Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,385 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu (2633 Views)

IPOB Russia Calls World To Stand Up Against Injustice On Biafra -trumpetngr / Photos: How I Managed To Stand Against 'jungle Justice' / Muslim And Christian Girls Stand-against Violence In Jos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by Naijex: 10:18pm On Dec 31, 2008
No what people say about Ribadu, he is still a force to reckon with.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by profits1: 10:41pm On Dec 31, 2008
Project and all who believe that Ribadu is haunted for assasination, why on earth will sumbody want a former efcc boss instead of the incubent,
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by naijacutee(f): 11:59am On Jan 14, 2009
I think I can rightly say that one of the major reasons why Nigeria is the way it is is because we, Nigerians want it to be so. We love the injustice - just as long as it happens so far away from us that we can read it in the newspaper and waffle on about it. We love the looters - Just as long as we can sit down and wish we were "they". We love the government - however corrupt it is - And hope that one day someone we know gets in there - not to change things. . . But so that we can benefit. No we don't really want things to change. We aren't really that tired.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 1:55pm On Jan 14, 2009
what are you talking about?
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by BOSS7: 1:58pm On Jan 14, 2009
cre8tivity:

what are you talking about?

I trust you to be here, do you have anything against this man? Are you sure your hatred is not turning into an obsession now?
cheesy
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 2:03pm On Jan 14, 2009
if you pay attention, it wouldn't take you too long to realize that this man represents everything that is wrong with our country today.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 2:07pm On Jan 14, 2009
everything would become more apparent as soon as his boy-friend, el-rufai is captured. i bet you that pretty soon you would be back to apologize when the missing puzzle is discovered.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 2:10pm On Jan 14, 2009
just like his boy-friend "el-rufai", pretty soon ribadu would become very busy; i predict that very soon ribadu too would start taking french classes in togo.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by texazzpete(m): 2:14pm On Jan 14, 2009
I cringe at how pathetic my fellow Nigerians can be. Not one of you has the balls to stand up and fight corruption in Nigeria. Like the cowards you are you are eager to have an arrowhead, a figure head, a messiah to do all the dirty work for you. Hence the 'fight' for Ribadu.

Nigeria's struggle against corruption transcends Ribadu. It transcends EFCC. it falls on the shoulders of all Nigerians to take back their country from corruption. It makes me sick whenever i see someone claiming that the fight against corruption ends with Ribadu. Why?!!

Even with Ribadu in charge, corruption ate deeper in Nigeria. Under Obasanjo's anti-corruption watch, 419 moved from being an activity people did in private to something that was celebrated. Multi-billion dollar bribes were given and taken. Corruption ran rife in the Power, roads and housing sector.

Take off the rose-tinted glasses and see how ineffective an anti-corruption fight entrusted to one man really was. Alams was humbled, but was that a deterrent to other Governors? Tafa balogun was arrested, was that enough to clean up the police?

Sign petitions calling for the recall of corrupt politicians. Forget about the ongoing quarrel with saharareporters and support and encourage keyamo to continue his case against the House exco for the car purchase scam. He still remains the most high profile voice fighting on right now. Excommunicate the Yahoo boys around you, work to ensure people around you do the right thing.

All these will serve to improve Nigeria.

None of you can be arsed to fight for the passage of the FOI bill, yet you're willing to waste energy fighting a lost cause.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by BOSS7: 2:22pm On Jan 14, 2009
texazzpete:

Sign petitions calling for the recall of corrupt politicians. Forget about the ongoing quarrel with saharareporters and support and encourage keyamo to continue his case against the House exco for the car purchase scam. He still remains the most high profile voice fighting on right now. Excommunicate the Yahoo boys around you, work to ensure people around you do the right thing.

All these will serve to improve Nigeria.

My friend, why this attack?

Who says your method is the only tried and trusted means? Why do we Nigerians have to go your way? Keyamo is not a saint neither is Ribadu so why rubbish one and not the other. This is a democracy and that's why we all have our opinions on whom we think is corrupt and not corrupt. We can not all go to bed facing your side I'm afraid.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 2:31pm On Jan 14, 2009
@boss: i wouldn't waste my time. even if you fill up an empty head with water, still nothing would come out of it. it would just be a dizzy heavy head. people are just full of themselves; these fools think the sun, moon and stars all rise right above their heavy heads. i'm very afraid
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by texazzpete(m): 4:21pm On Jan 14, 2009
B.O.S.S.:

My friend, why this attack?

Who says your method is the only tried and trusted means? Why do we Nigerians have to go your way? Keyamo is not a saint neither is Ribadu so why rubbish one and not the other. This is a democracy and that's why we all have our opinions on whom we think is corrupt and not corrupt. We can not all go to bed facing your side I'm afraid.

I prefer to see this as Nigerians fighting corruption. If Keyamo is currently battling his way to exposing the fraud in the National Assembly, then let him be that weapon. However, i will not invest in him my complete trust like you guys seem to be doing with Ribadu.

it's not about my method. All the things i wrote were examples of things Nigerians can do. The summary of my piece is simply that Nigerians should join in the fight against corruption at all levels.

i'm curious, though. Please explain to me how saying the truth serves to 'rubbish' Ribadu. Take a step back from listing his achievements and decide how much corruption in Nigeria had actually reduced.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by BOSS7: 5:10pm On Jan 14, 2009
texazzpete:

I prefer to see this as Nigerians fighting corruption. If Keyamo is currently battling his way to exposing the fraud in the National Assembly, then let him be that weapon. However, i will not invest in him my complete trust like you guys seem to be doing with Ribadu.

Uh Uh, not at all, I didn't support Ribadu neither did I pledge my support to Keyamo.

texazzpete:

it's not about my method. All the things i wrote were examples of things Nigerians can do. The summary of my piece is simply that Nigerians should join in the fight against corruption at all levels.

It's just the way you came across and it felt too direct especially reading as a third person and that's why I suggested you toned down the attack.

texazzpete:

i'm curious, though. Please explain to me how saying the truth serves to 'rubbish' Ribadu. Take a step back from listing his achievements and decide how much corruption in Nigeria had actually reduced.
This might be what you feel are the truth (what you listed as means of abating corruption) however we cannot all feel the same way especially when the issue is politics. Some guys feel Ribadu deserves the support just as you feel Keyamo deserves your support (am I right) hence my conclusion in saying that you shouldn't impose your opinion on them. The aim of your argument seemed like you were trying to gain victory rather than to progress the discussion.

It's cool if you feel Keyamo deserves your support as the man to abate corruption in Nigeria, that's fine. In actual fact nobody should crucify you for that however these guys pledging their support feel, about Ribadu, the same way you feel about Keyamo.

On a personal opinion, neither Ribadu nor Waziri have pleased the Nigerian populace when it comes to fulfilling our dreams of seeing the back of corruption and to an extent I cannot blindly support Keyamo seeing the hard core evidene provided by Sahara Reporters when it comes to allegations against our politicians. I thought I could trust an activist, but seeing the ever vocal Reuben Abati yet to respond to the allegations of receiving land plots in Abuja as a bribe from the same people he's criticising, my brain has woken and now I have to think twice before thinking of trusting any Nigerian activist,politician or whoever, not even Ribadu.

The saying, once beaten twice shy, comes to mind.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by tayoast(m): 5:23pm On Jan 14, 2009
Re-Ba-Do obviously doesn't need to be saved as he is already in safe hands.

One peculiar thing about a typical African office holders is that, they never quit, they get embarrassed.

While Re-Bad-U was still in office, OBJ promoted him haphazardly up to whatever rank w/out fulfilling prerequisites, all b'cos he was a tool to Baba.

OBJ left office and ReBad-u remained. Why?

Believe me or not, Had he left when OBJ's term lapsed, the conclusion 2day wld be that he's being witch-hunted or blackmailed.

An african man does not jump, he waits to be pushed.

And we all know what happens when one is being pushed----Re-Bad-U!
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 14, 2009
Its amazing how fight against corruption trancends Ribadu but does not trancend Keyamo
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 5:27pm On Jan 14, 2009
my darling boss: as usual, once again you've brought common sense back to this forum.
ranka-dede, sir.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by texazzpete(m): 6:20pm On Jan 14, 2009
B.O.S.S.:

It's cool if you feel Keyamo deserves your support as the man to abate corruption in Nigeria, that's fine. In actual fact nobody should crucify you for that however these guys pledging their support feel, about Ribadu, the same way you feel about Keyamo.

I never said he was the one to abate corruption in Nigeria. All i'm saying is, right now he seems to be fighting the good fight. Let him keep that up while we all take our positions for the battle against corruption.

B.O.S.S.:

On a personal opinion, neither Ribadu nor Waziri have pleased the Nigerian populace when it comes to fulfilling our dreams of seeing the back of corruption and to an extent I cannot blindly support Keyamo seeing the hard core evidene provided by Sahara Reporters when it comes to allegations against our politicians. I thought I could trust an activist, but seeing the ever vocal Reuben Abati yet to respond to the allegations of receiving land plots in Abuja as a bribe from the same people he's criticising, my brain has woken and now I have to think twice before thinking of trusting any Nigerian activist,politician or whoever, not even Ribadu.

The saying, once beaten twice shy, comes to mind.

1. Most of the evidence provided by Sowore are circumstantial at best and will not make for a compelling case. I for one am not eager for us to throw away our chances of nailing these corrupt bastards by getting it wrong the first time.

Reuben Abati was alllocated land in Abuja, land he applied for. Sowore provided zero evidence that the land was meant as a bribe to Abati. Naturally, he knew that ever-fickle Nigerians would jump to the most negative conclusions.

In a way, it's ironic. People complain that Ribadu was mistreated, yet they are quite happy to condemn Reuben Abati because of one man's sly insinuation. Sowore insinuated that Keyamo may have been settled with money and keyamo was forced to make a reply that damned him further in the eyes of Nigerians. What incentive does Reuben Abati have to respond? any response will only add fuel to the fire, and Sowore can keep throwing further dirt on the matter until all but himself are besmirched.

Naturally, Nigerians have come to believe that Saharareporters can do no wrong, so Sowore is in an enviable position indeed.

The Only winner in this is Sowore himself. One sentence from him and people are already readying the tar and feathers for both Keyamo and Abati.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by BOSS7: 7:24pm On Jan 14, 2009
texazzpete:

I never said he was the one to abate corruption in Nigeria. All i'm saying is, right now he seems to be fighting the good fight. Let him keep that up while we all take our positions for the battle against corruption.

1. Most of the evidence provided by Sowore are circumstantial at best and will not make for a compelling case. I for one am not eager for us to throw away our chances of nailing these corrupt bastards by getting it wrong the first time.
God would bless you for that statement and in fact I feel we're actually reading from the same page.  wink

texazzpete:

Reuben Abati was alllocated land in Abuja, land he applied for. Sowore provided zero evidence that the land was meant as a bribe to Abati.
See http://www.saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=382:how-farida-waziri-and-top-nigerian-editors-got-abuja-land-allocations&catid=76:hot-topic&Itemid=205 for evidence.
More so, is this a joke or just a natural jibe at Sahara reporters? From my research, I realised that you took the line from one of the concerned Reuben Abati's defenders that "Abati presumably applied for a plot of land and was allocated same (http://www.saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=485:re-reuben-abati-clear-the-air&catid=116:sr-readers-letters&Itemid=393") and also he's not openly come out to confirm nor deny this allegation. Remember when one of those fraudulent scam letters were sent out in his name, he was quick to to dismiss that letter and now he has his reputation in tatters and he's still very quiet about it. (Please read more on this link http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/index.php/content/view/11179/55).

texazzpete:

In a way, it's ironic. People complain that Ribadu was mistreated, yet they are quite happy to condemn Reuben Abati because of one man's sly insinuation. Sowore insinuated that Keyamo may have been settled with money and keyamo was forced to make a reply that damned him further in the eyes of Nigerians. What incentive does Reuben Abati have to respond? any response will only add fuel to the fire, and Sowore can keep throwing further dirt on the matter until all but himself are besmirched.
I am not questioning Abati's integrity but could he be trying to cover up some land allocation in Abuja with something as grave as violation of his privacy hence his muteness? I do not know Abati and neither have I met him, but I think that line of thought is ridiculous enough. I personally have nothing to gain but Reuben Abati's silence is deafening.

texazzpete:

Naturally, Nigerians have come to believe that Saharareporters can do no wrong, so Sowore is in an enviable position indeed.
The Only winner in this is Sowore himself. One sentence from him and people are already readying the tar and feathers for both Keyamo and Abati.
I personally am not promoting Sahara to the state of grandeur but I love to seek the truth regardless of the source. If your conviction is that I'm just blind to the truth then I'll suggest you think again (maybe I'm just very easy to please). However, I suppose you shouldn't be surprised by the ease of gaining trusts because Nigerians (especially the ones still struggling to make a living) need equality and this could only be achieved via justice. If Abati fails to respond, then he's no different from the ones he regularly criticise and he's just out there hung out to dry.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 14, 2009
Its realy troubling that texxapette does not think the fact that news reporters and EFCC boss all appear on the same page of FCT memo for land allocation is troubling.

I think at this point we should give up the fight against corruption and start by defining what really is corruption
How does a Nation fight corruption when they dont know what it means?
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by BOSS7: 8:06pm On Jan 14, 2009
mikeansy:

I think at this point we should give up the fight against corruption and start by defining what really is corruption
How does a Nation fight corruption when they dont know what it means?
Exactly, I feel Nigeria needs to start and get a text book on corruption and start from introduction page 1.
cheesy
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 9:10pm On Jan 14, 2009
http://allafrica.com/stories/200901140302.html
Nigeria: Exit of Nuhu Ribadu - Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish!
Ezekwesiri Eluchie
13 January 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Email|Print|Comment
Share this on:
opinion

Earlier in the cause of Mr. Nuhu Ribadu's travails with his employers, the Nigeria Police Force (NPF), we of the Office of the National Legal Adviser of the National Conscience Party (NCP) had had cause to issue a press release titled "Re: Mallam Nuhu Ribadu's Aborted Graduation from National Institute of Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS)," wherein we had urged caution and a recourse to commonsense on the part of Mr. Ribadu and the persons rooting for him.

Unfortunately, our advice went unheeded thus culminating in the dismissal.

The deification of Mr. Ribadu by some elements in civil society and critics is misplaced and unfortunate as it only goes to highlight the innate characteristic of the dismissed officer as a 'smart manipulator of facts and events with some friends in the media'. Even Mr. Ribadu's most ardent supporters admit that he was most partisan in the execution of his brief as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). The defense these Ribadu supporters advance for their continued support in the face of his one-sided and corruption-laden 'war' on corruption is that "if Ribadu as EFCC Chairman was effective in harassing anti-Obasanjo elements, it should be left to his successor to continue the 'war' on pro-Obasanjo elements upon Ribadu's exit."

Simplistic as the above postulation is, the horrendous mind-boggling looting and brigandage on our national treasury embarked upon by key figures in the administration of ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo while Mr. Ribadu served as EFCC boss was largely glossed over. Apparently these pro-Obasanjo elements felt (and were actually) untouchable during the said tenure, thus exposing the Nigerian State to the most obscene and scandalous era in terms of public sector corruption.

In a recently published book on Olusegun Obansanjo's tenure as 'civilian' President of Nigeria, titled "Reign of Evil," the EFCC under Mr. Ribadu's leadership was aptly described as "the most successful scam operation ever perpetrated by any Nigerian, living or dead, on the international community". Under the guise of tackling corruption, the EFCC under Ribadu's leadership after fleecing the international community and donor agencies of millions of dollars ostensibly to 'tackle' corruption, embarked on a getaspo-like reign of terror calculated at extinguishing any opposition to Obasanjo's rule, only once in a while, did the outfit actually venture into genuinely tackling corruption.

There has been some hype in some sections of the Nigerian media about the 'successes' attained during the tenure of Mr. Ribadu at the EFCC and how the reappraisal of Mr. Ribadu's rank in the Police Force tantamounts to 'enthronement of corruption' or a disincentive to persons saddled with national assignments. The aforementioned twin hypothesis, when properly scrutinized and evaluated, will be exposed as vexatious fallacies.

The successes attributable to Mr. Ribadu's leadership of the EFCC, if any, were obtained via unconstitutional, illegal, uncouth and quasi-criminal procedures. We believe it is commonsensical that 'you cannot tackle corruption via corrupt means'.

This is the same principle that makes it an anathema for the police to be engaged in extra-judicial killings even where the 'suspects/victims' happened to be at the scene of a crime.

Under Ribadu's leadership, the EFCC focused its resources in the area of public sector corruption solely on persons who declined to revere then President Obasanjo and perceived political/filial/traditional opponents and enemies of the Obasanjo presidency. If you were 'for' Obasanjo, you could walk into any government agency and cart away all the funds therein and Ribadu's-EFCC would simply look the other way.

In the event that some of us have so soon forgotten the modus operandi and stock-in-trade of the Ribadu-led EFCC, we shall proceed hereunder to highlight some of his practices, which characterized a regime of impunity and lawlessness:

(a). Illegal, unconstitutional and quasi-criminal use of the EFCC apparatus to instigate, coordinate and execute the 'impeachment' of State Governors 'disloyal' to then President Obasanjo (these include the impeachments of Governors Diepreye Alamieyeseigha of Bayelsa, Joshua Dariye of Plateau; Ayo Fayose of Ekiti and the failed attempts to remove Governors Chris Ngige of Anambra; Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia; Boni Haruna of Adamawa and many others)

(b). Illegal, unconstitutional and quasi-criminal use of the EFCC apparatus to cajole and or 'convince' aspirants for political office not sanctioned by Obasanjo to relinquish or extinguish such aspirations (as happened in the build-up to the Peoples Democratic Party congresses at various States and at the Federal level.

(c). Illegal, unconstitutional and quasi-criminal use of the EFCC apparatus to detain suspects and in one instance, led to the death of erstwhile member of Nigeria's House of Representatives (Morris Ibekwe)

(d). Illegal, unconstitutional and quasi-criminal use of the EFCC apparatus to invade the privacy and residence of persons perceived to oppose Obasanjo's obnoxious Third Term bid (as in the case of Mike Adenuga in Lagos State and Madam Uzor Kalu in Abia State)

(e). Illegal, unconstitutional and quasi-criminal use of the EFCC apparatus to disparage and bring to disrepute the Office of the Vice President of the Federal Republic in a malicious and vengeful skewed investigation into the Petroleum Trust Development Fund (PTDF) - an investigation embarked upon after opposition to Obasanjo's 3rd term project became irrepressible.

Relevant Links
West Africa
Legal and Judicial Affairs
Nigeria
(f). In one startling moment of revelation, then President Obasanjo in the course of an electioneering campaign rally in Ondo State, publicly threatened to 'send Nuhu Ribadu and the EFCC' after Segun Mimiko, an opposition gubernatorial candidate who had fallen out of favour with Obasanjo and was as at the time in question running against a candidate from Obasanjo's PDP.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 9:15pm On Jan 14, 2009
The defense these Ribadu supporters advance for their continued support in the face of his one-sided and corruption-laden 'war' on corruption is that "if Ribadu as EFCC Chairman was effective in harassing anti-Obasanjo elements, it should be left to his successor to continue the 'war' on pro-Obasanjo elements upon Ribadu's exit."

Simplistic as the above postulation is, the horrendous mind-boggling looting and brigandage on our national treasury embarked upon by key figures in the administration of ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo while Mr. Ribadu served as EFCC boss was largely glossed over. Apparently these pro-Obasanjo elements felt (and were actually) untouchable during the said tenure, thus exposing the Nigerian State to the most obscene and scandalous era in terms of public sector corruption.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 9:16pm On Jan 14, 2009
Under Ribadu's leadership, the EFCC focused its resources in the area of public sector corruption solely on persons who declined to revere then President Obasanjo and perceived political/filial/traditional opponents and enemies of the Obasanjo presidency. If you were 'for' Obasanjo, you could walk into any government agency and cart away all the funds therein and Ribadu's-EFCC would simply look the other way.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 9:18pm On Jan 14, 2009
the EFCC under Mr. Ribadu's leadership was aptly described as "the most successful scam operation ever perpetrated by any Nigerian, living or dead, on the international community". Under the guise of tackling corruption, the EFCC under Ribadu's leadership after fleecing the international community and donor agencies of millions of dollars ostensibly to 'tackle' corruption, embarked on a getaspo-like reign of terror calculated at extinguishing any opposition to Obasanjo's rule, only once in a while, did the outfit actually venture into genuinely tackling corruption.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 9:19pm On Jan 14, 2009
@poster: did you say "let's save ribadu"? what about let's jail ribadu and save nigeria?
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by BOSS7: 9:42pm On Jan 14, 2009
cre8tivity:

@poster: did you say "let's save ribadu"? what about let's jail ribadu and save nigeria?

You're beginning to sway me towards you but lailai, I wake up and shake my head in rejection. You're still yet to convince me on some issues though.

wink
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by oderemo(m): 10:07pm On Jan 14, 2009
what about lets shoot RIBADU
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by naijacutee(f): 3:16am On Jan 19, 2009
As someone earlier mentioned, the fight against corruption neither begins nor ends with Ribadu. We are all so eager to pledge for a better Nigeria, yet when the opportunity presents itself to act, we start pointing fingers at others "What about A?", "What about B?". By now, I'm sure that we can all agree that Ribadu is not the epitome of the fight against corruption. In fact, he is far from it. However, we cannot deny that he was at least a step into the waters which many of you opening your mouths here dare not cross. For the time he spent there, he did do something. There were many powers beyond his control, but he did work within his constraints to achieve remarkable results. Prior to his tenure, who dared question the obvious embezzlement of public funds by those in power? Even those who stood against it, and refuted it dared not act against it. Maybe they couldn't because they were not in a position to, but we find someone who was in a position to do something, and he did - yet we complain about the others who are untouched. I can't understand the way we reason, Nigerians.

I'm not here to sing Ribadus' praises, as he is only a fallible man like the rest of us, however he did something when given the opportunity regardless of whatever bottlenecks/whomeever it was he couldn't challenge. If you could have done better in his shoes, please share with us how.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by naijacutee(f): 11:19am On May 14, 2009
bump
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by Mowire: 3:47pm On May 14, 2009
naijacutee:

As someone earlier mentioned, the fight against corruption neither begins nor ends with Ribadu. We are all so eager to pledge for a better Nigeria, yet when the opportunity presents itself to act, we start pointing fingers at others "What about A?", "What about B?". By now, I'm sure that we can all agree that Ribadu is not the epitome of the fight against corruption. In fact, he is far from it. However, we cannot deny that he was at least a step into the waters which many of you opening your mouths here dare not cross. For the time he spent there, he did do something. There were many powers beyond his control, but he did work within his constraints to achieve remarkable results. Prior to his tenure, who dared question the obvious embezzlement of public funds by those in power? Even those who stood against it, and refuted it dared not act against it. Maybe they couldn't because they were not in a position to, but we find someone who was in a position to do something, and he did - yet we complain about the others who are untouched. I can't understand the way we reason, Nigerians.

I'm not here to sing Ribadus' praises, as he is only a fallible man like the rest of us, however he did something when given the opportunity regardless of whatever bottlenecks/whomeever it was he couldn't challenge. If you could have done better in his shoes, please share with us how.

Can everyone "see" the reasoning of this apologist? Most of them come up with the same line.
Re: To Those Who Will Stand Against Injustice - Let Us Save Ribadu by chidichris(m): 7:14pm On May 14, 2009
at least, am one of the first group of ppl who first noticed that ribadu was nothing but a well designed tool used by his holiness, saint obj to make himself the most high.
if we are not here to decieve ourselves, we will accept the fact that every regime or administration in nigeria had its own claimed corruption fighting agency. during the 1983 military coup, the then civilians govs were all arrested on corruption charges and were all detained. at the end of the day, the result of their actions will always say how good or bad they are.
if ribadu was not corrupt himself, how can he only probe abacha among all the ex-presidents in nigeria?
if ribadu was not corrupt, what will he tell nigerians about fani kayode, bode george, borrishade etc who all served during his time but are today facing trials?
why would a corruption fighting czar as he is called make withdrawal of electionary ambition an option to facing efcc?
he made nigerians to know that the money laundary case confirmed in the usa against andy uba was a civil case, is that not deciet at the highest order?

if there is anything nigeria and nigerians expect from ribadu today, it is a confession and appology.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ogun State Governorship, The Fact ! / Soludo’s Father’s Abduction: Ransom Reduced To N300m / Breaking News-president Yaradua Live On Nta Addressing The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.