Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Like Nelson Mandela Like Mohammadu Buhari.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Like Nelson Mandela Like Mohammadu Buhari.. (1373 Views)

Mohammadu Buhari Is One Of Northern Oligarchs That've Kept Nigeria Down 4 50yrs / Congratulations!!! General Mohammadu Buhari... / General Mohammadu Buhari Leads President Jonathan In New Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Like Nelson Mandela Like Mohammadu Buhari.. by PStacks(m): 5:33pm On Feb 02, 2015
Lagos — Ahead of his inauguration today, US
President-elect, Barack Obama, paid tribute to
the late Rev. Martin Luther King Jr whose civil
rights movement in the 60s led to the
liberation of Black America and probably made
his election possible.
Two White House invitees from Africa, ex-
President of South Africa, Dr. Nelson Mandela,
and Nigeria's former military head of state,
Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, will attend the
inauguration in Washington DC.
Obama joined a community project to honour
King Jr. Monday was the national holiday
commemorating the birthday of the civil rights
leader who was felled by assassins' bullet in
Thousands have thronged the National Mall
where King Jr. stood more than 45 years ago
to utter his most famous speech: "I have a
dream".
"I have a dream that one day this nation will
rise and live out the true meaning of its creed.
We hold these truths self evident: that all men
are created equal... I have a dream today," he
said on August 28, 1963 in front of 250,000
people.
Two years later, the National Voting Rights Act
which guaranteed Southern blacks the right to
vote was passed into law. Without that law,
Obama's election would have been impossible.
He won with more than 90 per cent of black
votes. In a state such as North Carolina, 95 per
cent of black votes went to him, giving
Democrats the area for the first time since
1976. He beat Republican John McCain with
only one point, a huge victory in a state where
black students protested for months in order
to be served lunch at counters.
Obama also won 90 per cent of black votes in
Virginia, formerly the headquarters of
segregated America. From state to state, the
importance of the National Voting Rights Act
cannot be overemphasised.
Analysts have tried to reflect on the
significance of the swearing-in ceremony
taking place a day after King's birthday, at the
other end of the same Mall from where the "I
have a dream" speech was rendered.
The event is viewed as a powerful moment in
the history of the United States.
Ordinary Americans are also reflecting on the
extraordinary milestone achieved by a country
haunted by an ugly past. The question on the
lips of many is: will Obama's presidency fulfill
the entirety of King's dreams and goals?"
How will his presidency further racial equality,
expand opportunities for minorities as well as
deal with the failing economy?
It may be safe to say that this is a first step for
blacks who never thought they would see an
African-American sworn-in as president. For
those who did not believe that an African-
American would occupy the White House which
was erected with the toil and sweat of slaves,
tomorrow's event gives cause for hope.
There is renewed love for the country,
enthusiasm and commitment to service, as
evidenced by the number of people braving
the cold to witness the inauguration. The
President-elect is tapping into this spirit by
calling on all Americans to be part of the
journey to renew the country.
"I am asking you to make a lasting
commitment to make better the lives of your
fellow Americans - a commitment that must
endure beyond one day, or even one
presidency," he said. "At this moment of great
challenge and great change, I am asking you to
play your part, to roll up your sleeves and join
the work of remaking the nation," he added.
As he takes his oath of office with the same
Bible used by Abraham Lincoln, Obama carries
the hopes, dreams and aspirations of many the
world over. Americans, it seems, are willing to
cut him a slack at least for the first few years.
The impression is that they want him to
succeed.
He would have to live up to their expectations.
Meanwhile, Buhari will be one of the
dignitaries at today's inauguration of Obama.
According to the National Campaign Director
of the Buhari Organisation, Alhaji Buba
Galadima, Buhari would be attending the
inauguration as one of two special invitees of
the White House from Africa.
Galadima, who spoke with newsmen in Buji
local government area of Jigawa State, said the
ANPP Presidential candidate in the 2003 and
2007 elections alongside Mandela are "the
only men of honour invited from the entire
continent to witness the historic event
scheduled for Tuesday (today) in Washington
DC".
He explained that the White House sent the
special invitation letter through its embassy in
Nigeria, stressing that the invitation has
further shown that the international
community holds the retired general in high
esteem.

1 Like

Re: Like Nelson Mandela Like Mohammadu Buhari.. by PStacks(m): 5:42pm On Feb 02, 2015
People should carefully read this article and see how Nigeria in a way shares something with America.

America is a World-Power weather we like it or Not.

Nigeria is also a Continental Power atleast if not world Power, Nigeria is Giant of Africa.

Blacks have an history of Greatness. Blacks suffered But Today African-American Rules the world..

Where am I going with my story.

Great men have a way of locating themselves even in different generations.

Go thru that Article, All the Names mentioned there are great Men.

From Martin Luther king to Barrack Obama to Nelson Mandela and ofcourse to our very own General Muhammadu Buhari, The People's General.. OMG!

I want to be like Buhari when I'm Old. I'm not kidding.

Barrack Obama, Martin Luther king Jnr, Nelson Mandela and GMB AKA Ogbuagu!

They can say all the non-sense they want to say about GMB but Insha Allah #FeBuhari 14, I will wake up in the morning and pray to the Good Lawd for making me see that day, I will take my PVC and Kiss it, with Immediate Alacrity I'l Run to my Polling Station and Vote Buhari without Thinking Twice.

#Sai Buhari. #TeamGMB.

5 Likes

Re: Like Nelson Mandela Like Mohammadu Buhari.. by lomprico(m): 6:29pm On Feb 02, 2015
Was he imprisoned for 27 years?
Re: Like Nelson Mandela Like Mohammadu Buhari.. by PStacks(m): 6:41pm On Feb 02, 2015
grin
lomprico:
grin
lomprico:

grin cheesy

We all can't walk the same way. Life would have been too boring if we all did the same things.

We can't all follow thesame road.

Nelson Mandela Achieved Greatness from being Imprisoned Doesn't mean to be Great, everybody must be imprisoned.

There are plenty innocent and "Just" people fighting for Just Causes that ended up being imprisoned but didn't turn out like Nelson Mandela.

Was Martin Luther King Imprisoned?

Was Obama Imprisoned?

Was Abraham Lincoln imprisoned?

Have they Àll been Great in their different Endeavours or Not?

I'm so impressed General Buhari was deem fit to be likened to the Great Nelson Mandela Of Africa..

Sai Buhari..

3 Likes

Re: Like Nelson Mandela Like Mohammadu Buhari.. by lomprico(m): 7:00pm On Feb 02, 2015
PStacks:
grin grin

grin cheesy

We all can't walk the same way. Life would have been too boring if we all did the same things.

We can't all follow thesame road.

Nelson Mandela Achieved Greatness from being Imprisoned Doesn't mean to be Great, everybody must be imprisoned.

There are plenty innocent and "Just" people fighting for Just Causes that ended up being imprisoned but didn't turn out like Nelson Mandela.

Was Martin Luther King Imprisoned?

Was Obama Imprisoned?

Was Abraham Lincoln imprisoned?

Have they Àll been Great in their different Endeavours or Not?

I'm so impressed General Buhari was deem fit to be likened to the Great Nelson Mandela Of Africa..

Sai Buhari..
Ur topic likened buhari to mandela and not the other people u just mentioned. So again, was buhari imprisoned for 27years
Re: Like Nelson Mandela Like Mohammadu Buhari.. by avec1: 7:20pm On Feb 02, 2015
one fought for freedom, one enslaved his people for 20 Months and now want to come back, promising to free them. If he couldnt free them those 20 Months, why will he now?

1 Like

Re: Like Nelson Mandela Like Mohammadu Buhari.. by PStacks(m): 7:44pm On Feb 02, 2015
avec1:
one fought for freedom, one enslaved his people for 20 Months and now want to come back, promising to free them. If he couldnt free them those 20 Months, why will he now?

Isn't it an irony that the same one that fought for Freedom was in the same hall with the same one u claim imprisoned his people for 20 months?

Didn't the White House know Buhari imprisoned his people for 20 months before inviting him along side Nelson Mandela..

Why didn't the white house invite Ghadaffi, or Robert Mugabe or even IBB?

Why didn't the white house see in all of Africa whom to invite and invited Exclusively only Nelson Mandela And Buhari..

I bet you should please submit your report of how Buhari imprisoned his people for 20 months, so they can look into it, or you stop talking crap without fact because it seems you have some information the white house is not privileged to.

Contrary to your opinion, I think it is Jonathan that has imprisoned Nigerian and he still Doesn't "Give a Danm"...

Your I don't "Give a Danm" President sure doesn't give a Danm all the innocent lives lost in Maiduguri 2 days ago cos if he gave a Danm, Boko Haram is supposed to be history by now.

He still doesn't give a Danm, that's why under ur watch, Graduates were stampeded and killed in seeking bread at the Nigerian Immigration.

He still didn't give a Danm when 20 Billion dollars got missen under his watch.

We need someone that gives a Danm! We need Buhari..

2 Likes

Re: Like Nelson Mandela Like Mohammadu Buhari.. by PStacks(m): 7:46pm On Feb 02, 2015
lomprico:

Ur topic likened buhari to mandela and not the other people u just mentioned. So again, was buhari imprisoned for 27years

I answered ur question ¡y asking you if

Obama was imprisoned for 27 years?

Was sir Ahmadu Bello Imprisoned?

Was Obafemi Awolowo Imprisoned?

3 Likes

Re: Like Nelson Mandela Like Mohammadu Buhari.. by lomprico(m): 7:51pm On Feb 02, 2015
PStacks:

In fela's voice, 'simple YES or NO oh!'
Re: Like Nelson Mandela Like Mohammadu Buhari.. by PStacks(m): 9:52pm On Feb 02, 2015
lomprico:

In fela's voice, 'simple YES or NO oh!'

Answer Yes or No for my own too na.
Re: Like Nelson Mandela Like Mohammadu Buhari.. by avec1: 10:36pm On Feb 02, 2015
PStacks:

Isn't it an irony that the same one that fought for Freedom was in the same hall with the same one u claim imprisoned his people for 20 months?

Didn't the White House know Buhari imprisoned his people for 20 months before inviting him along side Nelson Mandela..

Why didn't the white house invite Ghadaffi, or Robert Mugabe or even IBB?

Why didn't the white house see in all of Africa whom to invite and invited Exclusively only Nelson Mandela And Buhari..

I bet you should please submit your report of how Buhari imprisoned his people for 20 months, so they can look into it, or you stop talking crap without fact because it seems you have some information the white house is not privileged to.

Contrary to your opinion, I think it is Jonathan that has imprisoned Nigerian and he still Doesn't "Give a Danm"...

Your I don't "Give a Danm" President sure doesn't give a Danm all the innocent lives lost in Maiduguri 2 days ago cos if he gave a Danm, Boko Haram is supposed to be history by now.

He still doesn't give a Danm, that's why under ur watch, Graduates were stampeded and killed in seeking bread at the Nigerian Immigration.

He still didn't give a Danm when 20 Billion dollars got missen under his watch.

We need someone that gives a Danm! We need Buhari..

your folly knows no bound... Did i in anyway compare him to whoever it is you're comparing him with in your article? its a pity you're blinded to reality, you believed a lie and defend it with your life, what makes you different from the suicide bombers used by Boko haram? they were deceived, they believed it and they put their life on the line-just like you. everything shouldn't be abt GEJ and GMB like you want us to believe, Two people were compared, i gave my opinion, does that in anyway mean i support his opponent (that was not in this article?) you're so dumb
Re: Like Nelson Mandela Like Mohammadu Buhari.. by avec1: 10:38pm On Feb 02, 2015
PStacks:

were all these people in your article or is your mental prowess incapacitated?
Re: Like Nelson Mandela Like Mohammadu Buhari.. by lomprico(m): 10:44pm On Feb 02, 2015
PStacks:

Answer Yes or No for my own too na.
I asked first
Re: Like Nelson Mandela Like Mohammadu Buhari.. by PStacks(m): 11:30pm On Feb 02, 2015
avec1:

your folly knows no bound... Did i in anyway compare him to whoever it is you're comparing him with in your article? its a pity you're blinded to reality, you believed a lie and defend it with your life, what makes you different from the suicide bombers used by Boko haram? they were deceived, they believed it and they put their life on the line-just like you. everything shouldn't be abt GEJ and GMB like you want us to believe, Two people were compared, i gave my opinion, does that in anyway mean i support his opponent (that was not in this article?) you're so dumb

Thank you Mr. Not so dumb.
Re: Like Nelson Mandela Like Mohammadu Buhari.. by PStacks(m): 11:32pm On Feb 02, 2015
avec1:

were all these people in your article or is your mental prowess incapacitated?

Ím sorry, Óga incapacÍtaÞÉd.

I ÑÓ hear oyinbo reach that levelñ speÀk §mall ÉÑgli§h wÉy Í understÀÑd.

Incapacitated pass my power abeg.
Re: Like Nelson Mandela Like Mohammadu Buhari.. by avec1: 9:35pm On Feb 03, 2015
PStacks:

Ím sorry, Óga incapacÍtaÞÉd.

I ÑÓ hear oyinbo reach that levelñ speÀk §mall ÉÑgli§h wÉy Í understÀÑd.

Incapacitated pass my power abeg.

Now you've been pummeled to the point you now speak alien language? you need help! lol

(1) (Reply)

In Response To Seun: Buhari's Military Rule... / If Buhari, Wins,how Will Amechi, Treat Jonathan And His Wife? / Federal Workers Pay Diverted For Helipad In Daura

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.