Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,478 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added (5732 Views)

Whatsapp Status Feature Now Live, Here Is How To Use It / BBM Rolls Out Video Calling Feature To Android And Ios / Problem Solved.easy Way To Activate Whatsapp Calling Feature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added by femi4: 9:39pm On Feb 02, 2015
WhatsApp has finally integrated voice call functionality into the world’s most popular instant messaging app. The WhatsApp call feature hasn’t arrived to everyone, so don’t be surprised if you don’t yet have the added functionality, but rest assured, it is coming, and soon.

The story was broken on Reddit, when a user by the name of Pradnesh Patil (pradnesh07) posted some screenshots showing a Calls tab in the app and later a video showing the functionality in action.

All you need to do to get the new feature is download the latest version of the app (v2.11.508) via WhatsApp’s website here and sideload it (you’ll need to enable Unknown Sources in your Security settings first) and get yourself an invitation to use the new feature from someone that already has it.

You’ll also need to be running Android 4.4 KitKat (although WhatsApp voice calling has also been reported by some users running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean). The most success seems to be coming from Lollipop-based phones though.

Several attempts have been made to understand the invite system, because not everyone seems to be able to activate the new feature, even with the new version, an invite and KitKat on their phone. Nevertheless, the feature has been confirmed by multiple users and doesn’t seem to be geo-specific or server based.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5-UfVwoKf8

http://www.androidpit.com/whatsapp-call-feature-here-s-how-to-get-whatsapp-voice-calling
Re: Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 02, 2015
Nice Feature.. WhatsApp tryna put BBM outta the League...
Re: Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added by Spactacle(m): 9:58pm On Feb 02, 2015
Good deal development though..., Can't wait for it
Re: Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added by Wuuworld(m): 9:59pm On Feb 02, 2015
Ok
Re: Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added by nani667: 10:00pm On Feb 02, 2015
Yeah... I already activated the feature on my Whatsapp earlier.... It only works on the latest Whatsapp version, that isn't even on Playstore yet.... Plus the calling feature was only released to some select few beta testers... Whatsapp has currently cancelled the beta testing tho... So no more calls for now

My screenshot ⬇⬇⬇⬇

Re: Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added by fatdon2(m): 10:17pm On Feb 02, 2015
Thank God, i wont waste my airtime calling chioma, bola, angela and blessing again. Whatsapp thank you o!

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added by Nobody: 11:56pm On Feb 02, 2015
na lie
Re: Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added by femi4: 12:14am On Feb 03, 2015
penquin:
na lie
Doubting thomas
Re: Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added by Abduletudaye(m): 9:42am On Feb 03, 2015
femi4:
Doubting thomas

Uncle Femi, is this how OS 7 users downwards will be looking like mumu?? Is it just for android and OS10?
Re: Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added by femi4: 9:49am On Feb 03, 2015
Abduletudaye:

Uncle Femi, is this how OS 7 users downwards will be looking like mumu?? Is it just for android and OS10?
App developers and upgrades are no longer interested in BlackBerry platform especially OS 7 downwards

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added by Abduletudaye(m): 10:03am On Feb 03, 2015
femi4:
App developers and upgrades are no longer interested in BlackBerry platform especially OS 7 downwards

Kai..the reason why I haven't upgraded from my bold5 is because of no money..I should be using Q10, Iphone5, Android by now sad..

It is well sha..I won't run faster than my shadow
Re: Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added by femi4: 10:04am On Feb 03, 2015
Abduletudaye:

Kai..the reason why I haven't upgraded from my bold5 is because of no money..I should be using Q10, Iphone5, Android by now sad..

It is well sha..I won't run faster than my shadow
You can go for innjoo product

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added by Abduletudaye(m): 10:06am On Feb 03, 2015
femi4:
You can go for innjoo product

Innjoo is a good device too.. My twin just got a tab for himself..1Gb Ram and 16Gb Memory..but me..I just don't like tablets rara.. I prefer something that will be portable and used to make phone calls aswell as surfing the web..

Anyway, na money kill am..he's working and am not..na like 17k sha.. sad
Re: Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added by femi4: 10:09am On Feb 03, 2015
Abduletudaye:

Innjoo is a good device too.. My twin just got a tab for himself..1Gb Ram and 16Gb Memory..but me..I just don't like tablets rara.. I prefer something that will be portable and used to make phone calls aswell as surfing the web..

Anyway, na money kill am..he's working and am not..na like 17k sha.. sad
innjoo note or innjoo i2s @ around 22k is ok

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added by Abduletudaye(m): 10:12am On Feb 03, 2015
femi4:
innjoo note or innjoo i2s @ around 22k is ok

Innjoo tab sha....I keep wondering how you have this vast knowledge of blackberries...
Re: Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added by femi4: 10:15am On Feb 03, 2015
Abduletudaye:

Innjoo tab sha....I keep wondering how you have this vast knowledge of blackberries...
note is different from tab

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added by Abduletudaye(m): 10:17am On Feb 03, 2015
femi4:
note is different from tab

You know all these things than me jor...oya how's work?
Re: Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added by femi4: 10:22am On Feb 03, 2015
Abduletudaye:

You know all these things than me jor...oya how's work?
The note looks like Samsung note...it just the normal dual sim android phone with a wider screen of about 5.5 inch.

The tab is the normal tablet that can be with or without sim slot

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added by Edunwa302(m): 10:30am On Feb 03, 2015
Wow Kul
Re: Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added by Abduletudaye(m): 11:43am On Feb 03, 2015
femi4:
The note looks like Samsung note...it just the normal dual sim android phone with a wider screen of about 5.5 inch.

The tab is the normal tablet that can be with or without sim slot

Hmm...ok sir....
Re: Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added by TechyGirl(f): 1:13pm On Feb 12, 2015
Hey @Femi4 my website is now live cheesy : check www.
Re: Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added by femi4: 1:22pm On Feb 12, 2015
TechyGirl:
Hey @Femi4 my website is now live cheesy : check www.
Alright babe, checking it out now
Re: Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added by izikjon(m): 3:10pm On Feb 12, 2015
Wow.....nice development
Re: Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added by TechyGirl(f): 9:55am On Feb 13, 2015
femi4:
Alright babe, checking it out now

Alright smiley Let me know what you think
Re: Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added by femi4: 10:37am On Feb 13, 2015
TechyGirl:

Alright smiley Let me know what you think
Very nice and very light. You even have Download sections. As time go on, create a column by the side for trending/hot topics
Re: Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added by TechyGirl(f): 2:57pm On Feb 13, 2015
femi4:
Very nice and very light. You even have Download sections. As time go on, create a column by the side for trending/hot topics

Okay thanks Femi smiley
Re: Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added by simdam500(m): 11:20am On Mar 04, 2015
I can't wait for this development to be official.... I need it like right now cry cry
Re: Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added by tvreporter: 12:37pm On Jun 14, 2015
How To Use Whatsapp Voice Call to Make Calls Feature appears than you should know that whatsapp voice call has been activated or whatsapp voice call has been enabled. For you to know the whatsapp call tab, it will show, your detailed call log also will be shown, it will show you your call log also it will show you a dial. icon to show that this number can be dialed or has been dialed http://www.techcules.com/whatsapp-voice-call/
Re: Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added by tvreporter: 8:47pm On Jun 16, 2015
Whatsapp is not just in a few country, but rather whatsapp is almost in all countries all over the world. this is not just in one country it provide voices call to all whatsapp user all over the world. http://www.techcules.com/whatsapp-voice-call/
Re: Whatsapp Voice Calling Feature Now Added by tvreporter: 7:58pm On Jun 17, 2015
How To Use Whatsapp Voice Call to Make Calls: If you know that one day whatsapp will be introducing something like this you will not be surprise, so lets on with the benefit and the reason why whatsapp has chosen this path to call whatsapp user. http://www.techcules.com/whatsapp-voice-call/

(1) (Reply)

Lenovo K5 Note Launched : Another Monster Is Born / Apple Fixes Facetime Security Bug, Apologies To Users. / Downloads For Latest Games And Apps On Nokia 128x160 Phones!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.