Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Why I Am Seriously Scared Of The APC Change Mantra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Am Seriously Scared Of The APC Change Mantra (506 Views)

CBN Recruitment Scam, A Grand Betrayal Of Change Mantra - Caleb Ayansina / Nigerians Misunderstood Apcs Change Mantra - Lai Mohammed / Obama's Media Team Responsible For APC's "CHANGE" Campaign - Washington FB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Am Seriously Scared Of The APC Change Mantra by kosovo(m): 6:34pm On Feb 04, 2015
According to the Webster dictionary, CHANGE simply means to make (someone or something) different; to become something else.

From the definition, two things can be deduced;

1. CHANGE without improvement (Negative or retrogressive change)
2. CHANGE with improvement (Positive or progressive change)

Unfortunately, APC is yet to tell Nigerians what kind of change she wants to offer Nigerians.

I am an undecided voter, I have read alot of stories online and equally gone back to the archives, finding out facts for myself.

I feel the opposition has been too critical on the issues facing Nigeria. It is really shameful that the APC uses insecurity and the frequent bomb blast to score cheap points in her camp. This is where I have my rage...

When the 9/11 attack happened, Americans didn't blame George Bush for the attack. Infact, the attack made United States more united, everyone, including the opposition Democratic party collectively teamed and braced up to protect their country.

Over here, the reverse is the case... I can not trust a political party which claims can end insurgency in 4-months but will not assist government unless they seize power, while the throat of innocent Nigerians are being slit by the terror group.

I cannot trust a Party who wants to create 3-million jobs in a year... without showing a roadmap of how such a feat can be actualized.

I cannot trust a Party that see everything the government has done as BAD! It's crazy that the APC doesn't see anything good the government has done, because they have concentrated their effort in searching for faults and error. They are simply not being honest because their only agenda is to seize power.

Political campaign ought to be issue-based.. That's what the APC promised. Unfortunately, all we have heard is how they will ban corrupt officials, ban certain goods, provide millions of job, increase power generation to 20,000MW.. All of these are promises, without concrete policies detailing how their government would actualize such.

I have not heard the APC saying they would fix roads because there would be nothing to fix if they eventually assume office, fixing roads was one of the campaign slogan of the CPC in 2011. This simply means that the government has at least succeed in some areas. I read 85% of Federal Roads have been re-constructed or re-rehabilitated - A figure I can't verify.

Basically, I do know that it's the undecided voters like myself who will determine who wins the next election. The APC has to try harder to woo more voters to their camp. The debate would have been an absolute prolific avenue for them to elaborate on some of the things they intend to do.

Campaign rallies don't do much, they only comprise of rented crowd who don't even hear anything the candidates have to say. Their mindset is on the money to be collected after the "event". The PDP and APC are experts in renting crowds. However, with the debate, APC would have been able to drive home their model of change and if it's realistic, why not! They would get the shot to implement in Aso Rock..

The argument that PDP didn't attend debate in 2011 is not an excuse for the APC to chicken out of two separate debates platform in 2015. As a party preaching change, they ought to know that every avenue to further sink the Change mantra in the hearts of Nigerians should not be taken for granted. If Nigerians say they want a debate, the APC should seize the opportunity and give Nigerians want they want.

I do not have sympathy for the PDP but I do think the initial near perfect APC campaign is been ruined by some elements and its a shame! angry

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Seriously Scared Of The APC Change Mantra by temitemi1(m): 6:39pm On Feb 04, 2015
Then I say NO to unknown CHANGE! Transformation is tested n trusted grin grin grin... GEJ till 2019!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Seriously Scared Of The APC Change Mantra by freshness2020: 6:41pm On Feb 04, 2015
Run for Ūя̲̅ life when ♈όϋ hear the word APC!

(1) (Reply)

US, UK, Buhari, ACF Condemn Poll Delay / What Is Gov Oshiomole Smoking? / INEC Denies Jega Replacement Rumours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.