Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit (31531 Views)

Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate / Buhari's Disqualification Suit: APC Has Lied Once More - PDP / Buhari's Disqualification: Court Orders Service Of Documents On Buhari, INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by Abdhool(m): 2:10pm On Feb 04, 2015
Justice Adeniyi Ademola of the Federal High Court in Abuja on Tuesday ordered an alternative service of the processes in a suit filed by an Abuja-based lawyer, Chike Okafor, seeking the disqualification of the presidential candidate of the All
Progressives Congress (APC), Muhammadu Buhari, over controversy trailing his certificate.

The plaintiff had alleged that Buhari and other defendants were evading service of the processes in the suit, and urged the court to grant alternative means of service.
Justice Ademola, after entertaining the submission, ordered that Buhari and his party should be served through a publication in a national newspaper. The matter was subsequently adjourned to February 9 for report of service.

In an originating summon before the court, Okafor is asking the court to disqualify Buhari from contesting the 2015 presidential elections.

According to the suit numbered FHC/ABJ/CS/01/2015, the plaintiff listed Buhari, APC and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as the three respondents respectively.

The plaintiff is specifically contending that Buhari failed to prove that he has the minimum educational qualification to run for president, and that the APC candidate’s West African School Certificate (WASC) was false.

He said Buhari not only did not attach his purported certificates to his nomination form as compulsorily required, but his claim that the certificates were in the custody of the military was denied by the Director of Army Public Relations, Brigadier General Olajide Laleye.

The plaintiff formulated one question for the court’s determination, which is “Whether the information given by Buhari in the prescribed forms and submitted to INEC for the 2015 presidential election does not contain falsehood?”

If yes, Okafor equally asked whether Buhari should not, therefore, be disqualified from the said election.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/court-orders-alternative-service-in-buhari-disqualification-suit/200940/

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by ogb5(m): 2:33pm On Feb 04, 2015
Even though Buhari is semi literate he should know that avoiding being served with a court summon is not an effective way of avoiding justice. The summon can be simply published on a newspaper and it will be considered that he has been served.

Maybe this was Buhari's plan all along when he said those asking for his certificate should go to court and remain there.

The weakling never planned to defend the fraudulent affidavit he deposed to and sent to INEC.

148 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by utytill(m): 3:21pm On Feb 04, 2015
Dis man no get any testimonial/or certificate even for arabic,jihad or sharia studies sef? phew

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by Lakeshizu(m): 3:23pm On Feb 04, 2015
It will surely die in the Court. Am not bothered and am not disturbed. I have made up my mind to choose who I feel will serve me better. cheesy

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by tonytony208(m): 3:37pm On Feb 04, 2015
Lakeshizu:
It will surely die in the Court. Am not bothered and am not disturbed. I have made up my mind to choose who I feel will serve me better. cheesy

so, it doesn't matter to you if justice is bastardized; as long as it suits you and your retrogressive party? Hmmmm.....and you
pple call yourselves progressives. Now, show me what is progressive about APC. You pple are the real enemies of Nigeria. And your evil intentions and motives will fail come feb 14 in Jesus Name.

169 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by Dlionsheart: 3:44pm On Feb 04, 2015
tonytony208:

so, it doesn't matter to you if justice is bastardized; as long as it suits you and your retrogressive party? Hmmmm.....and you
pple call yourselves progressives. Now, show me what is progressive about APC. You pple are the real enemies of Nigeria. And your evil intentions and motives will fail come feb 14 in Jesus Name.
AMEN!!!

113 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by dulaman: 3:55pm On Feb 04, 2015
gjj
Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by korel9: 4:43pm On Feb 04, 2015
Abeg wish one be alternative again

Serve am be serve am! If he no collect am we employ War Against Discipline on am grin

What's good for the goose is also good for the ganda grin

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by klem93(m): 4:43pm On Feb 04, 2015
thats how it all started and later we go dey hear another news
Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by AllBusiness(m): 4:43pm On Feb 04, 2015
[size=20pt]Lol

I can now confirm Buhari as the Winner Presidential Election.

Dragging Buhari to court is another super opportunity for Buhari to gain more votes

Mumu PDP.igs doing themselves since 18AA[/size]

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by ifeelgood: 4:44pm On Feb 04, 2015
PDP is seriously gasping for breath. They should just go with the 20b. Fear of probe at work.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by dahdah: 4:44pm On Feb 04, 2015
it is well
Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by Nobody: 4:45pm On Feb 04, 2015
Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by Nobody: 4:45pm On Feb 04, 2015
PDP plan cannot work grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by SilentPrince: 4:45pm On Feb 04, 2015
When Buhari wins this case, PDP would weep. They say Buhari is not qualified? Hahaha... Only that statement from the US and UK war colleges would win this case. This is what happens when so called graduates of Law can't interpret the constitution. And they call themselves lawyers? Even a layman knows that the constitution states that the minimum is first school certificate. So having a college certificate surpasses a first school certificate.

But let me not talk. Let non idiotic lawyers point that out in court.

Bunch of idiots claiming they went to law school.

Furthermore, to those people saying the constitution requires Buhari to show his certificate, know this: No where in the constitution is a candidate required to provide proof of their qualification. It is the duty of the political party fielding the candidate to verify that the candidate is qualified.

INEC only asks that the candidate state their qualification, not to prove it. And at that, INEC has vividly declared that they are satisfied with what has been given or shown to them. And as such have deemed Buhari qualified to contest.

This court case is just a minor distraction and that is why Buhari's camp isn't paying attention to it. When it comes down to it, PDP and its supporters would finally understand what the constitution says, and maybe would start thinking of amending the constitution first before attempting to twist it to favor them

74 Likes 6 Shares

Bwuhahahari don suffer. Make he just go rest joor!

Imagine person wey wan fight kworruftion dey lie under oath. Hmm...

Charity begins at home.

I rest my case

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by Nutase: 4:45pm On Feb 04, 2015
grin
Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by elantraceey(f): 4:45pm On Feb 04, 2015
This man is gradually showing us how he will run if elected .

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 04, 2015
ogb5:
Even though Buhari is semi literate he should know that avoiding being served with a court summon is not an effective way of avoiding justice. The summon can be simply published on a newspaper and it will be considered that he has been served.

Maybe this was Buhari's plan all along when he said those asking for his certificate should go to court and remain there.

The weakling never planned to defend the fraudulent affidavit he deposed to and sent to INEC.
Pls stop making noise here. The certificate saga has been put to rest. PDP and their paid scallywags everywhere should allow us focus on more important issues.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by hayoakins(m): 4:46pm On Feb 04, 2015
In the previous elections, you weren't paid to head to court, why NOW? I understand. Your employer dont wanna head back to Otueke on May 29th.

Your boss' evil days are numbered.

#ALL4CHANGE

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by AbdulAdam56(m): 4:46pm On Feb 04, 2015
#I have already decided
#sai buhari 2015
on 14 february 2015 dats on valentine day .
lovers day.
am going to vote for my love General Muhammad Buhari.
come 2015.

17 Likes

Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by adrainuche(m): 4:47pm On Feb 04, 2015
Nigeria a Shi*t Hole we call a country Its d same buhari shouting change yet he even has more loop holes than a poorly written for loop statement ... At the end of the day APC or PDP na d same people different gang names .. I won't be surprise if we start hearing change after another 4 years but this time it would be from the PDP(mites) ... grin

8 Likes

Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by oneeast: 4:47pm On Feb 04, 2015
Buhari is in trouble. . cheesy

GEJ till 2019.. cheesy

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by Faibuhari: 4:47pm On Feb 04, 2015
GMB is in trouble

8 Likes

Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by acidtalk: 4:47pm On Feb 04, 2015
If they ask me what i am doing here i don't even know.

*LOOKS AROUND AND SH1TS ON THREAD*

Abeg make this plane do land make i dey waka joh! boredom na bastard. Now i know why most Nigerian youths act insane.
Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 04, 2015
SAi Baba, Sai Buhari

6 Likes

Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by Promking: 4:47pm On Feb 04, 2015
APC4life

7 Likes

Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by mrofficial(m): 4:47pm On Feb 04, 2015
Losers! Sinking ship.
Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 04, 2015
It is so appalling that this same self proclaim progressive party and a corruption fighter is the one evading court process.How will buhari fight corruption when he lacks integrity?I wonder what they will become if their candidate emerge president.This is the same apc that cloned inec data and replaced it with apc members to win election by fraud.Progressive my ass.

21 Likes 1 Share

Hmmmmmm....good from the trial judge.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by JoBabs(m): 4:48pm On Feb 04, 2015
OMG
Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by sammondonpoint(m): 4:48pm On Feb 04, 2015
whatever they like, they should do

it is GMB and no other person

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Abacha Was Killed / Governor Adams Oshiomhole Jogging In The Morning (photo) / Tinubu's Daughter, Folasade Welcomed As 'Queen Of Nigeria' At An Event (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.