Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker (35529 Views)

‘How Fubara, Wike Reached Truce’ - Rivers Lawmaker, Enemi George / Linda Somiari Stewart: Rivers Lawmaker Makes U-Turn, Returns To PDP / Ralph Uwazuruike Blasts Wike Over Hotel Demolition Says "What Nonsense Governor" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker by Antoeni(m): 3:12pm On Dec 13, 2023
Enemi Alabo George, one of the members of the Rivers State House of Assembly who defected from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives Congress (APC), has expressed concern that the demolition of the House of Assembly complex by the state government has resulted in the loss of important historical information, records, and archives.

Alabo-George, the Chairman of the House Committee on Informational, described Governor Siminalayi Fubara’s government’s action as the height of irresponsibility and stated that there was no need to destroy the entire complex when the explosion that rocked the complex only affected the hallowed chamber.

He bemoaned the fact that staff and legislators were not permitted to remove their personal belongings and documentation before the destruction started.

In an interview on Channels TV on Wednesday afternoon, he said: “I came to Abuja for a meeting yesterday (Tuesday) and I was supposed to go back to Port Harcourt this morning when I heard the news. It’s a sad, unfortunate, and interesting day to be alive; that we would wake up to see many years of hard work, history and works of our forebears and predecessors brought down in one fell swoop.

“Our documents, files, archives, and the entire signature of the Rivers State House of Assembly, built from the fourth Assembly till date, were brought down for nothing. But I think history will judge everyone. I’m not talking about personal items and stuff we had in our offices.

“When I came here (to the Assembly), I learnt the job through documents, files, and archives I saw in the library and other things. Everything that represents the history and image of the House of Assembly from the first Assembly to date has just been brought down, and it’s something very difficult to explain. I’m as shocked as people are.”

When asked why he didn’t buy the state government’s explanation that the building’s structural integrity was compromised following the explosion that shook the area a few weeks prior, Alabo-George responded, “The Rivers State House of Assembly building, before it was brought down today, was the best House of Assembly building in Nigeria. It was the finest and the best planned.

“The fire happened in the hallowed chamber of the House of Assembly, and that was why we moved to another auditorium. The complex is massive, but everyone knows what the issues are.

“If you want to demolish the official building that houses the House of Assembly, you would give notices, allow us to move out our stuff, and documents, and the House has to approve it. The executive cannot move in one day to demolish the House of Assembly without the approval of the House and let us plan where to move to.

"You don’t wake up one day and lead bulldozers into the complex and bring it down with everything inside. It is difficult to explain; because of one man’s ego. This is the height of recklessness and lawlessness.”

He said Martin Amaewhule remained the Speaker of the Assembly, backed by a subsisting court order, and that nothing had changed. “He remains the speaker and whatever that (ex parte order) was is void. The court allows the Assembly to carry out our functions unfettered and unhindered. So, all that has been done is void.”

He explained further that it was laughable that their seats were declared vacant by the Speaker, Edison Ehie, who is recognized by Tuesday’s court order.

He stated: “It’s funny. We have the constitution and everything we have done was in accordance with the dictates of the constitution. Section 109 (1)(g) is clear, that if there is a division in my party, I can move to another party, and that is what we have done. Whatever those four people, the Speaker inclusive, do does not have the legal power. So, it’s not an issue and we are not bothered.”

He said even though Wike remained their mentor and leader, he had no hand in their defection to the APC.

He promised that the Assembly would not submit to the executive branch’s suppression.

https://thenationonlineng.net/fubara-has-erased-rivers-history-with-assembly-demolition-says-rivers-lawmaker/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker by Antoeni(m): 3:12pm On Dec 13, 2023
No SIM NO Network

261 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker by havecycle: 3:14pm On Dec 13, 2023
shocked

1 Like

Re: Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker by Antoeni(m): 3:15pm On Dec 13, 2023
Wike is Not the Only Strategist. Some persons Are Better than Hm. Fubara Has Proved Himself

274 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker by Antoeni(m): 3:16pm On Dec 13, 2023
~He Removed the Speaker & Replaced him with a new speaker

~He Changed the Attorney General & Secretary to State Government

~He Declared the 25 seat of state HoA Members Vacant & He Announces Fresh Bye Election

~He Successfully Present 2024 Budget

~He Wished Nyesom Wike HBD

NO SIM NO Network

465 Likes 45 Shares

Re: Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker by Dreal1247: 3:23pm On Dec 13, 2023
Fubara may be Wike 's political son or disciple. But if Wike doesn't thread with caution, he may be advancing his political disaster through picking a fight which Fubara. Many people in Rivers State are no longer happy with Wike.

217 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker by Dreal1247: 3:25pm On Dec 13, 2023
Moreover, most of Woke's secret financial dealings are well known to Fubara.

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker by Antoeni(m): 3:31pm On Dec 13, 2023
Live score: 5 -2

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker by Macphenson: 3:33pm On Dec 13, 2023
E pain this assembly member. You went to Abuja to plot with Wike on how to demystify Fubura, he got the intel and checkmated your plans.
Now you are reading the book of lamentations.

252 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker by TruthsFM: 3:41pm On Dec 13, 2023
Book of lamentation have started, this one will learn in hard way. Fubara is winning the war hard. No time to waste here

131 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker by mejetov422: 4:16pm On Dec 13, 2023
Hmmm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker by AsthmaKingsley: 4:16pm On Dec 13, 2023
We ESN criminals fully support the destruction
dssnigeria @PoliceNGR

4 Likes

Re: Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker by enemyofprogress: 4:17pm On Dec 13, 2023
Fubara 2-1 wike

24 Likes

Re: Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker by greenie77: 4:18pm On Dec 13, 2023
This film go long o! cheesy cheesy

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker by Lovenorth: 4:18pm On Dec 13, 2023
I love Fubara, Wike and Ebola in the mud

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker by Aw6793: 4:18pm On Dec 13, 2023
this is definition of violence

8 Likes

Re: Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker by Infobase101: 4:19pm On Dec 13, 2023
Good

1 Like

Re: Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker by slaawomirr: 4:19pm On Dec 13, 2023
Damnnn niggar

He is fast learning from his boss

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker by treatise: 4:19pm On Dec 13, 2023

11 Likes

Re: Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker by theophorus(m): 4:19pm On Dec 13, 2023
I hope say Oga Sim get the energy for the Wahala wen him dey drag so.

He be like nobody dey loyal again, Obaseki do am and Sim don dey do him own.

Obaseki win the last round but He don dey see say him go lose subsequent rounds, so he don dey beg Oshiomole.

Sim don dey do like DON but hope say him get the war-chest to win this round?

Las-last "In a World where there are no Rules; No one is Safe".

9 Likes

Re: Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker by callmevirus(m): 4:19pm On Dec 13, 2023
Nothing concern me but E dey mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker by Mosba: 4:20pm On Dec 13, 2023
Who history eb?

3 Likes

Re: Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker by Yeeyo: 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2023
Fubara take it gentle not to hurt urself

2 Likes

Re: Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker by money121(m): 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2023
Ok
Re: Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker by FreeStuffsNG: 4:22pm On Dec 13, 2023
Antoeni:

https://thenationonlineng.net/fubara-has-erased-rivers-history-with-assembly-demolition-says-rivers-lawmaker/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Hmmm. I remember that Yoruba adage that if a house is peaceful it is because the illegitimate child in that family has not grown up. The day anyone wakes up to demolish a state house of Assembly in Yorubaland, that politician and his descendants are cancelled forever niyen!

A Governor still has Bosses in Yorubaland! Sim Fubara and Wike need to be called to order.

What Fubara did must be investigated by the Department of State Security (DSS) and if he is found culpable,, Sim Fubara must be prosecuted after office, made to refund the money and jailed so that no power drunk Governor will ever try this again. This is not different from what Donald Trump did on Jan 6 attack on the US legislature for which he is now being tried along with those who destroyed the US capitol.

I can't even imagine Seyi Makinde demolishing Oyo state House of Assembly where the likes of Pa Awo, Pa Akintola and other Legends treaded. Haba! Check my signature for free stuffs!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker by Ofunaofu: 4:22pm On Dec 13, 2023
sad
Re: Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker by MDBAKP: 4:22pm On Dec 13, 2023
When a snail falls from a tree and hit the tortoise on the ground both of them will adjust inside with fear but who moves first really matters.

12 Likes

Re: Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker by jrusky(m): 4:22pm On Dec 13, 2023
At the end of it all another NBillions will sink for rebuilding the complex pls why, Fubara why?

Same thing the NNPP ex Kano governor did that make me to dislike him because ut is evil to be destroying properties not illegally built and not under investigation, pls its not good its a bloody waste of scarce resource and corruption.

4 Likes

Re: Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker by ClearFlair: 4:22pm On Dec 13, 2023
So they went to their leader and wailed and said oh mandatelord we shall be your slaves.

We shall stand, on the mandate, through hail and through brim.

And their leader said to them "I no longer have chains fit for human slaves".

"I no longer have needs for slaves, I have slaves and I have sons of slaves born in my house".

"However I am now in need of animals, fear not, for you shall be fed".

"I have beautiful collars and chains".

"Become my dear animals, crawl around Aso Rock, crawl from Jabbi Lake to the Lagoon and back".

"Do not stand on the mandate, grovel on it and bark all day".

And they answered him" oh master, may your eight lay on its bac side for long, we will be your animals".

We will roam and we will bark on all fours, we will do it for as long as our skulls remain empty.

#Copied

12 Likes

Re: Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker by Tjra: 4:22pm On Dec 13, 2023
All the IPOBdients on Nairaland are suddenly in support of Fubara.

I just don't understand these people and their love for chaos.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo Launches Coalition For Nigeria Movement In Ogun / Buhari Has Failed Nigeria – Northern Elders Forum / Forgery: Saraki And Ekweremadu In The Dock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.