Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,604 members, 7,847,532 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 08:05 PM

REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari (15985 Views)

Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION / Ambode Won’t Probe Fashola – APC / Ineffective Battle Against Insurgents: I Will Probe The Military - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari by OgologoDimkpa: 10:42pm On Feb 01, 2015
GODDYGEE91:
This is what u get 4 pushing a 72 yr old illiterate 2 bcome a president. I guess he did not knw de meaning of probe.
Touche! grin
Re: REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari by OgologoDimkpa: 10:48pm On Feb 01, 2015
Adexchelsea19:
A man that cant even remember what he said yestarday,how can that man precide over d country
Pa Buhari is old and senility is a bad thing.
Re: REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari by LRNZH(m): 10:49pm On Feb 01, 2015
jmaine:

All I sense in your post is your attempt at diverting attention from the deceptive nature of Buhari with the Soludo/Iweala debate. Those are two cerebral people who know their stuff and are capable of making firm presentations over any side of the divide they find themselves.

Now back to the thread, how can GEJ be the one hampering the Military when he has done all in his might to equip them and take care of their welfare with an increase in the defense budget allocation.

The issue at stake here is that your man is sending wrong signals about his anti corruption drive.

Divert kini. That is the hottest topic in Nigeria for the whole of this week. Imagine Soludo (UNN) and Sanusi (ABU) all Nigerian trained better economists than NOI (Havard & World Bank).

You did not read the article in the OP properly. Quoting GMB-

“when elected into office in February, the era of impunity will be over for the rogues. But there is no time for engaging in probes or witch hunts.”

The earlier thread was a PDP propaganda. GMB a forthright man does not lie and APC followers try to emulate him hence this thread. Was this posted by a PDP supporter? There you go.
Re: REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari by Descartes: 10:52pm On Feb 01, 2015
joeyekembele:

For crying out loud, how would one trust this type of a man who will speak and deny in the next minutes?
Is he to be trusted? APC goons realised that he had misfired and had to caution him to retract his statement. Instead of him to do the needful by apologising, he is here denying what he said in the open. Honestly, Buhari does not belong to this generation. He is a liar as he is a daft. Nothing upstairs.
well said, the "Toronto" General is a fraudster and so cannot be trusted angry

1 Like

Re: REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari by mrmetoo1: 10:53pm On Feb 01, 2015
This just common sense and I had said it before that there's no point going after past leaders and recovering loot, at least not right now. What needs to be done immediately is to enforce a zero tolerance on corruption leading by example. When corruption has reduced to the barest minimum and he has gained the trust of the people then can he now start going after past leaders. If he hunts past leaders without blocking all the leakages in his government first what it'll amount to is witch-hunting.

As far as the military, an investigation needs to be carried out. This he has said before and I don't think he's saying anything different. Probing to see what went wrong, where it went wrong it quite different from probing military personnel. He needs to show Nigerians first that he is capable of solving the problem before going after people that couldn't solve the problem.

1 Like

Re: REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari by Descartes: 10:59pm On Feb 01, 2015
berem:
PDP spreading lies against Buhari just to smear his name.
The fear of Buhari's anti-corruption crusade.....
My dear, have you seen the contraband political ware your party wants to sell to the Nigerian populace? undecided
Re: REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari by DuchessLily(f): 11:00pm On Feb 01, 2015
Chai!!!! Politics!!
And dey were talking abt integrity;
Therez no Integrity in politics joor.. Especially naija politics

Old men behaving like kids
Re: REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari by jmaine: 11:03pm On Feb 01, 2015
LRNZH:

Divert kini. That is the hottest topic in Nigeria for the whole of this week.

It is a diversion trying to discuss Soludo recent article here, we are here to discuss Buhari anti corruption sincerity . . . .

LRNZH:

Imagine Soludo (UNN) and Sanusi (ABU) all Nigerian trained better economists than NOI (Havard & World Bank).

This is just a very cheap weak shot, remind me again when Sanusi left office . . . .Again, let us stick to the thread of discuss . . . .

LRNZH:

You did not read the article in the OP properly. Quoting GMB-

“when elected into office in February, the era of impunity will be over for the rogues. But there is no time for engaging in probes or witch hunts.”

Simply a watery excuse, what corruption are you seeking to fight if you don't pay attention to past deeds irrespective of the scale of probe.

LRNZH:

The earlier thread was a PDP propaganda. GMB a forthright man does not lie and APC followers try to emulate him hence this thread. Was this posted by a PDP supporter? There you go.

GMB is human and is capable of lying cos he is not a god. The story about his probe validated his famed anti corruption drive than than what we are reading here
Re: REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari by LRNZH(m): 11:10pm On Feb 01, 2015
jmaine:

It is a diversion trying to discuss Soludo recent article here, we are here to discuss Buhari anti corruption sincerity . . . .

OK come to the Full text of Soludo's write up let's duke it out there -LRNZH

This is just a very cheap weak shot, remind me again when Sanusi left office . . . .Again, let us stick to the thread of discuss . . . .

NOI brought up Sanusi in her response to Soludo. By the way the PwC audit report on the missing $20Billion is yet to be released by NOI who is hiding it. Sanusi will remain relevant until that reports exonerates him. -LRNZH

Simply a watery excuse, what corruption are you seeking to fight if you don't pay attention to past deeds irrespective of the scale of probe.

GMB is human and is capable of lying cos he is not a god. The story about his probe validated his famed anti corruption drive than than what we are reading here

I have lectured you but you're adamant in your caprine stubborness. grin LRNZH
Re: REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari by tonytony208(m): 11:14pm On Feb 01, 2015
berem:
PDP spreading lies against Buhari just to smear his name.
The fear of Buhari's anti-corruption crusade.....

buhari says he won't probe past corrupt leaders. He said he won't probe the military. He will of course not probe tinubu, fashola, amechi, obasanjo, ibb, danjuma or any apc member. What kind of empty anti-corruption campaign is he now ranting about? It is clear buhari is not the CHANGE we are seeking. His anti-corruption talk
is hypocritical.

1 Like

Re: REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari by berrystunn(m): 11:14pm On Feb 01, 2015
alaoeri:
No time to probe but rather rebuild it.
Sai Buhari.

The Change we hear here in NORTH Katsina, Kano, Kaduna, etc. is :
Change the Christian leder to Moslem leder.... lol
you are there saying change without knowing the type of change APC is talking about lol.
To eradicate in all forms and ramification of all non-Muslim religion in member nation with Christianity highly emphasized and Nigeria is a member nation. 2) To ensure only Muslims are elected in all political positions of member nations. 3) To make sure that they strategize and carry out their plan

The APC has been consistent in saying that PDP has ruled Nigeria for 16 disastrous years in which corruption, impunity, insurgency, armed robbery and several ills of society held sway.

But watch out some of the APC chieftains saying this now their positions within the "16 disastrous years":

1. Rotimi Amaechi – 8 years speaker under PDP, and 7 years Governor under PDP = 15 years in PDP.

2. Atiku Abubakar – 8 years Vice president under PDP.

3. George Akume – 8 years Governor under PDP.

4. Bukola Saraki – 8 years Governor, and 2 years, Senator under PDP = 10 years.

5. Timipre Sylver – 4 years Governor under PDP.

6. Audu Ogbe – 2 years Chairmanship of the PDP.

7. Aminu Masari – 4 years as the Speaker, House of Representatives under PDP.

8. Chris Ngige – 3 years Governor under PDP.

9. Rabiu Kwankwaso – 7 years Governor under PDP, and 3 years Defense minister under PDP= 10 years.

10. El Rufai – 4 years FCT Minister under PDP, and 2 years BPE chairman under PDP = 6 years.

11. And to cap it all, Obasanjo is the navigator of the APC, a man who spent 8 of the disastrous 16 years as the maximum ruler of Nigeria.

It is now clearer that APC is a waste basket of the PDP Corrupt criminals , where the people who created and perpetuated the 16 disastrous years and now dumped. So where is the change coming from?
Are they now saints overnight because they joined APC?

how will malam buhari fight corruption WITH all ex military heads of state backing him?

Please be WISE and VOTE against the ASSOCIATION OF PAST CRIMINALS (APC ).The people or the party

3 Likes

Re: REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari by Faraidi(m): 11:17pm On Feb 01, 2015
LRNZH:

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-wont-probe-the-military-buhari/
this illiterate general think we are fools like some useless Nigerians,we know his tricks,it shall not work
Re: REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari by jmaine: 11:17pm On Feb 01, 2015
LRNZH:

OK come to the Full text of Soludo's write up let's duke it out there -LRNZH

Like i said earlier, am simply not interested in Soludo/Iweala debate . . . . .

LRNZH:

NOI brought up Sanusi in her response to Soludo. By the way the PwC audit report on the missing $20Billion is yet to be released by NOI who is hiding it. Sanusi will remain relevant until that reports exonerates him. -LRNZH

This didn't justify your UNN/ABU versus Harvard cert, comparison . . . .

LRNZH:

I have lectured you but you're adamant in your caprine stubborness. grin LRNZH

Going the subtle insult way won't do you any good here. be guided
Re: REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari by berrystunn(m): 11:21pm On Feb 01, 2015
Descartes:
This man cannot be trusted

how will malam buhari fight corruption with all ex military heads of state backing him?

corruption will never stop,

there is corruption , in france, Italy, Spain, uk and u.s

Tell me the govt that is 100% corrupt free ?? from 1960
Re: REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari by LRNZH(m): 11:21pm On Feb 01, 2015
jmaine:

Like i said earlier, am simply not interested in Soludo/Iweala debate . . . . .

Smart boy. Who no go fear to put mouth where a whole NOI is being used to wash dirty terrazo.
grin grin I leave you to your wistfulness.

PS. It is not the end of the world. Just cheer up.
Re: REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari by jmaine: 11:24pm On Feb 01, 2015
LRNZH:

Smart boy. Who no go fear to put mouth where a whole NOI is being used to wash dirty terrazo.
grin grin I leave you to your wistfulness.

PS. It is not the end of the world. Just cheer up.

NOI will give her response as ever and Jmaine won't still take sides with any of them. I have high regards for the feuding economic gurus . . . .
Re: REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari by halima000(f): 11:46pm On Feb 01, 2015
I.M.O, General Buhari is just another Maradona.
Re: REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari by crackhouse(m): 1:19am On Feb 02, 2015
Why is this man talking about military this and that as if insecurity is the only thing to handle in Nigeria. What about other sectors.
Re: REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari by biafranqueen: 1:55am On Feb 02, 2015
Come on guys go easy he is not lying he just forgot what he was going to say and do give the ole general a breako!
Re: REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari by bestat(m): 1:57am On Feb 02, 2015
olatunji21:
“I have always served
Nigeria to
the best of my ability. I have always
tried
to give more to the nation than it has
given
me. This is the principle of service
that has
guided my public life. Thus, I am not
a
rich person. I can’t give you a
pocketful of
dollars or naira to purchase your
support.
Even if I could, I would not do so.
The
fate of this nation is not up for sale.
“What I will give you, and this nation
is
all of my strength, commitment,
sweat and
toil in the service of the people.
What I
can give you is my all.
“I do not intend to rule Nigeria. I
want
to democratically govern it with your
help.
I seek a Nigeria where Christians and
Muslims may practise their faiths in
peace
and security; a Nigeria that is just
and
where corruption no longer
trespasses into
our institutions and national
behavior and a
Nigeria where our diversity could be
used
for our national prosperity.
“Nigeria is our home. Let us now
turn it
into the great nation we know it can
and
should be.”
-General Muhammadu Buhari (2014).
Dtz jz on paper bt am much more concerned abt his personal motive. For som1 dt cnt say much on his campaign ground. Anybody cn write Diz 2 gully Nigerians. Yes we want change bt nt buhari!!.. motives matters!!!
Re: REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari by solenzop: 3:12am On Feb 02, 2015
Its ok. Let him come for one of the organised presidential debates and say all these things joor.
Re: REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari by Nobody: 4:03am On Feb 02, 2015
olatunji21:
“I have always served
Nigeria to
the best of my ability. I have always
tried
to give more to the nation than it has
given
me. This is the principle of service
that has
guided my public life. Thus, I am not
a
rich person. I can’t give you a
pocketful of
dollars or naira to purchase your
support.
Even if I could, I would not do so.
The
fate of this nation is not up for sale.
“What I will give you, and this nation
is
all of my strength, commitment,
sweat and
toil in the service of the people.
What I
can give you is my all.
“I do not intend to rule Nigeria. I
want
to democratically govern it with your
help.
I seek a Nigeria where Christians and
Muslims may practise their faiths in
peace
and security; a Nigeria that is just
and
where corruption no longer
trespasses into
our institutions and national
behavior and a
Nigeria where our diversity could be
used
for our national prosperity.
“Nigeria is our home. Let us now
turn it
into the great nation we know it can
and
should be.”
-General Muhammadu Buhari (2014).
and you believed this false prophet?
Re: REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari by preselect(m): 4:22am On Feb 02, 2015
lolololol

the change man has started changing grin

i thought he's all about probing, accountability and corruption

the voice of FailBuhari and the hand of Thiefnoobu grin

APC--->All Pigs Congress, Automated Permanent Crooks, Always Praising Criminals, grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari by Nobody: 4:40am On Feb 02, 2015
NA WA FOR PDP GUYS. WHAT THE PHUCK DO YOU GUYS WANT. FIRST YOU ARE ALL SCARED HE PROBE YOU GUYS. NOW HE HAS SAID HE WONT PROBE AND NOW UR COMPLAINING HE WONT DO ANYTHING.
WHAT DO YOU GUYS WANT.

1 Like

Re: REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari by PenSniper: 4:48am On Feb 02, 2015
LRNZH:

PDP came out with the first article to spread scaremongering in the Military.

GMB is a mature man. He will do the right thing.

By the way how are you reeling from today's Prof. Soludo's whitewash of NOI and PDP/GEJ. Abi you no fit understand the grammar?
Soludo is a confused man. He started drifting the moment he lost his immature bid to be governor.
Re: REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari by bewla(m): 5:02am On Feb 02, 2015
Do u hear it directly from him or them say
Re: REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari by Nobody: 6:41am On Feb 02, 2015
He won't probe the military if elected
He won't probe probe past politicians if elected

Why is he saying things and denying them overnight
I thought they said he will end all corruption and punish all past looters

So tinubu is safe Rofl

This Buhari is a big joke

BENIN CITY – CONTRARY to fears in some quarters that the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Gen.Muhammadu Buhari may probe past corrupt political office holders if elected into office, national Chairman of the party, Chief John Odigie Oyegun has said that a Buhari presidency will not dig into the past.

He, however, accused the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP of blasphemy, following comments from the presidency describing President Goodluck Jonathan as Jesus Christ.

Oyegun who spoke to newsmen in Benin City, Monday, said that the insinuation that a Buhari presidency will send many Nigerians to jail, was a blackmail being masterminded by the PDP leadership, stressing that only those who may not want to change from their corrupt practices will have the retired General to contend with.

“The only people I think should fear the Buhari Presidency are those who do not want change. Those who want to continue with business as usual, are those who want to continue to profit from the level of corruption in the society. We will have no apologies for people like that. But it is clear that from the Buhari perspective and that of the APC, the future of the people of this country is too important for us to spend valuable time trying to dig into the past.

“The first moments of a Buhari Presidency the outlook is on the future. The message will be clear, whatever you engage in before that is detrimental to the people of this country, please stop it, change has come. It is time for change and anybody who decides that he does not want to be part of change and want business as usual that is his choice.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/buhari-will-not-probe-past-leaders-oyegun/
Re: REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari by Ivanspring(f): 6:58am On Feb 02, 2015
mrmetoo1:
This just common sense and I had said it before that there's no point going after past leaders and recovering loot, at least not right now. What needs to be done immediately is to enforce a zero tolerance on corruption leading by example. When corruption has reduced to the barest minimum and he has gained the trust of the people then can he now start going after past leaders. If he hunts past leaders without blocking all the leakages in his government first what it'll amount to is witch-hunting.

As far as the military, an investigation needs to be carried out. This he has said before and I don't think he's saying anything different. Probing to see what went wrong, where it went wrong it quite different from probing military personnel. He needs to show Nigerians first that he is capable of solving the problem before going after people that couldn't solve the problem.

Isn't that what GEJ is doing? Blocking all avenues so that looters can no longer loot? You're applauding GMB who's yet to do anything and you refuse to appreciate GEJ who's actually practicalising this same 'strategy'.

And I can bet my last kobo that those who have suddenly developed hatred for GEJ are those that were affected by this initiative.
Re: REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari by Ivanspring(f): 7:00am On Feb 02, 2015
berrystunn:

The Change we hear here in NORTH Katsina, Kano, Kaduna, etc. is :
Change the Christian leder to Moslem leder.... lol
you are there saying change without knowing the type of change APC is talking about lol.
To eradicate in all forms and ramification of all non-Muslim religion in member nation with Christianity highly emphasized and Nigeria is a member nation. 2) To ensure only Muslims are elected in all political positions of member nations. 3) To make sure that they strategize and carry out their plan

The APC has been consistent in saying that PDP has ruled Nigeria for 16 disastrous years in which corruption, impunity, insurgency, armed robbery and several ills of society held sway.

But watch out some of the APC chieftains saying this now their positions within the "16 disastrous years":

1. Rotimi Amaechi – 8 years speaker under PDP, and 7 years Governor under PDP = 15 years in PDP.

2. Atiku Abubakar – 8 years Vice president under PDP.

3. George Akume – 8 years Governor under PDP.

4. Bukola Saraki – 8 years Governor, and 2 years, Senator under PDP = 10 years.

5. Timipre Sylver – 4 years Governor under PDP.

6. Audu Ogbe – 2 years Chairmanship of the PDP.

7. Aminu Masari – 4 years as the Speaker, House of Representatives under PDP.

8. Chris Ngige – 3 years Governor under PDP.

9. Rabiu Kwankwaso – 7 years Governor under PDP, and 3 years Defense minister under PDP= 10 years.

10. El Rufai – 4 years FCT Minister under PDP, and 2 years BPE chairman under PDP = 6 years.

11. And to cap it all, Obasanjo is the navigator of the APC, a man who spent 8 of the disastrous 16 years as the maximum ruler of Nigeria.

It is now clearer that APC is a waste basket of the PDP Corrupt criminals , where the people who created and perpetuated the 16 disastrous years and now dumped. So where is the change coming from?
Are they now saints overnight because they joined APC?

how will malam buhari fight corruption WITH all ex military heads of state backing him?

Please be WISE and VOTE against the ASSOCIATION OF PAST CRIMINALS (APC ).The people or the party

They will all be disgraced this month.
Re: REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari by babadem2much(m): 7:24am On Feb 02, 2015
author=okosodo post=30338558]DE GUY DON CHANGE IM MIND BECOS DOG NO DEY CHOP DOG.

Guy for this man case i swear dog the chop dog oo. This is a political statement and i know that many Generals will go to jail cuz their hands are stained
Re: REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari by mrmetoo1: 7:40am On Feb 02, 2015
Ivanspring:

Isn't that what GEJ is doing? Blocking all avenues so that looters can no longer loot? You're applauding GMB who's yet to do anything and you refuse to appreciate GEJ who's actually practicalising this same 'strategy'.

And I can bet my last kobo that those who have suddenly developed hatred for GEJ are those that were affected by this initiative.

Suddenly?? You might not be able to wrap your head around this but people don't hate GEJ just because. Like Soludo said, Nigeria belongs to all of us and when you see this level of gross mismanagement you want things to be different. Buhari has a record of fighting corruption, no one can dispute that. A lot of people have tried to re-write history because of politics but the truth can't be changed.

Saying GEJ has blocked avenues for looting is very comedic. Seriously do you believe this? Do you live in this country? You really believe no one is looting anymore. Even GEJ can't say that. What GEJ has even talked about is his method of fighting corruption and according to him its still in the works. So where are you getting it that all avenues have been blocked. I know politicians and politicians' boys. I know "assistants" to certain people in Aso Rock, I know how they were before they got that "job" and I know where they are now. Lets not even deceive ourselves massive looting still takes place and its not limited to PDP, everyone in a position of power still loots with impunity in today's Nigeria.

Then whats the point of blocking other looters from looting when that loot is being diverted into a more powerful looter's account
Re: REBUTTAL: I Won’t Probe The Military - Buhari by berrystunn(m): 8:11am On Feb 02, 2015
Ivanspring:

They will all be disgraced this month.

Special Assistant to the Governor on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, quoted Governor Fayose as saying at a campaign rally in Omuo Ekiti, Ekiti East Local Government that “Buhari is a car with a damaged engine but being packaged by Tinubu and his cabal whose only interest is the wealth of Nigeria.”He said; “In all the campaign rallies held by the APC, Buhari never spoke for more than six minutes.

“Buhari will just utter some words that he had rehearsed and any attempt to bring in new words always result to confusion in his brain due to senility. That was the reason he called his running mate Osunbade instead of Osinbajo and also referred to Imo State as Ibo State.“This is clear evidence of ill-health, old age and senility. Those packaging Buhari to achieve their personal ambition of gaining unhindered access to the wealth of Nigeria should fear God and allow this old man to take care of his health,” the governor said.Speaking further, Fayose, who insisted that “Buhari is old and sick said; “they had programmed Buhari to travel to the U.S on 26th of this month, but they opted out when the secret trip was reported in the media

http://hibe-online.com/allow-buhari-to-seek-medical-help-abroad-fayose-to-apc/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Dead, Properties Damaged As PDP & APC Supporters Clash In Osun / Maiduguri Attack Has Been Contained By The Gallant Soldiers And Peace Restored / Leaked Intel Exposes APC Plot To Disrupt Guber Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.