Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,676 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP (15619 Views)

Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President / Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 –PDP / Photos Of People Running Away From Home Over Boko Haram Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP by lekanbad: 12:40pm On Feb 03, 2015
Buhari lacks indepth intellectual capacity to discuss Nigeria's issues and it is evident in why he is avoiding the debates.ordinarily any presidential candidate will take the opportunity of presenting his policies and programmes to people through a debate session that will reach almost everybody.it behoves on Nigerians especially the young generation to determine who it is they want lead them.one with intellectual capacity to govern or one who shy away because of lack of capacity.
Re: Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP by techlegs: 12:40pm On Feb 03, 2015
gateleo:

Come May 29, 2015 when GMB will be sworn in, you will definitely celebrate with us.... Ordinary Nigerians are strongly behind GMB come Feb.14.
Its toooooooooo lateeeeeeee PDP, even if you guys like it, tell us Buhari is not a Nigerian we shall all Vote for him come Feb. 2014.....

APC CHANGEEEEEEEEE
SAI Buhari
SAI Nigeria

Stop deceiving yourself bro, Buhari is dead on arrival right from the day he emerged winner of the APC presidential nomination. Secondly, if he and his APC party is taking the issue of his result lying low & affidavits, then I pity them so much because very soon things will take an unprecedented turn that will see APC popularity fade away in a twinkle.
Re: Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP by WisdomFlakes: 12:47pm On Feb 03, 2015
Tonylyte:

Why shout ''change'' like a rabid nfested dog, if u still wanna behave like gej?

Let's just say that General Buhari is just balancing the equation naw. You GEJ folks now want us to forget GEJ's own history in this regard, right? You want to apply a different standard to Buhari now? For your mind!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP by CJ310(m): 12:49pm On Feb 03, 2015
Buhari should just prove these fools wrong and do one bloody debate. Just one. Even if he messes up, he's got my vote but I don't like this trend of avoiding debates.
Re: Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP by Tonylyte(m): 12:51pm On Feb 03, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

Let's just say that General Buhari is just balancing the equation naw. You GEJ folks now want us to forget GEJ's own history in this regard, right? You want to apply a different standard to Buhari now? For your mind!
Your reasoning is far different from your name. U hate gej yet u wanna behave like him.
Re: Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP by emperorlog: 12:51pm On Feb 03, 2015
Heaven didn't fall when OBJ refused to debate with Olu Falae....yet he still won the elections. People should leave Buhari alone, u don't take a General for a fool...he spotted the insincerity and had since moved past that. Debate or no debate, CHANGE is what we want. Sai Baba... Sai Buhari
Re: Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP by unite4real: 12:53pm On Feb 03, 2015
Re: Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP by unite4real: 12:54pm On Feb 03, 2015
DID JONATHAN ATTEND 2011 DEBATE?

THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME SOMEONE IS DECLINING AND BESIDES, IT IS NOT COMPULSORY.

I AM OK WITH THE TOWN HALL MEETING INSTEAD OF THE "ARRANGEE" DEBATE
Re: Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP by Nobody: 12:57pm On Feb 03, 2015
What is the biggie about this debate self?many past presdents,including GEJ did not participate in the so called debate.losers always want to debate.
Re: Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP by PastorOla1: 1:00pm On Feb 03, 2015
This PDP statement is coming too late, we av all made up our kind to VOTE OUT GEJ B4 NOW.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP by adanny01(m): 1:03pm On Feb 03, 2015
When GEJ ran away from debate in 2011 he was rejected. Nonsense from Otuoke
Re: Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP by killuminati(m): 1:07pm On Feb 03, 2015
Rilwayne001:
PDP please stop crying.

We are not doing any DEBATE rather we will be interracting one-on-one with Nigerias www.nairaland.com/2126593/buhari-begins-town-hall-meetings

"He who run away from debate always win election" - grin grin Rilwayne. Ask Jonathan in 2011 election.. he didnt attend any debate and won the election. We are doing the same now.

By the way, I don't remember Nigerians making a fuss the last time GEJ refused to appear in a debate. So why the drama over GMB refusal? - Obj
It's true o! Abeg, we go debate! We don win o, we don win!

Where is D'Banj? He should come and engage our president in a debate o grin
Re: Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP by WisdomFlakes: 1:09pm On Feb 03, 2015
Tonylyte:

Your reasoning is far different from your name. U hate gej yet u wanna behave like him.

Dude, don't get it twisted. I don't hate GEJ, I don't have to hate him. Just had enough of his gov't already. His administration has been weighed on a scale and found wanting. Most Nigerians are unwilling to bear another 4 more years of this. Ready for CHANGE.

Now, can YOU say, with a straight face, that you don't HATE Buhari??
Re: Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP by PassingShot(m): 1:13pm On Feb 03, 2015
calebo101:
APC opted for the town hall meetings where dem go gather illiterates deceive. See as some 700 naira naira/day Internet warriors dey hail the decision yesterday. Illiterate candidate, dumb supporters.

Buhari should debate and tell us his plans on live TV so that we can know if indeed he has any plan at all. It's shameful that he's been shielded by his party. It simply shows they have something to hide.

You have no idea what town hall meetings are. Go figure out!
Re: Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 03, 2015
Useless PDP. When Jonathan debated with ghosts in 2011 you failed to make noise.
Re: Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP by Tonylyte(m): 1:19pm On Feb 03, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

Dude, don't get it twisted. I don't hate GEJ, I don't have to hate him. Just had enough of his gov't already. His administration has been weighed on a scale and found wanting. Most Nigerians are unwilling to bear another 4 more years of this. Ready for CHANGE.

Now, can YOU say, with a straight face, that you don't HATE Buhari??

I dont hate buhari, neither do i like him. What is wrong with gejs govt? What is the reality on ground that makes u believe buhari will do better than gej? Stop been hypothetical, nigeria is way beyond that.
Re: Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP by WisdomFlakes: 1:29pm On Feb 03, 2015
Tonylyte:

I dont hate buhari, neither do i like him. What is wrong with gejs govt? What is the reality on ground that makes u believe buhari will do better than gej? Stop been hypothetical, nigeria is way beyond that.

For starters, there's a massacre being commandeered by a band of thugs by the name boko haram, under his watch. Over 10,000 Nigerian lives lost as a result, under his watch. Over a million Nigerians have become refugees in their own country coz our government has ceded territory larger than some European countries to boko haram, under his watch.

He has presided over arguably the most corrupt government in Nigeria's history. He's quick to claim credit for his infrastructural successes but also quick to blame external forces for his deficiencies and leadership failures. He's too timid to tackle the myriad of problems confronting this country, especially insecurity and corruption -- if the past 4 years are a litmus test. CHANGE we need. Buhari is that change
Re: Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP by GBASKY: 1:31pm On Feb 03, 2015
Mogidi:
REJECTED 2003, 2007, 2011, 2015 and if he's back in 2019 am sure Ribadu will teach him another lesson.

First Nigerian Presidential candidate to be beaten by three candidates.
OBJ
Ya'r Adua
GEJ (twice)
Time to Retire the pensioner Buhari.

P.D.P PEOPLE DESTROYING PEOPLE,
THUNDER STRIKE U ALLLLL NATURAL BORN ARMED ROBBERS DESTROYERS ENEMIES OF POSITIVE AND PROGRESSIVE CHANGE,
Re: Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP by Orikinla(m): 1:33pm On Feb 03, 2015
[size=18pt]PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE IS NOT BY FORCE.
APC can ignore t.

Press interviews are more important than presidential debates before elections.

According Neil O'Brien of the Daily Telegraph of UK, Presidential Debates "are becoming increasingly dishonest in our system."

Majority of Nigerian voters will not see the presidential debate, because they don’t have access to electricity.

Why That Crappy Presidential Debate Won't Change Anyone's Mind
http://www.alternet.org/election-2012/why-crappy-presidential-debate-wont-change-anyones-mind

Senate rejects compulsory presidential debates
The Senate has rejected a proposal that sought to amend the Electoral Act to make pre-election debate among presidential candidates compulsory.

It held that election debates should remain outside the purview of the law.

However, it approved a clause giving the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) liberty to determine the voting procedure at an election, thereby removing the prohibition on electronic voting.

These followed the consideration of the report of its Committee on Constitution Review in respect of 'A bill for an act to amend the Electoral Act 2010 to provide for tenure of office of secretary, power to issue duplicate voters card, determine voting procedure and for other related matters, 2014.

Presenting the report, Senate Leader, Victor Ndoma-Egba, disclosed that the proposal seeking to place the responsibility of proving the regularity or otherwise of any election on INEC was also discarded.

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/151699/23/senate-rejects-compulsory-presidential-debates.html

When candidates said 'no' to debates
By Bob Greene, CNN Contributor
updated 7:43 AM EDT, Mon October 1, 2012
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/09/30/opinion/greene-debates/

[/size]
Re: Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP by beloved23: 1:56pm On Feb 03, 2015
GMB attended 2003,2007 and 2011 and your so called GEJ didnt attend the 2007 edition, instead he called dbanj to come and interview him. Enough of bloodshed in our country, we want change.#SaiBuhari #APC
Re: Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP by boytie: 2:02pm On Feb 03, 2015
calebo101:
APC opted for the town hall meetings where dem go gather illiterates deceive. See as some 700 naira naira/day Internet warriors dey hail the decision yesterday. Illiterate candidate, dumb supporters.

Buhari should debate and tell us his plans on live TV so that we can know if indeed he has any plan at all. It's shameful that he's been shielded by his party. It simply shows they have something to hide.

It is even more shameful that some Buharians are so blind in their followership of Buhari that they still think it doesn't matter if he turns down debates. I tell you the truth, the facts on the ground on infrastructure, mass transit, agriculture, the economy, petrol availability, education etc makes the APC scared because they will be floored in any debate. Buhari has no strengths in any debate if the issue is outside insecurity and corruption. Buhari should come out and tell us how exactly he will generate 40000mw of electricity in 4years, fight corruption (when the people backing him are all corrupt goons), eradicate book haram and achieve (lets say even) twice what Jonathan achieved in agriculture, mass transit (rail revitalization), infrastructure, job creation, etc. If I had decided to vote for Buhari, this decision not to honor debate would have made me change my mind. APC certainly has something to hide or are afraid that the facts do not favour them.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP by Gigateem(m): 2:08pm On Feb 03, 2015
calebo101:

Maybe you don't know, let me inform you;
You av one vote, d 'illiterates' av one too.
You may be discouraged at d sight of a long queue on election day, d 'illiterates' will wait,
And then many ppl are so poor they don't even av a TV to watch d debate, d few that av can't watch courtesy PHCN.
And if those that attended the Lagos biz town hall meeting are illiterates, then ppl like us will gladly add stack to our own 'illiterate' title.
Re: Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP by papushki(m): 2:40pm On Feb 03, 2015
So we are done with certificate ,,, it's now debate abi, maybe dis will be the last against Buhari since election is so near abi pdp still get another God pls let dis election come I beg I don taya for d whole tin
Re: Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP by Tonylyte(m): 2:43pm On Feb 03, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

For starters, there's a massacre being commandeered by a band of thugs by the name boko haram, under his watch. Over 10,000 Nigerian lives lost as a result, under his watch. Over a million Nigerians have become refugees in their own country coz our government has ceded territory larger than some European countries to boko haram, under his watch.

He has presided over arguably the most corrupt government in Nigeria's history. He's quick to claim credit for his infrastructural successes but also quick to blame external forces for his deficiencies and leadership failures. He's too timid to tackle the myriad of problems confronting this country, especially insecurity and corruption -- if the past 4 years are a litmus test. CHANGE we need. Buhari is that change
Are u blaming the insurgent menace on gej? What happened to the security votes allocated to the various gov'rs of those boko haram infested states? Stop peddling falsehood on how faceless boko haram is controling some parts of nigeria, we are used to that pathetic cynicism....do u knw hw one controls territories? The boko we hear of are homeless cowards that cant come face to face to declare war against nigerian soldiers, except for their hide and seek ways of killing armless children and women. Gej is the reason why they have not taken over nigeria. Do u knw hw many weeks it took ISIS to takeover syria? Boko have been engaging nigerian army for almost a decade now without achieving their aims, all u do is to criticise. Do u think the major aim of b.h is to hide in the bush and secretly come out to harm innocent nigerians? Their aim is to take over nigeria, which gej have refuted all this while. Dont tell me how buhari will fight corruption with obj, buhari, tinubu, el-rufai, amaechi et all in his party.
Re: Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP by Ttalk: 2:57pm On Feb 03, 2015
Why will GMB debate with Jonathan who failed to personally present national budget in two consecutive years only for him to send proxy in person of NOI.

Btw political debate and national budget which is more important to you and me?
Re: Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP by PastorOla1: 3:24pm On Feb 03, 2015
What is wrong with PDP on this issue of this debate? is there anything to this debate than just debating? please let us know. I love the wisdom of APC to stay away pls, becos there is something PDP is up to and it has failed, Thank God.
Re: Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP by rabzy01: 3:30pm On Feb 03, 2015
Where was GEJ in 2011 when the then presidential cadidates, including GMB conducted the debate?

GEJ refused to join the debate in 2011 cos he was not allowed to have the questions before hand. Now that they are able to manipulate the organisers, they are calling for debate. Is not shameful for these JonaTAN ists to call for a debate?

In fact what is it to debate on? The missing Chibok girls, the missing $20 billion, boko haram or what? We are no longer moved by promises and ' I will, we will' from GEJ after wasting 6 years in office.

If GEJ so bend on having a debate, he should go and do it with PEJ. Trust me, that woman can engage him full time.

Re: Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP by Kingyellew(m): 4:43pm On Feb 03, 2015
This. Debate is imperative on Buhari because of his position in this transition time. He felt that d. Nation is not properly managed; insecurity, unemploymeNt deplora le state of economy etc now time has come for Buhari to tell Nigerians how he wld reverse these ill wind dat blow no good to any nation, nd has absented himself. This is a glaring incompetence on Buhari side..
Re: Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP by veenaibrahimm: 4:50pm On Feb 03, 2015
go and debate Mr. Integrity and stop giving excuses...#NO2Buhari
Re: Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP by MUSAJAMIU20(m): 9:36pm On Feb 03, 2015
Why ar dis guys xo concern about Gmb not debatin...dem get bad tin 4 mind#gmbdntdebate
Re: Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP by Avicennabayo(m): 11:07pm On Feb 03, 2015
calebo101:

in 2011 did GEJ go for any debate?
Re: Buhari Is Running Away From Debates And Must Be Rejected Come Feb. 14 - PDP by Jaypea98: 1:11am On Feb 04, 2015
[quote author=lalasticlala post=30384777][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I’ll Contest Lagos Gov Election –jimi Agbaje / 2019 Budget Debate To Begin On Wednesday — Saraki / Lagos Light Rail And The Problem Of Accountability - Businessday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.