Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,754 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster (41230 Views)

Photos From D’banj’s 10th Anniversary Celebrations In South Africa / First Photos From The Red Carpet At D’banj’s 10th Anniversary Party (SEE Photos) / Donjazzy Subs D'banj 10 Years Anniversary Concert ..(SEE TWEETS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by Geestunnar(m): 9:18pm On Feb 05, 2015
Don’t you just feel bad when you already had your day planned and circumstances take a better part of it. These things just never go as planned.

Things such as a D’banj event. It should have been noted in my subconscious when we were told the event was slated to start at 7pm. Maybe I was giving them the benefit of a doubt? What was wrong with that? After all, it’s his 10th year in the industry, everyone should be eager to celebrate him enough to be early? No?

Thats was what I thought when I arrived the scene and it was scanty. Typical, so it wasn’t such a big deal. In an hour or two or three, things should get better and people should turn up? So I thought. I’m sure at this juncture a lot of people are wondering what I was expecting, this is what is obtainable at Lagos events. Right? You’ll know in a bit.

The choice of event is still bewildering to me. What is D’banj’s love for sand? He seemed to have registered a thing for it since his last event. Going in from the carpet to the venue became a journey on its own. Something of a deja-vu. Only thing that made it better and different was the distance.

Having finally made it to the venue, I looked around, a couple of guests had started arriving. Celebrities, not actual guests who purchased the tickets that started at 20,000 for regular. Which really, if you are a die hard – and more emphasis on die hard – you know the rush that comes when you know you’re about to attend a Cold Play event and you’d pay anything for it kinda situation, it’s shouldn’t be a big deal to get. But not when it was announced barely days to the event.

The vast majority of the crowd were made up of media crew. At a point, they started interviewing co-presenters. Do you blame them? They have to make up for content somehow. With one guest by the hour, it was impossible to work with. The red carpet became more active by 12am. And when I say active I mean, the number had increased from one to two and three.

When I heard a ten year anniversary celebration, I pictured an O2 Arena kind of gathering for a kick off. Even made better and confirmed when it was revealed ex-stripper, Amber Rose was headlining the event.

So imagine my surprise.

Every other thing went in a blur as time passed with nothing going on except a lot of bored people showing off their frustrations at 1am standing around doing nothing.

The interior, though small looked really well decorated with dazzling ornaments. The stage well lit in anticipation of what should be happening but isn’t. People littered the corners sipping on drinks provided with the exchange of a voucher going for 3,000naira. For a 10 year anniversary apparently D’banj didn’t want a mammoth crowd hence his choice of venue.

Then the moment came when people started leaving. Managing Director of Diamond Bank, Uzoma Dozie probably didn’t stay up to 11pm before he took his leave. Followed by some other people. First in their twos, then threes. Just as they had come.

Then somewhere between 1:50 and 2am, there were loud sirens and a lot of chaos and we knew the hosts for the show had arrived and finally too.

The moment Amber Rose had arrived on the red carpet much to the delight of the photographers who didn’t eventually get a good shot and swore under their breathes later, the show had begun for some and ended for most. As they had finally achieved why they came.

All this while, no one noticed Sheyi Shay arrive in the midst of the ruckus.

Even at that the show didn’t really kick off till much later into the morning. What baffled me though was that aside some celebs such as Teebillz and Tiwa Savage (who arrived the venue separately by the way), Ice Prince, Wizkid, Davido and some new acts, no one from the beginning of his 10 year professional career showed up to celebrate the supposed icon in the industry regardless of any existing rift.

That’s how the cookie crumbled for Bangalee.

http://ynaija.com/ynaijaonthescene-the-disaster-that-was-dbanjs-10th-anniversary-celebration/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by Joshkid(m): 9:26pm On Feb 05, 2015
cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by delishpot: 11:11pm On Feb 05, 2015
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by deriod(m): 11:24pm On Feb 05, 2015
I don't y a lot of Nigerian journalist derive pleasure in someone else misfortune ,are u guys not tired of breaking d bad news always ,dbanj dis dbanj dat ,dbanj.

112 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by diamondpaul(m): 11:25pm On Feb 05, 2015
Y the hate,y the beef? Has he not done enough....to hell with ur comment it has now come to tend with nigerian guy's who easily resolve to directing abuses to music icon's who probably was carried away with other mean's to make it.u re alway's hating while he's flying from one show to another...I must say the bitter truth the reason y u re not as succesful as he is , is because he never paid attention to ppeo like u. Just let the man be. For goodness sake what shall it profit u to pull him down with these trash u have abt him in ur upstair's.

63 Likes

Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by Creamychic(f): 11:27pm On Feb 05, 2015
This is really expository smiley

5 Likes

Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by oladapolif: 11:49pm On Feb 05, 2015
I am 100% tell you, the people hating and creating lie stories about Dbanj are non Yoruba. No reason why u will hate on this nigga so much and still use your precious time to build lies about me.. U are never going forward too, keep hating on someone else success

34 Likes

Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by ellahzy(f): 12:12am On Feb 06, 2015
This ur story wont Stop us from 'Feeling The Nigga.

ELLAJOVY @IG

52 Likes

Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by dhardline(m): 12:36am On Feb 06, 2015
So sad.I remember 2years ago when the arguement about dbanj and donjazzy was really hot on nairaland as to who would be better off after the break,I guess the answer has been played out now and there is no longer need for stories.

32 Likes

Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by IamOpemipo(m): 12:45am On Feb 06, 2015
Anoda hungry blogger grin

Waitin for Airforce1 musical album cheesy

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by channelz: 1:24am On Feb 06, 2015
It pays to be loyal to Nigerians

16 Likes

Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by freshness2020: 2:08am On Feb 06, 2015
Make una free dis guy abeg!
♈όϋ do bad dem go talk. ♈όϋ do good na wahala!
..wetin man go do sef Wey Dem no go talk!
I sorry for jobless broke a*s!

6 Likes

Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by Nobody: 2:40am On Feb 06, 2015
Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by Afrok(m): 3:20am On Feb 06, 2015
Someone had already made a tribalistic comment shocked, waiting for others to follow and possibly turn this thread upside down with tribalism .

In other news, its none of my business coz D'banj celebrated 10th year anniversary that is his business, people believed it (anniversary) didn't live up to expectations that's their business, U think they're painting D'banj bad that's ur business, "won't it be nice if we all mind our business"? undecided

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by AbuMikey(m): 3:38am On Feb 06, 2015
diamondpaul:
Y the hate,y the beef? Has he not done enough....to hell with ur comment it has now come to tend with nigerian guy's who easily resolve to directing abuses to music icon's who probably was carried away with other mean's to make it.u re alway's hating while he's flying from one show to another...I must say the bitter truth the reason y u re not as succesful as he is , is because he never paid attention to ppeo like u. Just let the man be. For goodness sake what shall it profit u to pull him down with these trash u have abt him in ur upstair's.

Ogbeni, Calm down. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by Swizdoe(m): 4:47am On Feb 06, 2015
I don't know why some people believe their wack opinion is relevant just because they know how to write stories

4 Likes

Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by Nobody: 5:40am On Feb 06, 2015
oladapolif:
I am 100% tell you, the people hating and creating lie stories about Dbanj are non Yoruba. No reason why u will hate on this nigga so much and still use your precious time to build lies about me.. U are never going forward too, keep hating on someone else success

The whole lies are made up by all these freaking Igbos simply cos the D banj dumped their annoying son.

Have you notice that since D banj left the mofo-Jazzy (cos there is nothing Don about him as far as London guys are concerned, he can only be a Don in the land of foolish and blind people), he has been featuring in all sort of cheap adverts and singles? He has gone back to his humble beginning unlike when the D banj was selling him to the world as a Don with walking stick.

Go and check people attacking the innocent guy on YouTube, they are all Igbos going by their profile names. Honestly, you ll begin to ask yourself, why are they trying to pull him down at all cost?

And the painful part of this is that D banj was d one who encouraged Jazzy to follow him to Nigeria in the first place, lived in their house and probably got fed by D banj parents.

D banj was the one who brought this useless and untalented mofo called Dr sid to the group but only for him to back stabbed him; listen to the audio that went viral couple of months ago and that ll tell you how wicked people can be......

Learn from this......

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by Nutase: 7:46am On Feb 06, 2015
Eja nla for life grin

10 Likes

Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by sharawwy(m): 8:01am On Feb 06, 2015
Y cnt u guys jst leave d banj alone,if u re nt talkin abt his anniversary it will b abt him bein broke,ogini

5 Likes

Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by dharay99: 8:10am On Feb 06, 2015
Fake Fake Lies, failure kor, falila ni..

#dvmb arss haters sha... undecided sad

1 Like

Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 06, 2015
ok
Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by pekeyim: 8:10am On Feb 06, 2015
Story story
Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by hazyfm1: 8:11am On Feb 06, 2015
LOL
Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by Faibuhari: 8:11am On Feb 06, 2015
Isorit
Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by Jostico: 8:12am On Feb 06, 2015
mumu pipo to him na sucess to una failure

1 Like

Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by 1stola: 8:12am On Feb 06, 2015
Dbanj has lost it.
I'm not surprise, anyone who associates him or herself with GEJ will surely FAIL.

11 Likes

Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by coldsummer: 8:12am On Feb 06, 2015
Lol
Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by OgologoDimkpa: 8:12am On Feb 06, 2015
Why did he choose to bring Amber Rose

3 Likes

Re: Why D’banj’s 10th Year Anniversary Concert Was A Failure & A Disaster by tizz04(m): 8:12am On Feb 06, 2015
pekeyim:
Story story
. Ok we hear

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinachi Dike Egbeigwe And Ogechi Ogbonna Wed Today (Pictures) / My Wife Is Intelligent, It’s Difficult Marrying Someone Like Me –IK Ogbonna / Yvonne Jegede Wows In Blue Top With Pant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.