Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,930 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Ibb Receives His National E-id Card - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibb Receives His National E-id Card (803 Views)

Dogara Receives His National ID Card Today / Atiku Abubakar Receives His National I.D Card In His Yola Residence. Photos / Buhari Presented With His National ID Card (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibb Receives His National E-id Card by shevon: 12:05pm On Feb 05, 2015
Former president, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, on the 20th January, 2015 was issued his National e-ID Card by the Director General of the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) and his management team.
The Card issuance too place at his Minna uphill residence, Niger State.

Following the Card issuance the former president who was visibly impressed by the card and its applications, noted that the card will no doubt help improve the security initiatives by the present administration.

He also expressed satisfaction that the card was issued to him while he was alive and can still make use of its features, and called on every Nigeria to ensure that they enroll for the National Identification Number (NIN) so they will be eligible for the Card.

He said: “I am proud to have received the new National e-ID Card today. I am a proud Nigerian, and every Nigerian should make an extra effort to enrol and collect his own National Identity Card.
“Everyone should be proud of this type of project because it confirms you as a citizen. It is definitely something to be proud of. I am proud I have this one while I am still alive, please keep it up. And for those who have not succeeded in enrolling, try to make sure you do it fast.”

Earlier in his address, the DG of NIMC said the Commission has entered the distribution stage and noted that about six million cards are ready for distribution.
He said: “We have started distribution of the cards to Nigerians nationwide. We started with Abuja, Lagos and Rivers States. Other state offices are ready for deployment and will start issuance soon.
He added that all Nigerians that have enrolled will get their cards before April.

He said: to avoid crowding the centres, NIMC will send an SMS to all enrollees whose cards are ready. Whoever receives such an SMS, should go to where he or she registered to collect his card.

Source: https://www.nimc.gov.ng/?q=ibb-receives-his-national-e-id-card

Re: Ibb Receives His National E-id Card by PassingShot(m): 12:08pm On Feb 05, 2015
OK. IBB, you no try for us sha. Na you start the institutionalization of corruption in Nigeria o.
Re: Ibb Receives His National E-id Card by shevon: 12:14pm On Feb 05, 2015
I don't trust these people. Why can't they take a cue from INEC or FRSC and also provide a link where people who registered can actually verify if these cards have been worked on. They mentioned they have started sharing the cards in Lagos, ABJ and PHC and every time we go to collect here in PHC they tell us that they are yet to receive anything and that we should go and wait.
If by now they are yet to get the cards, how then would they be able to fully distribute these cards by April. Instead of them to start on time, they will wait till the 11th hour. Thank goodness we are not using it for election or something related to that, otherwise some people will be calling for postponement like they are doing for the general election now.

Modified: The only people I know that have collected theirs are Uncle Jona, David Mark and his deputy, Baba Sege and IBB and this is because it was published on NICM website.
Abeg, anybody whey don collect make im tell us how im take do am.
Re: Ibb Receives His National E-id Card by jamoki: 4:08pm On Oct 16, 2018
i dont know what a country Nigeria is, since 2014 i enroll for the new national ID at NIMC office Port Harcourt i am yet to get the card. i keep checking online but nothing. what a country.
Re: Ibb Receives His National E-id Card by eagleae7(m): 4:28pm On Oct 16, 2018
Useless country, this card could have served lots of purpose for the nation if well implemented and delivered

Since 2014 they have been snailing, 1 card 1yr.
Re: Ibb Receives His National E-id Card by hisexcellency34: 4:29pm On Oct 16, 2018
I doubt if this man will vote in 2019

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: INEC Set To Postpone 2015 Elections / There Are New Developments to be Addressed Before Elections —jega / Funilayo Ransom Kuti With Tafawa Balewa (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.