generation in Nigeria is "low and falling"

See chart below.

If you read that chat well you would have seen that what you referred to as low and falling is the per capita.

The electricity is top with dashed line.
The graph also shows that as at 2010, power generation was at the lowest.

2 Likes

Re: Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES by Nobody: 9:27pm On Feb 01, 2015
laykorn:
Florence Oluremi - AC says what we have now is good, but what she offers us now is a future. Says she has a plan against the politics of godfatherism. Says she has a reputation to protect, she is a woman of dignity.

Says education won't be free but partially funded.

Ayamlaykorn

Patricia Etteh said more than that yet we sabi wassup

1 Like

Re: Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES by okok0bioko: 9:36pm On Feb 01, 2015
agabaI23:

If you read that chat well you would have seen that what you referred to as low and falling is the per capita.

The electricity is top with dashed line.
The graph also shows that as at 2010, power generation was at the lowest.

Both graphs measure electricity so you probably don't know how to read a chat. The total is falling too so I don't see your point! Per capita, if you know anything about economics, is on an individual basis so that is an even better measure to see how much everyone is fairing. For example income per capita, GDP per capita.

Really you have no point, I'm sorry
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES by fandango: 9:40pm On Feb 01, 2015
Am at PDP rally,wt all the post and coments i feel like am watching it live. Well done u 2two much. Hitler's salute.
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 01, 2015
Why wasn't Osinbajo at the debate? sad

APC! Beware of over-confidence.

1 Like

Re: Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES by ewosk: 9:45pm On Feb 01, 2015
do the vice president in Nigeria hav political power??
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES by Forwetinnah: 9:47pm On Feb 01, 2015
0rex:
Why wasn't Osinbajo at the debate? sad

APC! Beware of over-confidence.

Just don't mind Osibade**...what's he feeling like anyway? That he's too exposed or Educated to debate with the VP aspirants from other parties yet he's a VP aspirant to a wicked illiterate. Nonsense!!

3 Likes

Re: Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES by OsamaB: 9:55pm On Feb 01, 2015
lisimmo:
Bad luck for Goodluck

Poll result so far from PollNaija

Download the Android app from www.e-testpedia.com/PollNaija.apk to participate. Completely free.

Considering the fact that many people with good access to internet are outside Nigeria
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES by agabaI23(m): 10:00pm On Feb 01, 2015
okok0bioko:

Both graphs measure electricity so you probably don't know how to read a chat. The total is falling too so I don't see your point! Per capita, if you know anything about economics, is on an individual basis so that is an even better measure to see how much everyone is fairing. For example income per capita, GDP per capita.

Really you have no point, I'm sorry
I have a point because Sambo was talking about total electricity generation not per capita electricity generation. The total electricity generation may increase but because of population growth, per capita may not increase with the electricity generation.

That brings to question why we had electricity problem in 1984-85 when the population was about 100 million and the exchange rate was 76k to a $1

2 Likes

Re: Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES by wendycindy(f): 10:04pm On Feb 01, 2015
They all need to watch the movie 'Head of State' and learn frm it... I love d way chris rock debated there.
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES by 2sa2: 10:22pm On Feb 01, 2015
wendycindy:
They all need to watch the movie 'Head of State' and learn frm it... I love d way chris rock debated there.
we are taking about reality, you are taking about a movie, SMH for the youths of this generation.

1 Like

Re: Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES by TITOBIGZ(m): 10:27pm On Feb 01, 2015
Tolexander:
probably the winner of this debate will meet Osinbajo and Sambo in the final.
gringringringrin

1 Like

Re: Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES by murphyrichy(m): 10:27pm On Feb 01, 2015
laykorn:
Moderator threatens them with sanctions. Says they are attacking each other's personalities.
Ayamlaykorn
Hello thanks for the update, I only watched the third session of it. please I heard that someone pulled out while the debate was going on as a result of psychological feeling, is that true?
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES by UniqueGem(m): 10:28pm On Feb 01, 2015
wendycindy:
No time for film tricks here. 'Movies are scripted', this is reality so wake up.

1 Like

Re: Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES by Dubemkelly(m): 10:28pm On Feb 01, 2015
National comedy series... Those aspirants aint impressive tho Sambo made sense definitely cos he knows whats up being part of the current government

1 Like

Re: Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES by okok0bioko: 10:58pm On Feb 01, 2015
agabaI23:
I have a point because Sambo was talking about total electricity generation not per capita electricity generation. The total electricity generation may increase but because of population growth, per capita may not increase with the electricity generation.

That brings to question why we had electricity problem in 1984-85 when the population was about 100 million and the exchange rate was 76k to a $1

In that graph total electricity is almost postively correlated with per capita generation so what are you saying exactly?

Mr man, both graphs move together in the same direction.
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES by simdam500(m): 10:59pm On Feb 01, 2015
laykorn: Sambo of PDP was asked about his plans but he kept talking about the past; what he and Jonah has done until his time ran out

That man is a dummy...

By the way, who cares if u are lekan undecided
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES by simdam500(m): 11:00pm On Feb 01, 2015
laykorn: Namadi Sambo of PDP says the power sector needs to be reformed and transformed and says they are already doing it.

He's drunk undecided
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES by simdam500(m): 11:05pm On Feb 01, 2015
adioolayi: Hello everyone...please I noticed undue advantage to UNPP and PDP VP candidates in this debate...Why is all questions directed towards the KOWA party candidate first?? This gives the other candidate to think and prepare better before their turn.
If you ask me...It is cheating!
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES by agabaI23(m): 11:06pm On Feb 01, 2015
okok0bioko:

In that graph total electricity is almost postively correlated with per capita generation so what are you saying exactly?

Mr man, both graphs move together in the same direction.

The trend for both was the same to a point. Toward the end of 2014, the negative slope of per capita was steep while the total was not.
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES by Nobody: 11:09pm On Feb 01, 2015
2sa2:
we are taking about reality, you are taking about a movie, SMH for the youths of this generation.
av u seen d movie? If yes, u wont comment like dat. Its an example of a real presidential debate. Na holly no be nolly
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES by jaylister(m): 11:22pm On Feb 01, 2015
Www.aprokoblog.com
Re: Vice Presidential Debate Has Started. LIVE UPDATES by DuchessLily(f): 11:25pm On Feb 01, 2015
Abegii..... All dez parties wey particip8 no matter oo..dem just be side attraction. Na apc and pdp be d koko

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chinedum Nwajiuba: Why My Brother Was Absent At The APC Convention / INEC Suspends Dino Melaye Recall / Postponement Of The General Elections Is A Great Disappointment – Festus Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.