Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,409 members, 7,864,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:10 AM

Who Should I Vote? GEJ Or Buhari??? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Should I Vote? GEJ Or Buhari??? (789 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Bola Tinubu Sends Out Mass Text Mgs Urging Supporters To Vote GEJ / I Won't Vote GEJ Because Of This Pics / Why Should I Vote For APC In 2015? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should I Vote? GEJ Or Buhari??? by iykbethany(m): 11:44am On Feb 06, 2015
I am a law abiding citizen of Nigeria, during the last election I voted PDP both in state and presidential elections.

The elections are around the corner once again and many politicians are making lots of lies to deceive gullible minds. I am not gullible so cannot be deceived. I am still undecided as to whom to give my vote at federal level.

I will be honest to admit there are sometimes i want to vote PDP and sometimes also i want change. I will be honest to say I am tired of seeing just one party win Nigerian presidential election year after year. Why just one party? I believe if different parties rule at different intervals we will then know which party is better.

MY PROBLEMS WITH BUHARI:
I love the fact they say he is not corrupt, we want an honest leader that have the guts to weed out corruption from our system. But to me Buhari is TOO OLD to rule Nigeria. I want change, but the change i want is not a 80 years old grand father. I have no problem with old people, i respect elderly people alot and i know their roles in our families. But why Buhari? Why not Amaechi? Why not Fashola? To me, whatever you think Buhari will do, Fashola will do much better. Fashola is very educated, very intelligent, tested and trusted. If APC fielded someone like Fashola, Amechi, Ribadu, Chime, Oshomole etc I will vote for them easily without even thinking.

Why always North? Why must the north rule all the time? These set of people have ruled Nigeria for too long with nothing to show for it, I believe its only fair to allow other tribes/regions get a shot. All the money our past Northern leaders stole I wish they used it to turn Northern Nigeria into a small Dubai, instead of this boko haram problem we have today.

MY PROBLEMS WITH GEJ:
If GEJ wins it will be his second term, most Nigerian leaders do not do well during their second term. Fashola etc comes to mind. During Amechis first term in office he was commissioning projects almost on weekly basis. All the schools, hospitals etc were his first term projects. So GEJ may not perform well if he gets a second chance.

Corruption under GEJ seems to be monumental. There are many failed promises here and there. Though this is not peculiar to GEJ, almost all Nigerian politicians make promises they may or may not deliver. Rochas promised us the tallest building in Africa, till now they never even clear bush. What about the Lagos seaports and airports we were promised ages ago? What am I trying to say? Almost all Nigerian politicians make empty promises.

WHAT I HATE MOST:
What I despise most is how politics is played in Nigeria. A certain corrupt criminal joins another party and he automatically becomes a saint and a hero, who is fooling who?

Also, these people always paint each other black in order to look good. For example, APC will tell us that GEJ has not done anything at all since 4 years. This is a blatant lie, only the myopic imbeciles will be deceived by cheap propaganda. Our highways are better under GEJ, the railways are working too. Yeah we know we deserve better but we must give kudos when due. Same thing goes for Amaechi, Fashola, Akpabio, Sullivan Chime etc, these governors have tried for their states, how can I forget Kwankwaso. I am on ground in port Harcourt i know Amaechi has tried in many areas though more still needs to be done. but its criminal for anyone to say Amaechi has not done anything at all. My friends mom had surgery at the PH Dental hospital Garrison few months ago, shes an 75 years old woman, everything was free for her. Shes not even from rivers state. The health service in rivers is working. I am not a paint APC agent so spare me the lies and insults.

Now I want PDP and APC members to tell me why i must vote for them.
PDP members give me 10 good reasons why I must vote for GEJ again despite many failed promises. Last year i read on Nairaland that cement has been reduced to 1,000 naira or so, i rushed to Nigeria to start a project only to realize it was just a gimmick, why What happened to the Onitsha seaport after commissioning the project? What happened to geometrics Aba I need honest answers...

APC members please give me 10 reasons why i must vote for Buhari. Also, tell me why a man that truncated democracy wants to be a democratically elected president? Its like telling me that apple is evil and you later turn back to demand apple from me. I don't understand it. We all know Buhari ruled with decrees, can he cope with senators etc? can he control the house? I want a good leader and a good better Nigeria, i don't care if its a 200 years old man that can give me that, but i need HONEST answers..
LET THE BEST CANDIDATE WIN, the candidate that has Nigerians at heart should win. I suspect that APC may win but even if PDP emerges winner, its not gonna be an easy ride as usual. This time the opposition is stronger, richer and with many political heavyweights like Amaechi, Buhari, Rochas etc. So many heavyweights from GEJ own soil.

ADVISE TO THE MASSES: Please let us all stay calm & safe no matter our political affiliation. Let us not fight, kill or destroy no matter what. We are ONE NIGERIA, our country is very fragile right now, we don't need anything that will shake the foundation of this country. I have many Liberia and Sierra Leone friends, you don't want to hear what they underwent during the war in their country.

ADVISE TO POLITICIANS: We know you all want to win/rule by all means, but please remember you CANNOT win without our votes. Many of you are currently buying corn by the road ride, taking photos/selfies with market women, okada riders etc, immediately after elections now you people will ban and destroy the same people that voted you in. We the poor masses only ask that you put us in your agenda, not just your children and cronies. We are not asking for too much, we only ask for our roads to be motorable, let our schools and hospitals work. Let there be light and running water in our homes, is this too much to ask?

AMAECHI and JONATHAN should remember they are brothers no matter what. Thats all I have to say. I still remain undecided for now till APC and PDP answer my questions above. Goodluck to all of us...
Re: Who Should I Vote? GEJ Or Buhari??? by Icon4s(m): 11:45am On Feb 06, 2015
Vote Jonahari.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Should I Vote? GEJ Or Buhari??? by Makamuanwuo(m): 11:47am On Feb 06, 2015
Icon4s:
Vote Jonahari.

gbam
Re: Who Should I Vote? GEJ Or Buhari??? by ogb5(m): 12:08pm On Feb 06, 2015
There are more than 2 parties contesting. It is not compulsory that you vote for the largest party, you can search for a candidate from the other parties that best exemplifies your wishes and vote for such a candidate. As for me if I were to vote I will vote for Jonathan. Elections in Nigeria is winner take all. Buhari winning the election will automatically make him the strongest man in Nigeria and in the APC, he will have the freedom to bring in northerners to control vital sections of the economy, the same northerners who has messed us up previously.

I don't think it is the right time to allow northerners to dictate the pace of our growth. As an example Yar Ardua government stifled the electricity reforms started by obj by 2 yrs with useless probes even though they were in the same party.

Also Buhari is just the wrong candidate. We need a nationalist, you can accuse Jonathan of anything but you can not accuse him of favouring his region, you can not say the same tthing about Buhari, his tenure at PTF saw him grossly favouring his north west region, that is not character of a nationalist.
Re: Who Should I Vote? GEJ Or Buhari??? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 06, 2015
Let me go and gather firewood..

I'll be back to tell thee whom thou shall vote and why you should vote him.
Re: Who Should I Vote? GEJ Or Buhari??? by iykbethany(m): 12:55pm On Feb 06, 2015
ogb5:
There are more than 2 parties contesting. It is not compulsory that you vote for the largest party, you can search for a candidate from the other parties that best exemplifies your wishes and vote for such a candidate. As for me if I were to vote I will vote for Jonathan. Elections in Nigeria is winner take all. Buhari winning the election will automatically make him the strongest man in Nigeria and in the APC, he will have the freedom to bring in northerners to control vital sections of the economy, the same northerners who has messed us up previously.

I don't think it is the right time to allow northerners to dictate the pace of our growth. As an example Yar Ardua government stifled the electricity reforms started by obj by 2 yrs with useless probes even though they were in the same party.

Also Buhari is just the wrong candidate. We need a nationalist, you can accuse Jonathan of anything but you can not accuse him of favouring his region, you can not say the same tthing about Buhari, his tenure at PTF saw him grossly favouring his north west region, that is not character of a nationalist.
#

You have very valid points there
Re: Who Should I Vote? GEJ Or Buhari??? by blackCITIZEN(m): 1:02pm On Feb 06, 2015
Thank you
Re: Who Should I Vote? GEJ Or Buhari??? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Feb 06, 2015
You asked for 10? I'll give you 20reasons why you should vote GEJ...One good term deserves another!!!

If you are still mulling over whom to vote, think no more.

1). He built 150 almajiri schools.To tackle illiteracy
and reduce senseless killings in the north. Once you are literate you will not run into people's houses and slice their throats because your candidate lost.

(2) He revived railway that was dead for over 28yrs! Yes, 28years! To reduce costs of transportation and de-congest the roads.
(Lagos-Kano route, Lagos-Southern Ogun
aircondition train route, Ajaokuta-Warri standard
guage route, PH-Enugu airconditioned train route,
PH-Maiduguri train route, Kaduna intra-city train
routes, Makurdi-PH airconditioned train route,
Abuja-Kaduna standard gauge route. Work-on Lagos-Ibadan standard guage route ongoing. And about to kick start Lagos-Calabar coastal railway route.

(3) He established 9 federal universities. To encourage education and give educationists more jobs.

(4)Massive road reconstruction across the country
(25000km). Benin-Ore road, Abuja-Lokoja
expressway, Enugu-Abakaliki, Onitsha-Owerri road,
Kaduna-Maiduguri road, East-West road, Parts of
PH-Enugu road &Lagos-Ibadan 8-lane road ongoing. To reduce lives lost on the road during traveling

(5) He dredged River Niger..

(6) Improved in power supply from 2500mw to
6000mw and implanted 10 new power plants.

( 7) He revived the automobile industry with the
new automoblie policy compelling Nissan&Hyundia, e.t.c to assemble/produce cars in Nigeria and the emergence of Indigenous automobile company the INNOSON group now producing locally made cars, SUVs and trucks known as the IVM motors. First in the history of Nigeria, She joined the community of car manufacturing countries to create jobs for more Nigerians.

8. He remodeled airports in an attempt to meet
international standards, built five new airport
terminals in PH, Lagos, Kano, Abuja &Enugu. First
in the history of Nigeria, the East now have an
international airport to give Nigeria a better image because the Airport is the first place a foreign enters.

(9 ) He signed freedom of information(FOI) bill past leaders refused to sign..

(10) He revamped the agricultural sector. Nigeria
now the largest producer of cassava in the world
with 45million metric tonnes-FAO, the largest
exporter of cassava chips to China and have
unprecedented 60% sufficient in rice production.
To strengthen and diversify our economy.

(11) He gave women 35% affirmative to women
participation in governance which saw the
emergence of Muktar as the first ever female
Chief Justice of Nigeria to bring women into decision making process of the nation.

(12) He was able to contain the outbreak of the ebola disease..

(13) He signed local content act. Nigeria now have
400 tankers transporting crude oil. Previously it
was 60 tankers.

(14) His government recorded an unprecedented
achievement in sports, because of the immense
support and encouragement from his government,
Nigeria put up one of the best sporting
performance in a long time. Remember before now, our sports-people always cry for lack of encouragement.

(16) He made it possible for Nigeria to conduct the
freest, fairest & 'crediblest' ( forgive my grammar, No adjective can qualify how I feel) election in the history of the country (2011 election) and made it possible for people to once more believe in elections and their ability to vote out sitting governments.
Unlike Obasanjo, he does not interfere with the
electoral and judiciary system.

19) Under his government, political assasination
and assasination of high profile Nigerians is now a
thing of the past. Who killed Dele Giwa, Bola Ige,
Funsho Williams, Marshall Harry, Aminisoari
Dikibo, Alfred Rewane, Ken Saro Wiwa, Kudirat
Abiola, NBA chairman Barnabas Igwe and his wife
Abigail Igwe? In whose governments were all these
murdered? I can give you about 100 high profile
political assasinations in Obasanjo's civilian rule
alone..

I can go on and on...But my hand don dey pain me..

Yet APC will want Nigerians to believe that GEJ is Doing Nothing or has done nothing..

They claim the only problem in Nigeria is the poorly defined word 'corruption' and the only way to solve it is returning power to the North. Dem think say all of us na melu-melu??

Op with these few points of mine, I hope I've been able to convince you and not to confuse you that GEJ deserves another term.

Dalu.

Respect to sir ossy4rill.
Re: Who Should I Vote? GEJ Or Buhari??? by ska10ger(m): 1:33pm On Feb 06, 2015
i wouldn't say u should vote for PDP or APC, seeing as Nigerian politicians decamp like they are taking strolls into 1 order of their numerous houses. what i wil urge you to do is vote for the right man. d statistics are there. No political administration is "PERFECT", but some have the good of the country at heart better than some others with more selfish ambitions.
it's imperative to note that while this present administration has done a very great job in many aspects of improving this country, the opposition has made it their agenda to discredit and drown this present administration's achievements with the cry of insecurity;insecurity that was birthed by them in the first place. as for me, I will vote 4 a man that has a structure on ground alread since i know the GMB like he's done in the past , wil always abandon projects and go about chasing his own tail and suppressing our right to expression and free flowing information. i wil give this administration another chance to finish what they've started. GEJ it is 4 me.
Long Live Our Beautiful Country Nigeria
Re: Who Should I Vote? GEJ Or Buhari??? by iykbethany(m): 1:43pm On Feb 06, 2015
@ DDeliverer I see many valid points in your post. I haven't been to any northern state other than Abuja so i don't know where the Almajiri schools are, not that am doubting they exist.

I can confirm the ones i have seen. I recently used the train service, its not very fast like in Europe but its brand new trains with ac, its ok for a start.

The Ore benin expressway and Onitsha owerri road i used December, they are quality roads.

Yes he dredged river niger but whats the use of the dredged river today? I still want to know why they wasted money on that project if they wont put it to use? Only one crane is rusting there since last year, what are they waiting for?

Local content law is working, a certain big man from our community got big contract from LNG, after that contract he built a standard school and hospital for our village to use, he also gave scholarship to 5 boys and 5 girls from the community. Before now only oyibo and Lebanese people receive such contracts, so kudos to the local content law.

EBOLA was collective effort between the affected state governments and FG. FG didn't achieve that feat alone.

The automotive policy is one area i praise GEJ, I have seen some Innoson SUV's and pickup trucks. They should do more to bring Toyota and Ford to Nigeria. He has done well in this area, kudos to him. The more we build or assembly cars in Nigeria the more we create job/wealth. This is good for the economy.
Re: Who Should I Vote? GEJ Or Buhari??? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 06, 2015
OP,
The decision is yours.

Just ensure you vote wisely on election day FeBUHARI 14th for the leader and party that you could trust to keep their promises
Re: Who Should I Vote? GEJ Or Buhari??? by iykbethany(m): 5:11pm On Feb 07, 2015
GenBuhari:
OP,
The decision is yours.

Just ensure you vote wisely on election day FeBUHARI 14th for the leader and party that you could trust to keep their promises

I learnt the date has been shifted to March or April, I dont know how true this is...

(1) (Reply)

Buhari, Yoruba And The Burden Of History / 12 Things You Didn't Know About General Muhammadu Buhari / Conspiracy To Scuttle Elections Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.