Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Nothing Wrong For Northerners Campaigning For Jonathan-lamido - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nothing Wrong For Northerners Campaigning For Jonathan-lamido (785 Views)

PDP Looks Up To Jonathan, Lamido, Mark To Lead Reconciliation / Gowon: There's Nothing Wrong With Restructuring Nigeria, I Did It In 1967 / Picture Of Hot And Beautiful Ladies Campaigning For Buhari/osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nothing Wrong For Northerners Campaigning For Jonathan-lamido by Mogidi: 9:25am On Feb 04, 2015
Sule Lamido Says Nothing Wrong For Northerners Campaigning For Jonathan

Governor Sule Lamido of Jigawa on Tuesday said he is still a card carrying member of the Peoples Democratic Party [PDP] and that his recent visit to Governor Rotimi Amaechi was to discuss the need for campaign officials to jettison smear campaigns as they sell themselves to the electorate.

Mr. Lamido made the declaration at a PDP governorship rally in Kaugama, Kaugama Local Government Area, Jigawa.

The governor made the declaration against insinuations that he would ditch the party for the All Progressives Party [APC] following his meeting with Rivers Governor Amaechi.

Mr. Lamido said that he was a PDP member and would intensify campaign for the re-election of President Goodluck Jonathan and other candidates of the party.

He said he had cautioned Mr. Amechi on the dangers associated with smear campaigns among politicians, which was inimical to the growth of democratic governance in the country.

[size=15pt]“If Amaechi, a Southerner and a Christian is campaigning for Gen. Muhammadu Buhari of the APC; I do not see any wrong for me, a northerner and Muslim to campaign for President Jonathan.[/size]

“Leadership comes from God. And in his divine wisdom made people of northern and southern extraction to live in one land, our dear country, Nigeria.

“We are one and we should not allow some disgruntled elements using politics, religion and ethnicity to cause disaffection among our people.

“Ignore what they are saying; it is frivolous and cheap lies to deceive voters.

“They said I do not care for the north and called me a pastor, but it does not bother me,” Mr. Lamido said.

He said the founding fathers had fought for the nation’s independence irrespective of creed or religious affiliations. and therefore, Nigerians should unite for peace and progress of the country.

The governor advised the electorate to vote for credible and patriotic leaders, who would render selfless service and move the country forward.

“You should not be deceived by the smear campaigns. Vote for credible people, those who respect human rights, ensure accountability and transparency in governance.

“I advise you to vote wisely,” he said, adding that the PDP led-administration had brought positive development in the country in the last 16 years.

Also speaking, the PDP gubernatorial candidate in the state, Aminu Ibrahim, pledged to consolidate on the feat achieved by Mr. Lamido’s administration. (NAN)

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/sule-lamido-says-nothing-wrong-northerners-campaigning-jonathan/
Re: Nothing Wrong For Northerners Campaigning For Jonathan-lamido by SeverusSnape(m): 9:27am On Feb 04, 2015
I just like this man... He's the next president after GEJ.
Lamido 2023!
He's the ideal northern leader... Not all those ones that believes power is their birth right.

2 Likes

Re: Nothing Wrong For Northerners Campaigning For Jonathan-lamido by ShineuEye: 9:28am On Feb 04, 2015
But your life will be at risk if caught by fulani herdsmen.
Re: Nothing Wrong For Northerners Campaigning For Jonathan-lamido by Mogidi: 9:29am On Feb 04, 2015
Seems the intimidation by northern extremist hasn't detered GEJ supporters up north.

1 Like

Re: Nothing Wrong For Northerners Campaigning For Jonathan-lamido by temitemi1(m): 9:34am On Feb 04, 2015
They can't stop GEJ from becoming president again! GEJ till 2019!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nothing Wrong For Northerners Campaigning For Jonathan-lamido by Mogidi: 9:43am On Feb 04, 2015
[size=15pt]The Change is already here.[/size]

Re: Nothing Wrong For Northerners Campaigning For Jonathan-lamido by Mogidi: 9:46am On Feb 04, 2015
[size=15pt] Under Jonathan, Nigeria Is In Safe Hands – IBB[/size]

Former military President, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, on Tuesday said with the peace, stability and development in the country, Nigeria is very safe in the hands of President Goodluck Jonathan.

Babangida spoke at his Minna Uphill residence when he played host to President Jonathan, who was in Niger State in continuation of his nationwide campaign.

Accordingly, he said: “I share the same passion with Jonathan in making sure of a peaceful, stable and developed Nigeria. Whenever I discuss with him (Jonathan), I see a young man who has the passion for Nigeria.”

“Under Jonathan, Nigeria is in safe hand. All presidents that this country has produced have come to Minna for blessing and today that you (Jonathan) have come. I will offer you that blessing.”

Babangida also commended the party for going on the right path as the party is devoid of religious and ethnicity.

In his own submission, President Jonathan described his host as a dependable pillar that has continued to ensure the stability of the country.

“As a deputy governor, you took me as a son and since I came on board as vice president till date, you have been a pillar and a charismatic leader. You have been a stabilising factor in this country in many ways.”

“You are not like some other past leaders. We pray for long life for you so that you can continue to mentor the country and you give rightful direction to us.”

The President later went into a closed-door meeting with his host and some chieftains of the People’s Democratic Party on his entourage.

Jonathan arrived in Babangida’s house at 5:15pm.

Among those present at Babangida’s house with President Jonathan were Vice President Namadi Sambo; Minister of Mines and Steel Development, Arc. Mohammed Sada; the Minister for Special Duties, Saminu Turaki; the Minister of State for Agriculture, Hajia Asmau Asabe Ahmed; the Director General of the PDP Presidential Campaign Organisation, Ahmadu Alli; Prof. Jerry Gana; and the PDP National Chairman, Adamu Mu’azu.
http://www.theheraldng.com/jonathan-nigeria-safe-hands-ibb/?wt=7
Re: Nothing Wrong For Northerners Campaigning For Jonathan-lamido by Mogidi: 9:48am On Feb 04, 2015
FFK Speaking about APC (a must watch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox2nwKGYn8c
Re: Nothing Wrong For Northerners Campaigning For Jonathan-lamido by Mogidi: 10:13am On Feb 04, 2015
General Muhammadu Buhari's Post-election Reign of Terror.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP2Bel548kY

Why I'm No longer Buhari's spokeman-Yinka Odumakin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLi2on8AI5c
Re: Nothing Wrong For Northerners Campaigning For Jonathan-lamido by nellyjohn: 1:35pm On Feb 04, 2015
No matter what, GEJ all the way till 2019

(1) (Reply)

Conspiracy To Scuttle Elections Exposed / If They Like, Let Them Shift The Election To December 31 ~ Ogechi Nwatu / Why Was Shecow's Latest Video Shot Indoors?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.