Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

The Coming War Over Fulani - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Coming War Over Fulani (23875 Views)

Ohorhor Women Barricade Delta Over Fulani Killings (Pics) / Nigerians Protest In Germany Over Fulani Herdsmen Attack In Enugu. Photos / Protest In Asaba Over Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Coming War Over Fulani by MayorofLagos(m): 11:21am On Oct 03, 2015
THE war, when it begins, will be like all wars, senseless, destructive and lamentable. No one knows when and where it will begin, but it will begin as a convulsive reprisal for a massacre by Fulani herdsmen, a phenomenon that has now assumed all but a common occurrence in Nigeria.

The scale and frequency of massacres by Fulani herdsmen with not a single prosecution is the clearest evidence of what is known as im­punity. Impunity is the reason the coming war is inescapable.

What can Nigeria be without the Fulanis? They are royalty. Among them are some of the most respected Nigerians, wise, reasonable, kind people. They control the Sokoto Caliph­ate or all that is left of that awesome empire. They exercise power at the Federal level over and beyond any other ethnic group in Nigeria. Indeed they are the architects of the Northern hegemony which they elevated to an ideology, a most potent instrument to hold on to power since Independence.

As the greatest beneficiaries of the Fulani Jihad it is not impossible that in their moments of hubris, the hegemonists among them might still nurse the ambition of the Caliph of dipping the Koran in the sea. The classic Fulani herds­men that we all know walk along their herd with a staff, not AK47s.

The enormity of the carnage looking into the Fulani herdsmen file is revolting:

On the 7th day of March 2010, Fulani herdsmen killed over 500 people in Jos, Pla­teau State. This report is a tie-back to the cur­rent wave of killings on May 14, 2013 when the BBC reported that Fulani herdsmen have killed 53 in North Central Nigeria.

A few weeks later, the Nigerian Village Square Forum reports in a rather alarming tone “Tivs at Extinction Point: Fulani com­mence a killing spree.” That was on June 5, 2013.

On 8th of July 2013, it is reported that Fulani Herdsmen have killed 34 people in Benue State. Then on 26th November 2013 Jihadwatch reports that “Islamic Extremists kill at least 71 Christians in Nigeria…as­sailants were believed to be Muslim Fulani herdsmen.”

On 24th March 2014 Fulani herdsmen reportedly killed 36 people in Agatu Local Government Area of Benue State A week later Fulani herdsmen were involved in sack­ing 33 villages, killing at least 19 people. A mention was made of a ‘Sultan Committee.’

On 7th May 2014, Fulani herdsmen killed 25 people and sacked six villages in Benue State. This was followed by the killing of 25 more people at Guma Local Government Area in Benue State. A month earlier, Hu­man Rights Watch reported on 15th April 2014 that hundreds have been killed since December in North Central region and that an operation aimed at restoring peace is going on in Benue, Nasarawa and Plateau States.

On 11th February 2015 Fulani herdsmen were reported to have killed 30 persons in Benue State. On 11th March Fulani herds­men did not spare the Tor Tiv’s palace even as they killed 11 persons. They killed 90 more on 16th March 2015 in a Benue village. On 12th April additional 12 persons, including children, were killed in Benue State. On 26th May 2015 more than 23 persons were killed in Benue State. Indeed, on 15th August 2015, the Benuenews.com.ng, a blog reported that be­tween January and July 761 people have lost their lives to Fulani herdsmen.

The above incidents, taken from published reports, are but a sliver of these atrocities which have occurred in many other states in the Southern regions. In none of these instanc­es was any of the perpetrators arrested, much less charged, tried or punished. So, the Fulani herdsmen operate as if they are licensed to kill. Then last week, the Fulani herdsmen grabbed a big fish in the person of Chief Olu Falae, 77, a former secretary to the Federal Government, a former presidential candidate, and an acknowl­edged leader of the Yoruba race. He has had troubles from the herdsmen in the past but last week they actually kidnapped him, mistreated him for days and forced his relations to pay them N5 million ransom.

So, the Afenifere group, the Yoruba socio-cultural group, had to hold an emergency meet­ing after which they declared that “nomadic cattle rearing should be stopped in every state of Yoruba land.”

Afenifere reaffirmed the Golden Rule, which re-echoes what most Nigerians have always felt about the provocations of the Fulani herdsmen. “Yoruba people go to any part of the country to trade, and there is no history or record anywhere the Yorubas destroy the business of their hosts. What we cannot do to others, nobody should do it to us.”They recalled the incident in the “year 2000 in Oke-Ogun area of Oyo State, the Fulani herdsmen and farmers had a major clash which led a strong delegation from Arewa Consultative Forum (Hausa-Fulani socio-political group) to storm the office of the then Governor Lam Ad­esina in a rowdy and angry manner on behalf of the Fulani.”

President Muhammadu Buhari was the leader of that angry delegation 15 years ago, and all eyes are watching, and all ears are listening. He can avert the coming war or he can fan it by pretend­ing not to know that the herdsmen have created enough provocation that could lead to a major social upheaval.

Lewis Obi
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/the-coming-war-over-fulani/

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Coming War Over Fulani by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:24am On Oct 03, 2015
"tse-tse fly ruling us since the days of tafa-balewa". Quote me anywhere

22 Likes

Re: The Coming War Over Fulani by sunnyb0b0(m): 11:27am On Oct 03, 2015
It's a pity this man has sold the once sophisticated Yoruba tribe into perpetual slavery.

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Coming War Over Fulani by MayorofLagos(m): 11:29am On Oct 03, 2015
sunnyb0b0:
It's a pity this man has sold the once sophisticated Yoruba tribe into perpetual slavery.

How so, do you care to share?

2 Likes

Re: The Coming War Over Fulani by mofayodeyahoo: 11:29am On Oct 03, 2015
Cc to mr. Femi Adesina, read this your principals, mal. Shehu and baba himself.
We are waiting for your reply

2 Likes

Re: The Coming War Over Fulani by mofayodeyahoo: 11:30am On Oct 03, 2015
Cc to mr. Femi Adesina, read this to your boss and principal, mal. Shehu and baba himself.

We are waiting for your reply

1 Like

Re: The Coming War Over Fulani by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:31am On Oct 03, 2015
"the sophisticated people will forever be a slave to the people of tse-tse fly".

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Coming War Over Fulani by tafabaloo(m): 11:33am On Oct 03, 2015
Hmm
Re: The Coming War Over Fulani by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:34am On Oct 03, 2015
Truth be told, the herdsmen are more of a cancer to this country.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Coming War Over Fulani by glassjar1: 11:36am On Oct 03, 2015
I WILL SUPPORT YORUBA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Coming War Over Fulani by EdCure: 11:39am On Oct 03, 2015
The war is inevitable. I wonder what is stopping the youths of all affected communities from arming themselves to contain these uncercumcised, barbaric subhumans before they gain more grounds and overwhelm us.

Every non-Hausa/Fulani (especially we Christians) must join forces to obliterate these islamic terrorists and their reprobate leaders back to the pit of hell where they belong.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Coming War Over Fulani by CyberWolf: 11:41am On Oct 03, 2015
We in the Eastern axis are in solidarity with the Yorubas..My only fear is that some of them as usual will go at our back to sell us off angry ....Nevertheless, #OperationFulaniHerdmenMustGo
Click like if you are with me angry

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Coming War Over Fulani by Magician1503(m): 11:42am On Oct 03, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

6 Likes

Re: The Coming War Over Fulani by funmijoyb(f): 11:46am On Oct 03, 2015
CyberWolf:
We in the Eastern axis are in solidarity with the Yorubas..My only fear is that some of them as usual will go at our back to sell us off angry ....Nevertheless, #OperationFulaniHerdmenMustGo
Click like if you are with me angry
you cowards will run like antelope. believe u at my own peril

1 Like

Re: The Coming War Over Fulani by CyberWolf: 11:51am On Oct 03, 2015
funmijoyb:

you cowards will run like antelope. believe u at my own peril
swerve one side angry

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Coming War Over Fulani by lawrenceunaa: 11:51am On Oct 03, 2015
Yoruba greatest weapon is their tongues

No action, no reaction .
When they react no run ooo, keep shouting sai baba angry

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Coming War Over Fulani by EdCure: 11:53am On Oct 03, 2015
sunnyb0b0:
The reach of the herdsmen from hell cuts across all states, all regions and all ethnic group. Your kind of blame game and attempt to factionalise the Southern resistance will only bolster the impunity of these descendents of peadophiles and adherants of the creed of terror, and pay us with a far worthless coin.

3 Likes

Re: The Coming War Over Fulani by CyberWolf: 11:53am On Oct 03, 2015
So Seun, it has come to the point that if I don't mask my Nigerian IPid, I won't be allowed to comment on your forum? angry sad angry ...Ok oo angry
Re: The Coming War Over Fulani by MayorofLagos(m): 12:00pm On Oct 03, 2015
In my own observation I have concluded that the herdsmen do not go go about ordinarily attacking their victims with just physical hardwares. I believe in fact that the gun and the dagger are later brought in to inflict physical harm after first immobilising or overcoming their opponent with nonphysical spells that disarm and paralyse their neurons.

How does a pack of no more than 8 Fulanis invade and finish off a village of over 300 people... There has to be other spellbinding powers they are employing to subdue their opponent from a close proximity before coming within striking distance to strike a blow or stab or shoot to kill.

Whatever charm they are using necessitates human sacrifice and blood. This is why they must continually kill in order for the demonic power to sustain their dominating force and monopoly over farm resources belonging to others.

If any people know what to do to counter that demon it will be Yorubas.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Coming War Over Fulani by amsad19(m): 12:00pm On Oct 03, 2015
Why is all this allegations against fulani alone? ur report is biased and full of hatred to the fulani's. A fulani only fights for revenge he cannot fight just like that. The case in Jos for instance is the people of jos that started by killing their wifes,children and cows.
When a fulani man wins the chairmanship election in 2007 in jos, how many hausa's and fulani's are killed just because one of their own won the election instead of the native jos people? Why didnt u include that in your write-up?
we all have problems and we just have to understand our difference b4 this will end. This will never end by just criticizing one tribe and the other we are 1 let us unite.

5 Likes

Re: The Coming War Over Fulani by superstar1(m): 12:03pm On Oct 03, 2015
They were nearly annihilated in Oke-Ogun in 2000, and a repeat will surely come at this rate.

We are slow to act but trust me, the response is always swift and heavy on enemies.

Their forefathers have Ogun Jalumi to remember, their fathers have Oke-Ogun and I hope this generation do not want a repeat of history on a larger and more devastating level.

9 Likes

Re: The Coming War Over Fulani by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 03, 2015
The president's silence on this issue is baffling

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Coming War Over Fulani by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 03, 2015
amsad19:
Why is all this allegations against fulani alone? ur report is biased and full of hatred to the fulani's. A fulani only fights for revenge he cannot fight just like that. The case in Jos for instance is the people of jos that started by killing their wifes,children and cows.
When a fulani man wins the chairmanship election in 2007 in jos, how many hausa's and fulani's are killed just because one of their own won the election instead of the native jos people? Why didnt u include that in your write-up?
we all have problems and we just have to understand our difference b4 this will end. This will never end by just criticizing one tribe and the other we are 1 let us unite.
If there is any sense in an herdsman head, he should be able to differentiate farmland from grazing area.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Coming War Over Fulani by Aufbauh(m): 12:12pm On Oct 03, 2015
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance" - Confucius

It has become a serious concern to me the way the Igbos are overheating the polity primarily because their preferred candidate GEJ lost the last election. They are fruitlessly employing all avenues to whip up sentiment and garner sympathy to further their lost cause by discrediting the administration of PMB.
If you've not seen the scenario of a man crying more than the bereaved before then the Igbo lamentations for Jonathan lost to the peaceful carriage of an Ijaw man after the election should avail that opportunity.
I observed that this set of people are not good at propaganda as most of their information are distorted and disjointed hence cannot appeal to a reasonable mind.
Somehow, they will find a way to tell their contemptuous south south neighbours how there's a grand conspiracy by the hausa-fulani /Yoruba to marginalize them because of their oil, They will alert the Yoruba how the hausa-fulani has orchestrated plan to invade, islamize and colonize them. They will tell the middle beltan how the fulani has been killing their people without Buhari's response.
Haba Igbos, na only una Waka come? Can't you figure out that no Nigerian is telling you something about the so called fulani agenda that you've make us all to dread? I am from benue state and i can confidently tell you not to cry for us as we are known veteran warriors. It is also noteworthy that the media chooses what to report probably because of interest, if not, to any one my people that was killed by fulani herdsmen i assured you that they've lost close to ten men and hundreds of cows . this is only verifiable from the locals and not the media.
Finally I'll want to ask those that are soliciting our sympathy for war by telling us how much damage fulani have caused us that, how many hausa-fulani people have they kill after the pogrom, series of unprovoked attack against the Igbos in many states of the core north and paramountly the genocide of the civil war.
Enough of this Igbo vague sentiment.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Coming War Over Fulani by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 03, 2015
Obiagelli:
The president's silence on this issue is baffling

Honestly. Is it that Buhari does not know what his brothers have been doing all over the country?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Coming War Over Fulani by CyberWolf: 12:16pm On Oct 03, 2015
amsad19:
And how do you justify their destruction of people's farm lands in the east here? Their arrogance would've overwhelmed my community if not that we acted swiftly on time. I'm telling you what I know because my dad is the Traditional Ruler of my community..We know how to deal with you people, trust me. You guys have been routed completely out of my community now because we knew how to match you people, charm for charm, arms for arms..I'm glad that the Yorubas are talking now.

31 Likes

Re: The Coming War Over Fulani by Kingspin(m): 12:19pm On Oct 03, 2015
Some tribe dont have future. They need education pass the devil.
Re: The Coming War Over Fulani by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 03, 2015
Every day, various news media is awash with frightening details of how innocent Nigerians are killed/maimed/rap.ed by the rampaging fulani invaders. I read recently that the government under Buhari is ready to negotiate with boko haram and it is no longer news that the end result might be amnesty for boko haram fighters who have brutally terminated the lives of thousands of innocent Nigerians for no justifiable reasons.

What will be the final solution to the fulani question in Nigeria?

We are all disturbed about boko haram because of their bombs but the truth is that the fulani invaders have probably killed more Nigerians than boko haram. The rate at which indigenous people of the MB are being killed by the fulani, it is a question of when not how they would eventually wipe out the MB people and occupy their lands. Buhari should tell us how he plans to manage his invading brothers who are hell bent on occupying the MB at all costs. I am inclined to believe that should they successfully finish off the MB people, their eyes would be set on southern lands for occupation as well. Already there are cases of attacks at different locations in the South where people are killed and women ra.ped.

For those supporting and calling for amnesty for boko haram I ask, what about the invading fulanis? Should Nigeria grant them amnesty as well to check their madness

Are the fulanis a special class of Nigerians? We see them openly brandishing riffles even AK 47s in broad day light and one begins to wonder when herdsmen now use AK 47s in rearing cattle. If an Igbo or Yoruba man is seen with a small locally made pistol even at night he would be immediately arrested by security agents and might languish in prison for ever but the fulanis move around with AK 47s and security forces look the other way. Which way Nigeria? They have become more fearless and bold in their attacks since Buhari took over power as President of this country.

16 Likes

Re: The Coming War Over Fulani by sunnyb0b0(m): 12:21pm On Oct 03, 2015
EdCure:

The reach of the herdsmen from hell cuts across all states, all regions and all ethnic group. Your kind of blame game and attempt to factionalise the Southern resistance will only bolster the impunity of these descendents of peadophiles and adherants of the creed of terror, and pay us with a far worthless coin.

Any fragment of Southern solidarity left bolted on the 28th of March I'm afraid.

That's the bitter truth.

7 Likes

Re: The Coming War Over Fulani by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 03, 2015
SovietBomber:

Honestly. Is it that Buhari does not know what his brothers have been doing all over the country?
I am yet to hear anything from the security agencies too. I believe these herdsmen have leaders, nothing from them too
Re: The Coming War Over Fulani by jmoore(m): 12:26pm On Oct 03, 2015
amsad19:
Let's call a spade a spade.

The fulani herdsmen value their lives of their animals more than the lives of strangers. This is a fact!!!!

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

President Buhari Welcomed By Crowd In Jigawa (Photos) / 500 PDP Members Defect To APC In Kuje, Abuja / Sanwo-olu Campaign Boss Meets Lagos’ APC Warring Faction, Banire Ahead Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.