Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

What Does It Mean To Sing Hymn In One's Sleep? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does It Mean To Sing Hymn In One's Sleep? (970 Views)

Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs / What Is Your Favourite Hymn? / Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Mean To Sing Hymn In One's Sleep? by 11Eleven: 10:00am On Feb 03, 2015
I have had experiences singing hymns in my sleep. Am not a church goer, but used to attend in the past. But I like praising God. Prior to the recent one. I was singing "Let us with Gladsome mind, Praise The Lord For He is Kind, For His mercy Shall Endure, Ever Faithful Ever Sure."

Last Night, I was Singing " Blessed Assurance, Jesus Is Mine, Oh What a Foretaste Of Glory Divine."

1. Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine;
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.

Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.

Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest;
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

Does anyone also have similar experiences. And why does it usually occur.?
Re: What Does It Mean To Sing Hymn In One's Sleep? by ammyluv2002(f): 10:05am On Feb 03, 2015
what? write your will ASAP #joking

I guess, your soul is at peace with God
Re: What Does It Mean To Sing Hymn In One's Sleep? by 11Eleven: 10:07am On Feb 03, 2015
Haha... I have no will. Got Nothing In this World. I came with Nothing. cheesy
Re: What Does It Mean To Sing Hymn In One's Sleep? by jamex93(m): 10:12am On Feb 03, 2015
I don't know wat it means, but I smell some thing good
Re: What Does It Mean To Sing Hymn In One's Sleep? by eyeview: 10:20am On Feb 03, 2015
Yep. It usually starts around the early hours of the morning,hence you see yourself waking up with the song in your mouth. Am still trying to decipher it though,but I believe its some sort of spiritual connection with the heavenly when our soul is most at rest
Re: What Does It Mean To Sing Hymn In One's Sleep? by 11Eleven: 10:21am On Feb 03, 2015
jamex93. Probably. I have had to look at the wordings of the song. If there is a message been passed across. smiley
Re: What Does It Mean To Sing Hymn In One's Sleep? by 11Eleven: 10:25am On Feb 03, 2015
Eyeview. Each experience looks real. Sometimes, I feel there is something strange about me.
Re: What Does It Mean To Sing Hymn In One's Sleep? by eyeview: 10:56am On Feb 03, 2015
Even though you have since left the church,the Lord has not left you. There is nothing strange to it. You have a special place in Him and He has a purpose for you and its in it lies your blessings and breakthrough.

(1) (Reply)

Is It A Sin To Miss Church On Sunday?? / PHOTO: See the Demon In This Preacher's Heart! / Instagram User Shares Message From A Scammer Claiming To Be Pst. Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.