Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Should A Woman Lie About Having A Child Outside Wedlock?? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Woman Lie About Having A Child Outside Wedlock?? (4795 Views)

The Son My Late Dad Had Out Of Wedlock Locked My Mum Out Of Our House, Pls Advis / Having A Timetable For Sex Can Boost Your Relationship / what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Woman Lie About Having A Child Outside Wedlock?? by LordReed(m): 11:45am On Feb 10, 2015
That is not something a mother should ever have to consider whether in or out of wedlock. If a man is not going to marry her because She had a child out of wedlock then lying about it will only make him even more furious when he discovers it.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Lie About Having A Child Outside Wedlock?? by mcdokwe(m): 1:42pm On Feb 10, 2015
BreezyRita:

#Lips sealed

No worry, I have a razor blade, when and if I need u to talk, I go use am on the sealer. Lol
Re: Should A Woman Lie About Having A Child Outside Wedlock?? by mcdokwe(m): 3:12pm On Feb 10, 2015
Flytefalls:

That's a good outlook, most probably borne out of experience. What I hate about this wedlock, virgin, chaste, holier-than-thou nonsense is it creates a person's fervent virtue they'd hold to judge others. This is a poor man's way of creating a superiority complex/ moral hierarchy. Pathetic. Even Jesus gave prostitutes a chance.
maybe and maybe because the rate of murder in the name of abortion for unwanted pregnancies is becoming alarming due to the need to avoid such stigma
Re: Should A Woman Lie About Having A Child Outside Wedlock?? by KanwuliaJara: 4:33pm On Feb 10, 2015
That is her choice o. kiss
For me?
Tufiakwa!!!!
Re: Should A Woman Lie About Having A Child Outside Wedlock?? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 10, 2015
mcdokwe:
maybe and maybe because the rate of murder in the name of abortion for unwanted pregnancies is becoming alarming due to the need to avoid such stigma
Woahoaaaah, slow down. The battlefield of ethics is a mess evidently.

So, you seek to ease the stigma surrounding single mothers, yet you're comfortable with the full weight of associated stigma to be pushed to the other side of the pro-life/pro-choice debate (creating a similar scenario where a woman lacks authority over her personal choices and consequent quality of life- as perceived by herself and observed by others)?

This world is incapable of healing itself undecided
Re: Should A Woman Lie About Having A Child Outside Wedlock?? by mcdokwe(m): 8:20pm On Feb 10, 2015
Flytefalls:

Woahoaaaah, slow down. The battlefield of ethics is a mess evidently.

So, you seek to ease the stigma surrounding single mothers, yet you're comfortable with the full weight of associated stigma to be pushed to the other side of the pro-life/pro-choice debate (creating a similar scenario where a woman lacks authority over her personal choices and consequent quality of life- as perceived by herself and observed by others)?

This world is incapable of healing itself undecided
why kill someone else? If you don't want to or can't stand being a single mother, do not engage in unprotected sex.
Re: Should A Woman Lie About Having A Child Outside Wedlock?? by BreezyRita(f): 8:49pm On Feb 10, 2015
mcdokwe:
why kill someone else? If you don't want to or can't stand being a single mother, do not engage in unprotected sex.
lipsrsealed
Re: Should A Woman Lie About Having A Child Outside Wedlock?? by mcdokwe(m): 9:46pm On Feb 10, 2015
As much as I do not judge those who abort beautiful babies, I think it can be likened to someone killing a witness to crime just so he won't be found out. I personally know it is sometimes a tough decision for those who engage in it, but come on, what if anything goes wrong? What if you die too? What if you get your tubes ruptured and lose the ability to ever conceive again?

The guilt one might feel after the act which of course is irreversible is nothing compared to the scorn self-righteous people might subject one to.

#teamletthebabieslive

#teamsinglemothersarenottheworstwomen
Re: Should A Woman Lie About Having A Child Outside Wedlock?? by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 11, 2015
mcdokwe:
The same goes for males, but rarely do they ever carry the same stigma. A man doesn't lose his virility when he has a child. For a woman, it's all downhill from the moment she loses her cherished virginity.

Why be a hero? Why go through the process of having a baby with a man you don't respect and accept a diminished quality of life? There is an option to avoid all of that. Contraception! But sometimes, there must be abortion.

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Lie About Having A Child Outside Wedlock?? by mcdokwe(m): 10:51am On Feb 11, 2015
Flytefalls:

Why be a hero? Why go through the process of having a baby with a man you don't respect and accept a diminished quality of life? There is an option to avoid all of that. Contraception! But sometimes, there must be abortion.
What does it tell of you sleeping with a man you don't respect?
Re: Should A Woman Lie About Having A Child Outside Wedlock?? by Nobody: 11:10am On Feb 11, 2015
mcdokwe:

What does it tell of you sleeping with a man you don't respect?
Because unfortunately, people change.
Re: Should A Woman Lie About Having A Child Outside Wedlock?? by BreezyRita(f): 9:21pm On Feb 11, 2015
Flytefalls:

Because unfortunately, people change.

Chop knuckle for this!

Neways,
#TeamAbstainTillYou'reHitched!
Re: Should A Woman Lie About Having A Child Outside Wedlock?? by Nobody: 4:32am On Feb 12, 2015
BreezyRita:

True that. But apart from kids, there are other things you get in marriage; like companionship.
I agree but it's not worth losing your kid for in my opinion. A man can leave you anytime while your kids will always be there for you.
Re: Should A Woman Lie About Having A Child Outside Wedlock?? by BreezyRita(f): 10:07pm On Mar 05, 2015
Yareey:

I agree but it's not worth losing your kid for in my opinion. A man can leave you anytime while your kids will always be there for you.

I know.
No relationship can be compared to that of a mother and her child. But should a woman find love (for those that know how it feels to be in love), it can be very difficult. Making the choice between her love (which may or may not last long) and her child. They both bring happiness and a sense of fulfilment.
Re: Should A Woman Lie About Having A Child Outside Wedlock?? by maclatunji: 10:20pm On Mar 05, 2015
Do not lie, take responsibility for your actions, it does not mean you can't or won't get married.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PLS Advice(l Am A Married Man Dating Another Married Woman) / Please,help My Brother / Why Do African Men Act Like They Are Doing Women A Favour…?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.