Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,591 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Inflammatory Statements: Police Begins Investigation – Police I.G - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inflammatory Statements: Police Begins Investigation – Police I.G (643 Views)

Senate Begins Investigation Of Dino Melaye Over Alleged Certificate Scandal / Police Begins Budget Padding Probe, Gets Three Versions Of Budget / US Cautions Dokubo, Tompolo, Others Over Inflammatory Statements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inflammatory Statements: Police Begins Investigation – Police I.G by pendy79: 3:12pm On Feb 02, 2015
The Inspector-General of Police, Mr Suleiman Abba, said on Sunday that the force had begun investigation into inflammatory statements allegedly made some Niger-Delta ex-militants. Abba said this while fielding questions from newsmen shortly after the inauguration of some operational vehicles for police by President Goodluck Jonathan in Abuja.

However, he said that not every incident warrant arrest. “Do not forget it is not at every instance you arrest someone, sometimes, the best you do is to prepare yourselves, get your evidence first. “When you have your evidence, then you go into arrest. Arrest should normally come after the investigations, investigations are ongoing,’’ he said.

On whether the police need formal complaint on those statements, Abba said that the force did not need any formal complaint. “I am not aware that any of my officers have said that you require complaint over that – inflammatory statements by ex-militants. “Like I said investigations are going on, when it is the time to arrest, we will effect arrest,’’ the I-G said. On political thuggery, Abba said that all those involved in the act during political campaign rallies had been arrested, except the incidents in Rivers state, which were still being investigated. “There is no single incident during political rallies that arrests have not been made, except like I said earlier one or two incidents in Rivers, which investigation is still going on. “In all other incidents arrests have been made, even when the courts were on strike, we were still able to make arrangements where they (thugs) were properly secured. “Now that some of the courts are back, prosecution has already commenced in that regard, but remember it is not in every state that we witness thuggery,’’ he said. The I-G, who said that none of the political rallies had been disrupted by act of thuggery, expressed happiness that the exercise was gradually coming to an end. “Most of the leaders of the political parties have sent commendations to the fact that we are able to provide sufficient security for them.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/inflammatory-statements-police-begins-investigation-g/
Re: Inflammatory Statements: Police Begins Investigation – Police I.G by pendy79: 3:24pm On Feb 02, 2015
However, he said that not every incident warrant arrest. “Do not forget it is not at every instance you arrest someone, sometimes, the best you do is to prepare yourselves, get your evidence first. “When you have your evidence, then you go into arrest. Arrest should normally come after the investigations, investigations are ongoing,’’ he said.

the above quote indicate the problem with the eroding of the Powers of our National Institutions by the PDP.

In the words of the IG, not everybody can be arrested for making Inflammatory Statements, not if you made the statements in the Bayelsa State Government House and your statement is supportive of the President you all worship and adore and you're not a member of the APC like El-Rufai.

The IG needs evidence for something shown on NAtionAL Television before he acts with even the PDP Publicity Secretary distancing the party from the outburst of the so called militANTs who will find their squareroot when a proper President comes in by May 29 2015.

Nigeria is a joke of a country.
Re: Inflammatory Statements: Police Begins Investigation – Police I.G by dgr8truth(m): 3:51pm On Feb 02, 2015
Of course not everybody and every statement deserve an arrest. The statement is even more truer to me when I remember my arrest on December 24th 2013 for buying cow meat at 7:45pm in jigbale market in udu lga of delta state.

The Nigerian Police Force needs urgent and far reaching reforms else they will continue to phuck the azz of helpless nigerians.
Re: Inflammatory Statements: Police Begins Investigation – Police I.G by pendy79: 4:44pm On Feb 02, 2015
dgr8truth:
Of course not everybody and every statement deserve an arrest. The statement is even more truer to me when I remember my arrest on December 24th 2013 for buying cow meat at 7:45pm in jigbale market in udu lga of delta state.

The Nigerian Police Force needs urgent and far reaching reforms else they will continue to phuck the azz of helpless nigerians.

Don't mind the stupid IG, different set of rule for pro PDP and JonaTAN troublemakers with DSS trying its best to put all APC members in jail even based on assumed offence.

Monkey republic
Re: Inflammatory Statements: Police Begins Investigation – Police I.G by pendy79: 10:45pm On Feb 02, 2015
Does anyone have an idea of any arrest or invitation by the DSS since the outburst of the frustration of ex militants in Bayelsa government house.

(1) (Reply)

Inec People Were Attacked With Cutlass In Ebonyi State. Pic / New Nigeria National Anthem / Robert Mugabe Falls Down Steps; Aides Order Photographers To Delete Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.