Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday (15902 Views)

Buhari Hosts Heads Of States To Lunch At Aso Villa After Inauguration(pics) / List Of States Collating Results Presently / Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by Ryabcool(m): 9:03am On Feb 04, 2015
Smh... You had a year to prepare for elections, now you're jittery and asking for more time? And you complain when they call you clueless? Smh again undecided

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by cegxie(m): 9:03am On Feb 04, 2015
Watching with keen interest how this series would play out
Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by efilefun(m): 9:05am On Feb 04, 2015
God no go give them do, why is he afraid now, why didn't he think about postponing it since a month or two months ago.... Anyway Anyhow otuoke direct.... from VILLA to VILLAGE

GMB/PYO2015

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by credibleGod(m): 9:05am On Feb 04, 2015
PDP is a failure in electricity ,employment etc
let's try APC

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by helinues: 9:06am On Feb 04, 2015
Another strategy to embezzle more money before leaving office. we have seen it coming and it wont work.

You must return to Otuoke by May 29

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by fasbat(m): 9:07am On Feb 04, 2015
oludashmi:

http://www.nigerianheadlines.com/poll-shift-jonathan-council-of-states-decide-on-thursday/
let's do some calculation, Gowon, Shagari, Obasanjo,Shonekan, Buhari, all former speakers and former senate Presidents, All former CJN, All Govs, ...in all these pple, who are with GEJ? let's count?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by omenka(m): 9:07am On Feb 04, 2015
Someone seems not only to have developed cold feet, but indeed a frozen feet!

And who's gonna endorse it? Obj? Buhari? IBB?
Abdulsalam?

Jonathan should stop wasting his time. He had
all the time to prepare for the elections but was
too busy eating cookies and forgot about the
passage of time. When he was cautioned though
that dutiful letter by Obj, he sent his dogs after
the gentleman. Now we are nine days away and
he is running from pillar to post trying to bring to an end a system through which he acquired
everything he's got today.

We will resist this with all our might.

GEJ Out!

Enter GMB!!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by madjune(m): 9:08am On Feb 04, 2015
We can see plots towards an unfair election or massive rigging outright schemes towards disquaification of the opponent unfold before our eyes.

The question we should ask is- who is supposed to convene the meeting? Is it not INEC?
INEC has clearly said that they're ready for the election; I don't understand what's jonathan's own there.

We all know he wants to buy more time so he could wreck more damage on buhari's persona through the courts.
Isn't that shameful? And he thinks the world will just keep watching his theatrics? And do nothing?

Jonathan is clearly taking Nigerians for a ride.
I hope he doesn't regret his actions later because in the end, those advising him on this devious schemes will desert him.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by Rhozabeth(m): 9:08am On Feb 04, 2015
uyplus:
$49 billion, $20 billion, $10.8 billon (from NNPC), N1.7 trillion (Illegal Subsidy payments), N21 billion (illegal donation), N10 billion (Allison's illegal flights), $49 billion per yr, N4bn presidential feeding, N10bn presidential air fleet maintanance,South Africa arm procurement scam deal, where the Nigerian's involved where not mentioned but the Israeli's name was mentioned, $13m patience jonathan money laundering case, overbudgeted N119bn for 2nd Niger bridge as against a replica constructed for N29bn by the Lagos state government, N968bn security budget, yet Boko haram has been maiming people, ransacking communities and having the numbers of IDPs rise geometrically, N35.4m to feed Aso rock lion's, N20bn pension scam, Immigration job scam, yet the culprit minister involved is still serving and enjoying his loot from the scam recruitment exercise, pardoning of convicted criminals like Bode george and Alameyhsia, Tompolo buying warships in an insane clime like Nigeria, asides the billions of Naira lost to oil bunkering. Just name all the scams and misappropriation of funds under this government, you will weep for Nigeria. They steal in billions of Naira. I wonder how a youth like me, who has an unborn gneration, will comfortably thumbprint for the PDP and jeopardize the future of the unborn all because of bias and false PDP propaganda. Vote for change. After 6years with high revenue, nothing was achieved. How will something be achieved in 4years with less cash inflow?

GEJ should declare his assets to Nigerians and the world at large, so we can all see how lucrative politics in Nigeria has been. GEJ is a scam, and I dare anybody with superior logic to enlighten my ignorance that this present administration isn't a hoax.

The earlier we drop the bias about ethnicity, religion, age to focus on demand for quality leadership from a selfless leader, the better. If people don't see that this administration has failed woefully, and there's a need to try some other person, then we will continue to wallow in abject poverty in this country. Poverty level in Nigeria has risen from 54% to 71%, youth unemployment from 9% to 50%, recurrent expenditure from 62% to 86%, national debt from $26bn to $70bn, whilst GDP growth has dropped from 11% to 6%, and excess crude account has dropped from $20bn to $2bn.

Everything is wrong with Nigeria. Just everything is going wrong. Lets be wise and vote rightly without bias!!!
Don't know how u got ur figures though but u make sense die. Thank u for that piece!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by Ryabcool(m): 9:09am On Feb 04, 2015
otijah:
Me am voting for GEJ and still yet to collect my permanent voters card, u see where the problem is
The North is the most people that has PM voters cards and its a bit favouring Buhari, that's why we need the posponment
If the north was the one disenfranchised, you wouldn't be in support of the postponement. Hypocrite undecided

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by Creamz(m): 9:10am On Feb 04, 2015
This buttresses the claims that the APC has been making. The PDP wants to remain in power by all means. And they know that if they go to the polls now, they will loose woefully. Nigerians have said no to the postponement of the elections. This INEC incompetence is just an excuse as INEC cannot force everybody to come and collect their voters card that is already available. Too bad for PDP because they are already gone whether they like it or not.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by makeitijn: 9:13am On Feb 04, 2015
we have 10,000MT of pure AGO (diesel) for sale at N98/litre..product is located in lagos.only interested buyer call.vessel available for transportation. BUYER/SELLER NEGOTIATION is one-one.. then we send you our procedure.. if you consent,then we send you SPA.. ETC

call daniel on 08145360674,08089367424
Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by focus7: 9:15am On Feb 04, 2015
Is it that the INEC is not set for the exercise or that Jonathan is losing out? I can sense that Jonathan is already feeling the heat of the nationwide rejection of his corruption, incompetence, divisiveness, falsehood and cluelessness. PDP is a sinking party, before it was Buhari certificate, age, islamisation of Nigeria and past rule that were the issues, now Jega is their frustration, losers.SAI BUHARI.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 04, 2015
Let them conduct the darn election, let have some peace abeg!!
Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by makeitijn: 9:17am On Feb 04, 2015
SELLING! we have 10,000MT of pure AGO (diesel) for sale at N98/litre..product is located in lagos.only interested buyer call.vessel available for transportation. BUYER/SELLER NEGOTIATION is one-one.. then we send you our procedure.. if you consent,then we send you SPA.. ETC

call daniel on 08145360674,08089367424
Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by nattyhero(m): 9:17am On Feb 04, 2015
Gullible Nigerians una matter dey hard to judge. The weekly council of state meeting is held on Wednesdays and not Thursdays. Make una use una brain. My people perish for lack of knowledge

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by dre11(m): 9:18am On Feb 04, 2015
Sanchez01:
Is it by force for this man to come back when it's obvious he has nothing to offer? I pity those who clamour for him. One minute the election date and May 29 is sacrosanct, the next minute it's not because the odds are against him

We say NO to election postponement. Let's have the election and get it over with!

And that's the person those PDP are now selling to us

Someone who can't keep a promise
Someone who can't declear his asset because he knows how he got it
Someone who is using religion as a bases to divide this nation

A corrupt minding people

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by ABDamola(m): 9:22am On Feb 04, 2015
4 cryin out loud, INEC sed PVC s available across d country!
Do u xpect INEC 2b goin 4rm door to door 2 distribute d PVC!
Y s FG findin it difficult 2 declare a public holiday 4 pple 2 collect it?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by onuwaje(m): 9:24am On Feb 04, 2015
I hope the military won't see this as an avenue to taste power
Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by dre11(m): 9:26am On Feb 04, 2015
nattyhero:
Gullible Nigerians una matter dey hard to judge. The weekly council of state meeting is held on Wednesdays and not Thursdays. Make una use una brain. My people perish for lack of knowledge

Since you said its held on the said date

So, you mean to tell.me.that punch newspaper is lying

http://www.punchng.com/news/council-of-state-may-discuss-poll-shift-tomorrow/
Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by ransomed: 9:28am On Feb 04, 2015
Shift election and we occupy streets with unabated protest. I see civilian, long awaited revolution coming. Watchout!
Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by juman(m): 9:34am On Feb 04, 2015
That the so called "Council Of States" is nothing but nonsense.

That is why nigeria is a country of 54 years but a failed nation.

The core problem of this country is one nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by Nobody: 9:43am On Feb 04, 2015
#NO HIDING PLACE for clueless cowards !!! FeBUHARI 14 is inevitable!!!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by HAH: 10:01am On Feb 04, 2015
nattyhero:

There is difference between executive council meeting and council of state meeting, the former holds on wednesdays beside Wednesdays for ECM is not sacrosanct

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by zimoni(f): 10:03am On Feb 04, 2015
Anything to ensure Jonah rule till 2019.

If I was Jonathan, I would have removed Jega under one pretense or the other and appoint a Yoruba or an Igbo Professor who would conduct do-or-die election which would guarantee my victory like Prof Maurice Iwu did in 2007.

As it is now, I don't see Jonah winning this election and I'm afraid Jega is not going to conduct do-or-die election that would favour Jonah.

It would be too bad if Jonathan lost this election to that Cattle Rearer.

I hope Jonathan is doing underground work sha, otherwise wahala dey ooooooooo.
Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 04, 2015
Gej and inec had four years to prepare for this elections.

Sometimes I regret coming from this contraption called Nigeria...

Nigeria really needs smn to whip them before things will start working right
Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by AreaFada2: 10:04am On Feb 04, 2015
striktlymi:
Jonathan is very scared!!!

I don't blame him though, WHO WON'T?

But before we speculate we need to get some answers from INEC first.

How many PVC have been issued?
How many distributed?

Which part of the country has the highest number of cards not distributed.

So we can know the way forward.

Then how are they gonna distribute those left before 14th?

Without all these, it's all beer parlour rumours.

Both APC & PDP supporters should not let partisanship & bias blind them.

But this is 9ja, truth & factual details are despised like leprosy.
Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by AreaFada2: 10:11am On Feb 04, 2015
danjumakolo:
Gej and inec had four years to prepare for this elections.

Sometimes I regret coming from this contraption called Nigeria...

Nigeria really needs smn to whip them before things will start working right

We're generally tardy people. Mostly anyway.

It will need a paradigm shift in attitude. It cannot be sustained by military style approach.

9ja needs to start functioning on merit, not god-fatherism, tribe, quota system or long leg.

When people who merit positions get them and they are encouraged to flourish, they will have motivation to work well.
Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by BotherMleeper(m): 10:14am On Feb 04, 2015
siraj1402:
I know they will still deceive him that Nigeria are in support of the shift.When will PDP learn to tell the president the truth?Time will tell.

His fault.

He decided to surround himself with fellow drunkards, drug barons, drug addicts, kleptomaniacs, lunatics, gays, lesbians, pimps, thugs, touts, militants, pirates, saboteurs, provocateurs, and one lump of painful ignorance he calls his wife.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by fresh15: 10:14am On Feb 04, 2015
That is a responsible president that concedes the opinion of others before taking a critical decision.I am sure that responsible Nigerians will vote for Jonathan's re-election.
Re: Jonathan, Council Of States To Discuss Poll Shift On Thursday by Blenvado(m): 10:18am On Feb 04, 2015
"The call for enrollment as INEC ADHOC staff has been concluded, however shortlisted candidates will be contacted soon. Enrollees are also advised to print their Acknowledgement Slip as they will soon be invited for training"

This was taken from INEC ADHOC STAFF DATABASE Site this morning. My question, if 10 days to the Presidentail Election shortlisted candidates are yet to be contacted for training does that show INEC is prepared for this election?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan, Diezani, Others Shared $1.3b In Malabu Oil Fraud—italian Prosecutors / BREAKING: Judge Sentences Convicted Senior Lawyer To One Month In Prison / Sanwo-Olu: Lagos To Lay 4th Mainland Bridge Foundation Before End Of 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.