Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,715 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Everything You Need For Your Engagement - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Everything You Need For Your Engagement (4682 Views)

4 Ways To Celebrate Your Engagement / How To Deal With Jealous Friends After You Announce Your Engagement / How Often Did You Wear Your Engagement Ring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everything You Need For Your Engagement by ProfGday(m): 9:13pm On Feb 05, 2015
INTRDUCTION LIST
1. 1 Crate of egg
2. 1 pack of bottled water
3. 2 baskets of fruit
4. 1 pack of can maltina
5. 2 assorted wine
6. 1 pack of five alive
7. a bag of salt
ENGAGEMENT LIST
1. Holy Quran
2. Engagement Ring
3. One big suit case
4. Gold wrist watch
5. 2 different pairs of shoes and bags
6. 2 head gears(of high quality)
7. 4 assorted clothes
8. 42 pieces of kolanut(obi)
9. 42 pieces of bitter kola(orogbo)
10. 42 pieces of alligator pepper(atare)
11. 1 decanter of pure honey
12. 1 big dish of aadun
13. 1 keg of vegetable oil
14. 1 keg of palm oil
15. 1 bag of rice
16. 1 big dish of sugar
17. 1 big dish of salt
18. 62 tubers of yam
19. 42. pics of eja osan
20. 1 roll of sugar
21. 1 big bag of salt
22. 1 umbrella
23. 1 set of tray
24. 2 set of stock pot
DOWRY -#5,000
OWO ISHIGBA-#1,000
OWO BABA GBO-#1,000
OWO IYA GBO-#1,000
OWO OMOLE OKUNRIN-#1,000
OWO OMOLE OBIRIN-#1,000
IYAWO -#1,000
OWO IJOKO AGBA-#1,000
OWO IJOKO IYAWO-#1,000
OWO ISIJU IYAWO-#1,000
OWO IKANLEKUN-#500
OWO PHONE-#500
OWO PLANE-#1000
OWO IKALETA-#500

DRINKS
1. 4 CARTONS OF FIVE ALIVE
2. 4. CRATES OF CANN DRINKS
3. 6 BOTTLES OF WINE
4. 2 CRATES OF CAN MALT
5. 1 EMPTY DECANTER
6. 2. BASKETS OF FRUIT
7. ASSORTED SWEET AND BISCUIT
Re: Everything You Need For Your Engagement by ammyluv2002(f): 9:19pm On Feb 05, 2015
Why? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Everything You Need For Your Engagement by ProfGday(m): 9:29pm On Feb 05, 2015
ammyluv2002:

singing Omawumi's song "if u ask me na who I go ask?
Re: Everything You Need For Your Engagement by ProfGday(m): 9:33pm On Feb 05, 2015
ammyluv2002:
this list was given to my bosom friend dat wnt to marry ds weekend.So I think u guys need to c it oooo.
Re: Everything You Need For Your Engagement by ammyluv2002(f): 9:44pm On Feb 05, 2015
ProfGday:

this list was given to my bosom friend dat wnt to marry ds weekend.So I think u guys need to c it oooo.
Ours is just a bottle of wine grin
Re: Everything You Need For Your Engagement by leemah68(f): 9:45pm On Feb 05, 2015
Wettin! Dem won open shop?
Re: Everything You Need For Your Engagement by ProfGday(m): 9:59pm On Feb 05, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Ours is just a bottle of wine grin
you're lucky then to av such an inlaws...some inlaws even go to extent of requesting for BB,DSTV,Plasma TV
Re: Everything You Need For Your Engagement by ProfGday(m): 10:02pm On Feb 05, 2015
leemah68:
Dsame I ask my guy whn he handed me d list.I no fit laugh oooo
Re: Everything You Need For Your Engagement by ProfGday(m): 10:03pm On Feb 05, 2015
leemah68:
Dsame questn I asked my guy whn he handed me d list.I no fit laugh oooo
Re: Everything You Need For Your Engagement by obiak4(m): 2:17am On Feb 06, 2015
all na bragado stunt just go there with whatever you can afford.
the thing about list anywhere is that you can never provide all and that would not stop the marriage
Sikena!!!
Re: Everything You Need For Your Engagement by ladyju(f): 5:29am On Feb 06, 2015
obiak4:
all na bragado stunt just go there with whatever you can afford.
the thing about list anywhere is that you can never provide all and that would not stop the marriage
Sikena!!!

In igbo land, you have to provide everything on d list o. Precisely in Anambra state where I come from. Though the things are affordable.
Re: Everything You Need For Your Engagement by obiak4(m): 6:28am On Feb 06, 2015
ladyju:

In igbo land, you have to provide everything on d list o. Precisely in Anambra state where I come from. Though the things are affordable.
eye opener thanks for d enlightenment, but I guess it depend on the family and the suitor,can u suggests some of the items hope it will not full higher education notebook #smilling
kia I have to hustle hard ooo

1 Like

Re: Everything You Need For Your Engagement by SirAweezy(m): 7:14am On Feb 06, 2015
Reasonable and affordable list for Any young working class guy.
Re: Everything You Need For Your Engagement by veave(f): 10:16am On Feb 06, 2015
These things are not upto a 100k na.... lucky dude...

2 Likes

Re: Everything You Need For Your Engagement by ProfGday(m): 10:37am On Feb 06, 2015
SirAweezy:
Reasonable and affordable list for Any young working class guy.
bros,there is nthing reasonable on d list @ all.
Re: Everything You Need For Your Engagement by ProfGday(m): 10:38am On Feb 06, 2015
veave:
its more than that....calculate it
Re: Everything You Need For Your Engagement by SirAweezy(m): 10:44am On Feb 06, 2015
ProfGday:

bros,there is nthing reasonable on d list @ all.

That list compare to the list I received... Is jst "change". And I didn't even complain until the very last day that I realized it was over 450k.
I was always ready for it anyway.
Re: Everything You Need For Your Engagement by ProfGday(m): 11:05am On Feb 06, 2015
SirAweezy:

That list compare to the list I received... Is jst "change". And I didn't even complain until the very last day that I realized it was over 450k.
I was always ready for it anyway.
u must be one of ds oil-magnate#450k for engagement/introduction?Haba.Odikwa too much.So ur weddn xpenses wud cost ruffly 10M?
Re: Everything You Need For Your Engagement by ladyju(f): 1:48pm On Feb 06, 2015
obiak4:

eye opener thanks for d enlightenment, but I guess it depend on the family and the suitor,can u suggests some of the items hope it will not full higher education notebook #smilling
kia I have to hustle hard ooo
. Just few drinks. They are affordable
Re: Everything You Need For Your Engagement by ProfGday(m): 2:11pm On Feb 06, 2015
ladyju:
. Just few drinks. They are affordable
Let c it.
Re: Everything You Need For Your Engagement by sofunmikamgbo: 2:34pm On Feb 06, 2015
Later they keep abusing Igbo people for long lists. This is a Nigerian thing
Re: Everything You Need For Your Engagement by SirAweezy(m): 2:36pm On Feb 06, 2015
ProfGday:

u must be one of ds oil-magnate#450k for engagement/introduction?Haba.Odikwa too much.So ur weddn xpenses wud cost ruffly 10M?

Lol.. Na hustle we dey o.. I remember vivildy spent abt 3m. But it is well.. When there is job security u can cut your coat according to your size.

Besides, one thing I learned is that if you have 1billion and people know you've it... They help you budget beyond your bank account.

So stand your ground please and don't let anyone push you beyond your pocket.

NB: there is never a perfect wedding!

1 Like

Re: Everything You Need For Your Engagement by Lipzlikeshugar(f): 7:07pm On Feb 06, 2015
veave:
its for engagement na, not marriage. lol
Re: Everything You Need For Your Engagement by veave(f): 8:01pm On Feb 06, 2015
Lipzlikeshugar:
its for engagement na, not marriage. lol

No be d same thing ni?
Re: Everything You Need For Your Engagement by ireneidiva(f): 8:13pm On Feb 06, 2015
Why do you guys call traditional marriage engagement?
Re: Everything You Need For Your Engagement by ProfGday(m): 8:48pm On Feb 07, 2015
ireneidiva:
Why do you guys call traditional marriage engagement?
I think weddn ceremony dat took place only in court ?
Re: Everything You Need For Your Engagement by yetseyi(f): 8:52pm On Feb 07, 2015
That list is for traditional marriage,most yorubas call the traditional marriage engagement.
The list for introduction is the one above.
And besides the list is fair enough some are far more detailed.
Re: Everything You Need For Your Engagement by ireneidiva(f): 8:54pm On Feb 07, 2015
ProfGday:

I think weddn ceremony dat took place only in court ?
Re: Everything You Need For Your Engagement by jmoore(m): 8:58pm On Feb 07, 2015
Engagement got its own list too, huh?
Re: Everything You Need For Your Engagement by dimplecakes(f): 12:49am On Feb 08, 2015
Let me contribute to the best of my knowledge.

Engagement is the same as traditional wedding.

Introduction is just wen few of the guy's family members which may include the father, mother, brothers, sisters, few family members(when I say few family members, am referring to either your uncle, aunty, cousins and the likes) and a few close friend of the guy would come see the girl's family. That is the proper introduction. That is when the would start to introduce the members of both family to each other.

Before an engagement which is the traditional marriage must take place or before any wedding to take place, introduction must come first (first of all introduction)

Traditional wedding is a cultured wedding in style. If you are yoruba, edo, ibibio, house, fulani or the likes, u dres in your native attire.

And note this also, the list above is for the traditional marriage not introduction. As the guy, You don't bring anything for introduction except you are well - to - do and you don't want to go to your in-law house empty handed, that is when you can voluntarily buy some stuffs with you. But it's advisable to take somethings along with you sha. And also, during introduction it is the girl's family that feed anybody present at the occasion.

So introduction and engagement is not the same thing.

Engagement is also called traditional wedding.

Hope have made some points.

Enjoy!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Everything You Need For Your Engagement by ProfGday(m): 6:19pm On Feb 08, 2015
dimplecakes:
Let me contribute to the best of my knowledge.

Engagement is the same as traditional wedding.

Introduction is just wen few of the guy's family members which may include the father, mother, brothers, sisters, few family members(when I say few family members, am referring to either your uncle, aunty, cousins and the likes) and a few close friend of the guy would come see the girl's family. That is the proper introduction. That is when the would start to introduce the members of both family to each other.

Before an engagement which is the traditional marriage must take place or before any wedding to take place, introduction must come first (first of all introduction)

Traditional wedding is a cultured wedding in style. If you are yoruba, edo, ibibio, house, fulani or the likes, u dres in your native attire.

And note this also, the list above is for the traditional marriage not introduction. As the guy, You don't bring anything for introduction except you are well - to - do and you don't want to go to your in-law house empty handed, that is when you can voluntarily buy some stuffs with you. But it's advisable to take somethings along with you sha. And also, during introduction it is the girl's family that feed anybody present at the occasion.

So introduction and engagement is not the same thing.

Engagement is also called traditional wedding.

Hope have made some points.

Enjoy!!!!!
thanks ma'am for sharing this knwledge wth us..Dem for take me for maga if i didn't know ds.....
Pls dear,oluwatoyin it is not in our tradition to be collecting a dime frm ur inlaws during introductn and pls temper mercy during our engagement too as u don know say too much of everything is bad.....lol
Re: Everything You Need For Your Engagement by endsarrrs(f): 3:06am On Dec 14, 2020
sad
ammyluv2002:
i nearly faint for guys o. Why?!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is A Child's Education An Achievement To Parents Or Their Responsibility? / Why Do I Find It Hard To Accept My Wife's Good Advices?" / Parents - Do Your Children Have Godparents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.