Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,476 members, 7,819,736 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

60 Reasons I Won't Vote For Jonathan - WOLE SOYINKA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 60 Reasons I Won't Vote For Jonathan - WOLE SOYINKA (690 Views)

Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan / Fashola Got Tongue Lashed For Saying*lagos Won't Vote For GEJ* / Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

60 Reasons I Won't Vote For Jonathan - WOLE SOYINKA by midolian(m): 1:15pm On Feb 06, 2015
LAGOS—NOBEL Laureate Prof. Wole Soyinka has, distanced himself from internet interview, which claimed he has endorsed President Goodluck Jonathan for re-election, saying he has 60 reasons why he will not vote for the continuation of this regime.

Soyinka who spoke yesterday during the presentation of 60 finalists of the Vision of the Child Competition entitled: Road to Sambisa at the Freedom Park, Lagos, also urged Nigerians to search their conscience and be objective before casting their votes for any of the candidates.

Addressing the students from various schools across the country, Professor Soyinka said: ‘’It is impossible to talk of today’s election without thinking of what happened to your colleagues, your siblings, your peers in the village called Chibok. It is not possible to think of the future of this nation in the sense of responsibility without that albatross called Chibok. Coming to the fore of our contemplation, I think that why I was being killed on the internet is probably because of this very event because those who began to advertise my death on the internet probably know already what I stand for over the election which is also why all kinds of statements have been made.’’

Soyinka used the occasion to clear the air on statements credited to him about the elections. He said ‘’I have never spoken a word about this election so anything which you read on the internet as interviews or recent statements is not mine. Don’t believe it. The reason is this, they advertised on the internet that I am dead, so why should you believe it?’’

He continued: ‘’I have at least 60 reasons for not voting for the continuation of this present government and those reasons are here

Why I will not vote for this government or encourage anybody to vote for the continuation of this present government is simply because your colleagues, numbering over 200 were kidnapped; we sent them on a mission – education, enlightenment, examination, to rub minds with their peers and they disappeared and the government of the nation failed to show leadership. So, anybody who says that I will vote or cast my vote or encourage anyone to vote for this regime must be living in Sambisa forest.

‘’There has been failure of leadership. Our children who you represent today have been betrayed. They were betrayed because no action or appropriate action was taken to retrieve your colleagues who were stolen from under our noses, 10 days before this government even accepted that they were missing.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/60-reasons-wont-vote-jonathan-soyinka/
Re: 60 Reasons I Won't Vote For Jonathan - WOLE SOYINKA by Icekeeng(m): 1:43pm On Feb 06, 2015
People Destroy People (PDP)
Patience Courtois Jonathan(GK)
#DEFENDERS
Ceazar Clarks Azpilicueta
Branislav Suswan Ivanovic
John Adamu Terry
Gary Fayose Cahill
#MIDFIELDERS
Nemanja David Mark
John Obi Mimiko
Ramires Okonjo Iweala
Cesc Namani Sambo
Yaya Akpabio Toure
#ATTACKER
Diego Goodluck Jonathan
#COACH
Jose Jega
#FORMATION
4-5-1
Association of Past Criminals (APC)
victor Tanbuwah Valdes(GK)
#DEFENDERS
Vincent Tinubu Company
Gerald Oyegun Pique
Marcello Bisi Akande
Sagna Rotimi Ameachi
#MIDFIELDERS
Xavi Fashola Hernandes
Andreas Okorocha Iniesta
Mesuit Oshiomole Ozil
#ATTACKERS
Cristiano Atiku
Lionel Osibanjo
Luis Buhari Suarez
#COACH
Louis Van Obasanjo
#FORMATION
4-3-3
#REFEREE
INEC
Hmmm,I smell match fixing here..PDP are
parking the bus,so APC will find it very
difficult to score.
Re: 60 Reasons I Won't Vote For Jonathan - WOLE SOYINKA by Achutebe(f): 1:52pm On Feb 06, 2015
It was told to me by someone present during his speech that one of the 60 reasons he mentioned was the sloppy way the government handled the building collapse at SCOAN.

Please confirm?
Re: 60 Reasons I Won't Vote For Jonathan - WOLE SOYINKA by midolian(m): 3:09pm On Feb 06, 2015
Achutebe:
It was told to me by someone present during his speech that one of the 60 reasons he mentioned was the sloppy way the government handled the building collapse at SCOAN.

Please confirm?
dou i wasn't there buh he didn't gv the 60reasons. He emphasized on the missing girls

Here z anoda link: http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-doesnt-deserve-re-election-soyinka/
Re: 60 Reasons I Won't Vote For Jonathan - WOLE SOYINKA by Achutebe(f): 6:30pm On Feb 06, 2015
By “the sloppy way the government handled the building collapse at SCOAN”, I mean that the government has covered up the truth concerning the strange plane that bombed The Synagogue by setting up the coroner’s inquest that refuses to deal with the real issues – by looking for the plane.
Re: 60 Reasons I Won't Vote For Jonathan - WOLE SOYINKA by midolian(m): 12:28am On Feb 07, 2015
Achutebe:
By “the sloppy way the government handled the building collapse at SCOAN”, I mean that the government has covered up the truth concerning the strange plane that bombed The Synagogue by setting up the coroner’s inquest that refuses to deal with the real issues – by looking for the plane.
ok

(1) (Reply)

Will Postponement Of General Election Stop Buhari's Victory? / This Is One Of The People That Deserve NATIONAL HONOUR / GEJ Quotes " If Nigeria Has A Problem, Then I Expect The US To Come And Assist "

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.