Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

He Came To Set The Captives Free - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Came To Set The Captives Free (2641 Views)

They Came Out Of The Room Sweating, But She Said They Didn't Have Sex! / Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! / You Came In And Found This Monster Around Your Child. Your Reaction? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

He Came To Set The Captives Free by wordofhope: 1:40pm On Dec 29, 2008
HE CAME TO SET THE CAPTIVES FREE

After God finished the work of creation, God saw everything He had made, and, behold, it was very good. The most agitating question in our minds is the definition of a captive.
A captive is a prisoner. i.e he is a person that is imprisoned, locked up, enslaved, forcibly
confined or restrained. Also, he is somebody dominated by emotion. i.e he is somebody gripped by a strong emotion such as love or anger.

The thought of God towards men is that of peace, and to give them an unexpected end. Man was taken captive when satan caused him to sin against God, by doing contrary to God’s precept. You can never be a captive until you are compelled by a higher force, power or authority. The intention of God from the beginning is that man should have dominion over all other creatures. It has never been in the agenda of God for man to be dominated or ruled over. To be held captive means to be under the influence of a contrary power (satanic power) which trascends yours.

You are a captive, when your thought is contrary to your spirit, when you are manifesting what is not in conformity with your intentions, when you are not pleased with what you are doing, when what you are doing is not convenient, when you cannot even explain what is happening to you, when you cannot share what you are going through with anybody, when your achievement is not in commensurate with your efforts, when you don’t know the way out again, when you are tired of life and yourself, when you dream terrible dreams always, when you pray and your prayer remain unanswered for a long period of time, when all positive roads are closed against you, when no benefactor seems to come your way, when you work hard but with little or no result, when your dreams are not coming to reality, then, you need a higher power, authority or altar that will alter what the contrary power, authority or altar has altered in your life, family, business, career or endeavours.

There is a Man that has this HIGHER AUTHORITY AND POWER that will give you freedom, liberty or deliverance from all your bondages, His name is JESUS CHRIST. “Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow…”. Philipians 2:9-11. “And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying , All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth”. Matthew 28:18. Hear this, “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor,…, to preach deliverance to the captives…”. Luke 4:18. “For with God nothing shall be impossible”. Luke 1:37. “Thou hast ascended on high, thou has led captivity captive…”. Psalm 68:18.

Your sins and that of your forefathers can take you to captivity, but Jesus Christ will set you free from your captivity (bondage). “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free…, If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed" John 8:32, 36. “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me”. John 14:6.This is a word of comfort for you, “Shall the prey be taken from the mighty, or the lawful captive delivered? But thus saith the LORD, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee…”. Isaiah 49:24-25. Jesus will set you free if you can take the following steps:

Confess all yours sins and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour from now and forever. Jesus Loves you. Pray the following prayers;

 I release myself from every satanic stronghold and attachment in the name of Jesus.
 I break every satanic chains holding me down in the mighty name of Jesus.
 Let the fire of God destroy every satanic altar affecting my destiny.
 I take authority over all powers of darkness frustrating my life.
 I shall not be barren but be fruitful in life.
 Let all my oppressors be oppressed, and I declare myself free from every form of satanic oppression in Jesus Name.
 I neutralize all the evil deposits in my life and destiny by the blood of Jesus.

For prayer and counseling, contact (Word of Hope Ministry);
Telephone number: 08057384944 & 07030054379
Email: wordofhopem@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Fertile Men Wanted! Job Description: Get My Wife Pregnant! / What's The Best Way To Handle An Interfering Mother-in-law? / Wife Tricks Husband's Mistress Into Taking Abortion Pills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.