Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting (35526 Views)

Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday / Jonathan At OIC Summit With Leaders From Islamic Countries (photo) / Nigeria History with the "Organization Of Islamic Conference (oic)" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting by ceejayclas(m): 3:05am On Feb 04, 2015
VICE Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Professor Yemi Osinbajo, has chided President Goodluck Jonathan for being the first Nigerian leader to have attended the meeting of the Organisation of Islamic Countries (OIC) since Nigeria was surreptitiously enlisted by President Ibrahim Babangida in 1986.

Osinbajo disclosed this on Tuesday, at an interactive session with professionals in Warri, Delta State.

He said those accusing the presidential candidate of the party, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari, of being a Muslim fundamentalist and campaigner of Islamisation of Nigeria were doing nothing but distorting history.

“Throughout his period as military head of state, Buhari was under intense pressure to drag Nigeria into the OIC, but he never yielded, because he respects Nigeria as a secular state, in line with the constitution. Besides, his cook and driver are Christians.

“When Babangida eventually dragged Nigeria into OIC, none of his successors ever attended any of its meeting because they know to Islamise Nigeria is very difficult, as you need to first get the constitution amended. That process, you know, is almost impossible.

“But it is on record that in 2013, President Jonathan, undermining the constitutional limitation, ensured that Nigeria attended an OIC meeting,” he declared.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/28560-osinbajo-chides-jonathan-for-attending-oic-meeting

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting by brainpower(m): 3:13am On Feb 04, 2015
This same 2013 he was fighting insurgency while Buhari didn't fight. GEJ was trying to use every means necessary to see to the end of the insurgency. Osinbajo should stop cleaning the image of Buhari, whether he wins or not, he is a fundamentalist and an extremist. His statements and actions are there to prove it. And please nairalanders, I know Osinbajo as a seasoned lawyer but what I don't know is what he brings to the table as far as politics is concerned for the APC. His CAN and PFN has abandoned him, so it means he is politically irrelevant. Which also means that by any reason Buhari is voted in and he starts misbehaving, Osinbajo doesn't have the political might to stand up to him. Votewisly.

248 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting by Nobody: 3:21am On Feb 04, 2015
brainpower:
[s]This same 2013 he was fighting insurgency while Buhari didn't fight. GEJ was trying to use every means necessary to see to the end of the insurgency. Osinbajo should stop cleaning the image of Buhari, whether he wins or not, he is a fundamentalist and an extremist. His statements and actions are there to prove it. And please nairalanders, I know Osinbajo as a seasoned lawyer but what I don't know is what he brings to the table as far as politics is concerned for the APC. His CAN and PFN has abandoned him, so it means he is politically irrelevant. Which also means that by any reason Buhari is voted in and he starts misbehaving, Osinbajo doesn't have the political might to stand up to him. Votewisly[/s].

Liar

305 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting by pedel: 3:26am On Feb 04, 2015
Thanks for your observation. You noted that Osinbajo is politically irrelivant, what do you suggest that we or APC do about him? Also enlighten us on what it means to be a religious fundamentalist and extremist, also dont forget to tell us the difference between the two.
Thanks.
brainpower:
This same 2013 he was fighting insurgency while Buhari didn't fight. GEJ was trying to use every means necessary to see to the end of the insurgency. Osinbajo should stop cleaning the image of Buhari, whether he wins or not, he is a fundamentalist and an extremist. His statements and actions are there to prove it. And please nairalanders, I know Osinbajo as a seasoned lawyer but what I don't know is what he brings to the table as far as politics is concerned for the APC. His CAN and PFN has abandoned him, so it means he is politically irrelevant. Which also means that by any reason Buhari is voted in and he starts misbehaving, Osinbajo doesn't have the political might to stand up to him. Votewisly.

52 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting by Ikengawo: 3:28am On Feb 04, 2015

31 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting by SeverusSnape(m): 3:35am On Feb 04, 2015
Jonathan attended OIC meeting, and some people are still accusing him of dividing the country along religious line, GEJ is always looking for ways to please the northern elites.

And as far as OIC is concerned, It was Buhari who took the first step, If not that IBB deposed him, He would have completed the process.

He's just trying to launder Buhari's image, Most lawyers are liars, It becomes worst If that lawyer becomes a politician.

173 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting by watered(m): 3:35am On Feb 04, 2015
Both candidates need to grow up!

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting by SeverusSnape(m): 3:37am On Feb 04, 2015
beopened:

Liar
Truth is bitter. Chew it!

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting by egift(m): 3:40am On Feb 04, 2015

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/02/06/in-pictures-jonathan-arrives-cairo-for-oic-summit/

While Jonathan was busy attending IOC conference in Egypt, Vice President Sambo is busy telling us all how Islamic PDP is.

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting by jemype(m): 4:07am On Feb 04, 2015
Hahahhaaha. This party never stops amaZing me
egift:

While Jonathan is busy is busy attending IOC conference in Egypt, Vice President Sambo is busy telling us all how Islamic PDP is.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting by PassingShot(m): 4:15am On Feb 04, 2015
Does it even make any sense for anyone to claim that a Nigerian president CAN or WILL Islamize the country?

As stupid as that sounds, it's more stupid and the highest level of ignorance for anyone to even believe that crap.

We have too many educated illiterates and gullible people in this country.

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting by tunwumi: 4:22am On Feb 04, 2015
This clueless man can do anything just to win. He is just too desperate

21 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting by tunwumi: 4:23am On Feb 04, 2015
This clueless man can do anything just to win. He just too desperate

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting by tunwumi: 4:26am On Feb 04, 2015
You are even more clueless than you pay master

brainpower:

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting by Firefire(m): 4:34am On Feb 04, 2015
tunwumi:
This clueless man can do anything just to win. He is just too desperate

Honestly, the desperation of OSIBADE is getting out of hands.

What do you think ?

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting by Nobody: 4:35am On Feb 04, 2015
Anyone that believed the Islamic Fundamentalist crap perpetrated by the PDP and their agents need to get his/her head examined. It defies logic, common sense and can't be backed by the any historical fact. Nigerians are wise to see the antics of the ruling party. Nobody is islamising or christianising Nigeria, PDP is LOOTomising Nigeria.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting by Firefire(m): 5:01am On Feb 04, 2015
Nothing you can do to please human beings.

Jonathan attend OIC meeting - Why did he attend ?

Jonathan did not attend OIC meeting - He hate Islam.

Nigeria is bigger than any religion.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting by koikoi2(m): 5:08am On Feb 04, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Jonathan attended OIC meeting, and some people are still accusing him of dividing the country along religious line, GEJ is always looking for ways to please the northern elites.

And as far as OIC is concerned, It was Buhari who took the first step, If not that IBB deposed him, He would have completed the process.

He's just trying to launder Buhari's image, Most lawyers are liars, It becomes worst If that lawyer becomes a politician.

I agree with u

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting by nzeadachie: 5:16am On Feb 04, 2015
IS THIS MAN A PASTOR FOR REAL?

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting by vega84(m): 5:43am On Feb 04, 2015
And so? That he attended the yeye meeting wat does it change? Are u saying that the meeting is evil or are u saying that GEJ who is a christian is trying to drag the whole of nigerian into Islam? Fr ur info Mr prof no body can do that even GMB who is a muslim.so we hav out grown that threat. Find another topic aganist GEJ cos this one doesn't hold water.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting by Alphaoscar: 5:49am On Feb 04, 2015
Jonah must go back to Otuoke!!

15 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting by oluspencer(m): 7:14am On Feb 04, 2015
brainpower:

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting by teemanbastos(m): 7:17am On Feb 04, 2015
One with God is a majority.
Tho all celebrities,Thieves,CAN,Oyedepos etc support GEJ out of Money
but if God is with Osinbajo.. He shall truely WIN.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting by oluspencer(m): 7:20am On Feb 04, 2015
brainpower:

Lol Olodo, sey no be d CAN whose presido na well know Arm smuggler

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting by msmon(m): 7:22am On Feb 04, 2015
What's the big deal in that? It's just amazing how we play politics in this country.

Goodluck Jonathan Is A Superior Presidential Material To Muhammadu Buhari, By Femi Aribisala(Columnist)
www.nairaland.com/2127363/gej-superior-presidential-material-gmb#2127363.3

I’ll Perform Better In My Second
Term If Re-Elected - President Jonathan
Assures

www.nairaland.com/2128799/ill-perform-better-second-term#30406396

We Are Not Aware Of Plan For Interim
Government - Nigeria Army

www.nairaland.com/2129048/not-aware-plan-interim-government

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting by Caseless: 7:22am On Feb 04, 2015
brainpower:
why are you this shallow-minded? Gej employed boko haram members into his govt and once call them our brothers, what do u say to that?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting by quixotic: 7:25am On Feb 04, 2015
i wonder what the proponents of the islamization text will say now. O i forgot they will say he went to de list nigeria. Sometimes i really think a people get the leadership they deserve. If we can fall for cheap religious blackmail then we deserve what we get

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting by genearts(m): 7:32am On Feb 04, 2015
SeverusSnape:

He attended OIC meetings to please northern elites?? My dear he attended OIC meetings so he will be able to borrow money from Islamic Development Bank

11 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting by SeverusSnape(m): 7:35am On Feb 04, 2015
genearts:

He attended OIC meetings to please northern elites?? My dear he attended OIC meetings so he will be able to borrow money from Islamic Development Bank
Are you serious

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting by o42austino(m): 7:39am On Feb 04, 2015
I saw a trend where VP.sambo make a Religious sentiment statement and now am seeing an Aspiring VP from APC making another Sentimental Religious Statement,this Means that the Two top contenders In the VP slots are Dumb and stupid ti the highest Level and Should be denied their slots as VPs.

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting by 4direct: 7:50am On Feb 04, 2015
Stale

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Chides Jonathan For Attending OIC Meeting by tola9ja: 8:26am On Feb 04, 2015
Chemistry Exam....(CHEM 419)
(THERMODYNAMICS OF POLICTICAL CHEMISTRY)
TIME ALLOWED: 72 Hours.
QUESTION
1. In a reaction involving 72g of Buharium
sulphate
and 53g of Janatine carbonate, 2015g of
presidium
electorate acid was produced.
i. Calculate the percentage purity of the
product,and
assuming the reaction took place under Jega
standard condition.
ii. Assuming that 3g of Ma'azuim Chloride was
added
using Goodluckium solution, calculate the mass
of
Buharium sulphate that would have been
needed for
the reaction to be WINothermic?
iii. What is the colour of Goodluckium Chloride
before
and after free and fair reaction?
iv. Calculate the molecular weight of the
reactants
and products with respect to their places on the
electrochemicalseries of quality leadership and
state
which is stronger and why.
v. Using their molecular numbers, prove that
Jonatine
Chloride is weak and would need more INECium
solution from JEGAnium nitrate to be able to
precipitate Buharium from the reaction.
vi. Why is it that the solution of RIGium
produced
can't react with APCium Nitrate but would react
violently under PDPium Jonite acid?
NB : Use of Four Rigging Table is not allowed in
the
exam Hall.

19 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

9th House: Meet Gbajabiamila’s Men (and Women) / Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker / Military Recaptures Abadam & Kills Dozens Of Insurgents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.