Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,903 members, 7,821,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos (32142 Views)

Newborn Baby Wrapped With Blanket Dumped In An Uncompleted Building In Edo(pics) / Man Takes Poison After Son Caught Him Attempting To Rape Daughter / Gunmen Shot Dead Lagos Tailor In Uncompleted Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos by dre11(m): 8:12am On Feb 03, 2015
Residents of Ile-Iwe community in the Meiran area of Lagos State say they were shocked to see the dangling body of a stranger in an uncompleted building in the area.

Some of the residents told PUNCH Metro that the victim was on Thursday brought down dead from the rope with which he hung himself.

They added that efforts by the people in the community and the police to identify him had proved abortive.

Our correspondent gathered that the stranger, who wore a white caftan, took his life between Wednesday night and Thursday morning after sneaking into the building in the night of Wednesday.

The incident happened on Lawal Unity Street, Meiran, Ile-Iwe bus stop. The uncompleted building is isolated from the rest of the houses in the area.

A resident, Adebayo Salami, said nobody knew the man and attempts to find his relatives had not yielded any result.

He said, “I was called on Thursday morning and told that somebody had died in a building.

“My initial thought was that it was somebody living in the area, but when we got there, we discovered that it was an uncompleted building and the man was a stranger.”

Salami added that the victim might have committed suicide to cover up a secret or run away from a consequence.

A community leader, Samuel Oroja, said the traditional ruler of the community had been informed of the development and plans were on to conduct rites to forestall a recurrence.

“I have called some other elders, including the traditional ruler, to notify them so that we can know what to do about the corpse.

“Nobody knows the man or where he came from. We have reported the matter at the Meiran Police Station.

“What we will do now is to prepare rites and make sacrifices to forestall a recurrence of unnatural death like this because this is a bad sign for the community,” he added.

However the Police Public Relations Officer, Kenneth Nwosu, said the police had identified the victim as Mosunmola Raphael, a 28-year-old man.

Nwosu said, “His relatives came to identify him and they said he had mental problem. His corpse has been released to the family after they presented some documents.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/man-hangs-self-in-uncompleted-building-in-lagos/

http://pulse.ng/gist/lifes-trouble-disturbed-man-hangs-self-in-uncompleted-building-id3451885.html

1 Share

Re: Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos by Islie: 10:54am On Feb 03, 2015
Salami added that the victim might have
committed suicide to cover up a secret or run
away from a consequence.

so, everyone that commit suicide must be as a result of covering a secret

how can some just come to that conclusion.....
people sha

cc lalasticlala pls can you do the needful here, thanks

9 Likes

Re: Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos by dre11(m): 5:35pm On Feb 03, 2015
Islie:

so, everyone that commit suicide must be as a result of covering a secret

how can some just come to that conclusion.....
people sha

cc lalasticlala pls can you do the needful here, thanks

Dou you mind the thinking of some Nigerians

What we will do now is to prepare rites and make sacrifices to forestall a recurrence of unnatural death like this because this is a bad sign for the community,” he added.

Will sacrifices stop the occurrence of something like thisundecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos by holatin(m): 5:40pm On Feb 03, 2015
ewooo dats horrible.
say no to suicide
RIP
I WILL RATHER KILL MYSELF THAN COMMIT SUICIDE.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos by falconey(m): 5:40pm On Feb 03, 2015
Who is to blame? APC or PDP? R.I.p

1 Like

Re: Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos by Ericardo7(m): 5:40pm On Feb 03, 2015
Sad news....I wonder what frustrated him to that extent.
BTW 5th to comment..

All those people wey dey first me comment so, if I swear for una, e go catch una oooooo
Re: Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos by Daniel058(m): 5:40pm On Feb 03, 2015
A very big mistake.... ...though I can't tell the level of his mental problem...

1 Like

Re: Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos by wiringdpt(m): 5:40pm On Feb 03, 2015
Rip
Re: Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos by Goahead(m): 5:41pm On Feb 03, 2015
RIP
Re: Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos by Ilekeh(f): 5:41pm On Feb 03, 2015
LOL..........wireless and bluetooth villagers.
Re: Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos by mtprofessor5(m): 5:42pm On Feb 03, 2015
Y

Modified

"They said he had mental problem"

He was depressed jaree

5 Likes

Re: Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 03, 2015
See wetin apc cause! He promised blood shed in 2015, and hez fulfilling it. Denying us our rite to live!
Sai jona
Re: Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos by Chiefpriest1(m): 5:43pm On Feb 03, 2015
Really disgusting. Nobody has a right to take their lives. The life you live is not yours. You cant take what doesn't belong to you.

Unfortunate that this man was mentally unstable and yet he was allowed to roam about. RIP
Re: Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos by adexsimply(m): 5:43pm On Feb 03, 2015
I'll rather kill myself than commit suicide
Re: Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos by mencade4: 5:44pm On Feb 03, 2015
dont you ever kill urself becos of a woman.

Tanx
Re: Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos by Situation001(m): 5:44pm On Feb 03, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 03, 2015
Suicide is not an option...

1 Like

Re: Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos by Mega72(m): 5:45pm On Feb 03, 2015
Straight to hell fire,satan will be very happy to welcme more like him..nomata what,u should not take ur life,things must deff change.
Re: Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos by Udodasco1(m): 5:45pm On Feb 03, 2015
Chia eyah
Re: Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos by Glowstone(m): 5:45pm On Feb 03, 2015
рпп
Re: Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos by ShakurM(m): 5:45pm On Feb 03, 2015
Suicide: Permanent solution to a temporary problem!

3 Likes

Re: Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos by Matildahenshaw(f): 5:46pm On Feb 03, 2015
suicide is never the answer--- SUICIDE simply means killing that one person you can actually change.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos by priscaoge(f): 5:46pm On Feb 03, 2015
Suicide is never an option
Re: Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos by dahdah: 5:47pm On Feb 03, 2015
Eeya
Re: Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos by Matildahenshaw(f): 5:47pm On Feb 03, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
See wetin apc cause! He promised blood shed in 2015, and hez fulfilling it. Denying us our rite to live!
Sai jona
pple and their way of reasoning self..Chai!!!

1 Like

Re: Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos by Vivipop(f): 5:47pm On Feb 03, 2015
Good heaven! How is it that a human being can have so much threshold for pain to be able to take his own life through strangulation?
Re: Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos by englishmart(m): 5:47pm On Feb 03, 2015
the man is useless afterall

Sorry to say. No useful person will take thoughts on going suicidal....
Re: Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos by tejpot(m): 5:48pm On Feb 03, 2015
What a life!
Re: Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos by Johnnoo(m): 5:49pm On Feb 03, 2015
Check this dude very well, he's not a Nigerian cool
Re: Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos by baysmith(m): 5:49pm On Feb 03, 2015
May God forgive him
Re: Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos by holatin(m): 5:49pm On Feb 03, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Sai jona
you are very dumb,clueless,indiscreet,stewpid,pointless and shallow.

brainless animal in human skin

3 Likes

Re: Man Takes His Life In Uncompleted Building In Lagos by Nobody: 5:50pm On Feb 03, 2015
Nneka123 ...that chat we had about people going crazy, I'm serious o. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Teenage Cult Members Arrested In Ogun With Dangerous Weapons / Dollar 'palaver': Prostitute Stabs Man Over Price Increase / Man Who Defrauds People on Instagram & Whatsapp Arrested In Ibadan (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.