Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,779 members, 7,820,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Should Our Kids Know How Much We Earn? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Our Kids Know How Much We Earn? (1013 Views)

8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do / My Wife Absconded With Our Kids / Subliminal Messages Hidden In Disney Cartoons That Our Kids Watch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Our Kids Know How Much We Earn? by MyVicky: 8:30pm On Feb 04, 2015
Is it okay to tell children how much salary we earn each month? I'm just wondering what to tell my children if they ask me how much I earn? I always feel the matter of money is similar to discussing sex with kids, though I may be wrong. So, should our kids of 5 to 12 years know how much salary we take home at the end of the month?
Re: Should Our Kids Know How Much We Earn? by RotrEmmanuel: 8:32pm On Feb 04, 2015
ok
Re: Should Our Kids Know How Much We Earn? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 04, 2015
its not safe to, though you dont av to lie, I think the best time is probably when they av grown wise enough like around 17-20 yrs of age. At this very age u make them more aware of life and different circumstances and to be conscious of the way to run a family.
Opinion

1 Like

Re: Should Our Kids Know How Much We Earn? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 04, 2015
Neva u try dat! Never!
Re: Should Our Kids Know How Much We Earn? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 04, 2015
5-12 is still too young. They're kids. They'll probably gloat to their friends about it;

BTW why should a 5-year old kid be asking after your salary?
Re: Should Our Kids Know How Much We Earn? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Feb 04, 2015
MzNelly:
5-12 is still too young. They're kids. They'll probably gloat to their friends about it;

So what age-range exactly do you consider a little appropriate to disclose such ish to? I knew my Mum's by 13. Tell ya the impact was positive.

Lol. Should be curiosity. grin
Re: Should Our Kids Know How Much We Earn? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Feb 04, 2015
it's not dia. business.
Re: Should Our Kids Know How Much We Earn? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Feb 04, 2015
it's not dia business.
Re: Should Our Kids Know How Much We Earn? by undercat: 11:56pm On Feb 04, 2015
Children at that age don't usually understand how finances work. Even if you tell them how much you earn, it might not have any significance to them until they understand how people manage their finances.

1 Like

Re: Should Our Kids Know How Much We Earn? by Nobody: 12:07am On Feb 05, 2015
Aprime:

So what age-range exactly do you consider a little appropriate to disclose such ish to? I knew my Mum's by 13. Tell ya the impact was positive.

Lol. Should be curiosity. grin

I just got to know my Dad's recently @ 17.
Re: Should Our Kids Know How Much We Earn? by Ewuro4: 12:18am On Feb 05, 2015
Who told you they already don't know??

Job banks made that easy for them.

Don't even underestimate these children.
Re: Should Our Kids Know How Much We Earn? by Nobody: 4:37am On Feb 05, 2015
No, you do not need to disclose the amount to them. That information should be kept between you and your spouse, as well as your Accountant (if you have one).

2 Likes

Re: Should Our Kids Know How Much We Earn? by MyVicky: 5:26am On Feb 05, 2015
MzNelly:

It's the same kind of curiosity that makes them ask how a child is born?

2 Likes

Re: Should Our Kids Know How Much We Earn? by MyVicky: 11:13pm On Feb 05, 2015
Ewuro4:
Who told you they already don't know??

Job banks made that easy for them.

Don't even underestimate these children.

Very true.

1 Like

Re: Should Our Kids Know How Much We Earn? by Ewuro4: 1:43am On Feb 06, 2015
MyVicky:

It's the same kind of curiosity that makes them ask how a child is born?

grin grin

Recently Had similar discussion regarding kids and YouTube ( how it would be nice to have tween and teen version) . You can't really control it to be honest and if you horde the information, they'll hide and browse the whole information if that what it takes.

Their inquisitiveness is sometimes mind troubling .
Re: Should Our Kids Know How Much We Earn? by MyVicky: 4:20pm On Feb 06, 2015
Ewuro4:

grin grin

Recently Had similar discussion regarding kids and YouTube ( how it would be nice to have tween and teen version) . You can't really control it to be honest and if you horde the information, they'll hide and browse the whole information if that what it takes.

Their inquisitiveness is sometimes mind troubling .

I quite agree with you.
Re: Should Our Kids Know How Much We Earn? by focus7: 11:18pm On Feb 06, 2015
Re: Should Our Kids Know How Much We Earn? by MyVicky: 1:05am On Feb 07, 2015
lofty900:
it's not dia business.
It could be their business especially when their friends brag about their parent's fortune.

(1) (Reply)

Women Are Not To Be Blamed For The Breakup Of Her Marriage / Difference Between Marriage And Wedding "A Necessary Necessity" / Baby Carrier For Bonding With Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.