Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,409 members, 7,861,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:57 AM

Defenders Of Maiduguri In Pictures - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defenders Of Maiduguri In Pictures (3465 Views)

Soldiers Celebrate Independence In Borno On Streets Of Maiduguri / Avengers’ Threat: Odua Defenders Union Warns Against Attack On Lagos / Nigeria Votes Against UN Resolution To Protect Human Rights Defenders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defenders Of Maiduguri In Pictures by iykomo0(m): 10:12pm On Feb 01, 2015
ok
Re: Defenders Of Maiduguri In Pictures by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 01, 2015
iiichidodo:
25 mm cannons too heavy that is why the are carried by Aircrafts,Frigates and Destroyers not a lightweight Russian ICV...That there should a 30mm auto cannon 2A72..Standard Russian muscle.

I agree they are heavy. However It isn't uncommon to see Cannons mounted on pick-up trucks. They are used by the camerounians, Niger, and of course the libyans popularised it, but the Chadians first used them in the toyota wars against the libyan army.

I just didn't think the N.A would mount AA's on APC's.
Re: Defenders Of Maiduguri In Pictures by iiichidodo: 10:33pm On Feb 01, 2015
Henry120:

I agree they are heavy. However It isn't uncommon to see Cannons mounted on pick-up trucks. They are used by the camerounians, Niger, and of course the libyans popularised it, but the Chadians first used them in the toyota wars against the libyan army.

I just didn't think the N.A would mount AA's on APC's.
That is the beauty of a BMP because it combines the properties of an APC with a light fast attack battle tank allowing troops to operate from a relatively safe armoured envirionment,increase infantry squad mobilty,provide suppression fire suoport and in plusher circumstances fight alongs side main tanks......BH's technicals are mostly standard 73 mm and they are mere tissue paper compared to our Russians..
Re: Defenders Of Maiduguri In Pictures by smsshola(m): 10:45pm On Feb 01, 2015
To Maiduguri residence who face ds insurgents nd fear of death on daily basis I doff my cap nd pray d lord will c u guys thru in Jesus name.You are my real heroes and heroine..nd to d army who are fighting to keep d unity God protect u all Respect.
Re: Defenders Of Maiduguri In Pictures by idupaul: 10:47pm On Feb 01, 2015
tit:

the civilian JTF do mop up and pick up wounded enemy and stragglers.
they are the reason you see enemy KIA without "trousers".
they are not frontline shock troops.
Are U in Maidugri?
Re: Defenders Of Maiduguri In Pictures by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 01, 2015
To think that these men could have died today...
Re: Defenders Of Maiduguri In Pictures by Kizito2nv(m): 12:05am On Feb 02, 2015
i love nl
Re: Defenders Of Maiduguri In Pictures by ibofulani: 12:13am On Feb 02, 2015
Let me deal with this chicken first, I'll comment later. cheesy
Meanwhile, kudos 2 the boyz! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Life As President Muhammadu Buhari's Daughter" - 20-year-old Zahra Speaks / This Is A Bomb To All PDP From Lai Muhammed / I Pray Nothing Happen To Our President Okorocha May Steps In As VP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.