Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu (2627 Views)

IPOB Russia Calls World To Stand Up Against Injustice On Biafra -trumpetngr / Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' / Muslim And Christian Girls Stand-against Violence In Jos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by naijacutee(f): 11:21am On Dec 29, 2008
We can actually save Ribadu. Rome wasn't built in a day. Registering our stand against this injustice could go a long way in the fight against corruption. Like someone said on another thread "The person in you dies when you sit down and do nothing".

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/he4e6789/

Just sign the petition.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by lucabrasi(m): 1:23pm On Dec 29, 2008
its all very well and good fighting for a cause,but certainly not ribadu's,once anyone fights for the cause of the people he has unfairly persecuted while in office, then ill be the first to sign his petition, the first innocent person he persecuted?lanre tejuoso-never held any public office and not a criminal,his only sin was contesting against iyabo obasanjo and ribadu unfairly disqualified him from contesting, more names to follow

ribadu while he did his job fairly well,is not nigeria's messiah neither is he dispensable,rather than fighting for ribadu to come back,ill rather fight to have another credible and morally upright nigerian with a proven pedigree occupy the post
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 29, 2008
This fight is never Ribadu's fight.

Its a fight for the future of Nigeria, Ribadu is just a symbol of that fight.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 29, 2008
mikeansy:

It's a lost course so far it has to do with nigerians leading the fight. Trust me.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by Kobojunkie: 4:00pm On Dec 29, 2008
Sign the darn petition or take a hike !!! roflmao!!!
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by chidichris(m): 4:35pm On Dec 29, 2008
before we go about saving ribadu, he will be able to tell nigerians what happened to all the funds signed for certain undone contracts during his time including the $16billion for power and the N300 billion for ibadan express way.
obj is the symbol of corruption and ribadu, el rufai, adedibu, chris uba were among his hitmen.
ribadu failed nigerians when he probed the late abacha and left other past presidents. is ribadu telling us that abacha was the only corrupt past president.
the man ribadu suceeded in dividing the nigerian political class into two viz; the clean and the corrupt so the fight must be allowed to be bewteen the two.
it is obvious the war is now between obj group and yar adua group both of pdp. i will rejoice that day it will be between pdp and anyother party.
how can obj forced yar adua on nigerians because we refused third term. how can anyone conbvience me that obj is against corruption in nigeria.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 29, 2008
incohesive and inconcise

[size=24pt]post no 2[/size]
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by Kobojunkie: 4:53pm On Dec 29, 2008
Create another post asking for people to sign petition to demand that Ribadu, if reinstated, make public information on what happened during his time at EFCC. Better yet, SUE the Federal government and the House for DELAYING the darn FOI bill. lol
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by landis(m): 4:58pm On Dec 29, 2008
ribadu while he did his job fairly well

spare us your half-truth.

OBJ had 20,000Naira in his bank account in 1999 and in 2004, his farm was producing $250,000.

What miracle did OBJ perform.

Oh,  and Annenih N300billion to fix road as Minister of Works; we know what happened to Benin-Ore Express way.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by chidichris(m): 5:08pm On Dec 29, 2008
naijacutee,
how much were you paid? how much are we going to get to support this thread or to make ur thread popular.
ribadu was picked by obj and he did the work he was paid for otherwise he was not the most intelligent man in the police or the most senior police officer.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by naijacutee(f): 6:01pm On Dec 29, 2008
Excuses, excuses - nothing but self-righteous excuses and yet people pretend say that they want a change. When the opportunity for change presents itself, it's a different story.
chidichris:

naijacutee,
how much were you paid? how much are we going to get to support this thread or to make ur thread popular.
ribadu was picked by obj and he did the work he was paid for otherwise he was not the most intelligent man in the police or the most senior police officer.

Money will never be an incentive to me to speak/act against injustice in whatever shape, size or form it comes. Yes, he wasn't the most intelligent man but he also wasn't a figure head. He did fight against injustice, no matter how insignificant you feel that his fight was. Rome wasn't built in a day, change is not a one-day process, and the fact is that Ribadu put himself on the path to change when he was given the opportunity. He did not let the fact that "What of other people who haven't been caught?" stop him. He still did what he could do, while he could it, regardless of what others thought/consequences.

nuzo:

It's a lost course so far it has to do with nigerians leading the fight. Trust me.

Thanks for your opinion. I'm glad not all Nigerians think like you otherwise it would truly be a lost cause.

mikeansy:

Thanks bros. We need more people like you. If not, we as a nation are in deep shit trouble.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by eleven(m): 11:02pm On Dec 29, 2008
I have longed registered my protest in the site. Everyday I monitor the progress and it is growing as at this moment 871 people have registered their displeasure. I think it is a nice way of doing things. Also read about it lately in Punch newspaper.

For progressives, please register, you never can tell what your support could do for this country.

@ poster

I think you do not need to waste time and energy replying a senseless, ill informed and confused person as Chidichris or whatever. Afterall "Silence" they say is the best answer for,  you know whom. Keep up the good spirit!
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by Muza(m): 6:18pm On Dec 30, 2008
Ribadu?
Why?
*** hisses ***
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by chidichris(m): 10:14pm On Dec 30, 2008
you are all jokers. how many of u have blamed obj over the use of prof.iwu to force yar adua on us?
ribadu, prof.iwu, el rufai and bode george as well as kayode etc are good examples of what obj is made of and they are all symbol of corruption so your call will lead you no where because we know you are all paid labourers.
the height of obj's corruption was displayed in april polls and the so called corruption crusader did not see anything wrong in the movie clip.
they will all pay including iwu.
yar adua is on the lucky boat and will not have anything against iwu but he may not be lucky with the next admin.
ribadu did a good work in nigeria including the persecution of the man who was contesting the senotorial seat with iyabo obasanjo even when the man has never been in any public office before then.
ribadu is a product of a criminal cartel hence his reward is not far from him.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 30, 2008
chidichris:

you are all jokers. how many of u have blamed obj over the use of prof.iwu to force yar adua on us?
ribadu, prof.iwu, el rufai and bode george as well as kayode etc are good examples of what obj is made of and they are all symbol of corruption so your call will lead you no where because we know you are all paid labourers.
the height of obj's corruption was displayed in april polls and the so called corruption crusader did not see anything wrong in the movie clip.
they will all pay including iwu.
yar adua is on the lucky boat and will not have anything against iwu but he may not be lucky with the next admin.
ribadu did a good work in nigeria including the persecution of the man who was contesting the senotorial seat with iyabo obasanjo even when the man has never been in any public office before then.
ribadu is a product of a criminal cartel hence his reward is not far from him.

Incoherent, inconsistent and inconcise

Having a countdown on how many posts it takes chidicris untill he types something that makes sense and consistent with the topic.

[size=16pt]post no. 5[/size]
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by oderemo(m): 10:20pm On Dec 30, 2008
guys save ribadu from what?  i may ask. remember the saying { those who work in the mistaken believe that he his irreplaceable is only fooling himself}? give it a rest , move on .there was nigeria yesterday tommorrow there MAY still be nigeria  who knows.  forward march pls,
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 30, 2008
ode remo:

guys save ribadu from what? i may ask. remember the saying { those who work in the mistaken believe that he his irreplaceable is only fooling himself}? give it a rest , move on .there was nigeria yesterday tommorrow there MAY still be nigeria who knows. forward march please,

We have been moving on for so long and have not moved away from corruption, poverty and darkness.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by oderemo(m): 10:28pm On Dec 30, 2008
yeah i know .lol
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by chidichris(m): 10:45pm On Dec 30, 2008
his war on corruption did not give nigerians steady power supply, security, good roads, sound education,free and fair election, good health facilities even with the billions that he recovered. then what did we benefit from this war?
his boss promised us steady power supply among other things and we wasted eight(cool uninterupted years with him as our president and minister of petrolium without these promises in sight.
ribadu and his boss should be charged for deciet and betrayal of trust.
the best option for ribadu now is to join his partner in london for a life long study pending when they will be needed for a role in any movie in future.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 30, 2008
you might charged for exporting ignorance
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by lucabrasi(m): 2:00am On Dec 31, 2008
ode remo:

guys save ribadu from what? i may ask. remember the saying { those who work in the mistaken believe that he his irreplaceable is only fooling himself}? give it a rest , move on .there was nigeria yesterday tommorrow there MAY still be nigeria who knows. forward march please,
dont blame nigerians,i think it boils down to the fact that we lack credible heroes in nigeria so we are always quick to push underserving ones to vie for posts of responsibility, like fela said "in the country of the blind na one eye man be king"and that attitude keeps on coming back to bite us in the ass,case in point dora akunyili for president,for efcc,for everything see the result grin
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by luka1981(m): 2:33am On Dec 31, 2008
some enemy of progress must come against any good thing in nigeria. even if obama is asked to go and rule nigeria instead of USA, some block headed people must come against it. let every strong minded nigerian do every thing possible to save ribadu, for according to KING MARTHIN RUTHER "injustice any where is a threat to justice every where"
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by fxmaxony(m): 2:52am On Dec 31, 2008
@all, put jobless crusaders like  Mikeansy in the headship of EFCC, Nigeria will be doomed again, as he will start counting and defending the oppossing voices of his pay master as he is doing here counting the post of Chidichris who is just thinking aloud for a clean Naija that will pass the test of time not the test of politics.

well I don't blame him, He is an agent of corruption who doesnt Pay for Browsing But sabotages through FBT. EFCC will catch up with you

If he pays for browsing he would have used his time to contribute meaningfully
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by Kobojunkie: 4:14am On Dec 31, 2008
chidichris:

his war on corruption did not give nigerians steady power supply, security, good roads, sound education,free and fair election, good health facilities even with the billions that he recovered. then what did we benefit from this war?
Like someone already posted, this is not necessarily about Ribadu but ensuring that rule of law is finally respected. Ribadu may have done right but enough of the lynch style approach to justice and more open and by-the-book justice.
chidichris:

his boss promised us steady power supply among other things and we wasted eight(cool uninterupted years with him as our president and minister of petrolium without these promises in sight.
The man never had power OVER his boss and should not be condemned for the errors of his Boss or whoever hired him to do the work at EFCC. The man ought to be judged for his own record, and if found wanting, processed legally.
chidichris:

ribadu and his boss should be charged for deciet and betrayal of trust.
the best option for ribadu now is to join his partner in london for a life long study pending when they will be needed for a role in any movie in future.
Is this what you want the sitting EFCC chairperson to go as well? Cause the way this all looks, when the next president comes in and the next set of gangs, things are likely to continue the same way. Signing the petition is simply for those who want to see Ribadu freed BUT it also opens the door to due process being taken more seriously than ever.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by chidichris(m): 8:36am On Dec 31, 2008
Kobojunkie,
Like someone already posted, this is not necessarily about Ribadu but ensuring that rule of law is finally respected. Ribadu may have done right but enough of the lynch style approach to justice and more open and by-the-book justice.

yes, this is the problem of pdp in general. they do not have institutions. their interest in more on how to rule nigeria for 1 million years and not how nigerians will benefit from their leadership. look at efcc which means ribadu, nafdac means dora, finance ministry means okonjo iweala, oyo state means adedibu etc and the death or exit of any takes the commission out of sight.
if pdp has manifesto, why won't yar adua continue the works of obj instead of obj asking for third term and tenth term to complete his works.

The man never had power OVER his boss and should not be condemned for the errors of his Boss or whoever hired him to do the work at EFCC. The man ought to be judged for his own record, and if found wanting, processed legally.

there is no room for having powers over any person. it is a case of the constitution which is surposed to be above all. if the law says, money laundary is 2 years in the prison and alams served same, andy uba we expected to serve same when he was caught in the usa and not ribadu coming back to tell nigerians that the case of andy uba was a civil case. he was selective in his justice and that is just it. as long as that was welcomed by nigerian, they shld go ahead and welcome same in the other administrations.

Is this what you want the sitting EFCC chairperson to go as well? Cause the way this all looks, when the next president comes in and the next set of gangs, things are likely to continue the same way. Signing the petition is simply for those who want to see Ribadu freed BUT it also opens the door to due process being taken more seriously than ever.

is not all about what i want rather this is what they have installed.people like iwu who messed the country up are free just bcs they are with yr adua as president. assume a sitution where atiku or buhari happens to be the next president of nigeria, wht will u expect?

nigeria will only be free when there are institutions in place where the law is the law. people will come and go and the same institution and law will remain. by so doing, you will not be talking about ribdu rather efcc, we will not be talking about the president rather we will be talking about nigeria like americans do.
let there be institutions in place and when we have such u will be meeting sons the president and vice in prison for the same offence that an okada man has committed and no one will be above the law. we all know iyabo obasanjo. such people are been used as role models in nigeria today. shamelessly obj asked youths in oyo to emulate the life of adedibu - a thug.
mikeansy,
u are less than an embecile because you cannot make a single point. take me to any of your posts where u highlighted points like kobojunkie has done above. when you see people with purpose,u will know them no matter where they are. kobo made his points and we can only argue on them. your type will only join the masses for joining sake
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by SkyBlue1: 8:53am On Dec 31, 2008
"Sign the darn petition or take a hike".
I so suscribe to that view. We could argue about the pitfalls of Ribadu's tenure etc, but for those who want to do something about it and actually act towards what they perceive as an injustice as opposed to the usual blind lip service i respect that. This is of course considering how rare it is to see Nigerians act towads correcting what some might see as injustice even if others might not see it as such. It is time the idea of standing up and being counted begins to become entrenched in Nigeria. A country of over 140million with its citizens being continuously pushed around and subjected to living like animals in their own country by a few select in their own government? I don't see it as the giant of africa at all. Actually is embarassing when people say that, as it should be. See how this immediately actually transcends Ribadu? If you don't want to sign the petition just walk on by, it isn't that difficult.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 31, 2008
well I don't know how smart I am

but if I am as dumb as chidicris, I will go back to all my schools to refund my fees.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 31, 2008
Mike

I disagree, u shd be paying the school extra bucks for tolerating ur imbeciity, that is, if u were chidichris.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 31, 2008
lol
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by PROJECT: 3:33pm On Dec 31, 2008
i wonder the kind of people come on this site to say all sort of rubbish ,i will stand for this cause not because of ribadu but because of what theefcc stand for.he tried and he deserves the support of well meaning nigerians.we outside the country will make this government unpopular we are working and soon people will begin to hear and see things
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by Kobojunkie: 3:53pm On Dec 31, 2008
chidichris:

Kobojunkie,

yes, this is the problem of pdp in general. they do not have institutions. their interest in more on how to rule nigeria for 1 million years and not how nigerians will benefit from their leadership. look at efcc which means ribadu, nafdac means dora, finance ministry means okonjo iweala, oyo state means adedibu etc and the death or exit of any takes the commission out of sight.
if pdp has manifesto, why won't yar adua continue the works of obj instead of obj asking for third term and tenth term to complete his works.

The reason I keep saying that we should not be about the many extensions that may exist but about around Ribadu but about the man himself is this – in Nigeria, the reason many of the criminals go Scott free is because instead of going after these people as individuals, we try to prosecute a whole government or gang at once. I repeat, let Ribadu serve for his own crimes. Obasanjo, we can open a whole new petition on, and so also the other individual PDP members, not the whole party at once or we continue to fail. These people know and understand that we like to lynch the group each time one of them is caught and they come up with fake documents and stories to clear themselves. You go after just the one at a time, and you are likely to get each one of them alone.

This is a call for Ribadu to be reinstated, but in all it is actually a call to have the courts stop this ridiculous circus that has been on for months now and get down to doing things the proper way. There is no way Ribadu will be back if he is found guilty of a crime. So this is a good step. Either this or we send him off to UK like his friends, as you have earlier suggested and he comes back 5 or 10 years from now, when yar adua is gone and celebrated as a hero then. Something I know even you would not like.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by wirinet(m): 5:48pm On Dec 31, 2008
What does Ribadu and his fans want?

Does he want to receive full salary and allowance while sleeping in his bed?
Is he prepared to take orders from his superiors?

Does he want to stop work until all his court cases are dispensed with? which might take five years considering our slow legal process.

How can he escape the assassins he says are after him? even if he is reinstated as an AIG? remember a whole justice minister was assassinated.

Finally what does Ribadu want from a Police force and a government that is hostile to him. If he is so honest, brilliant and popular it would be easy for him to get a Job outside the Nigerian Police.

(1) (2) (Reply)

World War 3 From 2009 - 2012 / El-rufai On The Nemesis Called Oil And Gas / Jonathan Spendthrift: Enough Is Enough - Punch Editorial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.