Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,543 members, 7,823,380 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. (25254 Views)

RED Alert!..plan By Nigeria Army To Kill Nnamdi Kanu In Detention Uncovered / Baby Mauled To Death By Rats In Mexico As Teen Mom Is Out Partying! / ‘sexually Distracting’ Dress Lands School Girl In Detention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by chocolateme(f): 11:40pm On Feb 06, 2015
With heavy heart, I narrate to you how my mom ended up in SARS custody till today. I may not be able to give every single detail of what happened but please feel my pain and give me your opinion and advice. It may be a bit long but please bear with me.

My parents stay at Anambra but I and my sister stay in Lagos due to our job, I called my mom on Wednesday last 2 days but her number was switched off and I called dad who said mom's phone is broken and that they will call us back when he gets to the house. Ok they never called, yesterday. The same excuses, I asked him if there is any problem, he replied ''no''.

Suddenly by 5.30 this morning he called that we should open the gate for him, meaning that he came to Lagos on night bus. We were surprised, though not that surprised because he is meant to leave for China tomorrow for business.

He opened up this morning that on Wednesday around 5am, their house help woke up to go and switch on the sumo to pump water and saw about five men jumping into our compound through the fence, she ran to their room and woke them, they started hearing loud bangs on the gate from outside and on the iron door entrance to our house. They later realized it was the police but SARS.

Before now, we had business setback and loaned around 2.8m from the bank, (3 years now to be precise). I don't know how they calculated the interest but last year they refused to accept the loan amount first so we can be paying the interest in instalments. So now it accumulated, my dad said the bank said its 7m that we shall pay and even one of our shops that was used as collateral wasn't moving well due to location so it was rented out but it is still my day's property and the local government has its evidence of existence and ownership. The loan was collected by my mom via my dad's signature and paper, they run different lines of businesses and both travels too.

It was the bank that sent them that morning, knowing that it will be very difficult to make contacts to alleviate the situation if they arrest my dad, my mom decided that dad hides so she could speak with them. My dad went up to our penthouse. They ransacked every where in the house and did not see him, one of them noticed the penthouse and went up threatening to break the door ( they were 8 in number). My mom told them that she is the one that got the loan not her husband, that she will go with them to their office.

She changed into her clothes and they took her away till today, my dad has been trying all possible best to bail her through the lawyer but its hard, then they started trailing my dad. The lawyer advised him to leave the state because it will be worst if they catch him and if they catch him, he should forget about traveling or access to make contact while in detention. Secondly it is really important for him to travel as his flight has been booked, since today, so much efforts have been put in to bail her but to no avail, the top ranked police officer has put a call through from Abuja but yet nothing. I don't know how much the SARS were paid.

They went with the shop's original documents and the lawyer today to the shop and the Manager ended up rejecting it after evaluation with reasons that it will not fetch them seven million, its harder because the former bank manager just retired and this is a new manger. The lawyer wanted to file a court case but the NBA Anambra is still on strike that's why it's difficult to bail her.

Her BP is fast going out of hand and she has refused to eat since Wednesday only water. My brother with the lawyer has taken her drugs to her, the lawyer has decided that by Monday, they file the case on Federal high court and that way, they will grant her bail. Everyone is panicking, I don't understand and I don't know but we all unanimously accept that dad should not go there. Though so far, he is getting help from his contacts, but what I know is that the amount 7m is unacceptable. I feel it's unfair to jump into our private property through the fence as if they were coming to catch a criminal, the Manager has turned deaf ear to everybody's plea to grant mom bail on her health status. Well that's all I understand for now, so she will stay there till Monday again,
I don't even know what to do to help. Do you have anything helpful as per advice so we see if she can be released before Monday? Monday sef is too far. My dad is so pale now and is refusing to eat too.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by veave(f): 11:44pm On Feb 06, 2015
Na wa oh. Help is coming behind me

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Nobody: 11:45pm On Feb 06, 2015
D lord is ur strenght broda

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by mutter(f): 11:53pm On Feb 06, 2015
The first thing you need to do i get down there where she is. There you can better take care of her. What does SARS have to do with this case?
In which town exactly is this if you doT mind sharing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by amacastel: 11:56pm On Feb 06, 2015
Shey the loan was taken with a collateral? If yes that's there payment in loan obtaining if u refuse to pay the collateral becomes the payment pls don't pay that bank a dime and pls stp begging the manager this is bizness let ur lawyer take the case to court bail ur mum use 1m pursue the case and die the rest of the money
Afterall they evaluate the collateral b4 granting the loan it shld not be ur biznezz if is up to their money or not . Pls explain to ur mum there is no cause for alarm let her eat and pls take away all ur property document they can lay there hands on bringu guys are not owing them again since they have the document of the shop .the manager is trying to intimidate ur family cos they feel they are I anambra where bizness men and women fear them .
Pls don't forget to sue them for house breaking.
If I am u let ur lwayer file a petition against the & arrest the manager for house breaking and unlawful arrest and detention since is sars u go to state c I d awka they will transfer the case then u bail ur mum it will then bcome police matter come today come tommorrow because if u have given then document of a duplex they would have claim the house since without letting sars know
Good luck

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by mutter(f): 11:58pm On Feb 06, 2015
Aways better when such matters go to court. The interest of the court is lower than that of the bank.
Apart from the lawyer and court strong connections can do something in this case.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Mologi(m): 11:59pm On Feb 06, 2015
HE will do it...its just that a second might look like a day to u.......but HE surely do it...

believe

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by chocolateme(f): 12:03am On Feb 07, 2015
Cutehector4u:
D lord is ur strenght broda
tnx but I'm female. I'm weak, everyone in the house is still awake and worried, tnx again.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by mutter(f): 12:05am On Feb 07, 2015
where in Anambra state. You did not answer.
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Nobody: 12:06am On Feb 07, 2015
chocolateme:
tnx but I'm female. I'm weak, everyone in the house is still awake and worried, tnx again.
just continue to pray abt it. I believe she won't remain in custody foreva. Evry problem has an expiry date.

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by chocolateme(f): 12:15am On Feb 07, 2015
mutter:
Aways better when such matters go to court. The interest of the court is lower than that of the bank.
Apart from the lawyer and court strong connections can do something in this case.
tnx dear.. I don't know why they brought SARS. They did not destroy anything but jumping in through the gate is somehow, they tried to open it from inside for others outside but it was locked. It was my mom that later opened it for them. Around 5am, and it's not like my parents has been running away from the bank, we still bank with them.
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by mutter(f): 12:20am On Feb 07, 2015
You need to get down there and also contact the manager. Do you not know anyone influencial who can help? That was why I asked you in which town.
I am sure someone here man have an answer.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by chocolateme(f): 12:22am On Feb 07, 2015
mutter:
You need to get down there and also contact the manager. Do you not know anyone influencial who can help? That was why I asked you in which town.
I am sure someone here man have an answer.

awkuzu
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Nobody: 12:45am On Feb 07, 2015
Get a better lawyer! cool

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Nobody: 12:47am On Feb 07, 2015
What is/are SARS?
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by donigspain(m): 5:27am On Feb 07, 2015
Flytefalls:
What is/are SARS?
Special Anti-Robbery Squad

1 Like

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by ifyalways(f): 5:47am On Feb 07, 2015
alutacontinua:
Gbam!

That's the solution. you can also try sending a mail to Festus Keyamo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Nobody: 7:19am On Feb 07, 2015
alutacontinua:
Seconded. Get someone who prolly has more experience in dealing with issues like this. He/she doesn't need to be much more expensive than your present councel. All in all, you need to pray and reach out to influential people who can help pull strings.
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by chocolateme(f): 9:13am On Feb 07, 2015
ifyalways:

Gbam!

That's the solution. you can also try sending a mail to Festus Keyamo.
how can I reach him? As in his email add. Tnx
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Akbee(m): 10:12am On Feb 07, 2015
bak soon
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by money121(m): 10:13am On Feb 07, 2015
Ok

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Revolva(m): 10:14am On Feb 07, 2015
i fit manage detention in police stations...even kirikiri prison...but SARZ...station..na hell..pls..no dream of going there...home of torture..till u confess what you did not do

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by chelseabmw(m): 10:14am On Feb 07, 2015
Sorry for this..... this is bad
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by b0rn2fuck(m): 10:16am On Feb 07, 2015
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by jeje123(m): 10:18am On Feb 07, 2015
Leave whatever u are doing go their and confirm what really happen make sure u appear decent cos it matters alot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 07, 2015
Which state is she being held? I can help you if its in Lagos.

Send me a pm @op
Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Babyboy1986(m): 10:18am On Feb 07, 2015
Hmmmmm that's why i don't like to live in african anymore becos they take laws into there hands..My dear God will help you out, It's well.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Advice To Help.. Mom Is In Detention. by Yarduni: 10:18am On Feb 07, 2015
Its a pity

hardbody:

Let your lawyer apply for bail in court under the Fundamental Human Rights Procedure. A commercial loan default is not criminal except your dad has issued a dud cheque. She will be released by Monday. Cheer up.

if you are a lawyer go and represent them. It looks like the one they got does not know about this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Accident Kills Traders In Niger State While Transporting Their Goods (Graphic) / Have You Ever Been Accused Wrongly? Share Your Experience! / #evenif Hilariously Trending On Twitter (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.