Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,470 members, 7,819,718 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

FG Denies Operating Excess Crude Account - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Denies Operating Excess Crude Account (11338 Views)

FG Denies Secretly Sharing $4Billion Paris, London Club Money / Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account / $20bn Excess Crude Account: Many‘ll Go To Jail After May 29…. Sen. Adeyeye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Denies Operating Excess Crude Account by PassingShot(m): 12:57pm On Feb 04, 2015
imoleay0:

...as if you matter, I know how you low lifers operate, hiding behind internet to type what you can't say.
Why don't you work on yourself first before you start insulting a sitting president?

Eranko lasan lasan.

Omo ale jati jati ni e. Oponu ayirada lasan lasan!

3 Likes

Re: FG Denies Operating Excess Crude Account by Chrisabig(m): 1:03pm On Feb 04, 2015
I see everybody on this nairaland are for apc, even with UNA eyes you guys still blind to see and tell the truth. How can a old stupid fool that rule my father father will still come and rule me in this model life, are you guys stupid or mad. GEJ make not be good but never will it be this Fulani guy, never in my life

1 Like

Re: FG Denies Operating Excess Crude Account by coldFLARES1(m): 1:09pm On Feb 04, 2015
Una never jam wahala. Una go soon hear say 'No foreign reserve'
Re: FG Denies Operating Excess Crude Account by fandango: 1:36pm On Feb 04, 2015
nigerhead:

Chairman, the majority of the governors are PDP governors and not "opposition governors". The Federal goverment cannot in one breath tell us that they are sharing money from an "Excess Crude Account", then now go to court and say there is no such excess crude account.
re-read and undst my post.Am glad dat ur wise enough to folow this up. So when FG share allocation to C'Rive,A'Ibom,Bayelsa n others they wont share to Edo,Lagos,Imo and Rivers?. Abaa guy check ur fact well.
Re: FG Denies Operating Excess Crude Account by olas24u(f): 2:05pm On Feb 04, 2015
[quote author=noblementor post=30418579]Leave GEJ alone!!! [/quote

You said he will islamize Nigeria ,but now you have changed the story after he got pastors to reassure the Christians of the false hood ,you have now changed the story

1 Like

Re: FG Denies Operating Excess Crude Account by docadams: 2:16pm On Feb 04, 2015
I have gone through this thread but can't seem to find
Kenai
Collynzo9
Ngwake
Firefire
Pa Chukwudi
Anomini

2 Likes

Re: FG Denies Operating Excess Crude Account by blazesam(m): 2:17pm On Feb 04, 2015
I now know why former Attorney General in ya'radua's administration never wanted Goodluck to take over. He saw the clueless man and his plans. Mrs Yaradua knew as the husband was dead but they two hided it and had covers. Ngozi came in with a money swallowing machine,how are my not sure she is datin GEJ? Hm Buhari get good plans for una. Buy the best and fastest jet that can take you out of this country as Febuhari 14 finishes or NTA that documents buhari will documents you guys badly
Re: FG Denies Operating Excess Crude Account by iwatchandlisten(m): 3:32pm On Feb 04, 2015
Interesting...maybe since the people that dragged the FG to court refused to settle out of court, the FG is going on the offensive as it were. It is now up the the governors that want to keep sharing everything to prove the existence of the ECA. Is the ECA recognised in the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria? that is something to consider.

Why are we blaming the FG for not saving for the rainy day, when the governors are always insisting on sharing any monies acruing to the country over the budget benchmark of crude oil sales? The Sovereign Wealth Fund would have been a buffer to the economy against the 'downward spiral' (appologies AVB) of crude oil prices, but it took the FG fighting tooth and nail to manage to set aside $1 billion for the SWF.

Isn't that court case meant to scuttle the SWF and share the money? Its tragic and even hilarious when some of us want to eat our cake and have it. [color=#000099][/color]

1 Like

Re: FG Denies Operating Excess Crude Account by pendy79: 3:33pm On Feb 04, 2015
docadams:
Kenai
Collynzo9
Ngwake
Firefire
Pa Chukwudi
Anomini

For where? They are still in denial and think the government failure and corruotion is felt by only a set of people.

1 Like

Re: FG Denies Operating Excess Crude Account by Pebcak: 3:36pm On Feb 04, 2015
pendy79:
The Federal Government yesterday told the Supreme Court that there was nothing like Excess Crude Account (ECA) in existence anywhere and challenged the 36 states challenging the legality of the alleged account to prove otherwise.

The case came up on Tuesday after several failed attempts for an out-of-court settlement between the warring parties. In the suit, the states are also challenging the transfer of $1 billion from the account to the Sovereign Wealth Fund (SWF).

The court, presided by the Chief Justice of Nigeria, was forced to adjourn proceedings to March 19, 2015 after the court could not locate some of the processes filed by counsel to the 36 states of the federation, Yusuf Ali.

Although Ali had urged the court for a stand down to enable him trace the process at the registrar, he was overruled by the CJN who said the court had no luxury of time to grant such a request.

Earlier, counsel from the chambers of the Federal Attorney General, Mohammed Bello Adoke (SAN), Ahmed Abdulmalik informed the court that the alleged Excess Crude Account does not exist.

His words: “The plaintiffs are deceiving themselves. They are aware that there is nothing like ECA anywhere. As soon as any money comes from the account, it is channeled into the Federation Account and shared every month among the states.

“The Federal Government is at a loss as to how the states came up with their claim. The Federal Government is interested in proceeding with this case so that the states can tell the court where the ECA is domiciled. My lords, we are ready to tackle the plaintiffs in court.”

The CJN had earlier insisted that the matter should be settled amicably out of court by both parties saying there was nothing difficult to warrant the interpretation by the Supreme Court.

“If counsels are sincere with their clients, it’s a matter that should be resolved without the court’s intervention,” Justice Mohammed stated.

In the suit, the states stated that the conduct of the government of the federation and its officials was a violation of rule of law and a breach of the independence of the judiciary and constitutes a violation of the principles of rule of law handed down by the Supreme Court in the case of Governor of Lagos v Odumegwu Ojukwu (1986) pt 1 NSCC 304 and Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi v INEC (2008) 5 NWLR (pt 1080) 277.

In addition, they described the action of the Federal Government as executive lawlessness and impunity, saying the proposed disbursement of $1 billion by the Federal Government, its Minister of Finance and other officers would create a state of fait accompli and helplessness, if not stopped immediately

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=103130

1 Like

Re: FG Denies Operating Excess Crude Account by utytill(m): 3:47pm On Feb 04, 2015
i.e,d account is in debit balance or dormant.
Re: FG Denies Operating Excess Crude Account by Sunday8650: 4:12pm On Feb 04, 2015
sunayo:
Why are you APC supporters all ranting? Tell your governors not to settle out of court. They should provide EVIDENCE, FACTS, that all FG asked for.

Don't you think if the account exist your governors will provide details?

Every month they share excess money on crude instead of saving for raining days. Now that oil price has crashed they are now crying.
The fact you need is your minister of finance. Ngozi Iweala attest to the fact that their is excess crude account and claim 9.3billion dollars was in there. now your stupid president and his attorney claim their is no ECA account.

please you guys should package your lie well before it leaves your mouth.

So obvious its only fools that protect a thief and fraudster thinking he is not stealing from him. Everything you all have been eating soon you will cough it out or spend your life in kirikiri

1 Like

Re: FG Denies Operating Excess Crude Account by pendy79: 4:27pm On Feb 04, 2015
Sunday8650:

The fact you need is your minister of finance. Ngozi Iweala attest to the fact that their is excess crude account and claim 9.3billion dollars was in there. now your stupid president and his attorney claim their is no ECA account.

please you guys should package your lie well before it leaves your mouth.

So obvious its only fools that protect a thief and fraudster thinking he is not stealing from him. Everything you all have been eating soon you will cough it out or spend your life in kirikiri

Nigeria will and can only change the moment it's citizens believe that ethnic consideration and religious bigotry are mere human contraptions that hinder truth.

If the government is truthful and responsive to the yearning of its people, the people will derive maximum and better quality of life.

2 Likes

Re: FG Denies Operating Excess Crude Account by jaytee01(m): 5:15pm On Feb 04, 2015
imoleay0:

It's obvious all you want to see/hear about this government is bad news, that's why you don't search for truth to confirm before you conclude. who are you to talk about sense when you have none?
Give it up, there's nothing you can do to GEJ with that temporary voters card in your hands.

Settle with your life first man.
You need to see a shrink!

1 Like

Re: FG Denies Operating Excess Crude Account by Change2015(m): 5:29pm On Feb 04, 2015
Using the ECA to pay fraudulent fuel subsidy is unpardonable. Wasn't the fake subsidy already budgeted for?

#change
#GMB
#APC

1 Like

Re: FG Denies Operating Excess Crude Account by jaytee01(m): 6:04pm On Feb 04, 2015
As is usual under GEJ, the money don enta voicemail!

1 Like

Re: FG Denies Operating Excess Crude Account by jaytee01(m): 6:08pm On Feb 04, 2015
docadams:
Kenai
Collynzo9
Ngwake
Firefire
Pa Chukwudi
Anomini
angry
Re: FG Denies Operating Excess Crude Account by jaytee01(m): 6:15pm On Feb 04, 2015
Chrisabig:
I see everybody on this nairaland are for apc, even with UNA eyes you guys still blind to see and tell the truth. How can a old stupid fool that rule my father father will still come and rule me in this model life, are you guys stupid or mad. GEJ make not be good but never will it be this Fulani guy, never in my life
It is not the people on this forum who are silly but you, a confirmed irredeemable idi.ot.

Fortunately, you have only one vote and you can cast it for your father if you so wish.
Re: FG Denies Operating Excess Crude Account by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 04, 2015
PassingShot:

Omo ale jati jati ni e. Oponu ayirada lasan lasan!

See u, I live in my father's house, where do u live?

1 Like

Re: FG Denies Operating Excess Crude Account by chronique(m): 6:26pm On Feb 04, 2015
The ECA is illegal and has been scrapped. What we now have is the SWF. ECA was created under Obasanjo. As at today,there is nothing like ECA.
pendy79:

why the sudden denial of the ECA? they said they were saving some funds from the sales of Crude in the ECA but when the state governors said they want to be privy to how the funds is being managed they are suddenly denying its existence.

It is clear the ECA is being run and operated like the way they operate the NNPC accounts, they have no records of how they expend monies since it is part of their National Cake they cut off chunks from as they pleases.
Re: FG Denies Operating Excess Crude Account by Empiree: 7:14pm On Feb 04, 2015
tola9ja:
BOKO HARAM DOCUMENTARY PLEASE WATCH

PLEASE WATCH PLEASE WATCH PLEASE WATCH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVRcjonuoq4
This is deep. Isn't ?. Allah will expose....inshAllah
Re: FG Denies Operating Excess Crude Account by PassingShot(m): 7:53pm On Feb 04, 2015
imoleay0:

See u, I live in my father's house, where do u live?

I live in my own house. Otan abi ko tan?
Re: FG Denies Operating Excess Crude Account by stevecantrell: 8:31pm On Feb 04, 2015
coldFLARES1:
Una never jam wahala. Una go soon hear say 'No foreign reserve'

Hmm...the man is very confident to say no ECA exists...let's see what happens next...interesting times..
Re: FG Denies Operating Excess Crude Account by elohorayodele: 9:45pm On Feb 04, 2015
julie8:
The Nigerian Government under PDP is a shame.

I know you somewhere, your pic looks familiar
Re: FG Denies Operating Excess Crude Account by Nobody: 9:27am On Feb 05, 2015
elohorayodele:

I know you somewhere, your pic looks familiar
Really? I'm feeling so fly this morning. Where did you school?
Re: FG Denies Operating Excess Crude Account by elohorayodele: 10:18am On Feb 05, 2015
julie8:
Really? I'm feeling so fly this morning. Where did you school?

Not school, I have seen your pic somewhere. IS that you in your profile pic?
Re: FG Denies Operating Excess Crude Account by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 05, 2015
elohorayodele:

Not school, I have seen your pic somewhere. IS that you in your profile pic?
No. Thats my bestie. Her birthday was last week.
Re: FG Denies Operating Excess Crude Account by ideologies(m): 10:55am On Feb 05, 2015
Sanchez01:
JESUS! No excess crude account ke Someone please tell me I'm still in Nigeria shocked shocked shocked shocked

Source : http://www.mynewswatchtimesng.com/jonathan-not-squander-excess-crude-account-foreign-reserves-finance-ministry/
It is the truth, this is one of the reasons GEJ had issues with Amaechi.

Amaechi was against saving the money. He wanted it to be added to allocation and shared monthly. GEJ eventually gave in.

Now they are asking for account balance for the money that they have been sharing since. Because their tenure is ending, they are looking for final money to steal since they have spent a lot in campaigns.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Conflicts APC Needs To Resolve Before 2019 / Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor / Dangote Refineries Plan Supply To 150,000 IPMAN Stations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.