Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,274 members, 7,839,368 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit (31547 Views)

Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate / Buhari's Disqualification Suit: APC Has Lied Once More - PDP / Buhari's Disqualification: Court Orders Service Of Documents On Buhari, INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by SilentPrince: 10:54pm On Feb 04, 2015
patmaine:

did you even read the post..go back and check the lawyers argument

I read the post. What I'm saying is that the only reason Buhari can be disqualified from running for Presidency is if he never attended a higher institution and the result for Waec is false. If his result is false but he attended a higher institution (war college), he can be persecuted for forging his result, but not disqualified from running for presidency. That is the loop hole in the Nigerian constitution.

So far, his result has been verified by the exam body he took it under, and the higher institution he attended. So this court case is as good as dead. There's virtually no way to disqualify Buhari. What the lawyer should hope is that he loses the election (which is in doubt), not that the court should disqualify Buhari. There's no ground for disqualification. And the lawyer even included INEC that has no business with verification of certificates. It's just a waste of court time

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by SilentPrince: 11:03pm On Feb 04, 2015
Eone:

What GMB quoted is what is in contention and not what he should have quoted. He should have submitted evidence of having attended War College and not going as far as deposing to an affidavit and subsequently presenting a certificate-whether fake or not. #GMB'sintegrity .

What you don't get is that the constitution does not require him to present anything. INEC are the ones who asked for his statement of result, and the same INEC said it is satisfied with that. The lawyer is just running around in circles. What does he want the court to do? If the statement of result is false, the degree from the war college surpasses it and Buhari would still be qualified to run for presidency.

Yes, he can be persecuted for forgery, but according to the requirement for qualification, unless Buhari is imprisoned for forgery before Feb 14th ( which we know will not happen), he is still qualified even with a pending court case to contest for presidency. It's just a waste of time. The case should have been brought up since last year.

And we are assuming he forged his result, which is very much in doubt. But even with that, War college beats Waec result any day any time. Buhari is in a situation permitted by the constitution. So PDP should get ready for the election and save the time of the court.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by halimat38(f): 11:18pm On Feb 04, 2015
AllBusiness:
[size=20pt]Lol

I can now confirm Buhari as the Winner Presidential Election.

Dragging Buhari to court is another super opportunity for Buhari to gain more votes

Mumu PDP.igs doing themselves since 18AA[/size]
I hear you,all they want is just to announce on national television that Jonathan is in for another 4yrs..............
Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by halimat38(f): 11:21pm On Feb 04, 2015
ifeelgood:
PDP is seriously gasping for breath. They should just go with the 20b. Fear of probe at work.

Abi oh,nobody has taken them to court yet for the missing trillions yet ,but they can take buhari to court for certificate

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by CJ310(m): 11:25pm On Feb 04, 2015
tonytony208:

this is exactly how you UNprogressives behave. You abhore with passion. And to think all ur chant for change is lip service! "progressives" indeed.

*ignores rant*

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by Solozzo(m): 11:28pm On Feb 04, 2015
PDP lawyer did not prove how Buhari and inec are evading serve of notice, their legal reps/advisors have offices. PDP is just out to embarrass Buhari. Let's see the published summons. Abuja courts are not trustworthy.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by synergycom19: 11:35pm On Feb 04, 2015
[quote author=tonytony208 post=30422972]

so, it doesn't matter to you if justice is bastardized; as long as it suits you and your retrogressive party? Hmmmm.....and you
pple call yourselves progressives. Now, show me what is progressive about APC. You pple are the real enemies of Nigeria. And your evil intentions and motives will fail come feb 14 in Jesus Name.[/)quote) please can you LEAVE OUR LORD JESUS,out of you CARNAL,CORRUPTION AND BLAMPHIMOUS DISCUSSIONS QUOTE]

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by Solozzo(m): 11:40pm On Feb 04, 2015
SilentPrince:

What you don't get is that the constitution does not require him to present anything. INEC are the ones who asked for his statement of result, and the same INEC said it is satisfied with that. The lawyer is just running around in circles. What does he want the court to do? If the statement of result is false, the degree from the war college surpasses it and Buhari would still be qualified to run for presidency.

Yes, he can be persecuted for forgery, but according to the requirement for qualification, unless Buhari is imprisoned for forgery before Feb 14th ( which we know will not happen), he is still qualified even with a pending court case to contest for presidency. It's just a waste of time. The case should have been brought up since last year.

And we are assuming he forged his result, which is very much in doubt. But even with that, War college beats Waec result any day any time. Buhari is in a situation permitted by the constitution. So PDP should get ready for the election and save the time of the court.

Same issue as in oshomoile/aravbhare case. Gov oshomole had no primary school cert, the minimum required by the constutititon for governorship, but he had a model school leaving cert which is higher than the primary school cert. The hopeless PDP candidate dragged the case to court and lost to oshomole.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by lastpage: 1:03am On Feb 05, 2015
The desperation of Jonathan to RUN AGAINST HIMSELF is palpable!

He has ignored the Boko Haram massacres in the North so he can use that as an excuse to postpone th election or at least not make them vote in that part of the country where Buhari hails from!

Even Chad, Cameroun and Niger armies are routing Boko haram, talk less of the almighty Nigerian army?

I guess he already has a foreboding feeling he will loose this election hence the need to ensure he runs ALONE!

NEVER going to happen! Never!!

ONLY THE PEOPLE WILL DECIDE WHO GOVERNS THEM IN 2015

Lastpage!
Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by tonytony208(m): 4:50am On Feb 05, 2015
CJ310:

*ignores rant*

i don't expect you to make a sense out of it. Your party leader is a cattle rearrer. He doesn't even have provable schl cert. And the limit of the leader is the limit of the follower.
Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by Capitano1(m): 4:56am On Feb 05, 2015
If I was to be the inec chairman,,, kai no need for election ooo, when its already clear for jona eyes, he now campaigns for him sef lol

Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by CJ310(m): 7:57am On Feb 05, 2015
tonytony208:

i don't expect you to make a sense out of it. Your party leader is a cattle rearrer. He doesn't even have provable schl cert. And the limit of the leader is the limit of the follower.

Bsc, Mba, ACII and doing my acca so what limit are you talking about? Huh? Please shift.
Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by Suljosh: 8:00am On Feb 05, 2015
tonytony208:

it is now dat i understand why you are supporting bunch of hypocrites calling themselves progressives; it is because your reasoning is blind.
JESUS don't do politics. Stop calling his name unnecessarily. And for the insult, I won't stoop to your level.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by tonytony208(m): 8:05am On Feb 05, 2015
CJ310:

Bsc, Mba, ACII and doing my acca so what limit are you talking about? Huh? Please shift.

your cert doesn't make you anything; it is your reasoning that makes you something. Have you heard of the term "educated illiterate" before?

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by CJ310(m): 8:16am On Feb 05, 2015
tonytony208:

your cert doesn't make you anything; it is your reasoning that makes you something. Have you heard of the term "educated illiterate" before?

Lmao! This person, you're just running around in circles without sticking to any line of argument. U said it's not about his certificate but cos he "lied". Then u said he doesn't have a certificate and called a rt general a cattle rearer and insinuated that I'm in that category so I had to clear you that I'm very well educated. Now u are trying to insinuate that I'm an illiterate. I'm not surprised though. I knew where u were going long before this that's why I told u to go away with ur argument.

I don't need u or anyone to tell me what I am or am not so i'll ignore the temptation to insult u. Please go and vote for ur incorruptible and intelligent GEJ and let this go.

Ps: I only support GMB in the absence of a better candidate with a closer shot at aso rock.
Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by tonytony208(m): 8:32am On Feb 05, 2015
CJ310:

Lmao! This person, you're just running around in circles without sticking to any line of argument. U said it's not about his certificate but cos he "lied". Then u said he doesn't have a certificate and called a rt general a cattle rearer and insinuated that I'm in that category so I had to clear you that I'm very well educated. Now u are trying to insinuate that I'm an illiterate. I'm not surprised though. I knew where u were going long before this that's why I told u to go away with ur argument.

I don't need u or anyone to tell me what I am or am not so i'll ignore the temptation to insult u. Please go and vote for ur incorruptible and intelligent GEJ and let this go.

Ps: I only support GMB in the absence of a better candidate with a closer shot at aso rock.

I've been making my comments without insults. But if you ever go the way of insults, i promise to give you double. Having cert doesn't make you educated. That doesn't give an uneducated person the leverage to contest for the highest office in the country. The constitution is clear about who should contest for presidency and buhari should go to court to prove that he has that minimum qualification.
Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by coolzone73: 9:24am On Feb 05, 2015
tonytony208:

I've been making my comments without insults. But if you ever go the way of insults, i promise to give you double. Having cert doesn't make you educated. That doesn't give an uneducated person the leverage to contest for the highest office in the country. The constitution is clear about who should contest for presidency and buhari should go to court to prove that he has that minimum qualification.

How can a man that rose to be a major general uneducated what is wrong with Nigerian we now think like animals because we are ruled by a zoologist
Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by techlegs: 10:08am On Feb 05, 2015
juman:

One cannot believe what the military said.

His certificates are with the military. Military was his only employer.

The military has shown NIGERIANS what they have. Buhari joined the army with a letter of recommendation period. To me I think he never went back to take the WASC exam since he was already in the army which might have been his sole objective of getting an education.
Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by nwadiuko1(m): 10:11am On Feb 05, 2015
SilentPrince:

What you don't understand is you can revoke his certificates, but you cannot take back the things he has learnt. That is the issue people fail to understand. The constitution does not ask for your certificate, but that you should attain a certain level of education.

Even if US war college takes back Buhari's certificate, he by virtue of having attended the college in the first place already means he's qualified. Just like a University taking back your degree doesn't mean you didn't attend it. The constitution is the issue. It is interpreted as all Buhari needed to do is gain admission into a higher institution than a secondary school and he is qualified to run for president. That is why you should look for the constitution to be amended and not for his certificate. As long as he was admitted to a college and graduated, he is qualified. Even if his degree is taken away. That's what makes the Nigerian constitution a joke, but it's a joke that is been used effectively.
so you are indirectly saying that. A person that acquired his certificates fraudulently(and has been exposed and the certificate revoked) can now use it(revoked certificate) as a legitimate credential for employment? Or that a person who has experience in medicine due to his close proximity with doctors can now be called or equated with a certified medical doctor? For real?
Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by nwadiuko1(m): 10:13am On Feb 05, 2015
SilentPrince:

What you don't understand is you can revoke his certificates, but you cannot take back the things he has learnt. That is the issue people fail to understand. The constitution does not ask for your certificate, but that you should attain a certain level of education.

Even if US war college takes back Buhari's certificate, he by virtue of having attended the college in the first place already means he's qualified. Just like a University taking back your degree doesn't mean you didn't attend it. The constitution is the issue. It is interpreted as all Buhari needed to do is gain admission into a higher institution than a secondary school and he is qualified to run for president. That is why you should look for the constitution to be amended and not for his certificate. As long as he was admitted to a college and graduated, he is qualified. Even if his degree is taken away. That's what makes the Nigerian constitution a joke, but it's a joke that is been used effectively.
and I think the certificate is the evidence of training......else every other person can as well claim to be trained
Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by tonytony208(m): 10:32am On Feb 05, 2015
coolzone73:

How can a man that rose to be a major general uneducated what is wrong with Nigerian we now think like animals because we are ruled by a zoologist

the bolded is funny. The constitution is very clear about this thing. You must have schl cert at the least before you can contest for presidency. Simple and short
Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by SilentPrince: 11:24am On Feb 05, 2015
nwadiuko1:
so you are indirectly saying that. A person that acquired his certificates fraudulently(and has been exposed and the certificate revoked) can now use it(revoked certificate) as a legitimate credential for employment? Or that a person who has experience in medicine due to his close proximity with doctors can now be called or equated with a certified medical doctor? For real?

According to the Nigerian constitution as it applies to qualification for running for presidency, Yes. You can. All you require is for a higher institution to say that you attended or gained entrance to the institution. Simple as that.

You should blame the constitution, not Buhari.

Just like the company you apply for determines what qualification entails, the constitution has also determined what qualification entails. And by the constitutional description, Buhari is qualified.

Vent your anger at the constitution, not Buhari.
Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by SilentPrince: 11:27am On Feb 05, 2015
nwadiuko1:
and I think the certificate is the evidence of training......else every other person can as well claim to be trained

That is the issue. The constitution does not ask for evidence. That is where people are missing the point. You can claim to be educated to that level and you would be qualified. The only way to disqualify you is to prove that you were never educated to that level. Which in Buhari's case, the US war college has proven that he infact is educated past the required minimum.

Blame the constitution, not Buhari.
Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by juman(m): 11:53am On Feb 05, 2015
techlegs:

The military has shown NIGERIANS what they have. Buhari joined the army with a letter of recommendation period. To me I think he never went back to take the WASC exam since he was already in the army which might have been his sole objective of getting an education.

What of the other courses he attended?
Do you think he attended the courses without having o'level certificate.

Well anyway to participate in this election the letter of recommendation from his principal is enough.
Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by coolzone73: 11:53am On Feb 05, 2015
please complete this statement,

If shepard is the person guarding the sheeps

Farmer person that farm

Economist mange economy

Lawyer handle legal matter

Zoologist ................?

GEJ has Phd in Zoology and hs the president of Nigeria are Nigerians Animal just curious?
Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 05, 2015
SilentPrince:

I read the post. What I'm saying is that the only reason Buhari can be disqualified from running for Presidency is if he never attended a higher institution and the result for Waec is false. If his result is false but he attended a higher institution (war college), he can be persecuted for forging his result, but not disqualified from running for presidency. That is the loop hole in the Nigerian constitution.

So far, his result has been verified by the exam body he took it under, and the higher institution he attended. So this court case is as good as dead. There's virtually no way to disqualify Buhari. What the lawyer should hope is that he loses the election (which is in doubt), not that the court should disqualify Buhari. There's no ground for disqualification. And the lawyer even included INEC that has no business with verification of certificates. It's just a waste of court time

this is his argument

The plaintiff formulated one question for the court’s determination,
which is “Whether the information given by Buhari in the prescribed
forms and submitted to INEC for the 2015 presidential election does
not contain falsehood?”
If yes, Okafor equally asked whether Buhari should not, therefore, be
disqualified from the said election.
Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by SilentPrince: 8:41pm On Feb 05, 2015
patmaine:

this is his argument

The plaintiff formulated one question for the court’s determination,
which is “Whether the information given by Buhari in the prescribed
forms and submitted to INEC for the 2015 presidential election does
not contain falsehood?”
If yes, Okafor equally asked whether Buhari should not, therefore, be
disqualified from the said election.

The answer to that question is No. Falsehood in the information submitted does not disqualify Buhari. Not possessing the required educational attainment is what disqualifies him.
Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by Nobody: 11:21pm On Feb 05, 2015
SilentPrince:

The answer to that question is No. Falsehood in the information submitted does not disqualify Buhari. Not possessing the required educational attainment is what disqualifies him.

unfortunately no one asked you. because you are not the judge....

even if it does not require disqualification. perjury is a crime with jail term. except he 'll reign from kirikiri
Re: Court Orders Alternative In Buhari Disqualification Suit by SilentPrince: 2:52am On Feb 06, 2015
patmaine:

unfortunately no one asked you. because you are not the judge....

even if it does not require disqualification. perjury is a crime with jail term. except he 'll reign from kirikiri

And winning the election grants Buhari immunity for four years.

And you're of the assumption that he lied in his statement, which is also in doubt. So what if he said the truth in his statement? Then we would have wasted the court and Buhari's time.

Let PDP save their court energy for the corruption charges against Jonathan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech / Anambra Has Over 1 Billion Barrels Of Oil & 30 Trillion Cubic Ft Of Gas - Obiano / Reno Omokri Reacts As Tinubu Promises APC Members Good Money If Buhari Wins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.