Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Buhari Finally Speaks! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Finally Speaks! (2634 Views)

Why I Won’t Arrest Jonathan – Buhari Finally Open Up / Remi Tinubu Finally Speaks At The 8th Senate, But What Exactly Did She Say? / Amaechi Finally Speaks On Jonathan's Defeat By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Finally Speaks! by nokingasgod: 5:31pm On Feb 01, 2015
“Fellow Nigerians, People accuse me of many things. But one thing they never accuse me of is corruption. They never accuse me of mediocrity, or of lying. People accuse me of many things. I have led this country and I have a record. We were not perfect, but we were effective; we solved problems, and we made Nigerians proud. In our government, we fought corruption, we stabilized the Naira, and we shut down insurgency. We shouldn’t forget so soon that there was the Maitatsine ravaging the North east and we dealt with it. We also overran the Chadian rebels. We rebuilt industries, Nigerians queued up and treated each other with respect; Nigerians took pride in our reputation for
discipline. The world admired us. We were proud to be Nigerians.

However, because they can’t attack our record, they accuse me falsely of ethnic jingoism; they accuse me falsely of religious fundamentalism. Because they cannot attack our record, they accuse us falsely of calling for election violence – when we have only insisted on peace. Even as
Head of State, we never imposed Shariah. All my running mates have been either Igbo or Yoruba and are always devout Christian of indisputable repute. I have and will continue to condemn those who burn God’s places of worship, be they churches or mosques and wish God’s
judgment upon them. As your President, their punishment won’t stop there, we will also ensure Boko Haram and other such elements, are found, are arrested and face the full wrath of the law as punishment for their crimes against our country.

My dear friends, this is very important to note: It doesn’t matter if you are Igbo,Yoruba, Ijaw, Hausa, Idoma, Efik, Ekwere, Urhobo, Igala and, no, it does not matter if you are Christian, Muslim, animist or atheist: we need a new direction under a new leadership. The task ahead will be challenging and daunting, but it is surmountable. This is what leadership is about. My only desire is to prove to you that Nigeria can truly work. Allow me prove to you that in your lifetime, you can be proud of this country.

Let me make you this promise today: We will protect your children. We will protect your wealth. We will make this country work again. This is why I am running for the office of the president of Nigeria. This is my promise.” – Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR).

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Finally Speaks! by chiibekee(f): 5:34pm On Feb 01, 2015
GMB is really a good man from his words.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Finally Speaks! by kestolove95(m): 5:37pm On Feb 01, 2015
Things like dix course. Political hrt attack in pdp camp.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Finally Speaks! by lomprico(m): 5:45pm On Feb 01, 2015
@topic, was he dumb before?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Finally Speaks! by ajani1978(m): 5:46pm On Feb 01, 2015
You make history my new coming President. Make Nigeria proud

1 Like

Re: Buhari Finally Speaks! by emerged01(m): 5:59pm On Feb 01, 2015
#ihavedecided
sai baba

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Finally Speaks! by DesChyko: 6:00pm On Feb 01, 2015
Lol.. I take it he hasn't read Wole Soyinka's presentation at least. That is of course assuming the 'people' accusing there means 'celebrities'.

If it means 'common man', then he hasn't been listening to the right source.
Re: Buhari Finally Speaks! by saintikechi(m): 6:02pm On Feb 01, 2015
Its a lie !!! Where is the source? Did he tell the Op this in his bedroom? Besides buhari is corrupt, he lied under oath, he is a starck illiterate, at 73 he is too old to govern and we are nolonger in the military era so he has nothing to offer.

GEJ TILL 2019

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Finally Speaks! by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 01, 2015
That's my Presido!!!
Re: Buhari Finally Speaks! by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 01, 2015
My General, My General
My President My President
Major General Muhammadu Buhari.
God bless the General
Re: Buhari Finally Speaks! by alaoeri: 6:22pm On Feb 01, 2015
GMB/PYO 2015 DONE DEAL. cool

1 Like

Re: Buhari Finally Speaks! by OLADD: 6:31pm On Feb 01, 2015
nokingasgod:
“Fellow Nigerians, People accuse me of many things. But one thing they never accuse me of is corruption. They never accuse me of mediocrity, or of lying. People accuse me of many things. I have led this country and I have a record. We were not perfect, but we were effective; we solved problems, and we made Nigerians proud. In our government, we fought corruption, we stabilized the Naira, and we shut down insurgency. We shouldn’t forget so soon that there was the Maitatsine ravaging the North east and we dealt with it. We also overran the Chadian rebels. We rebuilt industries, Nigerians queued up and treated each other with respect; Nigerians took pride in our reputation for
discipline. The world admired us. We were proud to be Nigerians.

However, because they can’t attack our record, they accuse me falsely of ethnic jingoism; they accuse me falsely of religious fundamentalism. Because they cannot attack our record, they accuse us falsely of calling for election violence – when we have only insisted on peace. Even as
Head of State, we never imposed Shariah. All my running mates have been either Igbo or Yoruba and are always devout Christian of indisputable repute. I have and will continue to condemn those who burn God’s places of worship, be they churches or mosques and wish God’s
judgment upon them. As your President, their punishment won’t stop there, we will also ensure Boko Haram and other such elements, are found, are arrested and face the full wrath of the law as punishment for their crimes against our country.

My dear friends, this is very important to note: It doesn’t matter if you are Igbo,Yoruba, Ijaw, Hausa, Idoma, Efik, Ekwere, Urhobo, Igala and, no, it does not matter if you are Christian, Muslim, animist or atheist: we need a new direction under a new leadership. The task ahead will be challenging and daunting, but it is surmountable. This is what leadership is about. My only desire is to prove to you that Nigeria can truly work. Allow me prove to you that in your lifetime, you can be proud of this country.

Let me make you this promise today: We will protect your children. We will protect your wealth. We will make this country work again. This is why I am running for the office of the president of Nigeria. This is my promise.” – Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR).

What a crafty epistle! But he cuningly ommitted his mysterious WAEC certificate. BUHARI SUBMITT YOUR CERTIFICATE TO INEC! No more story.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Finally Speaks! by OLADD: 6:39pm On Feb 01, 2015
saintikechi:
Its a lie !!! Where is the source? Did he tell the Op this in his bedroom? Besides buhari is corrupt, he lied under oath, he is a starck illiterate, at 73 he is too old to govern and we are nolonger in the military era so he has nothing to offer.

GEJ TILL 2019

Don't mind Barcanista and his maradonic master. IBB played more tricks than these, he's been confined permanently to his mansion in Minna. Buari's defeat on Feb 14 will shut him up forever.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Finally Speaks! by EdCure: 6:45pm On Feb 01, 2015
Sai Mr. Integrity!
#GMB15

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Finally Speaks! by hahn(m): 6:46pm On Feb 01, 2015
OLADD:

What a crafty epistle! But he cuningly ommitted his mysterious WAEC certificate. BUHARI SUBMITT YOUR CERTIFICATE TO INEC! No more story.

Just as GEJ has been craftily avoiding the issue of the chibok girls in his campaign and the 15,000 people killed and those displaced during his tenure. I forgot the billions of dollars missing and his army of corrupt individuals. GEJ should submit his resignation letter ASAP

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Finally Speaks! by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 01, 2015
lomprico:
@topic, was he dumb before?
he is dumb and he can issue such statement?pls let ur phd holder issue same..this man is just too much to comprehend nowadays,he was the best we never had for 16yrs

1 Like

Re: Buhari Finally Speaks! by lomprico(m): 7:08pm On Feb 01, 2015
southniyikaye:
he is dumb and he can issue such statement?pls let ur phd holder issue same..this man is just too much to comprehend nowadays,he was the best we never had for 16yrs
Y dint u vote him in when he contested against obj?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Finally Speaks! by OLADD: 7:10pm On Feb 01, 2015
hahn:

Just as GEJ has been craftily avoiding the issue of the chibok girls in his campaign and the 15,000 people killed and those displaced during his tenure. I forgot the billions of dollars missing and his army of corrupt individuals. GEJ should submit his resignation letter ASAP

No need to waste one's time looking for what's not lost. Don't sit in the corner of your room thinking you know better than the govt and security agents. By the time Boko haram and their political sponsors are fed up, they would bring out the girls from where they are hidden now that it dawns on them that Jonathan will contest and win this month's election. With regards to the "missing" dollars, go and ask Sanusi, APC's fake wistle blower to tender his evidence in the court or shut up forever. Ok?
Re: Buhari Finally Speaks! by Mustack: 7:18pm On Feb 01, 2015
#change
Re: Buhari Finally Speaks! by Tongsman(m): 7:34pm On Feb 01, 2015
Ride on General, U re the people's choice.
#TeamChange

1 Like

Re: Buhari Finally Speaks! by jorlons(m): 8:04pm On Feb 01, 2015
I pray they gerrit GMB, I sincerely pray they do. While my vote may not be sufficient to grant you victory, I pray others will join me to give #CHANGE a chance come feBUHARI 14th.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Finally Speaks! by guardian09(m): 8:13pm On Feb 01, 2015
lomprico:

1000 likes for this comment joor your head d there.
Re: Buhari Finally Speaks! by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 01, 2015
lomprico:

I did.u see,have known the truth for a very long time now,sentiments aside,the man is the right person for the job...at that age,do u think he is going there to loot the treasury?he is going to right the wrongs of all these criminals we have in the government

1 Like

Re: Buhari Finally Speaks! by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 01, 2015
guardian09:

1000 likes for this comment joor your head d there.
pele tie,u dey wait for likes,u go old pass methuselah
Re: Buhari Finally Speaks! by lagdmark(m): 8:55pm On Feb 01, 2015
No mind buhari Certificate forgery nko! DAT one naa wetin dem call am?
Re: Buhari Finally Speaks! by stexsy(m): 9:09pm On Feb 01, 2015
where is ur certificate, sir?

Sai Jo....
Re: Buhari Finally Speaks! by sammyj: 9:31pm On Feb 01, 2015
Re: Buhari Finally Speaks! by guardian09(m): 11:01pm On Feb 01, 2015
southniyikaye:
pele tie,u dey wait for likes,u go old pass methuselah
Was I looking for your opinion or did I mention you in that post you quoted? Busy body
Re: Buhari Finally Speaks! by lomprico(m): 11:10pm On Feb 01, 2015
southniyikaye:
I did.u see,have known the truth for a very long time now,sentiments aside,the man is the right person for the job...at that age,do u think he is going there to loot the treasury?he is going to right the wrongs of all these criminals we have in the government
Hehehe! Story for the gwards!

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Guy Who Will Still Be A Minister In Buhari's Govt / Outrageous Gay Couple Tie The Knot In Port Harcourt (see Photos) / There Was An Election In Rivers State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.