Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar (14205 Views)

Brown Ideye To Join Tianjin TEDA / Brown Ideye Celebrates One Of His Goals On Twitter, Shares Photo / Ighalo, Omeruo, Ideye Relax In A Pool In Abuja Ahead Of Algeria Clash... Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 04, 2015
Ideye has not left West Bromwich Yet. He is supposed to leave in the January transfer but he is still there.

Nairaland, edit your news, and stop spreading disinformation!

[size=16pt]WEST BROMWICH ALBION

Ins: Callum McManaman (Wigan Athletic, £4.75m), Darren Fletcher (Man United, undisclosed)

Outs: Donervon Daniels (Aberdeen, loan), Bradley Garmston (Gillingham, loan), Luke Daniels (Scunthorpe United, undisclosed)

No Ideye[/size]

http://www.espnfc.com/barclays-premier-league/story/2279275/premier-league-january-transfers-club-by-club

2 Likes

Re: Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar by Ichel: 11:51pm On Feb 04, 2015
VIPERVENOM:
Ideye couldn't move to Qatar cos d proposed move of carlton cole to west brom fell through. So Ideye is still at west brom
Thank you my brother,
The rate at which people post info without verifying it baffles me at times, and it making fp is another hard one, what's the work of the mods? To mislead the public Fah?
Re: Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar by CJ310(m): 12:04am On Feb 05, 2015
Yakubu ke. That pipe! If him like make he go play for afghanistan or Syria or join boko haram fc I no send am. Yeye man. That open post he missed that year still dey vex me.

Ideye na my G I wish him all the best smiley
Re: Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar by PTNL: 12:53am On Feb 05, 2015
legallyblonde:
wetin concern them? Isn't onazi 22?

Una too dey talk. Wetin concern you about that. We just enjoy running one another down in this country, even if he claims 12yrs, let the employer verify that cos this guy isn't new to EPL.
Re: Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar by PTNL: 12:59am On Feb 05, 2015
CJ310:
Yakubu ke. That pipe! If him like make he go play for afghanistan or Syria or join boko haram fc I no send am. Yeye man. That open post he missed that year still dey vex me.

Ideye na my G I wish him all the best smiley

Keep nursing that mistake while the guy they progressl, they make im pounds. For how long will you celebrate another man's failure when you sef no be superman.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar by kobonaire(m): 12:59am On Feb 05, 2015
Yakubu Aiyegbeni still plays football??

I thought he retired in shame after this miss in 2010 World Cup ... here's the video grin

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar by onatisi(m): 3:58am On Feb 05, 2015
UnknownT:
Chai! Ideye's case is pathetic. I remember an interview he granted to Sammy Wegiha(check spelling) of NigeriaInfo PH after his move to WBA. Dude was optimistic, so happy leaving his old Russian club that qualified to play in Europe this season, he kinda badmouthed his Russian club and i was like, 'na wa oh, wonder wot he would have said or how he would have felt if it were a bigger club he was moving to'. Now when he couldn't perform, we heard the coach saying they bought him based on a YouTube video of his they watched. The only league goal dude scored was a 'consolation' goal mouth scramble on a snow covered pitch against City
bros ,u don finish that guy o
Re: Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar by nedu2000(m): 4:25am On Feb 05, 2015
Pls has brown Ideye ever been good?
Re: Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar by edi287: 5:08am On Feb 05, 2015
nedu2000:
Pls has brown Ideye ever been good?
Well he had a good scoring record at swiss, france and ukraine. He's suffering from a huge loss of confidence.
To think he was once linked to chelsea.
Re: Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar by Nobody: 6:12am On Feb 05, 2015
And they said they have a good record of Yakubu's goals scoring? Smh! Who gave them that one? Somebody whom Nigerians till today cannot forget of due to miserable missing goals he's been offering the country most painfully during 2010 world cup in SA.

And Ideye, i think he needs spiritual bath even more than Emenike. This is someone Keshi would've still been using till today and expect to give us a different result from international competitions if not that we raised and voices and said, "get rid of Ideye from our national team". Ideye should refund at least 60% of the signing sum back to west brom albion, apologise to them for deceiving them claiming what he wasnt and then move on with his life. If you see chances that Ideye would be missing to score, if i'm the coach, there's no way i wouldnt walk into the pitch and land him serious slap for missing such chances. Or alternatively, dirty him face with slap once he comes out of pitch. Nonsense! Ideye na big flop.
Re: Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar by thaoriginator: 6:18am On Feb 05, 2015
Yakubu se o gbeni wa ni?
Re: Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar by Amadaz(m): 6:46am On Feb 05, 2015
I can't wait to hear the news of his recall to our national team... I love this guy!
Re: Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar by onatisi(m): 6:49am On Feb 05, 2015
RedBenson:
And they said they have a good record of Yakubu's goals scoring? Smh! Who gave them that one? Somebody whom Nigerians till today cannot forget of due to miserable missing goals he's been offering the country most painfully during 2010 world cup in SA.

bros , to be honest yakubu has a good scoring record at club level. Check out his stats at macabi,middlesborugh,everton etc. But at national team level,he may be a disaster.
Re: Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar by Livinusc(m): 7:13am On Feb 05, 2015
stam101:
It was a busy day for some Nigerian players in the various leagues in Europe as the January Transfer Window closed on Monday.

The biggest move involving a Nigerian was with English Championship side, Reading FC, as a former Super Eagles forward, Yakubu Aiyegbeni joined the club. The deal was sealed on a free transfer till the end of the season.

According to the club’s official website, the 32-year-old, who last played for Qatari side, Al Rayyan, was given the jersey number 20 and will be eligible to play in the club’s next match against Wolvehampton Wanderers this weekend provided all clearances are completed.

Club manager, Steve Clarke, told the club’s website, “An experienced goalscorer, Yakubu brings a fantastic scoring record to this club and his addition will complement the strikers we’ve already got at Reading and help us to improve as a team in latter stages of the season.

“I know all about him as a player and I have heard very good reports about him as a personality in the dressing room. He is no-risk signing for us and I look forward to him scoring goals for Reading Football Club.”

Yakubu is the highest ever scoring African in England with 138 goals from 346 appearances, 96 of which were scored in the English Premier League.

He scored three goals in eight appearances for Al Rayyan and will join fellow Nigerian, Hope Akpan, as Reading move to beat relegation.

While Yakubu was moving from Qatar to England, West Bromwich Albion’s club record signing, Brown Ideye, was on the verge of making a move to Qatari side, Al Gharafa, as at press time.

The £10m player, who obviously arrived in England with the wrong scoring boots, has scored only a goal in the league since joining Albion in the summer.

On deadline day, another Nigerian winger, Sheyi Ojo, also joined Wigan Athletic on loan from Liverpool until the end of the season.

The 17-year-old, who did not make a first team appearance for the Reds since he joined Liverpool from MK Dons in 2011, told the club’s website that he hoped to make an impact at his new club.

Tottenham Hotspur were also on the trail of MK Dons’ forward, Dele Alli, as of press time. The 18-year-old, who has been touted to be the new Steven Gerard, was being courted by Newcastle United and Aston Villa for a fee of about £7m.

Some other deadline moves saw Wilfried Zaha rejoining Crystal Palace from Manchester United for an undisclosed fee for five and half years. Chelsea’s Andre Schurrle joined Wolfsburg for £24.2m, while the club got the signature of Colombian international Juan Cuadrado from Fiorentina for £27m.

The Blues also loaned out Mohamed Salah to Fiorentina till the end of the season with an option to buy him if he impresses.

http://www.punchng.com/sports/yakubu-joins-reading-ideye-to-qatar/
grin grin grin
Re: Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar by Livinusc(m): 7:14am On Feb 05, 2015
Lexusgs430:

And Kanu is/was 28 !!!!
grin grin
Re: Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar by ibrhyme77(m): 7:26am On Feb 05, 2015
onatisi:
bros , to be honest yakubu has a good scoring record at club level. Check out his stats at macabi,middlesborugh,everton etc. But at national team level,he may be a disaster.
Yakubu was never a disaster for the national team,the open goal he missed in 2010 was a one-off,he was a decent striker before then.It was just unfortunate that was the only memory most nigerians have of him.He is either the 2nd or 3rd highest scorer ever for the super eagles.His age is sumtin i won't go into but i clearly remember he was the highest goal scorer in 1999 in nigerian league when he was at julius berger,that was
16yrs ago,so he was s
Re: Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar by CJ310(m): 7:55am On Feb 05, 2015
PTNL:

Keep nursing that mistake while the guy they progressl, they make im pounds. For how long will you celebrate another man's failure when you sef no be superman.

Abeg shut that trap
Re: Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar by raphrinco: 8:26am On Feb 05, 2015
Talkactives continue while we footballers make our billions and trillions. Go and question your so called leaders and not players ,or else we keep buying our Bentleys and Range rover sports etc or u rather think of how to be productive to Nigeria or else where
Lexusgs430:

And Kanu is/was 28 !!!!
Re: Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar by Nobody: 8:32am On Feb 05, 2015
onatisi:

Good for him then but as far as we Nigerians are concerned, he's a flop.
Re: Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar by raphrinco: 8:40am On Feb 05, 2015
Oga he even bought ROLLS ROYCE GHOST AFTER SCORING HIS FIRST GOAL!
LesbianBoy:
Life is really unfair! That ideye can't play ball yet he earns thousands of pounds! Choi! angry
Re: Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 05, 2015
Yak one leg better pass ideye, emenike, anichebe and even ameobi both legs, how can Naija boast of this frontliners but dey are all useless. from Yakubu, Agahowa, Martins, Emenike, Ameobi, Aluko, Ideye, Oduamadi just to name a few from strikers that are all waste products and inconsistent both in clubs and National levels. Guys see Drogba and Eto'o na nor be players them be.
Re: Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 05, 2015
Yakubu one leg better pass Ideye, Emenike, Anichebe and even ameobi both legs, how can Naija boast of this frontliners but they are all useless and waste. from Yakubu, Agahowa, Martins, Emenike, Ameobi, Aluko, Ideye, Oduamadi just to name a few from strikers that are all waste products and inconsistent both in clubs and National levels. Guys see Drogba and Eto'o na nor be players them be.
Re: Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 05, 2015
Yakubu one leg better pass Ideye, Emenike, Anichebe and even ameobi both legs, how can Naija boast of this frontliners but they are all useless and waste. from Yakubu, Agahowa, Martins, Emenike, Ameobi, Aluko, Ideye, Oduamadi just to name a few from strikers that are all waste products and inconsistent both in clubs and National levels. Guys see Drogba and Eto'o na nor be players them be. Now even at age 46 yakubu is saying he is 32 if i hear am say Ideye na player.... chai! Naija suffer
Re: Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar by aorta(m): 8:56am On Feb 05, 2015
[quote author=UnknownT post=30436242]Chai! Ideye's case is pathetic. I remember an interview he granted to Sammy Wegiha(check spelling) of NigeriaInfo PH after his move to WBA. Dude was optimistic, so happy leaving his old Russian club that qualified to play in Europe this season, he kinda badmouthed his Russian club and i was like, 'na wa oh, wonder wot he would have said or how he would have felt if it were a bigger club he was moving to'. Now when he couldn't perform, we heard the coach saying they bought him based on a YouTube video of his they watched. The only league goal dude scored was a 'consolation' goal mouth scramble on a snow covered pitch against City[/quote
Ideye is still in England oooooooo
Re: Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar by onatisi(m): 9:07am On Feb 05, 2015
ibrhyme77:

Yakubu was never a disaster for the national team,the open goal he missed in 2010 was a one-off,he was a decent striker before then.It was just unfortunate that was the only memory most nigerians have of him.He is either the 2nd or 3rd highest scorer ever for the super eagles.His age is sumtin i won't go into but i clearly remember he was the highest goal scorer in 1999 in nigerian league when he was at julius berger,that was
16yrs ago,so he was s
hopefully he will rediscover his goal scoring form at reading. The championship league is a very tough one and if he can score goals there it will just be good for him
Re: Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar by onatisi(m): 9:11am On Feb 05, 2015
raphrinco:
Oga he even bought ROLLS ROYCE GHOST AFTER SCORING HIS FIRST GOAL!
kai ,nairaland no go kill persin with laughter!!!!
Re: Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar by Christmasdon(m): 9:47am On Feb 05, 2015
Am tired of hearing that name yakubu.
Re: Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar by JEITO: 9:56am On Feb 05, 2015
Please if you are the one my brother brown ideye offended, I'm pleading on his stead forgive and forget so his career can progress undecided
Re: Yakubu Joins Reading, Ideye To Qatar by Lexusgs430: 11:13am On Feb 05, 2015
raphrinco:
Talkactives continue while we footballers make our billions and trillions. Go and question your so called leaders and not players ,or else we keep buying our Bentleys and Range rover sports etc or u rather think of how to be productive to Nigeria or else where

Goodluck with your Bentleys,Range Rovers, millions and Billions!!!!
So it's our leaders that also made footballers lie about their real ages? Our leaders don suffer o, they now get blamed for everything, even individual lapses and incompetences!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Super Eagles Defender Kenneth Omeruo Completes Leganes Move / Nigeria's D'tigers Defeats China 74-64 In Stankovic Cup / Daniel Sturridge And Alberto Moreno Set To Leave Liverpool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.