Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic (23640 Views)

Boko Haram Attacks Military Base In Bosso, Niger Republic, Shares Pics / Buhari Sharpens Focus On Niger Delta By Garba Shehu / U.S. Statement Of Concern On Niger Delta Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic by UrennaNkoli(f): 2:34pm On Feb 06, 2015
According to AFP, Boko Haram members this afternoon launched their first attack in Niger Republic. They attacked Basso, a border town with Nigeria. A resident of the town who spoke with AFP said;
"We can hear the sound of weapons all around the town, often very near our windows. There is the noise of heavy weapons and of light arms, making our houses shake,".It is not clear whether Boko Haram were battling against Niger's security forces or troops from Chad, also stationed at Bosso.
Source

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic by wise7(m): 2:42pm On Feb 06, 2015
please o,i pray those terrorists are flushed out quickly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic by UrennaNkoli(f): 2:45pm On Feb 06, 2015
wise7:
please o,i pray those terrorists are flushed out quickly
As long as GEJ is not on seat.

19 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic by naturally: 2:52pm On Feb 06, 2015
Eeya poor niger, do they have shock absorbers like nigerians

8 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic by Horlawoomey(m): 3:04pm On Feb 06, 2015
More enemies for Boko Haram, the bastards are heading for destruction.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic by UrennaNkoli(f): 3:07pm On Feb 06, 2015
naturally:
Eeya poor niger, do they have shock absorbers like nigerians
Its a really poor country with little and weak military man power but that courage and zael to fight and protect their citizens will go a long way in jelping them reduce and minimize the magnitude of attacks from the islamic sect. They have nothing but they have courage and God. The islamic sect gaining grounds on more countries, its high time international observers and the united nations do something. The famine that hit kenya, somalia and the wars that hit DR congo is not bigger than the attrocities commited by these sect. Al qaeda has been suppressed, al-shabab has been quelled, boko haram needs to be destroyed.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic by Nobody: 3:09pm On Feb 06, 2015
And what is there "clueles" President still doing in office?
Common, somebody shout change

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic by UrennaNkoli(f): 3:14pm On Feb 06, 2015
noblezone:
[size=18pt] CHANGE !!!!![/size]

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic by candidbabe(f): 3:39pm On Feb 06, 2015
Boko haram your days are numbered

8 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic by BlackTechnology: 3:49pm On Feb 06, 2015
Now Niger will sit up and attack BH from the west completing the encirclement of BH

Thank God cool

8 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic by Blackfire(m): 3:57pm On Feb 06, 2015
candidbabe:
Boko haram your days are numbered

boko haram,na niger i wan run go from naija,ok now pakistan here i come..who wan follow eh?
Re: Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic by Litmus: 4:23pm On Feb 06, 2015
Why would bokoharam attack Niger ask yourselves that? Bokoharam is supposedly being fought by Nigeria, Chad and Cameroon. In addition, AU wants to come to Nigeria and UN and France too and yet Bokoharam goes and attacks Niger, inviting more enemies. You think its arrogance, drugs, or like I've alll ways argued Bokoharam wants foreign forces on Nigerian soil.

Why would bokoharam want foreign forces in Nigeria?

My feeling is that the answer depends on the powers backing Bokoharam. If Bokoharam is a genuine wahibist franchise like Alkaida and ISIS funded initially or still so by powers like Saudi Arabia/Quarter then Bokoharam probably are at once seeking to illicit the sympathy of foreign fighters to come join thire Jihad and wanting to spread their Jihad through the West Africa region and in the processes linking up with Alkaida in the Maghreb.

However, if Bokoharam is receiving Western support, then Bokoharam's motive is to legitimate Foreign forces in Nigeria. I know that Nigerians find it difficult to imagine that when those forces do arrive that chiefs behind the scenes could be controlling both the slaughtering of Bokoharam terrorists while at the same time arming and recruiting more terrorists to join Bokoharm so that the fighting never ends in Nigeria. Gradually over time things will deteriorate in Nigeria and perhaps in the sub-region creating lucrative opportunity for all sorts of Nations and interests. Through back-channels, even as Bokoharam is being decimated, Bokoharam will have funds to recruit , terrorist from far-flung places will join them. We would have one vast lucrative war stretching right across West Africa to central Africa. And the potential of Nigeria will die with all this forever or until the Whites come and take control and bring peace, decades down the line. There'd be new lines drawn on the map of West Africa and the people that now make up Nigeria would no longer stand tall but would be like the rest of Africa, wringing our hands and being grateful to the white master and singing his praises and daring to do nothing without his approval. And his approval will never permit space travel because there are hungry mouths to feed first etc, etc

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic by Litmus: 4:27pm On Feb 06, 2015
Why would bokoharam attack Niger ask yourselves that? Bokoharam is supposedly being fought by Nigeria, Chad and Cameroon. In addition, AU wants to come to Nigeria and UN and France too and yet Bokoharam goes and attacks Niger, inviting more enemies. You think its arrogance, drugs, or like I've alll ways argued Bokoharam wants foreign forces on Nigerian soil.

Why would bokoharam want foreign forces in Nigeria?

My feeling is that the answer depends on the powers backing Bokoharam. If Bokoharam is a genuine wahibist franchise like Alkaida and ISIS funded initially or still so by powers like Saudi Arabia/Quarter then Bokoharam probably are at once seeking to illicit the sympathy of foreign fighters to come join thire Jihad and wanting to spread their Jihad through the West Africa region and in the processes linking up with Alkaida in the Maghreb.

However, if Bokoharam is receiving Western support, then Bokoharam's motive is to legitimate Foreign forces in Nigeria. I know that Nigerians find it difficult to imagine that when those forces do arrive that chiefs behind the scenes could be controlling both the slaughtering of Bokoharam terrorists while at the same time arming and recruiting more terrorists to join Bokoharm so that the fighting never ends in Nigeria. Gradually over time things will deteriorate in Nigeria and perhaps in the sub-region creating lucrative opportunity for all sorts of Nations and interests. Through back-channels, even as Bokoharam is being decimated, Bokoharam will have funds to recruit , terrorist from far-flung places will join them. We would have one vast lucrative war stretching right across West Africa to central Africa. And the potential of Nigeria will die with all this forever or until the Whites come and take control and bring peace, decades down the line. There'd be new lines drawn on the map of West Africa and the people that now make up Nigeria would no longer stand tall but would be like the rest of Africa, wringing our hands and being grateful to the white master and singing his praises and daring to do nothing without his approval. And his approval will never permit space travel because there are hungry mouths to feed first etc, etc

Hope I'm wrong but Nigerians be warned, take nothing for granting, dismiss nothing...watch them like hawks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic by pupsyd: 4:28pm On Feb 06, 2015
In short?
Re: Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic by pekeyim: 4:38pm On Feb 06, 2015
goons come and talk please.
Re: Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic by dharay99: 4:39pm On Feb 06, 2015
This ppl no dey tire. angry
Re: Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 06, 2015
hahahaha...APC be like GEJ set his boys to attack NIGER to look like he is not involve. #ndiara

8 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic by lilprinze: 4:40pm On Feb 06, 2015
GEJ till 2019

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic by kekakuz(m): 4:40pm On Feb 06, 2015
obum88:
hahahaha...APC be like GEJ set his boys to attack NIGER to look like he is not involve. #ndiara

] God bless you my guy

GMB thinks this boko issues is like milking his cows.
he dare not make a definite statement.
no wonder he refused to attend debates.

anyway as for me God forbid buhari rule me after he ruled my fathers na curse?

e taka oshi danu by clicking like jare[/size]

8 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic by dstnd: 4:41pm On Feb 06, 2015
boko haram don deh pass boundary
Re: Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 06, 2015
noblezone:

'cluefull' it is their not there

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 06, 2015
obum88:

Which Zoo u escape from? undecided
Re: Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic by ikombe: 4:41pm On Feb 06, 2015
undecided booked for future use tongue
Re: Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic by jamael(m): 4:41pm On Feb 06, 2015
bad
Re: Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic by criminalmindz: 4:42pm On Feb 06, 2015
GEJ NIGERIA'S OWN SIR ALEX FERGUSON. HE HAS MADE THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM POSSIBLE. HE HAS KNOCKED THEM(EX NIGERIAN RULERS) OFF THEIR PERCH WITH HIS GIANT ACHIEVEMENT. HE IS HEADING FOR TITLE NO 20(4 MORE YEARS). HATERS, HATE IT OR LOVE IT THE UNDERDOGS ARE ON TOP. GEJ TILL 2019.

14 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic by rozayx5(m): 4:43pm On Feb 06, 2015
the end is near

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic by Youngandactive: 4:43pm On Feb 06, 2015
shun violence
Re: Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic by DrPrickson: 4:43pm On Feb 06, 2015
Going to the next level. So much for islam
Re: Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic by steppin: 4:44pm On Feb 06, 2015
Niger don enter one chance! Too bad for them!
Re: Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic by naijainfogalery: 4:44pm On Feb 06, 2015
An Insurgency that should have been curbed 4 years ago has now became a war between 4 countries. Nigeria has lost its respect from the Western communities, even African countries now see us as fools, I could remember back in the Obasanjo days, there is no week that one African President wont fly to Nigeria to come help them settle one issue or the other, the same Nigeria has now turned to a country where Chad, I mean Chad is now assisting to fight a common Boko Boys.

Its disheartening, we've losts it. im not in support of Any political party but with all this things happening, if you still think we should give Jonathan a chance, pls rethink. The truth is Jonathan isnt prepared for this and wont be prepared in the next 10 years.,

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MTN Condems Xenophobia / 4,904 Workers Recruited By Jonathan May Lose Jobs- Punchng / Governor AbdulRazaq Donates 10-Month Salary To Fight Coronavirus In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.