Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,102 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Why You Should Vote In The Coming Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why You Should Vote In The Coming Election (540 Views)

"The Coming Of Buhari's Change Agents" By Garba Shehu (ssa To Buhari) / The Coming War Over Fulani / Safest Cities/states To Stay In Nigeria During The Coming Elections. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Vote In The Coming Election by Kazrem(m): 8:02pm On Feb 04, 2015
Imagine, the coming Presidential election is a Champions League knockout stage second leg in your home ground. With every goal scored by the opposing team, you must score 2 unreply goals. If the opposing team score 2 goals, you must score 3 unreply goals and it goes on like that.
Now to the election, with every vote cast against preferred candidate, your candidate must get 2 votes, one to negate the opposing candidate and the other to lead him. This is why you should vote. Don't say my single vote cannot count or determine the winner. It can. One vote has determined the fate of countries in the past and it can still determine this.
History has this to say about one determining vote.
"In 1645, one vote gave Oliver Cromwell
control of England. In 1649, one vote literally
cost King Charles I of England his head. The
vote to behead him was 67 against and 68
for – the ax fell thanks to one vote. In 1714,
one vote placed King George I on the throne
of England and restored the monarchy. In
1776, one vote gave America the English
language instead of German. Thomas
Jefferson, Andrew Jackson and Rutherford B.
Hayes all became the US Presidents by a
margin of one vote. In 1868, one vote in the
US Senate saved President Andrew Johnson
from impeachment. In 1875, a one-vote
margin changed France from a monarchy to
a republic. On November 8, 1923, members of
the then revolutionary political party met to
elect a leader in a Munich, Germany beer hall.
By a majority of one vote, they chose an ex-
soldier named Adolph Hitler to become the
NAZI Party leader. South Africa lost the bid
to host 2006 world cup to Germany by one
vote.”
Don't just vote, vote wisely. Vote For Change. Vote APC.

(1) (Reply)

No More Comments Till After Polls –obasanjo / GEJ Campaign Ads Appear On My Phone / Boko Haram Kills 31 Muslims In Northern Cameroon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.