Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Breaking: S’west Youth Forum Rejects Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: S’west Youth Forum Rejects Jonathan (1115 Views)

Buhari Or No Buhari, "North Must Retain Presidency Till 2023"- Arewa Youth Forum / Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft / Ondo: APC Crisis Worsens As S’west, S’south Chairmen Bicker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: S’west Youth Forum Rejects Jonathan by Johnnyessence(m): 6:16am On Feb 06, 2015
A youth organisation known as the South-West
Youth Forum has said that President Goodluck
Jonathan does not deserve a second term in
office because of his unwillingness to deal with
corruption and insecurity in the country.
The group, which held its congress in Akure,
Ondo State, on Wednesday, also rejected the use
of Afenifere as the face of the South-West
support for the President.
The SWYF congress was attended by delegates
from Ekiti, Ogun, Lagos, Osun and Oyo states.
In a four-page communiqué signed by the
forum’s chairman, Foluso Ajimuda, the youths
averred that the Afenifere support “is an attempt
to deceive the Yoruba people.”
They held that the Yoruba people had come to
the firm conclusion that they had been at the
receiving end of the Jonathan-led government.
The communiqué read in part, “The forum from
the foregoing has therefore thrown its weight in
support of General Muhammadu Buhari whom it
believes his administration will be a rallying
point for hopeless and dejected Nigerians.
“Buhari has a marvellous track record of
discipline, transparency and patriotism. We
equally believe he will tackle the challenges of
corruption, insurgency and underdevelopment
frontally.”
The forum argued that insecurity had worsened
under the Jonathan administration due to its
lack of capacity to tackle terrorism.
It also noted that the government had been
relying on mere statistics to measure
development, whereas Nigerians in real terms
were becoming poorer. www.punchng.com/news/swest-youth-forum-rejects-jonathan/

1 Like

Re: Breaking: S’west Youth Forum Rejects Jonathan by HURUCHI(m): 6:19am On Feb 06, 2015
Ok
Re: Breaking: S’west Youth Forum Rejects Jonathan by Olanireti(m): 6:23am On Feb 06, 2015
We as youth have not gained from GEJ led corrupt government. Many graduates are without job. Many lost their lives at the immigration job scandal, nothing is done about it. Seriously speaking, I don't expect any reasonable youth who wants better life for himself and his coming kids to vote for GEJ. Let's vote for change. GEJ has no solution to this country. We want change
Re: Breaking: S’west Youth Forum Rejects Jonathan by saaedlee: 6:24am On Feb 06, 2015
Change is almost here.

#SaiBuhari

Go and collect your PVCs
Re: Breaking: S’west Youth Forum Rejects Jonathan by Burger01(m): 6:27am On Feb 06, 2015
There is nothing breaking about the news. We all know GMB is in the heart of millions of Nigerians because we need change and we are tired of people holding the country by the jugular. Every reasonable and result oriented persons will vote for Buhari for change..

Come rain come shine on Febuhari 14th 2015 it's Buhari all the way.. Haters Repent.

#iHaveDecided.
#Change.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: S’west Youth Forum Rejects Jonathan by simplemach(m): 6:33am On Feb 06, 2015
This report is incomplete because they've not stated how much that is involved.
Re: Breaking: S’west Youth Forum Rejects Jonathan by simplemach(m): 6:33am On Feb 06, 2015
saaedlee:
Change is almost here.

#SaiBuhari

Go and collect your PVCs
but dont forget that almost cannot kill a bird.
Re: Breaking: S’west Youth Forum Rejects Jonathan by Nobody: 6:34am On Feb 06, 2015
GMB my father

carry goooooooooo!!!!
Re: Breaking: S’west Youth Forum Rejects Jonathan by AONO: 6:37am On Feb 06, 2015
Speak for yourself
Re: Breaking: S’west Youth Forum Rejects Jonathan by teemanbastos(m): 6:41am On Feb 06, 2015
Olanireti:
We as youth have not gained from GEJ led corrupt government. Many graduates are without job. Many lost their lives at the immigration job scandal, nothing is done about it. Seriously speaking, I don't expect any reasonable youth who wants better life for himself and his coming kids to vote for GEJ. Let's vote for change. GEJ has no solution to this country. We want change
saaedlee:
Change is almost here.
#SaiBuhari
Go and collect your PVCs
Burger01:
There is nothing breaking about the news. We all know GMB is in the heart of millions of Nigerians because we need change and we are tired of people holding the country by the jugular. Every reasonable and result oriented persons will vote for Buhari for change..
Come rain come shine on Febuhari 14th 2015 it's Buhari all the way.. Haters Repent.
#iHaveDecided.
#Change.
Yungwizzzy:
GMB my father
carry goooooooooo!!!!
I Hail you All.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: S’west Youth Forum Rejects Jonathan by saaedlee: 6:42am On Feb 06, 2015
simplemach:
but dont forget that almost cannot kill a bird.

Thanks,

CHANGE IS HERE
Re: Breaking: S’west Youth Forum Rejects Jonathan by TeamSimple(m): 6:43am On Feb 06, 2015
How many forums do we have? Well Nairaland forum has endorse Buhari and that's what matters.
Re: Breaking: S’west Youth Forum Rejects Jonathan by phlemzy: 6:43am On Feb 06, 2015
All I know is Afenifere,Ohaneze,Arewa & other sociopolitical groups can influence the choice of their regular members and not that of the entire region they claim to belong. Its ONE MaN ONE VOTE.
Re: Breaking: S’west Youth Forum Rejects Jonathan by Olanireti(m): 6:47am On Feb 06, 2015
teemanbastos:
I Hail you All.
Thanks bro. We want change
Re: Breaking: S’west Youth Forum Rejects Jonathan by Johnnyessence(m): 8:12am On Feb 06, 2015
all d youth in d Yoruba region av endorsed GMB since last year. so forget oooo this is a good development.
Re: Breaking: S’west Youth Forum Rejects Jonathan by gen2briz(m): 8:14am On Feb 06, 2015
I didn't think I endorse him before.
iHaveDecided
On GMB mandate i stand.
#teamelectionmusthold.
Re: Breaking: S’west Youth Forum Rejects Jonathan by Nobody: 9:01am On Feb 06, 2015
How do we know the politician that gave the two cartoons of Alamo Bitters and Orijin that caused the oral diarrhea.

They dey find meat kpomo com dey raise hand

Johnnyessence:
A youth organisation known as the South-West
Youth Forum has said that President Goodluck
Jonathan does not deserve a second term in
office because of his unwillingness to deal with
corruption and insecurity in the country.
The group, which held its congress in Akure,
Ondo State, on Wednesday, also rejected the use
of Afenifere as the face of the South-West
support for the President.
The SWYF congress was attended by delegates
from Ekiti, Ogun, Lagos, Osun and Oyo states.
In a four-page communiqué signed by the
forum’s chairman, Foluso Ajimuda, the youths
averred that the Afenifere support “is an attempt
to deceive the Yoruba people.”
They held that the Yoruba people had come to
the firm conclusion that they had been at the
receiving end of the Jonathan-led government.
The communiqué read in part, “The forum from
the foregoing has therefore thrown its weight in
support of General Muhammadu Buhari whom it
believes his administration will be a rallying
point for hopeless and dejected Nigerians.
“Buhari has a marvellous track record of
discipline, transparency and patriotism. We
equally believe he will tackle the challenges of
corruption, insurgency and underdevelopment
frontally.”
The forum argued that insecurity had worsened
under the Jonathan administration due to its
lack of capacity to tackle terrorism.
It also noted that the government had been
relying on mere statistics to measure
development, whereas Nigerians in real terms
were becoming poorer. www.punchng.com/news/swest-youth-forum-rejects-jonathan/

(1) (Reply)

I Have Given Up On Nigeria / Elections Postponed (official) / Recall: Why We Won’t Use Card Readers In Ekiti, Osun – Jega

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.