Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

The Pain Of True Love - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / The Pain Of True Love (4287 Views)

Pain Of Love / True Love / Your True Love Will Suprise You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pain Of True Love by btru2u(f): 6:35am On Aug 22, 2006
A prisoner of hurt with no time of release,
A prisoner due to love, that part of me is deceased.
Awaiting to fly away like a dove,
Awaiting to be released by true love.
Nothing but a great wall around protects my heart,
The aching of needing love tears me apart.
Tired of the pain, the lies, the deceit.
Will my heart forever be deceased?
Who will resuscitate my broken heart?
Who can I trust that won't tear it apart?
I once loved a man with all my heart,
He broke my heart and ripped it apart.
He said our son was his only nephew
Due to what he had on his venue.
I took care of this man with my all,
Bathed him when he couldn't walk.
I held his hand while he was in pain,
My loyalty and dedication was something he gained.
I now refuse to give my love to anyone that easily,
you have to earn it and it's worth it.
To gain my trust, my heart my soul
Is to gain a love like no other.
I am a prisoner looking for release
Awaiting that special man who is tired of deceit.
One who can love me without pride and conceit
One whom I can bare my soul with.
I am a prisoner looking for release,
Someone to revive my heart that is almost deceased.

1 Like

Re: The Pain Of True Love by sbm4real(m): 2:17pm On Aug 22, 2006
it is such a lovely poem.but is that straight from the heart?were u hurt by someone?we really are not appreciated for giving love.anyway jesus loves you more than any man will do,if only you will let him give you love.be strong wink
Re: The Pain Of True Love by btru2u(f): 4:52pm On Aug 22, 2006
Yes i was hurt. But I was just revisiting the pain. I no longer live there.
Re: The Pain Of True Love by sbm4real(m): 5:07pm On Aug 22, 2006
friend,
you dont stay where any longer?where r u now?just be yourslf,you will find the right guy.only a God fearing guy will not break your heart
Re: The Pain Of True Love by RuuDie(m): 7:07pm On Aug 22, 2006
really, really nice ,
hey got an idea; wanna write a poetry book, got some poems but i think i'll need contributions from other folks , anyone dig the idea?
Re: The Pain Of True Love by btru2u(f): 11:13pm On Aug 22, 2006
There's a saying, it's okay to look back where you are coming from, but its not good to live there. This means that I have overcame the pain, but I revisit that moment to remind myself that I deserve better. And to also make better choices to whom I give my love to.
Re: The Pain Of True Love by sbm4real(m): 10:10am On Aug 23, 2006
excuse my ignorance woman.dont ignore guysthat come your way now,the right guy may just be next door.u know?

my guy,i have a collection of poems but its in a written form,i dont know how to get it across and you may need to give me a cut if it falls thru.
Re: The Pain Of True Love by btru2u(f): 5:01pm On Aug 23, 2006
I haven't given up on being inlove at all. I had a learning experience that has taught me quite a few lessons. Being inlove is a wonderful thing. Especially when the person you love, loves you back the same way. I'm not angry because I allowed this man to do the things he did to me. The pain I felt was because I allowed someone to be able to hurt me. I saw the signs, but I ignored them. Many females go into relationships thinking that they can change the man. I have learned that you have to accept people for who they are and if you can't let them go. I know that they are good men out there. And I also know that they are bad men out there also.
Re: The Pain Of True Love by sbm4real(m): 9:47am On Aug 24, 2006
friend,
r u a xtian? it is good to be one.as i said earlier, a God fearing man is the best.are u in a relationship now?do u beleive in internet dating?
Re: The Pain Of True Love by btru2u(f): 3:56pm On Aug 24, 2006
I dont believe in religion, I'm a spiritualist. And as far as internet dating, never thought about it.
Re: The Pain Of True Love by sbm4real(m): 4:43pm On Aug 24, 2006
a spiritualist? what is it about a spiritualist?you sound interesting indeed.anyway,if you will explain to me what you mean by being a spiritualist.i am a xtian here.dont mind that i reply all your mails,i just find it interesting.
cheers
Re: The Pain Of True Love by btru2u(f): 7:04pm On Aug 24, 2006
I don't mind u responding. I enjoy conversing with people. I have chosen to be a spritualist because my parent force fed me religion. My father is a Bishop and he has a few churches. My childhood was very restricted due to religion. I was a Sunday school teacher, choir director and a Youth Leader. I know the bible very well. People interpret the bible to their own understanding. Churches have rules based upon that. I feel that churches are unable to reach people due to the inability to identify with what goes on. How can you tell them that Jesus loves you and he can help you, if they don't or should I say are unable to comprehend the problems of real life. In order to uplift someome spiritually, you have to be able to uplift them mentally. I come from a line of Bishops and Pastors. My family is very religious. And I like you responding to my emails, through communicating people learn from each other. My motto is "If I can help somebody as I travel lifes' journey, then my living is not in vain". My family are all Christians. I guess they are suppose to be Chridst like. My father is obsessed with his churches. And both my parents negated the fact that they are parents and as a result my siblings and I experienced unecessary drama in our lives. My other siblings are unable to deal with certain things because of this. I learnt and as I got older I learnt. My parents kicked me out the house at 15 because I was pregnant. WHy? because the church didn't deem my actions appropriate. I was looking for acceptance and love, so I had a child. Interesting uh? Yeah that's why I'm a spritualist. And I have my own relationship with God. Many are called but few are chosen. Which one are you?
Re: The Pain Of True Love by btru2u(f): 7:06pm On Aug 24, 2006
by the way my names is Nicole
Re: The Pain Of True Love by sbm4real(m): 9:46am On Aug 25, 2006
Nicole,
it has really been wonderful with you.you see,God makes us to realise things in different ways.He only tried to pick you out of a whole bunch as a chosen one.we actually have different problems that lead us to christ.i Met christ in a wonderful way.i was a really bad boy and God touched me without anybody preaching to me.He has different ways of bringing us back home.I really think you should get back with your parents and let them realize what life is all about.as you said,if you help,you have not wasted your life.Life is all about loving and relationships.you know?i am a born again,spirit filled xtian.i dont believe in religiousitiy but i have a wonderful relationship with God.so?i encourage you to continue being a good believer and to read your bible regularly.it cleanses you and encourages you.My name is femi.you could call me john.but femi is my first name and thats what everybody call me.are u nigerian?i am 23 years old.i just finished university,i stay in lagos and i have a part time job.i am planning to do a masters program in either london or America but only if i get a scholarship because my parents are just comfortable.anyway i hope to hear from you.tell me about yourself too.
Re: The Pain Of True Love by opokonwa(m): 2:33pm On Sep 03, 2007
Nicole,

You hurt embarassed I can feel it.
And you wish things did not go soooooooooo bad! Not just with your man but with your family.

From the way you sound you are searching for answers and true friendship wink I volunteer myself smiley For what reasons Am I truly altriustic? Isn't there something I may want Are there truly nice Nigerians? Of course, nice people are few and far-fetched.

I guess I feel you because I see someone who is really hurt, truly in search of answers and honest. Besides mishaps & tragedies has a way of teaching us wisdom.
Besides your mind is a curious one, in need of answers and not just in search of true love but friends who may understand too!

Let us continue to attempt to forget the past. I wish not to accord blame to either you or your parents. The time for that has long past.

What you need now and anyone around you is Healing.
Please do not burst into tears. cry

And I gather from reading in-between the lines that your becoming a spiritualist was nothing more than an escapist reaction to what you may regard as your parents' 'false sense of christianity'. You are not really a spiritualist at the core. Talk about being a rebel of your perception of christianity as handed down by your parents.

But like I implied earlier, noone has had it so good. Your attitude to life can only result to how you reconcile the hard and soft rocks thrown at you. Right now, I think you're on the right path already; you are trying to find answers and true happiness.

My best advice to you is the hardest you can think of;you can only completely heal if you forgive both the man that broke your heart and the family that turned its back on you. By this I do not mean forgiveness only in the mind. I mean true reconciliation. That way, you will earn 'Peace of Mind' and you may discover the love you so much search for.

As for the 'Christian' and 'Spiritualist' part, become who you really wanna be at the core and not as negatively influenced by your parents or any man. I think it is not really about being a 'christian' or whatever. It is about seeking GOD! Honestly and passionately!

I hope you consider my words thoughtfully.
Re: The Pain Of True Love by redsun(m): 2:51pm On Sep 03, 2007
True love is hard to find,all about self interest, what you want as against what i want.The winner takes all,nothing but reflection and sometime streagnt or weakness that comes with it for the looser depending on victim's state of mind.Every body wants something.
Re: The Pain Of True Love by Sweet161: 3:11pm On Sep 03, 2007
Nicole,

I can see that you are hurt?
But mind if I may aske?

Were you in love with guy?

was your attachment him an infatuation?

Then what have you learn?

Some men jump to the wagon after reading your profile, that is the Nigerian side of it.

NICOLE, I like your gut and determination, Make your STUMBLING stone your STEPPING stone to greater height.

Always remember that you can never seperate the past from the present nor the future.

Your past is a lesson for you and other. FROM THE WOMB OF YESTERDAY TODAY WAS BORNED.

1 Like

Re: The Pain Of True Love by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 04, 2007
nicole,
i really feel your pain even though i don't know you,i really find your write-up interesting, it's so honest and real.yea,alot of people really do misinterpret the bible and pass so much judgement even faster than God.but dere are still alot of true christians out there though.you just have to forgive all the people that hurt u in your past so you can move on, i mean true forgiveness.
And hey,don't mind how people live their lives just make the bible your model and the holy spirit your guide and be the right person than look for the right person
I really care and don't mind being a friend.
Forget what happened God still loves you and He is waiting for you to have a reconcilliation and a great destiny.

all the best dear
Re: The Pain Of True Love by lilian777(f): 4:39pm On Sep 04, 2007
@ poster
Nice one.Really nice. More ink to your pen, woman,
Re: The Pain Of True Love by onyx79(m): 6:58pm On Sep 04, 2007
Well, its not WERKING for me, grin
Seriously, nice stuff, straight from the heart.
Re: The Pain Of True Love by suluv(f): 3:00pm On Sep 05, 2007
I think the best way to get over this is to firstly make peace with your parent and the guy in your heart, i mean forgive them from the within, that is from your heart completely,
and true love will one day show up on your doorstep.
i wish you all the best.
Re: The Pain Of True Love by carpenter(m): 4:49pm On Sep 06, 2007
I think I am in a revolting mood today!

How come when peeps have issues, some just go talking about God fearing men and the likes. Peeps make mistakes even the God fearing ones do. Shit happens guys! My advice, see each moment in life as an experience gained. All the best all.
Re: The Pain Of True Love by mconqueror(m): 5:26pm On Sep 07, 2007
Btru,

God bless your good heart.
this things happens but in diiferent forms to differnt people

dear,refuse self pity,assume a better outlook about life,

and the Sun will shine brightly upon you!

going by your poem,you have a very beautifull heart

i will contact you thru your e-mail

Enjoy!
Re: The Pain Of True Love by bibiking1(m): 5:58am On Sep 10, 2007
the search for ellysian is what drives you to "spirituality". The truth is, what you seek is right there in fromt of you. Go and make up with your parents, you needn't disturb God with half measures.
They long for you with bleeding hearts. Its time to salve eternal wounds and not time to seek newer men
Re: The Pain Of True Love by siho(m): 12:21pm On Sep 10, 2007
Dat waz nice,but my dear if u hv been broken hearted ,dats nt d end jst forge ahead nd 4get d past, cheer up
Re: The Pain Of True Love by hola2ng(m): 10:01am On Sep 11, 2007
Re: The Pain Of True Love by drkchoclit(f): 4:09am On Sep 14, 2007
I'm just curious as to why this thread was revived a year later?

Nicole, if you are still around, I just want to thank you for sharing a piece of yourself. It was very brave. I like that you took responsibility for your part. I don't think women do this enough.

I really don't think she's still hurting deeply. But she was married to this man, and suffered a great betrayal. This is something she won't ever forget, or completely get over. But I feel she has grown stronger and wiser from it. I think it's healthy when you can think and talk about painful times, because that means you have moved on. To be able to look back and discuss something so painful, she's healed for the most part. But like any deep wound or burn, you always carry the scar. But the pain subsides. She was just having a moment in which she recalled why she has the scars.

I think it was sweet for the people who encouraged her. The encouragement touched my heart, and it wasn't even directed at me.
Re: The Pain Of True Love by wealthyman(m): 7:35pm On Sep 14, 2007
Cover me with kisses
Be my shelter from the rain
Comfort me in sadness
Be the one to ease my pain
Romance me beneath the moonlight
Warm me with your breath
Consume me with your tenderness
In the stillness of the night
Be the one that sparks my essence
Be the one to make me whole
Be the light of every new day
Be the light within my soul
Oh cherish me and cover me
As my thoughts are blown away
For you are the one
That I will cherish

Cover Me is the true essence of love with its verse of tenderness and warmth it is sure to be a cherished gift to your love.
Re: The Pain Of True Love by Nella(f): 10:19pm On Sep 14, 2007
somebody pass me a hanky cheesy---- my heart is already melting - lol! - nice poems
Re: The Pain Of True Love by ciaoson04: 4:25pm On Mar 14, 2008
sometimes those we love, Don't love a bit
Don't worry nicole you must smile one day in the arms of the one
that will love you in return smiley
Re: The Pain Of True Love by ciaoson04: 3:13pm On Apr 09, 2008
there is no love without pain

(1) (Reply)

Keeping Your Hope Alive (Inspirational Message) / PROJECTXX (a Series Of Short Poetic Stories) / Sweet Nothings: TheScrypt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.