Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,952 members, 7,814,227 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Genevieve Nnaji, P-square, Don Jazzy, Others Make Most Influential Igbo Personal - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Genevieve Nnaji, P-square, Don Jazzy, Others Make Most Influential Igbo Personal (26953 Views)

Tiwa Savage Slept With 2face, Don Jazzy, Others – Teebillz Reveals On Instagram / Exclusive Interview: I Have Proof Tiwa Was Sleeping With Jazzy, Others- Teebillz / Time 100: Buhari, Ezekwesili, Shekau, Adichie Make Most Influential People List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genevieve Nnaji, P-square, Don Jazzy, Others Make Most Influential Igbo Personal by chychyobbi(f): 5:44am On Feb 05, 2015
Top Nigeria’s entertainers, Genevieve Nnaji, P-square and Don Jazzy have exclusively made the list of Most Influential Igbo Personalities, otherwise known as MIIP among other wave making celebrities in the showbiz industry who are of the Igbo origin.

The MIIIP book, in its 2014-2018 editions released early this year which encompasses Nigeria’s leaders, entrepreneurs, academics and other public figures listed Nollywood actress, Genevieve Nnaji, music stars, P-square, Don Jazzy and Phyno on its entertainer’s category.

It includes the likes of Nkem Owoh, KCee, Flavour, Jim Iyke, Okey Bakassi, Naeto C, D’Prince, Patience Ozokwor, Charles Awurum, John Okafor, Stephanie Okereke-Idahosa, Rita Dominic, Chinedu Ikedieze, Osita Iheme, Saint Obi, Frank Edwards, J Martins, Basketmouth, Uche Ogbuagu, Ugo Stevenson, Amayo Uzo Philips, Andy Ike alongside others standing side-by-side in the book.

Explaining how they made it to the book, showbiz critic and publisher of Day-Light online newspaper, Azuh Amatus described them as prominent contributors of what the showbiz industry has become since its kick-off.

“The Igbo region is currently referred to as the entertainment capital of Nigeria. However, the success recorded in the Nigerian entertainment industry today was highly contributed by Igbo citizens; the industry wouldn’t have been complete without their immense contributions, giant strides and commitment. This is one of the reasons this book should be commended.

“In all spheres of human endeavours, they have touched the nation and those of them in the entertainment industry should be lauded and appreciated, therefore I strongly believe that this book represents what they have done and will continue to do for Igbo tribe and Nigeria in general,” he noted.

Writing a foreword on the rationale behind the book, the President of Editors’ Guild of Nigeria and Managing Director of the Sun Newspapers, Mr. Femi Adesina further hinted that “it is capsule biographies of not five, not ten, not twenty, but a whopping number of Igbo sons and daughters, who are torchbearers in society.”

“And don’t think it is only the old brigade that dominates the book. No, you don’t have to be a Methuselah before you can be a role model. You have them across all the ages. The young, the not so old, and the old. It is a medley that gives you a vivid picture of human society at any given times.

“Like the good scribe, who takes from both the old and the new, the book gives us a blend of Igbo stars across the generations. No doubt, the author has opened new frontiers in knowledge and information. After reading about those listed in this work, you have a feeling of having known them better. Igbo tribe has good reason to be proud of them.”

Furthermore, the author and one of the prime members of the editorial team, Ugochukwu Favour-Mayor stated that to celebrate their tribe, they have worked long and hard to put the book together.

http://www.chichinwaafrica.com/2015/02/genevieve-nnaji-p-square-don-jazzy.html

11 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji, P-square, Don Jazzy, Others Make Most Influential Igbo Personal by mikigen(m): 6:08am On Feb 05, 2015
These igbo personalities ain't doing bad for the igbo nation and nigeria @ large though am not from that part I respect their hustle and achievements.....To whom much is given much is expected......its only fair to acknowledge them. Don jazzy and genevive! Nice shot!

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genevieve Nnaji, P-square, Don Jazzy, Others Make Most Influential Igbo Personal by StCapital: 6:30am On Feb 05, 2015
Who approved this list,please moderator delete the list since Kanayo O.Kanayo, Victor Osuagwu and Pete Edochie are not on the list .

23 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji, P-square, Don Jazzy, Others Make Most Influential Igbo Personal by qadeerkug(m): 6:32am On Feb 05, 2015
Adaobi""""" grin

2 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji, P-square, Don Jazzy, Others Make Most Influential Igbo Personal by Nobody: 6:50am On Feb 05, 2015
StCapital:
Who approved this list,please moderator delete the list since Kanayo O.Kanayo, Victor Osuagwu and Pete Edochie are not on the list .

Bro maybe in year 1994

This is 2014!!!

15 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji, P-square, Don Jazzy, Others Make Most Influential Igbo Personal by Nobody: 6:53am On Feb 05, 2015
My Igbo people doing great things while others hate

More than half of Benin boys have traveled out of the country washing plates in Europe

others are making it here!!!

12 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji, P-square, Don Jazzy, Others Make Most Influential Igbo Personal by Syfy(f): 7:57am On Feb 05, 2015
Nice one kiss
Re: Genevieve Nnaji, P-square, Don Jazzy, Others Make Most Influential Igbo Personal by kenbee(f): 8:31am On Feb 05, 2015
Kudos to them but honestly I don't see any big deal in the list since it is just a collection of entertainers of Igbo extraction.

4 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji, P-square, Don Jazzy, Others Make Most Influential Igbo Personal by igbsam(m): 8:31am On Feb 05, 2015
Don Jazzy is from Delta, abi...

Anyway, congrats to all of them. Goodway to start the year. Hope they make forbes soon

3 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji, P-square, Don Jazzy, Others Make Most Influential Igbo Personal by PerfumeRepublik: 8:32am On Feb 05, 2015
Good for them

Yungwizzzy:
More than half of Benin boys have traveled out of the country washing plates in Europe

Good Morning Troll.

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji, P-square, Don Jazzy, Others Make Most Influential Igbo Personal by dridowu: 8:32am On Feb 05, 2015
Good Morning Nigerians.
God bless us all
Re: Genevieve Nnaji, P-square, Don Jazzy, Others Make Most Influential Igbo Personal by hemartins(m): 8:33am On Feb 05, 2015
Ok o.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji, P-square, Don Jazzy, Others Make Most Influential Igbo Personal by Babaneh(m): 8:33am On Feb 05, 2015
it adds nothing to my pocket...smh
Re: Genevieve Nnaji, P-square, Don Jazzy, Others Make Most Influential Igbo Personal by holatin(m): 8:33am On Feb 05, 2015
where is OBJ ?

you mean Igbo.....sowi
Re: Genevieve Nnaji, P-square, Don Jazzy, Others Make Most Influential Igbo Personal by Sierraloaded: 8:33am On Feb 05, 2015
Cool
Re: Genevieve Nnaji, P-square, Don Jazzy, Others Make Most Influential Igbo Personal by Nobody: 8:33am On Feb 05, 2015

7 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji, P-square, Don Jazzy, Others Make Most Influential Igbo Personal by kekakuz(m): 8:34am On Feb 05, 2015
the Igbo region is the entertainment capital of naija abi

no wonder two ibo boys (Dr sid n don jazzy) sang surulere
a super hit ibo song produced in aba

7 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji, P-square, Don Jazzy, Others Make Most Influential Igbo Personal by bright8(m): 8:34am On Feb 05, 2015
Yungwizzzy:

You want to stir strife abi?

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji, P-square, Don Jazzy, Others Make Most Influential Igbo Personal by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 05, 2015
Re: Genevieve Nnaji, P-square, Don Jazzy, Others Make Most Influential Igbo Personal by Trending(m): 8:35am On Feb 05, 2015
good for em
Re: Genevieve Nnaji, P-square, Don Jazzy, Others Make Most Influential Igbo Personal by chibike69: 8:35am On Feb 05, 2015
omo see space booking
Re: Genevieve Nnaji, P-square, Don Jazzy, Others Make Most Influential Igbo Personal by Icon4s(m): 8:36am On Feb 05, 2015
"The Igbos!" -back bones of the entertainment industry

3 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji, P-square, Don Jazzy, Others Make Most Influential Igbo Personal by frinx: 8:36am On Feb 05, 2015
influence ke...
Re: Genevieve Nnaji, P-square, Don Jazzy, Others Make Most Influential Igbo Personal by Kingstaplus(m): 8:36am On Feb 05, 2015
I love ds, my phyno is in d list

2 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji, P-square, Don Jazzy, Others Make Most Influential Igbo Personal by Ayobami97(m): 8:36am On Feb 05, 2015
I didn't choose them!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji, P-square, Don Jazzy, Others Make Most Influential Igbo Personal by Icon4s(m): 8:36am On Feb 05, 2015
chibike69:
omo see space booking
No b small thing o. shocked
Re: Genevieve Nnaji, P-square, Don Jazzy, Others Make Most Influential Igbo Personal by msmon(m): 8:37am On Feb 05, 2015
Interesting! Waiting for a thread on 'Yoruba Most Influential Personalities'
Re: Genevieve Nnaji, P-square, Don Jazzy, Others Make Most Influential Igbo Personal by onyekachee(f): 8:37am On Feb 05, 2015
Nice development,I love my igbo brothers and sisters

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genevieve Nnaji, P-square, Don Jazzy, Others Make Most Influential Igbo Personal by Stanley4E(m): 8:37am On Feb 05, 2015
Why am i not in the List? Even SINACH is not there not to talk of the ALMIGHTY Pete Edochie
Re: Genevieve Nnaji, P-square, Don Jazzy, Others Make Most Influential Igbo Personal by hazyfm1: 8:38am On Feb 05, 2015
INTERESTING

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Have Six Children From Different Women- Segun Arinze / Empress Njamah Celebrates 1300 Kids As Foundation To Host Children's Day Party / Wizkid, Maleek Berry, Sarz Turn Up For Mr Eazi's Video Shoot In London (pics,vid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.