Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,833 members, 7,831,703 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster (41254 Views)

Photos From D’banj’s 10th Anniversary Celebrations In South Africa / First Photos From The Red Carpet At D’banj’s 10th Anniversary Party (SEE Photos) / Donjazzy Subs D'banj 10 Years Anniversary Concert ..(SEE TWEETS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by Nobody: 12:14pm On Feb 06, 2015
Imanuelle:

You fall my hand.

There may be some truth-crumbs in your post, and I like that you said your mind, but generalizing ?

Yea you are right about the generalisation of my opinion but when you have a particular people from a single tribe attacking an innocent guy, u ll be left with no choice than to generalise your submission
Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 06, 2015
FolarinLondon:

Yea you are right about the generalisation of my opinion but when you have a particular people from a single tribe attacking an innocent guy, u ll be left with no choice than to generalise your submission

You know you're better than that.

Don't go that tribal lane, you're bigger than that.
Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 06, 2015
Angelahoney:
. DBanj and Don Jazzy did well together. There's no point for U to hate of Don Jazzy either. DBanj is talented but he did better under Don Jazzy. We were hoping that DBanj would have gone far based on his latest move that is not the case.

Point of correction, D banj has never at any point in time been under Jazzy; the whole arrangement was mutual agreement between these two guys.

Jazzy being portrayed as the Don when they newly relocated back to Nigeria was their own way of distinguishing themselves from the rest which eventually worked for them.

I m not dissing Jazzy; the only reason why u deemed my write up as an attack on him is the fact that I m not being economical with the truth.

Have you listened to that Dr Sid audio tape? Pathetic and heart-trending!!! Pls put yourself in D banj shoe and tell me how u gonna feel to see someone you invited to come and eat but only for him to hold your hand from eating....
Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by suzelle: 12:24pm On Feb 06, 2015
Need a very good paying part time job, Register at http://www.cashripe.com/?id=Suzelle Its easy, free and fun
Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 06, 2015
Imanuelle:

You know you're better than that.

Don't go that tribal lane, you're bigger than that.

Honestly speaking, I m not being tribal, I presumed I m not seeing things from your perspective but I can assure you that I m not being tribal.

Just stating the obvious and I don't know how to be stingy and economical with the truth.

However, unreserved apology for the generalisation of my opinion.
Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 06, 2015
princejayboss:

Bro grow up besides which part of london do you stay ?

You are rude with that statement but I ll pretend you didn't tell me to grow up for airing

Gravesend. Moved from from Thamesmead Central couple of weeks ago.
Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 06, 2015
FolarinLondon:

Honestly speaking, I m not being tribal, I presumed I m not seeing things from your perspective but I can assure you that I m not being tribal.

Just stating the obvious and I don't know how to be stingy and economical with the truth.

However, unreserved apology for the generalisation of my opinion.

No problem bro. Its all good.
Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by Nicepoker(m): 12:43pm On Feb 06, 2015
oladapolif:
I am 100% tell you, the people hating and creating lie stories about Dbanj are non Yoruba. No reason why u will hate on this nigga so much and still use your precious time to build lies about me.. U are never going forward too, keep hating on someone else success
watz even good about yorubas. Lousy set of individuals.
Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by Bugatie(m): 12:57pm On Feb 06, 2015
FolarinLondon:

The whole lies are made up by all these freaking Igbos simply cos the D banj dumped their annoying son.

Have you notice that since D banj left the mofo-Jazzy (cos there is nothing Don about him as far as London guys are concerned, he can only be a Don in the land of foolish and blind people), he has been featuring in all sort of cheap adverts and singles? He has gone back to his humble beginning unlike when the D banj was selling him to the world as a Don with walking stick.

Go and check people attacking the innocent guy on YouTube, they are all Igbos going by their profile names. Honestly, you ll begin to ask yourself, why are they trying to pull him down at all cost?

And the painful part of this is that D banj was d one who encouraged Jazzy to follow him to Nigeria in the first place, lived in their house and probably got fed by D banj parents.

D banj was the one who brought this useless and untalented mofo called Dr sid to the group but only for him to back stabbed him; listen to the audio that went viral couple of months ago and that ll tell you how wicked people can be......

Learn from this......

Just shut it!

1 Like

Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by Champele(m): 1:15pm On Feb 06, 2015
Nwa men,this news pain you pass everyone but its true. Dbanj no get talent by mere looking at him,don baba help him and got disappointed. This is the price.
FolarinLondon:

The whole lies are made up by all these freaking Igbos simply cos the D banj dumped their annoying son.

Have you notice that since D banj left the mofo-Jazzy (cos there is nothing Don about him as far as London guys are concerned, he can only be a Don in the land of foolish and blind people), he has been featuring in all sort of cheap adverts and singles? He has gone back to his humble beginning unlike when the D banj was selling him to the world as a Don with walking stick.

Go and check people attacking the innocent guy on YouTube, they are all Igbos going by their profile names. Honestly, you ll begin to ask yourself, why are they trying to pull him down at all cost?

And the painful part of this is that D banj was d one who encouraged Jazzy to follow him to Nigeria in the first place, lived in their house and probably got fed by D banj parents.

D banj was the one who brought this useless and untalented mofo called Dr sid to the group but only for him to back stabbed him; listen to the audio that went viral couple of months ago and that ll tell you how wicked people can be......

Learn from this......

1 Like

Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by Neplusultra(f): 2:14pm On Feb 06, 2015
Its sickening how pple defend dis guy as if dey share d limelight wit him or cos he's a tribesman or cos he is god or maybe, just maybe dere's a pricetag attached to it, dere has to be an explanation for dis, seriously its irritating

1 Like

Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by brainiac007: 2:37pm On Feb 06, 2015
FolarinLondon:

Learn from this......

Ɣou're clearly tribalistic

1 Like

Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 06, 2015
brainiac007:

Ɣou're clearly tribalistic

You r wrong. My write up was strictly based on comprehensive observation of a particular tribe's attitude towards the brouhaha of his downfall (D banj couldn't pay his bill anymore, D banj couldn't do this and that).

However, if you think I m being tribalistic about saying my mind as regards this issue, then there is a problem....
Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by stayblack: 4:06pm On Feb 06, 2015
DIS GUY IS BROKE , BEGGIN FOR ATTENTION..GUY SAVE UR SMALL PAPER, AND STOP WASTIN UR PAPER TO IMPRESS US..WE NOR SEND U..U NOR GET ANYTHIN TO OFFER AGAIN...MONKEY..
Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by Olaone1: 4:36pm On Feb 06, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by Mikolo70(m): 4:58pm On Feb 06, 2015
stayblack:
DIS GUY IS BROKE , BEGGIN FOR ATTENTION..GUY SAVE UR SMALL PAPER, AND STOP WASTIN UR PAPER TO IMPRESS US..WE NOR SEND U..U NOR GET ANYTHIN TO OFFER AGAIN...MONKEY..
NA YOUR ENTIRE GENERATION BE MONKEY...OLORIBURUKU!
Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by lessbusy01: 5:06pm On Feb 06, 2015
Invest In The Future, Invest In Lekki
Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by lessbusy01: 5:26pm On Feb 06, 2015
Invest In The Future, Invest In Lekki.
Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by kingkassar(m): 7:10pm On Feb 06, 2015
What do u expect from bunch of haterz! undecided
Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by Creamychic(f): 9:33pm On Feb 06, 2015
nairaman66:

Very funny, I am laughing in UHDTV! Thought you were among the panelist! grin

Thought wrong! I'm just a passive observer gathering information. smiley
Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by nairaman66(m): 10:23pm On Feb 06, 2015
Creamychic:

Thought wrong! I'm just a passive observer gathering information. smiley

Word flash! Passive, Observer, Gathering Info! You sound like CIA to me.. cheesy
Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by Creamychic(f): 10:35pm On Feb 06, 2015
nairaman66:

Word flash! Passive, Observer, Gathering Info! You sound like CIA to me.. cheesy

Lol...CIA?? You insult me. Try again!
Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by nairaman66(m): 10:53pm On Feb 06, 2015
Creamychic:

Lol...CIA?? You insult me. Try again!

undecided undecided
Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by Geestunnar(m): 11:00pm On Feb 06, 2015
[quote author=Geestunnar post=30463572][/quote]
Fp, Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!
Dancing shoki
Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by realborn(m): 8:09am On Feb 08, 2015
SirShymexx:

@ sentence in bold - this is the type of idi.otic summation that pisses me off about you loutish Yoruba folks. Pray tell how you quantify a person's "Yorubaness" and the yardstick you used in ascertaining that a next person, is more Yoruba than the other? Apart from being cowardly, weak, and loud - most of you brutish Yoruba clowns who always exude this pseudo-sophisticated nonsense are just blinkered souls.

Not holding brief for the guy you quoted, and he's entitled to his opinions, based on his personal observation - that's what freedom of speech is about. However, when has Dbanj ever claimed to be anything but an entertainer? And isn't he still an entertainer?

As for the other guy he broke up with: if he were that talented, how come the guy hasn't created a next Dbanj, and why is his ar.se still stuck in naij with no international appeal? Talent is something natural that never goes away, it's either you have it, or you don't - and it seems ol'boy doesn't really have what it takes, and Dbanj made him. When you look at the talented producers, you judge them based on their body of work - that's why Dr Dre could create NWA and Ice Cube; move from that situation and create a Snoop Dogg (and also produce 2pac's greatest hit: California Love); move from there and create Eminem; then create a 50cent; and the Game. He's also a huge part of Kendrick Lemar's success, though he isn't that much into producing music like he used to be cos of the success of Beats by Dre. Then you have for the likes of Pete Rock, Dj Premier, Swiss Beats, Berry Gordy, J Dilla, Babyface, Timbaland etc. who are/were responsible for the success of more than one super-successful artist.

The whole nonsense looks like sour grapes. And what wrong business decision did he make? You mean the guy making international power moves everywhere made a bad business decision? - hysterical. grin Don't ever talk about business again, before I lose my darn mind. Stick to the primeval naij business nonsense! Effing stark illiterate!

grin cheesy All these harangue for me? Ok, take a chill pill. The phrase you referred to in my post was to debunk the penultimate poster's assertion that Dbanj/Don Jazzy debacle was a Yoruba/Igbo thingy (refer to the poster's opening sentence), hence a figure of speech.

Now to the content of your own post. Has Don Jazzy made a new Dbanj? No. Has he made great hits like he always does with Dbanj? Yes. Have there been economic benefits to him and his crew? Yes. In my opinion, this is how you measure success. Ability to identify new talent and stay consistent and steadfast in providing and maintaining the apposite quality known for.

I concur that Dbanj has attempted giant leaps since the split. However, are there notable hits from him since he left? No. Sustainability relates to relevance till the future not immediate happenings. If he is unable to improve his ratings with hits at home in Nigeria to earn him accolades and awards which he was known for while with Don Jazzy, the supposed international goodwill you lay claim to may fizzle away with the wind. If international Grammy award winners can file for bankruptcy then anyone can.

Finally, the insults and e-tantrums pelted at me were unnecessary. These days, teenagers and younger people on NL show better maturity than supposed veterans who append the prefix "Sir" to their user names. I will let this pass this time. Enjoy. smiley wink grin

1 Like

Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by princejayboss: 10:09am On Feb 08, 2015
FolarinLondon:

You are rude with that statement but I ll pretend you didn't tell me to grow up for airing

Gravesend. Moved from from Thamesmead Central couple of weeks ago.

Am sorry if am rude but the fact is the Dbanj thing you said were not correct, some here will grow more hate for Don jazzy based on this crack info of yours... Please lets be real
Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 08, 2015
princejayboss:

Am sorry if am rude but the fact is the Dbanj thing you said were not correct, some here will grow more hate for Don jazzy based on this crack info of yours... Please lets be real

Honestly speaking, I didn't write anything out of hatred for Jazzy; my write up was completely based on facts. If you see anything in my previous post that are false, let me know and I ll dispute your findings with facts
Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by SirShymexx: 11:43pm On Feb 08, 2015
realborn:

grin cheesy All these harangue for me? Ok, take a chill pill. The phrase you referred to in my post was to debunk the penultimate poster's assertion that Dbanj/Don Jazzy debacle was a Yoruba/Igbo thingy (refer to the poster's opening sentence), hence a figure of speech.

Regardless of what the poster said, it's idi.otic to assert that one person (especially a non-Yoruba person) is more Yoruba than the next person. Most of you just spout utterly disrespectful tripe everywhere, without a full understanding what the hell you're talking about. And don't start shifting goal-post here, how about explain why the other guy is more Yoruba than Dbanj?

Now to the content of your own post. Has Don Jazzy made a new Dbanj? No. Has he made great hits like he always does with Dbanj? Yes. Have there been economic benefits to him and his crew? Yes. In my opinion, this is how you measure success. Ability to identify new talent and stay consistent and steadfast in providing and maintaining the apposite quality known for.

Still not making sense and your retort is as vacuous as the one above. You and your ilk keep pontificating nonsense about the guy making the Dbanj who he's today. How about cite a next person he has been able to "make" since he parted ways with Dbanj? That will be a good premise to judge his talent - not the simplistic tosh you're alluding to. I already referenced a few super-talented producers, and their body of work - to buttress my argument. The onus is on you to do the same. However, since the guy hasn't been able to create another Dbanj - it's obvious that Dbanj made him who's. That's a no-brainer.

I concur that Dbanj has attempted giant leaps since the split. However, are there notable hits from him since he left? No. Sustainability relates to relevance till the future not immediate happenings. If he is unable to improve his ratings with hits at home in Nigeria to earn him accolades and awards which he was known for while with Don Jazzy, the supposed international goodwill you lay claim to may fizzle away with the wind. If international Grammy award winners can file for bankruptcy then anyone can.

Perhaps, you have not been paying attention - the soundtrack he made for Chimanmanda's "Half of a Yellow Sun" movie, an international film, definitely gets more accolades whatever tune he has ever made that isn't "Oliver Twist." And it's bigger than every Afrobeats tune that has come out of naij - apart from "African Queen" that was a soundtrack on "Fat Girls."

The international networking he has been able to pull off in the last few years is enough sustainability if he can get the business side of things right. That's a blank cheque he should be able to cash-in on, on the long run. Err, he's already cashing-in on that cheque right now. Hence Ciroc could make him the face of the company in Africa. Ditto Henny and Beats by Dre etc.. Also why he performed at the closing ceremony of the last Africa's football tournament. And why he was invited to the UN, White House, and AU. Ratings in naij are inconsequential since most of you are perpetual and pathetic haters with innate P.ull H.im D.own (PhD) syndrome.

I still don't understand why you lot keep pontificating about the next man's money, especially someone you don't know, based on idi.otic smear campaign with no basis. Regardless, who cares if he's bankrupt or not? Is it ya money? How about mind ya business, and focus on things you can prove based on facts, like: international networking, endorsements, big concerts etc.?

Do I need to remind you that apart from a guy named Fela Kuti, Dbanj is the only naij artist that has performed at the legendary Glastonbury Festival in the UK? - beat that. He has also performed at Secret Garden Party, UK's o2 wireless festival etc.. And "Oliver Twist" remains biggest crossover tune to ever come out of Nigeria. What has your Bum-Jazzy done?

Finally, the insults and e-tantrums pelted at me were unnecessary. These days, teenagers and younger people on NL show better maturity than supposed veterans who append the prefix "Sir" to their user names. I will let this pass this time. Enjoy. smiley wink grin

Cry me a river, biitch. You can open ya putrid amala-infested mouth to disrespect and talk-down on the next man by questioning his inborn identity - yet play the victim card when someone calls you out for ya stupidity. Typical. You're cowardly, weak, and a cry-baby - and that's synonymous with you pseudo-sophisticated oafs. Go eat amala - my "knighthood" is forever adorned on me. cool
Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by princejayboss: 11:51am On Feb 10, 2015
FolarinLondon:

Honestly speaking, I didn't write anything out of hatred for Jazzy; my write up was completely based on facts. If you see anything in my previous post that are false, let me know and I ll dispute your findings with facts

Bro, first i must say you are great with your presentation but the fact is Dbanj personality sales a different thing... He is not the stuff you think, if you know him closely, he is this type that can present things in a manner that you will die believing they were true... Soon we shall know speaks the truth at last
Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 10, 2015
princejayboss:

Bro, first i must say you are great with your presentation but the fact is Dbanj personality sales a different thing... He is not the stuff you think, if you know him closely, he is this type that can present things in a manner that you will die believing they were true... Soon we shall know speaks the truth at last

Let them sort themselves out. Na them sabi.
Op u r good though

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Linda Ikeji's Engagement / DSS Arrests Prince Kpokpogri Over Tonto Dikeh's Nude Pictures, Blackmail / Steve Crown: "How I Handle Female Fans"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.