Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,020 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. (24351 Views)

INEC Declares Ohuabunwa Winner Of Abia-North Senatorial Rerun / Orji Uzor-Kalu Wins At Appeal As Court Sacks Mao Ohuabunwa / Probe Jonathan, Be Fair, PDP Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:30am On Feb 06, 2015
AreaFada2:

While being frugal is good in government, a country like Nigeria with decayed or non-existent infrastructure clearly needed & needs investment, upgrade, improvement, whatever.

In criticising GEJ's money management/investment in capital projects, he should have focused on whether we got value for our money. With facts and analogies from all over the world. To condemn the investments in favour of saving is epic fail.

How can one condemn building new Fed universities when some Nigerians are paying huge tuition fees studying in Ghana, some of the schools housed in portakabins?
Or the airports that were falling apart? Or railway?

Failure to invest over 40 years is what prompted GEJ's spending.

Thank you bro...even the kind of .money he's calling is just unimaginable... if you take out half of that 30trillion from Nigerian economy; Nigerian economy will collapse and we will be bankrupt immediately...

1 Like

Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:32am On Feb 06, 2015
anyaikenga:
A manufacturer and real player in the economy has spoken. not a farmer at Ota who could no longer cultivate on his stolen land. Or a Central Bank Governor that his people rejected twice in Anambra.

thank you bro

1 Like

Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:38am On Feb 06, 2015
chidinwachukwu:

Some Nigerians like you like writing plenty assay without making any sense.Why don't you Disprove all those facts he wrote above with your own established Facts gotten from International regulatory Bodies,Instead of attacking his Person.its a Pity you still need a long time to argue maturely

Sorry, it is not my fault that you seem lazy to read long essays and comprehend same...What's the essence of the article by a manufacturer and real player in the economy or didn't you read it?... This is not write ups from classroom heroes like soludo who have the theories but not the experience... What I simply did was to juxtapose this article with the fallacies from soludo....learn to task yourself bro...thanks
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:42am On Feb 06, 2015
datribune:

dis is d mistake dat most nigerians make. because it is frm TI, it must be correct no matter how wrong it is. Guy, Transparency international is a wholly corporate funded special interest lobbying group. While they may include professional, dedicated, & immensely sincere people, d sum of their effort is to advance d collective interests of d corporations dat populate d board of directors & fund dem. Bottom line - they ar prone to all sorts of influences. At times they issue misleading propaganda to support a pre-determined narrative. It is worthy of note dat Soludo accused Okonjo-Iweala of forging & manipulating national statistics. dis may or may not be relevant.
However it's nothing short of gullibity to believe a report frm whichever quarters dat seeks to turn logic on its head by saying dat corruption is in decline under dis govt whose guiding belief is dat stealing is not corruption. Think! smh.

Now, answer me; how did you and soludo get your own data since the one quoted in the article is wrong or were you part of the looting crew? since TI is biased...how do you get your own unbiased result...

2 Likes

Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:55am On Feb 06, 2015
kunlenkirol:
To those castigating Charlse Soludo, I urge you to read his submission objectively. To the PDP goons, you may not be objective because your appetite won't allow. And to Sam something, your enumerations are theoretical. It will sell well in economics text books, and not in reality. I have a question for you, what can a common man term development, economic growth and qualitative and quantitative development. You talked about creating job, what is the yardstick of measuring job creation. I know u will say The National Bureau of Statistics is an authority in that. How has that benefited a common man.
We expected much from this government bearing in mind the promises and advertisements. On Soludo, some are saying he is job hunting, I don't know what you mean by that though, one thing I saw u his article is that It tallies with reality. Let the people concern come out and defend the allegation leveled against them. At lerast Nigerians esp the non economist have the roght to know the crux.
On Gej and Gmb, they are not the messaih, just that one is better off than the other.
My submission, Gej's administration should have done well or better early rather than trying to revive his image. The next election will go a long way in retracting the image of this country if and only if the masses will come out enmasse and vote wisely. And should inec not rig the election in favour of Mr A or General A.

Bro, you are the biased one here. And there are so many tautologies in your post. You need to learn the difference between economic growth and economic development as well...Now, between Soludo who is a classroom economics teacher without any company for practicals and Sam Ohuabunwa, big time manufacturer, economist and real player in the pharmaceutical industry sector; who is not in touch with reality? Is it soludo or Sam Who has real life experience between them? who will you believe his experience more?....open your mind bro...

2 Likes

Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by engrlarex(m): 10:59am On Feb 06, 2015
Aw all dis take affect the increment of our #19695 allowee

Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:22am On Feb 06, 2015
ooshinibos:

Honestly , i have not seen the impact , having said that , the amount of Money allocated to these power generation project for the past six years have not generated much looking at the MW produced exponetially ,
if i was jonathan adviser , i will heavilyly subsidised portable generation of power via solar panels for family homes , and water windmills power generation...secondly i will looking into those evil people that sell generators that are pulling back the efforts of power generation because of personal interest .. thirdly i will recruit a world major power generation consortium to fix this thing once and for all . like the one dubai and uae govt used ...nigeria biz men are too complex to be involved in electricity generation because too much money is being made by those that sell diesel and generator ....if we will be going in circles

Bro, I love your reasoning unlike so many kids Herr who may not even know or have an alternative to what they are criticising...but note that all you said are happening already; There's some villages in the north close to abuja that was used to test run the solar powered system...those places have light now 24/7....so also the windmill but these things don't just come easy or shortly like that...Google it, it takes like a minimum of 36months(3years) to build a power plant...now do the maths.... The big companies are here already eg general electric(GE)etc....sabotage is something that's too bad. it makes my heart to bleed...imagine spending like 3years using billions to connect a power station with gas plant using underground pipes; only to wake up and see that the pipe has been bombed....so you start afresh again... it is really bad...
And GEJ is doing this alongside training manpower too for the sector so that power stations can be sustained from the pool of engineers he's churning out...

1 Like

Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:32am On Feb 06, 2015
Omotolu:
...atleast I know that our naira is a mess; cost of living has skyrocketed. Though I did not finish primary school education- I am proud of what I have...

Lolz...bro which cost of living skyrocketed? Have you ever imagined why even with the global oil crisis which affected our currency just like Russia and others too that inflation has remained single digit Alongside other things...Bro, manufacturing sector and agriculture are now contributing substantially to our economy for the first time...It is a process; we are on the right track...The author of this article is a manufacturer and big employer of labour and he's confessing that government intervention in pharmaceutical industry is the first in history...

1 Like

Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:50am On Feb 06, 2015
bushdoc9919
I appreciate your submissions but most of the things you suggested are already being implemented...
Note also, that given the complexity in ajeokuta steel company its revitalization has been a problem. Now, after its privatisation under OBJ and subsequent withdrawal of licence of the owners later on..has led to so many litigations which has stalled any meaningful fit in that sector....
Power is very important bro...I believe we are on the right track in that aspect...there's no shortcut otherwise we may just end up running in a circle...
private companies don't come because of our oil boom rather they look at so many other economic indicators to determine its viability, stability and sustainability...

1 Like

Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by MrEverest(m): 11:53am On Feb 06, 2015
NOI or FG may not be willing to grant Ezekwesili or Soludo audience for debate, not because they lack facts to counter their propaganda but simply because Soludo/Ezekwesili has little or nothing to loose but everything to gain while FG has everything to loose should they commit a faux pas. Again personality wise, NOI is quite & more civil unlike Ezekwesili who is more firebrand & loud which some Nigerians could possibly misconstrue for articulation of facts! If Ezekwesili is the vice to Buhari or a key member of APC, then NOI should engage her but since she is not, it would be unwise for her to do so.

1 Like

Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:00pm On Feb 06, 2015
watchindelta:
Yes Jonathan has tried in some sectors but on security ummmm corruoption ummmm undecided but some citizens hatred for that guy nah just personal grin grin

thanks so much...most of the criticism isn't out patriotism but personal acrimony and hatred...
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by suzelle: 12:02pm On Feb 06, 2015
Need a very good paying part time job, Register at http://www.cashripe.com/?id=Suzelle Its easy, free and fun
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:04pm On Feb 06, 2015
MrEverest:
NOI or FG may not be willing to grant Ezekwesili or Soludo audience for debate, not because they lack facts to counter their propaganda but simply because Soludo/Ezekwesili has little or nothing to loose but everything to gain while FG has everything to loose should they commit a faux pas. Again personality wise, NOI is quite & more civil unlike Ezekwesili who is more firebrand & loud which some Nigerians could possibly misconstrue for articulation of facts! If Ezekwesili is the vice to Buhari or a key member of APC, then NOI should engage her but since she is not, it would be unwise for her to do so.

God bless you for this comment...

1 Like

Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by ijiini(m): 12:36pm On Feb 06, 2015
....aw much did dey pay you to.write all these trash mr sam whatever?
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by juman(m): 12:43pm On Feb 06, 2015
The write up was good, but the government performance does not deserves another term.
Those figures are just economy on paper, not reality. Nigerians are suffering.

Of course the railway is working, repairing of some roads, some universities built and better performance in agriculture than apc governors.
Corruption is growing, insecurity increasing, power supply not improving, unemployment and general suffering of the people are increasing.

Better hands are needed to perform better.
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:19pm On Feb 06, 2015
linusbnn:

Who force you to read? Everything clueless...Nonsense pple can't sit dwn and reason,even think better,all they do is shout clueless....Wic of wat this man wrote is false abi u no dey nigeria?. You never travel wit flight b4,so u dnt knw what has happened in our Airport way rain dey drop inside arrival section..You never use railway b4 na so so keke u dey jump enta,you never knw how efficient youwin can transform yur family lives,ask those that won previously, You no knw abt 12 federal universities, 150 amagiris sch for north,even wit dat there is still troublr dere, abi u no knw how many times dem award Benin-Lagos road?but now,the road na smooth ride,see Abuja-lokoja-benin road still under construction...The only area GEJ has performed poorly is fighting corruption and improving speedily on power,in others,he has tried his best..."Uneasiness lies the head that wears the crown"....Be wise and do not allow pple decieve yu bro...God bless Nigeria

thanks so much....personal hatred and animosity won't allow them to see those at all...
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by Swiftboy(m): 1:20pm On Feb 06, 2015
nicklaus40:
aw many ppl av felt the impact,seems u don't get what am saying. I see no changes in the standard of living of majority of Nigerians within the period Jonathan has ruled us
use your glasses,you're myopic. grin
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by ooshinibos: 1:59pm On Feb 06, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Bro, I love your reasoning unlike so many kids Herr who may not even know or have an alternative to what they are criticising...but note that all you said are happening already; There's some villages in the north close to abuja that was used to test run the solar powered system...those places have light now 24/7....so also the windmill but these things don't just come easy or shortly like that...Google it, it takes like a minimum of 36months(3years) to build a power plant...now do the maths.... The big companies are here already eg general electric(GE)etc....sabotage is something that's too bad. it makes my heart to bleed...imagine spending like 3years using billions to connect a power station with gas plant using underground pipes; only to wake up and see that the pipe has been bombed....so you start afresh again... it is really bad...
And GEJ is doing this alongside training manpower too for the sector so that power stations can be sustained from the pool of engineers he's churning out...

Thank you i understand the challenge that GEJ is going through ,nigeria is not an easily place ,some of the Nigeria are benefitting from the lack of electricity , but GEJ is the commander in chief ,i believe GEJ should continuehis transformation plan if he is can personally get involved , but he really has to personally supervise it , this is one of the keys to Nigeria's greatness ..if we hit 80 percent power generation ...security issues ,healthcare issues , infrastructures issues will be solved ..things will just work with little or no effort .. i wish he had made it his priority 2009 when he mentioned it ..he will not need to campaign for 2015 ..regards bruv
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by linusbnn(m): 4:54pm On Feb 06, 2015
hazyfm1:
WHO IS THIS REFUGEE??

For my country,a refugee? It shows your level of low mentality...Yur father might be senior to GEJ,where he dey?
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 06, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Bro, I stated mine with proofs so kindly do me the favour of showing me where and how I am biased...More so, NOI is too busy to be engaging with seemingly idle soludo in propaganda...So it is now that soludo just woke up...BTW how much do we make as our country? how much is our budget? if such amount is taken out, Nigerian economy will collapse immediately...it is unfortunate that we only believe whatever makes the government look bad just for parochial interest...silence will do for his like...
U still miss the point! Soludo's assertions are not idle talk.
For emphasis, the 'missing' monies also involved revenues not gained and oil lost to militants over 4 yrs. Very plausible.
If u feel ur govt is not answerable to u, change ur mindset.
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:13pm On Feb 06, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

U still miss the point! Soludo's assertions are not idle talk.
For emphasis, the 'missing' monies also involved revenues not gained and oil lost to militants over 4 yrs. Very plausible.
If u feel ur govt is not answerable to u, change ur mindset.

Fine!!! I get your drift now...but still my first assertion was based on his hypocritical stance of scolding GEJ/NOI of not saving and in same article insulting Peter Obi of saving... Even with the foregoing; can he as well tell us how much we lost or was stolen when militants held us to the ground under OBJ with most of our oil going into the black market in exchange for arms for the militants...alongside other sharp practices(remember OBJ was petroleum minister cum president)...wasn't that loss to us too did soludo just wake up to see the loss now only under GEJ while beatifying their (OBJ) regime??

1 Like

Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:15pm On Feb 06, 2015
Swiftboy:
use your glasses,you're myopic. grin

Maybe blind...

1 Like

Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by hazyfm1: 6:34pm On Feb 06, 2015
linusbnn:

For my country,a refugee? It shows your level of low mentality...Yur father might be senior to GEJ,where he dey?

did'nt your late father leave u with a will? What happened to the that his small hut in ikorodu?
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by tomiobj(m): 6:42pm On Feb 06, 2015
Hee dinnt achieve anything. I can achieve ^56 of wat he he did in 6 years in 1 yr
Whynotthetruth:

Really but not as much as you...maybe till you clear you backlog and achieve 1/1000000000 of what he has achieved... we will review your status as not being confused again... for now enjoy your confused state of mind...
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by agabaI23(m): 8:13pm On Feb 06, 2015
eleko1:
undecided YES!Done well stealing our money,done well by being a CLUELESS man sad
Counter his argument
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Feb 06, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Fine!!! I get your drift now...but still my first assertion was based on his hypocritical stance of scolding GEJ/NOI of not saving and in same article insulting Peter Obi of saving... Even with the foregoing; can he as well tell us how much we lost or was stolen when militants held us to the ground under OBJ with most of our oil going into the black market in exchange for arms for the militants...alongside other sharp practices(remember OBJ was petroleum minister cum president)...wasn't that loss to us too did soludo just wake up to see the loss now only under GEJ while beatifying their (OBJ) regime??
Fine! If we want to go the whole hog. But pls remember dt we r abt to decide the stewardship of THIS govt in a few days time. Dont u think u will trust them more if they are able to prove to u that they r acting in ur best interest?
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by agabaI23(m): 8:16pm On Feb 06, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

Fine! If we want to go the whole hog. But pls remember dt we r abt to decide the stewardship of THIS govt in a few days time. Dont u think u will trust them more if they are able to prove to u that they r acting in ur best interest?
Are they not? Did you read that write up?

Can you fault what they have done as per economy?
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by linusbnn(m): 8:22pm On Feb 06, 2015
hazyfm1:

did'nt your late father leave u with a will? What happened to the that his small hut in ikorodu?

Just finished eating with my dad now,so sorry you don't know the value of fatherhood...I pity ur mum way no fit teach u manners...I no even dey stay lag self tongue
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by agabaI23(m): 8:25pm On Feb 06, 2015
adorablepepple:
undecided,like seriously?? pulease.......
lol
Why can't you be flexible and take the message for what it is?

He said the truth though it may not support what you wanna believe now grin

GEJ till Buhari learns how to dance shoki
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 06, 2015
agabaI23:
Are they not? Did you read that write up?

Can you fault what they have done as per economy?
Yes I can.
Our savings are depleted.
Borrowing has increased tremendously.
Naira devalued immediately oil dropped.

Yes, I fault them a lot.

We cannot say we have value for money. Let us be unbiased because our collective wealth is being plundered here.

Ps: I am not a Gmb supporter but an inquisitive Nigerian
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by hazyfm1: 8:27pm On Feb 06, 2015
linusbnn:

Just finished eating with my dad now,so sorry you don't know the value of fatherhood...I pity ur mum way no fit teach u manners...I no even dey stay lag self tongue

You are just a waste of 9 months

So u had lunch in the grave yard
Re: Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. by agabaI23(m): 8:40pm On Feb 06, 2015
Bobbysworld28:

Yes I can.
Our savings are depleted.
Borrowing has increased tremendously.
Naira devalued immediately oil dropped.

Yes, I fault them a lot.

We cannot say we have value for money. Let us be unbiased because our collective wealth is being plundered here.

Ps: I am not a Gmb supporter but an inquisitive Nigerian

1. Our savings depleted by the governors whose forum came together to sue the federal government when NOI said the money should be saved. Their demand was backed by the constitution which said oil revenue should be shared. We are living in a democratic dispensation not military era. What would you have them do?

2. Borrowing started increasing after the 2010 strikes where labour demanded for wage increment. They had to borrow to meet the shortfall. read NOI's response to soludo and she had said that before.

3. Naira devalued, yes that was responding to market forces. The fall in oil price resulted in reduction forex earning so that exchange rate in the parallel market was far more than the government price. It was unrealistic leaving the naira to dollar rate at 152 when it was clear that value of the naira was about 182 to a dollar then in the black market.
It is the foreign exchange earning capacity a country that stabilizes the currency against other currencies. Our own major forex earner is the oil and oil price has gone low.

If not for the diversification of the economy that this government is doing, the cost of living would have been more exhorbitant. Check for instance there has been much difference in the price of food commodities. SAM explained this better.

Look at my explanation and lets talk.

NB, it could be better but he has achieved a lot within 4 years and 11 months

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili Emerges Presidential Candidate Of ACPN / Kashamu Concedes Defeat, Congratulates Dapo Abiodun - PUNCH / Babachir Lawal: North Has Lost Its Privilege In APC Under Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.