Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,119 members, 7,835,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections (2583 Views)

I May Be Arrested Soon – Dino Melaye Cries Out / I May Not Vote PDP Presidential Candidate In 2019 – Governor Umahi / Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by Nobody: 6:25pm On Feb 28, 2015
My dear, I feel your pain..... cry
Re: 6 Reasons I May Not Vote During The Elections by joseph1832(m): 9:40pm On Feb 28, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
1. It took me a whole day to register for a voters card and another three days to get a PVC which I eventually collected yesterday, both in a disorganised queue where the electoral officers hastily attended to people who bribed them with as little as N500. Others like me were told to follow due process. Due process that took them 3 days before they got to my turn.
How would I be encouraged to vote if the process is that tedious and corrupt?

2. Last time I checked, the policies that affect me and other youths aren’t discussed to nearly the same extent in the media, nor are they reflected in politicians’ priorities. Okay, I lied.
I’m actually looking for a job in a public primary school so I can eat one FREE meal per day.

3. Will my vote count? I was once posted to a rural community to stand in as a presiding officer during a certain INEC elections. Majority of people that came out to vote were illiterates bearing the same surname.

PS: Most poor couples in these communities have nothing to do for a living so they just spend all their time at home having s*x. The only thing they have in their house is a bed and pot. As expected, this is the reason why unemployed people keep dropping children every new moon.
If you have no source of income, you should consider a proper family planning method or you would continue selling your vote, your wife, your children and that of your children’ children for a half bag of rice.

4. In the early 90’s, my school assembly march usually ended with,

‘Parents, listen to your children
We are the leaders of tomorrow
Try and pay our school fees
And give us sound education’

In the past couple of years, I have been job hunting, generator is still our major source of power, standby PHCN is its alternative, I spent 6 years in the university for a 4-year course, a cup of garri is now N45, Nutri C has been reduced from 18g to 13g, titus sardine now has two fishes . . .etc
Which political candidate do I believe?

5. February 14th is Valentine’s day. I may be single but I intend to treat it as such.

6. I don’t believe all these promises by our politicians. However, I am inclined to consider this tempting offer a chance.
That is, if I leave my bed on the 14th.

Be rest assured that whether you vote or not, the decision and policies this politicians will make will affect and touch your very life whether you like it or not!.

Be wise and pick a side because...

1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Result From Senator Musiliu Obanikoro's Polling Unit / Samuel Achilefu Receives US Award For Inventing Cancer Goggles / Ministerial List: Buhari Must Be Screened If He’s Petroleum Minister—senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.