Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,865 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba (11301 Views)

Weird MC Ft. Mo’cheddah, Sasha - Sewere / General Pype – Champion (the Remix) Ft Naeto C, Da Grin, Sasha, Gt The Guitarman / Too Much Dj Jimmy Jatt Ft Blaise, Sasha,Kemistry, Bouquie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba by Seun(m): 6:51pm On May 11, 2005
Laide O. talks about '[I]Sasha[/I]', one of the most popular music artistes in Nigeria today (she raps):

Sasha, real name Antonia Yetunde Alabi, the last of eight children, blows out candles on the 21st of May, can be truly called Nigeria's queen of Hip-Hop.

Sasha, rocking a 1.75 meters tall frame, brown hair and eyes is currently a Law student at the University of Lagos, Akoka (Unilag). An alumni of the famous International School, Ibadan, she shot into the limelight in 2001, at Unilag's 'Girls Nite Out' annual talent hunt. She emerged the first runner-up and the next day went on to perform at the Lagos Lekki beach with other contestants. It was not until months later when she met Eldee of Trybesmen, that she really got her launching pad, and has not looked back since then.

Aside from being a rapper, most would be surprised to know that Sasha is also a designer. Her mother owned a fashion outfit while growing up so her eye for fashion began at an early stage. She started designing for friends which led up to her own line 'Eclectic' and she now claims a clientele that is spread across a number of universities.

Thrilling Nigerians, with a different kind of flava, her stage-craft has the air of the work of a professional. From the costumes to the choreography, 21-year old Sasha gets credit for doing a splendid job. With a hectic schedule that is definitely stressful for professional musicians, it is a wonder how she also copes with being a Law student as well. To deal with this, she tries not to let her music career interfere with her studies.

Sasha's first big shows, were the MTN Yhello Live, and the Yhellofest in Enugu. With a recommendation for the KORA awards in place, she performed in the West African regional in Ghana. There she had to deal with very stiff opposition from representatives of other countries. She eventually received a KORA awards nomination for 'Most Promising Female Act in Africa'.

Sasha's Lyrics are not the run-of-the-mill ones, as she's got songs about love, prostitution, AIDS, and a lot of other insightful topics. She also infuses some Yoruba and pidgin which give her songs a unique Naija feel to it. 2003 was definitely a wonderful year for her, especially since the release of her single "Emi le Gan" in October 2003 which has been aired on Ben Tv in London.

Sasha's debut album "Finally Here" is due out this year and is definitely expected by fans and the media alike with a promise of something even more refreshing than her previous album. She has been described as one of the pioneers of Female Hip Hop in Nigeria and she is unquestionably one of the most promising Naija stars to look out for in 2005.

By Laide O
So, how many Sasha fans do we have on the forum?
Re: SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba by Seun(m): 8:02pm On Jun 16, 2005
Well I guess she doesn't have as many fans as I thought. Oh, well.
Re: SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba by Red(m): 8:14am On Jun 20, 2005
who is she again??
Re: SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba by Seun(m): 6:17pm On Jun 20, 2005
Well they said she was good.
Re: SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba by hotangel2(f): 7:20am On Jun 22, 2005
Who is she?? she needs to wake her name up.
Re: SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba by legs(f): 7:31pm On Jun 30, 2005
what does that mean?
Re: SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba by Seun(m): 8:09pm On Jun 30, 2005
It means that If you're an award-winning Nigerian artiste and nobody in a forum with 1600 young Nigerians is able to recognize you, then you have a publicity problem!
Re: SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba by hotangel2(f): 3:50am On Jul 01, 2005
Seun:

It means that If you're an award-winning Nigerian artiste and nobody in a forum with 1600 young Nigerians is able to recognize you, then you have a publicity problem!

Amen to that!
Re: SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba by naijajams: 7:26pm On Jul 01, 2005
I'm familiar with sasha... she's a budding artist. Her work to date has very much been in the yankee copycat style. Think Faith Evans, Mary J. Bliger, etc.
Re: SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba by Nobody: 5:26am On Jul 02, 2005
hip hop heads on the africanhiphop forum dont think much of her
Re: SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba by tolisha(f): 1:58pm On Jul 04, 2005
[/color][color=#990000]
Hey y'all shud stop hatin' and start appreciatin' my girl
sasha,Nigeria's queen of hip-hop coz she is one heavy chic as in her  lyrics are
real and gud.so watch out 4 her ayt? much love sasha and we all
love you out 'ere.................yewande.Bleep

Re: SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba by Latoya(f): 6:13am On Aug 09, 2005
Sasha is the best rap female nigerian artist. I listened to her songs, the songs are [good, really good].

She [has] enough dance moves too.
Re: SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba by hotangel2(f): 6:15am On Aug 09, 2005
ehen?? Any link to her songs?
Re: SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba by olaotan(m): 8:03pm On Aug 10, 2005
if u all xpecially seun dont know sasha then u guys must be kidding me, trae _z or whateva u 're just a feelamonger and a hater.sasha i love u babe keep up tha' gud work.
peace
Re: SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba by hotangel2(f): 3:43am On Aug 11, 2005
I am sooooooooo not kidding you. I dunno her. She must be a Very big Nigerian star. I dunno her. i dunno her.
Re: SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 11, 2005
@olaotan i ain't a hater. i've heard one of her jamz and her verse on Da Trybes "Oya". she's OK as a rapper. go to the africanhiphop forums, they'll tell you more.
Re: SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba by layi(m): 5:02pm On Aug 13, 2005
Sasha isnt that "tite".
"Emi le gan" is all i keep hearin for ages now...and someone says shes the best..Give me a break! puleeeeez
Well u can call her the best female rapper we've got. Just know the word "best" here is relative. How many female rappers we get sef?
I'm aint hatin' @ Sasha but i'm yet to see her other works. She rolls with Da trybe..a very tite rap family so probably sum1else wrote the song for her. Eldee is used to doin that (for the family) We need to see more of her works.
Truth be told. the video for "Emi le gan" is tite.
Re: SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba by queen2(f): 5:08pm On Aug 25, 2005
Yeah, i like her song "E wa bami jo or so, i listen to it every good day
Re: SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba by emmlaura(m): 1:37pm On Aug 28, 2005
what i think is that sasha has got to do more to get some fans.
Re: SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba by Snoop001(m): 11:40am On Sep 02, 2005
HEy.. the Girl is Hot....who ia the hell there that said the girl is not good. well to sumerise it...she is the new hip-hop queen we got here in Naija..w3e can be comparing her to EVE.
Re: SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba by Seun(m): 2:52pm On Sep 02, 2005
You may be right there, considering the fact that eve is not so hot.
Re: SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba by uchetobi(f): 3:06pm On Sep 15, 2005
I know sasha she is really is really tite and with more encouragement and money investment she can really go places. she drops it better than Eve
Go Sasha! Go Sasha
Re: SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba by tolisha(f): 2:35pm On Sep 17, 2005
[color=#770077][/color]I told y'all she's hot lyk fire.Luv u loads gurl.........................
Re: SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba by Snoop001(m): 10:30am On Sep 27, 2005
Can somebody tell me who can be compared to the new hip-hop chick (Sasha) here in Nigeria. for now she is the best in rap hip-hop. look at who she did again in Lagos City.she is hotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.............
Re: SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba by angelak(f): 12:48pm On Sep 27, 2005
I have not heard about her! undecided
Re: SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba by MissTFS(f): 4:32am On Sep 29, 2005
hmmm.. well her song, emi le gon is the only song I have heard and I cant tell if its rap/hiphop or just one of dem songs that we naijas love to sing aloud when partying.... but if she can prove her worth by releasing another song... then she can be well recognized after all.. what s in a music if it isnt about getting famous and getting the dough! tongue
Re: SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba by segzie: 8:15pm On Sep 29, 2005
hi guys,im just another new guy in the club...most o yall are a lil wrong about sasha...she really tite...need to play her songs and keep your ear tight to the lyrics..shes good. we grew up together in bodija, ibadan.we were rap colleauges..used to call our group''the ob crew''. it was me,akin[ak47],and yetunde[her].ill be kind to drop a lil hint on me
''

''im like... a live missile/wit vocal dismissals/tear thru ur skeletal gristles/
im beneficial/id rip out ur kids brain tissues/leave em a bit retarded wit some mineral issues/
cuff me and lock me away/so the streets can be safe for emcies to play/or better still i'd dump
your limbs on da highway/im high..like a spiritual herbaway.......... angry ''
Re: SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba by layi(m): 8:19am On Oct 11, 2005
Check out her only musical video (as at today)
http://www.aittv.com/vod2.asp?articleid=37&zoneid=1
Re: SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba by hotangel2(f): 8:22am On Oct 11, 2005
Layi why did u beat me to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to say she's good oooo. I saw her video and heard her song and all that. This same song... on Aittv.com. She's good. Okay she doesnt sound like a frog. But the other song i heard was ugly! As in the SOund! This one is good.
Re: SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba by layi(m): 8:26am On Oct 11, 2005
Where did she sound like a frog? Which song?
Re: SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba by hotangel2(f): 8:34am On Oct 11, 2005
I seriously dunno the song. SOmeone just told me to listen to sasha the "nigerian sposed to be eve". She sounded ewww.. and ever since then, i've been saying she sounds like a frog. *i guess i am wrong afterall*. lipsrsealed
Re: SASHA - Yetunde Omotanwa Alaba by adesodgi(m): 2:34pm On Oct 12, 2005
its like most Nigeria don't know this diva,she's da bomb!
she brings out da best mostly when featured with the trybesmen,its like she's the trybes firstlady,go listen to OYA by trybesmen,hear her vomit strong rhynmes,omo sasha i trow fila 4 u go.... wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Slym Shady X Rhatti - This Is Unizik (audio & Video) / Download Justin Bieber – Friends Ft Bloodpop / Check out this new hot single 'Hustle O' by a Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.