Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,246 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Civil Group Asks Iweala To Account For Alleged Missing N30tn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Civil Group Asks Iweala To Account For Alleged Missing N30tn (722 Views)

Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots / Court Orders Okonjo-Iweala To Account For Missing N30tn / PDP, APC Reps’ Clash Over Alleged Stolen N30tn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Civil Group Asks Iweala To Account For Alleged Missing N30tn by Nobody: 1:33am On Feb 03, 2015
A civil society group, Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP), on Monday sent a Freedom of Information (FOI) law request to the Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, urging her to “urgently provide information about spending of the alleged missing N30tn, which represents some accruable income to the Federal Government in the past four years.”

SERAP’s request followed the disclosure by the former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo that over N30tn was missing, stolen, or simply mismanaged under Okonjo-Iweala’s watch.

President Goodluck Jonathan has routinely cited the Freedom Of Information law as one of his administration’s achievements, however, it is common knowledge that FOI requests have gone unanswered.

In its FOI request, SERAP also threatened to “take all appropriate legal actions under the Freedom of Information Act to compel” the minister to comply with the request if “the information is not provided to us within 14 days of the receipt and/or publication of this letter.”

“As a key agency of government, the Ministry of Finance has a sacred duty to ensure that the country’s resources and wealth is used solely to fulfill the basic economic and social rights of all Nigerians and achieve the country’s overall socio-economic development. This implies providing strong leadership in the efforts to curb public sector corruption and to refer to appropriate anticorruption agencies any allegations of corruption in which any agencies of government may be involved or officials of your Ministry may be complicit,” SERAP added.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/02/02/freedom-information-civil-group-asks-finance-minister-account-alleged-missing-n30tn-or
Re: Civil Group Asks Iweala To Account For Alleged Missing N30tn by hyfr(m): 2:01am On Feb 03, 2015
Why I don't believe sahara reporters news again is something I dunno. Hope this one is true,and even at that i trust her to deliver,if it were that other nigga he'd have given one excuse not to deliver just like he did in the debates and some paper stuff grin
Re: Civil Group Asks Iweala To Account For Alleged Missing N30tn by nzeadachie: 2:01am On Feb 03, 2015
SHARIA REPORTERS (ACCORDING TO INSIDER)

1 Like

Re: Civil Group Asks Iweala To Account For Alleged Missing N30tn by hyfr(m): 2:05am On Feb 03, 2015
Wow just did some maths. Assuming we're 190million total in nigeria, that 30trillion can AT LEAST(may be higher) provide each nigerian with 1million naira. grin. Mathematicians are allowed, I no use calculator, na wetin my spirit minister to me now
Re: Civil Group Asks Iweala To Account For Alleged Missing N30tn by hyfr(m): 2:07am On Feb 03, 2015
nzeadachie:
SHARIA REPORTERS (ACCORDING TO INSIDER)
Godspeed bro I thought I was the only one who noticed this sahara crew
Re: Civil Group Asks Iweala To Account For Alleged Missing N30tn by akinsadeez(m): 2:19am On Feb 03, 2015
She will not account for anything. She will only ask her lapdog of a special assistant to cook up some figures, wrap some big big words and terms around it and release it to the press as a response.
As long as Jonathan continues to perpetuate the culture of impunity which he has created things like this would to happen. This is a president who shielded his petroleum minister when she openly defied the invitation of the National assembly and nothing came out of it. This is a man who defended Stella oduah to the end despite clear evidence of her corrupt practices. This is a man who gave alamieseigha, a notorious thief a presidential pardon. Okojo Iweala will not account for anything and nothing will happen. Jonathan is corruption personified.

1 Like

Re: Civil Group Asks Iweala To Account For Alleged Missing N30tn by courage54(m): 2:31am On Feb 03, 2015
Good
Re: Civil Group Asks Iweala To Account For Alleged Missing N30tn by lilbabyak(m): 3:12am On Feb 03, 2015
Very simple. Its under her cheeks and inside her gele
Re: Civil Group Asks Iweala To Account For Alleged Missing N30tn by bizlifelines(m): 3:18am On Feb 03, 2015
I kept wondering if it's not the same Okonjo-Iweala that worked with Obasanjo.
What has changed? undecided
I am beginning to doubt if Nigerians will not demand for her probe after leaving office.

1 Like

Re: Civil Group Asks Iweala To Account For Alleged Missing N30tn by Pavore9: 4:48am On Feb 03, 2015
Let us not drag politics into it, lf such amount is truly missing Ngozi Okonjo-lweala has a moral obligation before God and man to render a true account to Nigerians.
Re: Civil Group Asks Iweala To Account For Alleged Missing N30tn by edo3(m): 4:56am On Feb 03, 2015
This woman don kill us oo.
Re: Civil Group Asks Iweala To Account For Alleged Missing N30tn by jaybee3(m): 5:00am On Feb 03, 2015
bizlifelines:
I kept wondering if it's not the same Okonjo-Iweala that worked with Obasanjo.
What has changed? undecided
I am beginning to doubt if Nigerians will not demand for her probe after leaving office.
She probably got greedy

(1) (Reply)

The Dictator We Know Is Better Than The Clueless We Don't Want. / If February Is Febuhari, Is March Marchuari? / Outcome Of Buhari's Interview On Aljazeera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.